No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,126
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    The only thing that rumor ever came out of was a YouTube channel that likes to play onto the fears of misogynistic incel viewers that believe that women want to take over the world and castrate men for being men. And this all because Star Trek, Doctor Who, Star Wars have women in the lead roles and supposedly upset male fans.

Well there was more then just that and there has been more franchises then just those but I don't want to debate. I think it's more appropriate to just relax and take time and to stay safe there is much better energy to be spent on during this crisis.

If the director of the film posts an Instagram Story 2 days after the delay explicitly stating the film’s done, I tend to believe him. As simple as that.

@DeerAtTheGates I never said I was debating or intended to debate that there were reshoots in the post I was just saying I don't want to debate the endless current Hollywood trends and that energy would be best spent against the virus. It sounds like Cary might have done "ADR" which would explain his little tweaks he was talking about in his Instagram post.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    This is the NTTD production thread, we’re likely to talk about all things NTTD.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,126
    This is the NTTD production thread, we’re likely to talk about all things NTTD.

I am I'm talking about Cary's Instagram post about the film and the fake rumors about reshoots. I wasn't trying to start virus talk even though I mentioned it and even though by the way I've still seen posts pertaining to that subject still on here after a thread was created. I was just trying to put out a potential fire before it started to burn and I'm sure we all know what that fire was going to be about. but I digress back to NTTD.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    talos7 wrote: »
    His haircut alone should shoot down any rumors of re-shoots.

How long ago was it that they filmed NTTD? He looks ancient in that video.

And some were saying he could come back for Bond 26. The man is the living embodiment of "past it".
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    talos7 wrote: »
    His haircut alone should shoot down any rumors of re-shoots.

How long ago was it that they filmed NTTD? He looks ancient in that video.

And some were saying he could come back for Bond 26. The man is the living embodiment of "past it".

No he is not, my dear friend.

Have you heard about a thing called makeup?
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    The Ball's Very Much in Craig's Court....If he wants to come back, Barbara would welcome him with the most opened arms of all time. I've enjoyed his time as Bond & NTTD looks like it would crown it all...so I hope nothing tempts him to return, so we don't start noticing the Stuntmen on screen & the Bond girls don't start looking like his Daughters.
    Personally I think it's really over now. But who knows...
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Personally I think it's really over now. But who knows...

Of course it is.
    Unfortunately.
    I think NTTD would have to completely bomb for Craig to consider coming back.

But given comments from a variety of people involved in the film or those close to it, it sounds as though this will be something special.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Craig shot his last scene as James Bond way back when at the Pinewood Studio Lot.
    The arc on his era closes with NTTD. The only thing that remains is his publicity work come November (fingers crossed)(it'll be interesting to see how much travel the cast does; I imagine that it will be curbed due to what's going on in the world).
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Yeah, Craig is done now. He's given his all for this last film, so it's a good way to leave.

As much as I liked him in the part, I'm excited for whatever is coming next.
    Yeah, Craig is done now. He's given his all for this last film, so it's a good way to leave.

As much as I liked him in the part, I'm excited for whatever is coming next.

Me. ;)
    I've never thought Brosnan's Bond was Bad(Although, he's not a favourite of the Critics) but still there were Concerns if Craig would match or best him. The 7th Bond like Craig will have an electrifying few minutes as an intro....and like Brosnan, we might find ourselves forgetting Craig.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,497
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I've never thought Brosnan's Bond was Bad(Although, he's not a favourite of the Critics) but still there were Concerns if Craig would match or best him. The 7th Bond like Craig will have an electrifying few minutes as an intro....and like Brosnan, we might find ourselves forgetting Craig.

Why do you bring Brosnan into this discussion?

Passing the Baton was the Discussion here....I believe.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

New magazine cover and interview with DC.

Passing the Baton was the Discussion here....I believe.

He btw was adored by the critics, they kept on seeing his Bonds as how every Bondmovie before him was and should always be aftah him.

Anyway.

Thank you, @Red_Snow. :)

The Ball's Very Much in Craig's Court....If he wants to come back, Barbara would welcome him with the most opened arms of all time. I've enjoyed his time as Bond & NTTD looks like it would crown it all...so I hope nothing tempts him to return, so we don't start noticing the Stuntmen on screen & the Bond girls don't start looking like his Daughters.

I find Craig has sometimes rather over emphasised the physicality of the role. If you think back to previous Bonds, none were really required to do much in the way of stunts. Perhaps with the exception of Dalton. I think it's entirely possible to have an older actor play Bond and focus on character, plus perhaps a few well choreographed fights and car chases that don't highlight age as a major issue.

The age of the Bond girls is even easier to address as Monica Bellucci demonstrated. Infact more age appropriate female leads is well overdue
    Getafix wrote: »

I find Craig has sometimes rather over emphasised the physicality of the role. If you think back to previous Bonds, none were really required to do much in the way of stunts. Perhaps with the exception of Dalton. I think it's entirely possible to have an older actor play Bond and focus on character, plus perhaps a few well choreographed fights and car chases that don't highlight age as a major issue.

The age of the Bond girls is even easier to address as Monica Bellucci demonstrated. Infact more age appropriate female leads is well overdue

Craig just is a different kind of actor. I wish I had his CR body. But alas...

*sips beer*
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The 7th Bond like Craig will have an electrifying few minutes as an intro....and like Brosnan, we might find ourselves forgetting Craig.

Agreed. The next guy will be adored by a new generation of fans. Craig can sit with the others, and Connery and Moore will be considered the greats at the top.

I think if the movie is delayed again that will start to harm the impact on the global
    Market, but also there is a risk that people won't sit together in a cinema by this November.
    Getafix wrote: »

Yeah, true...Craig started with ultra-physicality, so fans want to see him continue that way....that's the problem. In SP he relaxed a bit and he was immediately compared to Moore....critics saying that Moore's style isn't his style. I think Moore was able to do 7 films, coz he was more of a relaxed Bond. I think it's the same reason most fans like CR & QoS more, coz that's the Bond Craig introduced to the world.

Yeah, Middle-aged female leads could work....maybe if they're not too involved romantically. Maybe some sort of Mystery Women.

The 7th Bond like Craig will have an electrifying few minutes as an intro....and like Brosnan, we might find ourselves forgetting Craig.

Agreed. The next guy will be adored by a new generation of fans. Craig can sit with the others, and Connery and Moore will be considered the greats at the top.

I think if the movie is delayed again that will start to harm the impact on the global
    Market, but also there is a risk that people won't sit together in a cinema by this November.

Yeah, I think Cinemas might have rules....even if the Virus is gone By November. Maybe Gaps in-between people or something like that.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I think as much as you may not agree, Craig is one of the top three now.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Red_Snow wrote: »

New magazine cover and interview with DC.

I like that photo!
    mtm wrote: »

Yeah, true...like the post above, Craig was already mentioned with 2 other Bonds....so that makes three of them :)
    New magazine cover of Craig - taken during Hammersmith filming of NTTD
    http://danielcraigfan.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=781&pid=43368#top_display_media
    LOfficielHommesUS_Apr2020_001_DCF.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Very sort of retro Italian cool there!
    @Mendes4Lyfe Look at grandpa Daniel.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,043

He's got such a hard on for Turner he just makes things up, Connery then Craig, I'm afraid whether his haters like it or not.

Maybe in certain factions of the fan base Roger might be 2nd but the general public and on a whole Craig is now 2nd.

The next guy has got a hell of a up hill struggle, this won't just be the next guy scenario however much Aidan Turner's publicity agent tries to sell it.
    Very sort of retro Italian cool there!

Yes, first thought that came to mind.