No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited February 2020 Posts: 2,507
    I think if Bond dies then Nomi, Madeline and Safin/Blofled survive, that would be a terribly anticlimactic ending of Daniel's arc as Bond.
    Regardless of whether it's a heroic act or not, the idea of watching Bond die on screen doesn't sit right with me. There should always be that feeling that Bond will be there when the world needs him.

I think if they have to go this way then leave it open ended, leave a hint that Bond got away and could return. Then recast and reboot with Bond 26.
    I do hope they don't leave the film with Bond being either dead or hinted at Bond being dead, then have Nomi driving away or in M's office as if she has replaced him because that would be a terrible ending. If you hint at him being dead, pull a Majesty's and end on a sombre fade out, don't go for a cheesy ending with everyone mourning him

I'd give anything for this film to end with Bond and Paloma in an orange dingy floating off into the sunset
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    All villains expect James Bond to die. Goldfinger said it first:

JB: "Do you expect me to talk?"
    AG: "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die"

(just my comment to say that we will never see Bond dying for good in the entire lifetime of this series)
  • Jordo007 wrote: »
    I'd give anything for this film to end with Bond and Paloma in an orange dinky floating off into the sunset

That would be great especially because I don't think the film ends with Bond and Madeline ending up together. If they do, then "her secret will the death of him" will have apparently carried no weight.

I truly think Bond doesn't survive this film though and Bond 26 will be another reboot. Hopefully a soft one like Goldeneye and hopefully not another origin story.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I'd give anything for this film to end with Bond and Paloma in an orange dinky floating off into the sunset
    I’d rather he ends up with Madeline: I don’t know anything about Paloma.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    I think B26 will be a soft-reboot like you mention, with a younger Bond and maybe a new MI6 team, and no connection whatsover to Craig's run.
    And where does the rumour that one of the reasons that Danny Boyle left was because
    he wanted to kill Bond at the end of the film
    fit in? Just not true?

We don't know (yet), but Boyle seems the more likely candidate to suggest such an idea. While it makes sense story wise and it would be an absolute emotional closure of the Craig era, I don't think the producers would want to end the film that way.
    Craig himself might've enjoyed the thought, but I don't think they'd let him.

At the time (in August 2017) I heard the rumors the other way round:
    Broccoli and Craig wanted Bond to die, but Boyle did not want to do that. And so they split up.
  • Denbigh wrote: »
    I think B26 will be a soft-reboot like you mention, with a younger Bond and maybe a new MI6 team, and no connection whatsover to Craig's run.

Except Ralph Fiennes as M.

C'mon we need some connection. ;)
    Still don't like it. Think this film looks too bombastic and American. Missing Mendes' class.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered! Is this expected to be like the past few books of Craig’s tenure? Like the one from Rankin?

There may be a separate one that's closer to the Bond on Set and Rankin ones coming. This is the first more traditional making of volume with concept art etc since TND apparently
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Maybe something like Madeleine in a restaurant/bar alone, looking moody....coz she thinks Bond is dead. Then she hears Bond's Voice behind her saying 'Vodka Martini, Shaken, Not Stirred'. Then the Bond theme kicks in & her pupils dilate....before the end credits roll. Something like this could work.
    mtm wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I’d rather he ends up with Madeline: I don’t know anything about Paloma.

Yeah I know what you mean mate, but what we know about Madeline, her character was somewhat boring or plain. Although I am more interested about what they do next with her character in No Time To Die.
    Paloma has shown almost as much personality in the trailer for NTTD than Madeline in all of Spectre.
    This is no reflection on Lea Seydoux though she is a wonderful actress, but the character of Dr Swann was severely under written. That's one of my big bugbear's with Spectre was Bond gave up everything for her. I do hope and believe NTTD will give Lea more to do with Madeline and show us why Bond fell for her

Sorry to derail the thread, just the idea of Bond dying and Nomi taking over fills me with dread for what looks like a fantastic film in prospect
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Maybe something like Madeleine in a restaurant/bar alone, looking moody....coz she thinks Bond is dead. Then she hears Bond's Voice behind her saying 'Vodka Martini, Shaken, Not Stirred'. Then the Bond theme kicks in & her pupils dilate....before the end credits roll. Something like this could work.
    Mmm I dunno, feels too TDKR. It's hard to say cause Spectre did the ending you'd expect so it's gonna be interesting what they do. Maybe they could try and cap it off with another "Bond, James Bond" like they did with CR. It would a very emotional line for fans to deliver one last time at the end of the movie. Plus, do we want the last time he said to be to an MI6 employee?

Like the end of the Bourne Ultimatum. I liked that ending.

