No Time to Die production thread

Comments

November is Flu season. Killing half a million every year. So is this The Twillight Zone? Someone pinch me!
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    This is why I'd like Bond to move to a streaming platform.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited March 2020 Posts: 7,518
    Zekidk wrote: »
    November is Flu season. Killing half a million every year. So is this The Twillight Zone? Someone pinch me!

Coronavirus is a bit different than the flu. You can (and should) get a flu shot.

Also, countries don't close movie theatres en masse during flu season.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    I hate to say this, but Disney is being smarter: they’re still releasing Mulan on time, and are only delaying in certain territories.

And that with a film that’s way more dependant on China than NTTD.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Almost every industry will suffer, it seems. I think the world will experience a soft "reboot" when all of this is over.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 7,518
    I hate to say this, but Disney is being smarter: they’re still releasing Mulan on time, and are only delaying in certain territories.

And that with a film that’s way more dependant on China than NTTD.

It would feel a little shitty to be celebrating Bond / pretending everything is fine in some territories, while other territories are facing mass quarantines / closures of theatres.

I'm fine with this decision, and am still anticipating enjoying this Bond film at the same time as all Bond fans around the world!

Besides; if they release the film in Canada ahead of Italy and China, etc., then all the sick people from there are going to come to Canada and watch it here. ;)

This is a satirical comment. Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Thank God for the video game industry. Resident Evil 3 and Final Fantasy 7 remake? Blessed April.
    Thank God for the video game industry. Resident Evil 3 and Final Fantasy 7 remake? Blessed April.

Another compelling argument for the digital release of films, in addition to new video games, etc...
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    I know this won't and probably can't happen, but wouldn't it be amazing if EON, as a little thank you for the fans' patience over the next 7 months, shot a low key short film with Daniel Craig in the role and released it online over the summer. I'm thinking of something like the QoS short story, or 007 in New York. Nothing with action, just Fleming's story on screen, dialogue and good acting etc. Something to soften the blow...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    ertert wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Tuxedo wrote: »
    It‘s just a movie. Health and safety first I say.

I disagree. My movie is more important, especially after a five year wait. I honestly couldn't care less about the virus.

It would not have stopped me from going. As I've said, this virus will still be a problem in November so we have no assurances that the movie won't get delayed again.

Exactly.
    If only they had written "we are thrilled to annonce" again :)
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 3,160

Coronavirus is a bit different than the flu. You can (and should) get a flu shot.

Exactly. There's no panic here even though half a million dies every year.
    So I am not in panic because 3000 -mostly old and weak- have died from this flu in 3 months.

The mass hysteria is unreal.

Releasing NTTD in regular flu season is kind of ironic!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Almost every industry will suffer, it seems. I think the world will experience a soft "reboot" when all of this is over.
    Not "when", but "if"

Maybe it's here to stay. Like herpes!
    Now, watch everything about the plot get leaked.
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    edited March 2020 Posts: 108
    ertert wrote: »
    I feel bad for DC, Rami, Cary, and all but hopefully they're cool with this.

From Deadline: "The decision to move No Time to Die, we hear, was fully supported by everyone involved with the movie."

https://deadline.com/2020/03/no-time-to-die-release-date-moved-coronavirus-mgm-1202873876/

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,247
    I think Eon should do creative trailers, with Craig uttering words that aren't in the script. Like what they usually do before. E.g in GE's teaser trailer where Brosnan walks & shoots letters and they spin & turn to 007, before Brosnan emerges from the Shadows & says 'You were expecting someone else?'. I think stuffs like this should be better, so they don't reveal any more clips before November.

Exactly. There's no panic here even though half a million dies every year.
    So I am not in panic because 3000 -mostly old and weak- have died from this flu in 3 months.

The mass hysteria is unreal.

I think they're taking precautions to nip it in the bud so that it doesn't become as deadly and widespread as the flu, without the added bonus of not having an inoculation for it... the point is to make it not get worse, not to think that it's as bad as it's going to be now.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

With that logic, I’d love to see a new Bond video game, right bloody now.
    Provided that Daniel Craig is willing to step into a recording studio instead of staying home in isolation.

——
    Also, guess which movie now moved forward and took NTTD’s original release date of April 10th?

Trolls 2. Yes, exactly.
    “We are thrilled to announce that we bent the knee to MI6-HQ”
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 309
    I think people are missing the forrest for the trees. I’m sure EON/MGM/Uni would have kept the April date had whole countries not shut down theaters and public gatherings. Even the UK is on high alert and considering restricting mass events. Conventions aren’t global events that require worldwide attendance for financial success. This makes sense. It sucks but let’s support their smart and conscientious decision.
    Is there still a possibility that, if the coronavirus will be contained in some time, they're going to change their plans and anticipate the release - or is just one hope we all fans have? :D
    I'm sure no one is in the mood, but a new BTS video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=OsprmjHYHHU&feature=emb_logo
    Burgess wrote: »
    I think people are missing the forrest for the trees. I’m sure EON/MGM/Uni would have kept the April date had whole countries not shut down theaters and public gatherings. Even the UK is on high alert and considering restricting mass events. Conventions aren’t global events that require worldwide attendance for financial success. This makes sense. It sucks but let’s support their smart and conscientious decision.

A sound mind, finally.
  • PS it will be the death of him!
  • Is this a tactical move to improve the film?
    It was a smart business decision. It now gives Eon plenty of time to gauge the knock-on effect of this virus and if a further delay is needed in November. I understand people's frustration but there's zero point in releasing a big-budget movie to empty cinemas across the globe. After all, Eon didn't make this movie for a small select audience of die-hard Bond fans that would weather any catastrophe to go see it, nor did they make it to under-perform at the global box office. Of course it's sad, but look on the bright side... it still gives you something to look forward to this winter.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I wonder if we’re going to keep all of those locked threads at the top of the forum for the next seven months...?
  • I'd rather risk getting the virus and seeing the film tbh. Who says things will be any better in November. How ironic. Original release Nov 19 then back to square one a year later. I guess April just ain't a good month for Bond.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 3,160
    So it's not about money, since the biggest market is the Internet, and they have no intend of releasing it through Amazon, Netflix etc? What happens if there's even more panic in November?

This just in, btw: Trump has postponed the US Election this year indefinitely, because of "the biggest virus ever."
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited March 2020 Posts: 16,328
    I wonder if it will end up being leaked online like Expendables III was a few years back.
    So it's not about money, since the biggest market is the Internet, and they have no intend of releasing it through Amazon, Netflix etc? What happens if there's even more panic in November?

You’ll be watching it at home I guarantee it.
    It’s not all up to Eon. MGM and Universal will just cut their losses and sell it.