No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Nothing about this production has been just 'thrown together.' They've gone all-out in every department on this one. The latest BTS clip shows this!
    Not the story. The most important part of the film.
    We don't know the story.

We do we all have been talking about it. So has the insiders. Cary even said things were chaotic on set.
    But that doesn't mean anything. As fans we only know bits and pieces so they're gonna seem "thrown together" because we haven't seen the full context.

If you haven't read the whole book, you don't know the whole story.
    Respect for the gun barrel...........................I'm there!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Don't get fooled by the action folks at least I'm still very hesitant. Dr.no being more powerful then what should be Blofeld doesn't sit well either.

I agree with you; I don't love that they're usurping Spectre after just one film with the organization. I may be in the minority, but I like the idea that Spectre / Blofeld are more or less always the ones pulling the strings behind the scenes.

I do think they mishandled Spectre / Blofeld in a big way in Spectre, but I don't think the appropriate response is just to throw them in the bin. Reposition them, refocus their motives.

Maybe just me though, I love the archvillain dynamic.

+2
    More powerful than SPECTRE...................... until it turns out Blofeld is behind it. (fan theory, nothing more)
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    The fact that this film is surely going to be better than SP is a huge plus....before I even start thinking about it's narrative. Plus, I can't remember the Bond franchise getting it wrong twice....consecutively.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    The fact that this film is surely going to be better than SP is a huge plus....before I even start thinking about it's narrative. Plus, I can't remember the Bond franchise getting it wrong twice....consecutively.
    If this film is a gem it will just confirm the odd number Craig-era theory haha :D
    Although I have yet to see this new film................I'm hoping Cary comes back to usher in the next Bond actor.
    This is looking good.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Although I have yet to see this new film................I'm hoping Cary comes back to usher in the next Bond actor.
    This is looking good.

Yes, I'm hoping for the same.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Univex wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    This is looking good.

Yes, I'm hoping for the same.
    1000%
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Nothing about this production has been just 'thrown together.' They've gone all-out in every department on this one. The latest BTS clip shows this!
    We don't know the story.

We do we all have been talking about it. So has the insiders. Cary even said things were chaotic on set.
    But that doesn't mean anything. As fans we only know bits and pieces so they're gonna seem "thrown together" because we haven't seen the full context.

I think we do know the whole story.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    We don't know the story.

Please do tell us the whole story. Spoiler tags, if you don't mind.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,247
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    If this film is a gem it will just confirm the odd number Craig-era theory haha :D

:D Exactly, the recent problem has always been whether the incoming film would be in tune with the previous one, not necessarily top it. I feel this might be the first time Eon felt extra pressure & needed to top a previous Bond film, which is SP, Coz after SP's mistakes....no matter how many trailers are released for NTTD, fans will still have their reservations, coz SP's trailers were awesome. I remember my friend telling me my James Bond & his producers have serious work to do...immediately after we watched Fallout. There have been Mission Impossible films in the past....but to be honest, no one threatened Bond like Fallout in every department....even Score-wise as well. Maybe that's why Eon ended up picking a Young, Dynamic Director like Fukunaga to go all out with this film.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    delfloria wrote: »
    More powerful than SPECTRE...................... until it turns out Blofeld is behind it. (fan theory, nothing more)

I certainly hope so!
  • Has anyone else picked up on the fact that we all referred to Martin Campbell as "Campbell," Marc Forster as "Forster," and Sam Mendes as "Mendes" on this forum but we always refer to Cary as Cary? I think there's just something about this guy that puts people at ease, almost as if we know him. He seems very cool, a trait that I hope makes its way into the film with its style.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126
    We don't know the story.

I think you know it also why don't you I'm supposed to get off and take a break sorry. Have fun I already said its basically sjw pc left wing communist propaganda so that's all they need to know. Do we need another Soviet video? I don't think we want more migraines or maybe the point hasn't come across.
    We don't know the story.

I think you know it also why don't you I'm supposed to get off and take a break sorry. Have fun I already said its basically sjw pc left wing communist propaganda so that's all they need to know.

I have no idea what the story is. Are there any bits taken from the Fleming novels?
    Maybe the best response here is not responding at all.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Can't wait to see this scene, this is where bond was shooting at the end of trailer and the opening of BTS. If bond and saffin both are in that tunnel, there is something definitely big going down there.
    txNYpCz_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS1RDDo5wzeWmiTSWb-TqA2AoubTFZ2ejPTqir08S2Fjj432IwC
    We don't know the story.