I imagine Bourne going off to become John Cussack in Grosse Point Blank.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Mmm I dunno, feels too TDKR. It's hard to say cause Spectre did the ending you'd expect so it's gonna be interesting what they do. Maybe they could try and cap it off with another "Bond, James Bond" like they did with CR. It would a very emotional line for fans to deliver one last time at the end of the movie. Plus, do we want the last time he said to be to an MI6 employee?

Yeah, thought about 'The Name's Bond....James Bond ending. But I think that might make CR lose it's identity, like for example there's something every Bond film has that makes even a Non-Bond fan know the film. A Non-Bond fan usually says, the one he killed a spider, the one he stepped on Crocodiles, the one he drove an armoured tank in the streets, etc. But still, Eon needs to find a Satisfying end with Bond alive.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Yeah, thought about 'The Name's Bond....James Bond ending. But I think that might make CR lose it's identity, like for example there's something every Bond film has that makes even a Non-Bond fan know the film. A Non-Bond fan usually says, the one he killed a spider, the one he stepped on Crocodiles, the one he drove an armoured tank in the streets, etc. But still, Eon needs to find a Satisfying end with Bond alive.
    You know I did thin that after i sent the post lol. It's a difficult one, but it's out there. There is an ending out there right now so we'll just have to see. Can't wait :)

Great idea mate
    Something similar to this would be great, reminds me a little bit of that moment in Indiana Jones 3 when they think Indy is dead and then he's behind them climbing back up the mountain

You know I did thin that after i sent the post lol. It's a difficult one, but it's out there. There is an ending out there right now so we'll just have to see. Can't wait :)

:) Yeah, 34 Days to go.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

LeanFloweryAfricangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif
    So pleased we have a totally NEW villain!!! That vlog was amazing!!! Roll on release time!!!! <:-P
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Some great photos on this thread; thanks. B-)
    I'm not reading comments any more, really - I don't want spoilers for the film.

Here's this:

LeanFloweryAfricangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

:)) Exactly how Cary, Craig, Barbara & Michael would dance when NTTD makes 1billion.
    I can't believe we're just over month away from the new Bond film. Can't wait
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Really happy about the book, love an old fashioned making of. This will be the first one since TWINE, wasn't a huge fan of the photo based ones if I'm honest.
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    So...I’m really not honking they will
    So Bond dying, or hang a question mark over if he survives some terrible thing.

It’s gonna end on a note. I can just feel it.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    My feelings on the ending:

Bond's "death" is assumed. That could be an explosion, a collapse, whatever.

Cut to: A scene with Moneypenny receiving the Royal Doulton.

Cut to: Madeleine at the rocky beach, which is lit to look like a dream...

Madeleine, swimming, sees Bond approaching. She smiles.

200214-no-time-to-die-madeleine-swann-swimming-italy-472.jpg

200214-no-time-to-die-james-bond-sea-swimming-italy-472.jpg

200214-no-time-to-die-james-bond-sunglasses-italy-472.jpg

Madeleine: I didn't think you'd join me. I didn't think you'd have the time.

Bond: We have all the time in the world.

Bond tosses his sunglasses aside and dives into the water.

Fade out.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    It may not be sunshine and roses, but I do not think they will give Daniel a somber exit.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    It's a punt for sure and you could be onto something there purely on the basis that when I saw that shot of topless Bond in the trailer it kind of looked 'fake' somehow as if he wasn't actually there.
    TripAces wrote: »
    My feelings on the ending:

Bond's "death" is assumed. That could be an explosion, a collapse, whatever.

Cut to: A scene with Moneypenny receiving the Royal Doulton.

Cut to: Madeleine at the rocky beach, which is lit to look like a dream...

Madeleine, swimming, sees Bond approaching. She smiles.

200214-no-time-to-die-madeleine-swann-swimming-italy-472.jpg

200214-no-time-to-die-james-bond-sea-swimming-italy-472.jpg

200214-no-time-to-die-james-bond-sunglasses-italy-472.jpg

Madeleine: I didn't think you'd join me. I didn't think you'd have the time.

Bond: We have all the time in the world.

Bond tosses his sunglasses aside and dives into the water.

Fade out.

Good thinking! I'm hopeful it will sort of go in this direction but with a darker twist a la YOLT novel.
    Bond has begun anew with Madeleine after suffering from amnesia. He is thought to be dead everywhere else in the world. Madeleine is thrilled to have this chance at a fresh start, but something Bond hears or sees triggers his memory about his past life as a spy. He resolves to go out and explore whatever this thing is, and it's ambiguous if he will make it back to England / the service.