I think you know it also why don't you I'm supposed to get off and take a break sorry. Have fun I already said its basically sjw pc left wing communist propaganda so that's all they need to know. Do we need another Soviet video? I don't think we want more migraines or maybe the point hasn't come across.

Oy vey.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I couldn't be happier the fact that Boyle exited and Cary got bought on is the biggest plus of the whole thing.

This guy gets it with a capital B, this just looks thrilling, tense and emotional. Also having DC go out on a saving the world style entry but with other layers is just the best.

This is the one to give CR a run for its money.

I think it will only be the Fleming element that would make it still remain no. 1 of the era as the cinematography, the set pieces just whole package makes me think it will really be nipping at CR's heels and in some cases surpassing it.

Might sound like hyperbole but I'm getting that vibe.

Yet despite someone claiming it we still don't know the full picture where the plot and story are concerned, merely broad strokes and large dollop of a assumption.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 8,034
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I couldn't be happier the fact that Boyle exited and Cary got bought on is the biggest plus of the whole thing.

This guy gets it with a capital B, this just looks thrilling, tense and emotional. Also having DC go out on a saving the world style entry but with other layers is just the best.

This is the one to give CR a run for its money.

I think it will only be the Fleming element that would make it still remain no. 1 of the era as the cinematography, the set pieces just whole package makes me think it will really be nipping at CR's heels and in some cases surpassing it.

Might sound like hyperbole but I'm getting that vibe.

Yet despite someone claiming it we still don't know the full picture where the plot and story are concerned, merely broad strokes and large dollop of a assumption.

Absolutely. Hearing Fukanaga talk about has only heightened my excited senses. I was very disappointed with the teaser poster, reasonably happy with the trailer, very happy with the few TV spots and the new posters, and now this video has left me quite ecstatic. An upward trend of excitement. Hopefully it continues for the next four weeks!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @Resurrection I think those shots in the tunnel with Malek are promo shots. They look to clean and lit to be from the movie I think.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,526
    About this pipe-shot that looks like the gunbarrel, it would have been awesome if they took this route in Spectre, where Bond shoots at the glass in front of Blofeld. Then the glass-shot-Spectre-logo thing could have been up front... and then maybe Blofeld with his scar approaches the glass and the first we see of him is his reflection, enlarged over the smaller image of Bond in the background... might have been cool.

Along with this imagery, "I've been expecting you..." The things they could have done with this film make it feel like such a missed opportunity. I want to remake Spectre the way I feel it could have been. :P
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Interesting, there were 3 shots of him in the tunnel, still think that he will be in there in the movie as well not just for promo shots.
    txNYpCz_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    g2Y12Ae_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    8m89NAe_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • RyanRyan Canada
    I hate to say it because we've had enough speculation... but those tunnels do remind me of the water tunnels that Bond crawls through in Dr. No.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    All this just looks cool as hell. Cannot wait. 37 days.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    We don't know the story.

I think you know it also why don't you I'm supposed to get off and take a break sorry. Have fun I already said its basically sjw pc left wing communist propaganda so that's all they need to know.

I have no idea what the story is. Are there any bits taken from the Fleming novels?

I believe that is the start of the TMWTGG novel.
    We don't know the story.

I believe that is the start of the TMWTGG novel.

A brainwashed Bond trying to shoot M?
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    That behind the scenes teaser has got me more excited than the actual trailer.
    I'm really excited about this film, the intrigue they've kept up through the production has been amazing, I can't wait to see it, and unpack all these secrets

Aside from the great shots of Bond booting the door open and him ripping off his tie (like Bond saying "right let's have it"), the best part of that teaser for me was Cary's narration, he could be a fantastic poker player and if so he has me fooled.
    I feel like Cary really gets Bond and knows what going to see James Bond film is like, which fills me with tons of confidence and puts me at ease. We're in safe hands
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Just thought I'd make some gifs :)
    ezgif-5-ec391b9af2d2.gif
    ezgif-5-53876a4ee725.gif
    ezgif-5-ec23ca840699.gif
    ezgif-5-17ae9f01cf73.gif
    ezgif-5-f0dadd40f233.gif
    ezgif-5-5df91be0f5fe.gif
    ezgif-5-0d20012764d1.gif
    ezgif-5-23e6e3ee5f70.gif