No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• cwl007cwl007 England
    Brilliant. The 3 stand outs for me;
    1, The respect Fukunaga clearly has for the gun barrel. It will be there, I don't even care at this stage whether it's a new one or not, it's included is good enough.
    2, the shot of Bond ripping his tie off, cool shot and allows us to make a little more chronological sense of the Matera sequence (it helps me anyway)
    3, the bullet casings leaving the side of the DB5. Absolutely not needed, answers a question about the machine guns no one has ever asked and that's what makes it so bloody brilliant. What a fantastic visual, shows an attention to detail and just adds to the feeling that our new Bond film is in good hands.
    NTTD is just looking better and better, I can hardly wait.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I think Cary's comments re: gunbarrel are a strong indicator that it will indeed be the very first thing we see in the film.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Could quite happily do without a second trailer if they keep releasing BTS featurettes!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    I think Cary's comments re: gunbarrel are a strong indicator that it will indeed be the very first thing we see in the film.
    +1

I just hope we get the iris opening on the first shot.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    FYI: Vlog also on 007's Youtube
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    Hope Fukunaga kept some of the slow mo of this featurette, really classy...

• RyanRyan Canada

And I would expect it will also be accompanied by the classic guitar riff played Johnny Marr.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ryan wrote: »

And I would expect it will also be accompanied by the classic guitar riff played Johnny Marr.

I really hope so.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126
    Don't get fooled by the action folks at least I'm still very hesitant. Dr.no being more powerful then what should be Blofeld doesn't sit well either.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    https://imgur.com/gallery/9b4cgLi

Screencaps from the BTS video.

I really hope so.

Same here. The instrumental of the Eilish song would indicate that Marr will be doing a lot of guitar work in the film. I hope that comes to fruition.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

From these shots its interesting to see dr. No in the tunnel after Bond fires.
  • RyanRyan Canada

I really hope so.

Same here. The instrumental of the Eilish song would indicate that Marr will be doing a lot of guitar work in the film. I hope that comes to fruition.
    Marr himself noted a preference for the early Barry scores with lots of guitar when he was interviewed at the awards, so I think he has big plans.

I really hope so.

Marr himself noted a preference for the early Barry scores with lots of guitar when he was interviewed at the awards, so I think he has big plans.

I've had that interview bookmarked since last week and I still haven't gotten round to it. I shall rectify that, pronto.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »

From these shots its interesting to see dr. No in the tunnel after Bond fires.
    Well again we don't know he's Dr. No yet, despite what anyone says, and the shots of Malek in this are more like promo shots than actual scenes, so we'll see.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,526
    Don't get fooled by the action folks at least I'm still very hesitant. Dr.no being more powerful then what should be Blofeld doesn't sit well either.

I agree with you; I don't love that they're usurping Spectre after just one film with the organization. I may be in the minority, but I like the idea that Spectre / Blofeld are more or less always the ones pulling the strings behind the scenes.

I do think they mishandled Spectre / Blofeld in a big way in Spectre, but I don't think the appropriate response is just to throw them in the bin. Reposition them, refocus their motives.

Maybe just me though, I love the archvillain dynamic.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    165 minutes runtime in German Cineplex theatres, 3D and 4D!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    NTTD comes up on Cineplex.com (I'm in Vancouver BC CA) but no runtime, unable to purchase tickets. Previously it listed a runtime of 1h50m which seems to be confirmed incorrect at this point (and it's no longer listed).
  • Interesting that Cary refers to Bond and "his place as a double-o." Does that indicate that he is still a double-o at the start of this film? Or is that behind him? Time will tell!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Interesting that Cary refers to Bond and "his place as a double-o." Does that indicate that he is still a double-o at the start of this film? Or is that behind him? Time will tell!
    I caught that as well.
  • KincadeKincade Welcome to Scotland
    Hi all, I've been a fan of this site for a long time (and of all things Bond since the 70s). I work at a cinema and we are still awaiting confirmation of the length of NTTD, the most recent info from Universal was this morning and stated that the "running time is between 2:45-3:00hrs but still TBC. We are expecting the official time imminently."

I agree with you; I don't love that they're usurping Spectre after just one film with the organization. I may be in the minority, but I like the idea that Spectre / Blofeld are more or less always the ones pulling the strings behind the scenes.

I do think they mishandled Spectre / Blofeld in a big way in Spectre, but I don't think the appropriate response is just to throw them in the bin. Reposition them, refocus their motives.

Maybe just me though, I love the archvillain dynamic.

Its lazy I feel they are just throwing this one together for people when they should have moved on.
    Interesting that Cary refers to Bond and "his place as a double-o." Does that indicate that he is still a double-o at the start of this film? Or is that behind him? Time will tell!

Makes things very confusing for sure. The action will be great but it doesn't make up for lazy thrown together drawn out storytelling.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    You'll just have to wait and see @007Blofeld, hopefully your judgement hasn't been clouded.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    You'll just have to wait and see @007Blofeld, hopefully your judgement hasn't been clouded.

It appears it has for now something really drastic needs to happen to change that and so far I'm not seeing it @Denbigh
  • Nothing about this production has been just 'thrown together.' They've gone all-out in every department on this one. The latest BTS clip shows this!
    Nothing about this production has been just 'thrown together.' They've gone all-out in every department on this one. The latest BTS clip shows this!

Not the story. The most important part of the film.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Nothing about this production has been just 'thrown together.' They've gone all-out in every department on this one. The latest BTS clip shows this!
    We don't know the story.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,554

I knew all along, having obsessed over True Detective a few years ago, that CJF would do this right. I am not surprised...and more excited than ever.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    We don't know the story.

We do we all have been talking about it. So has the insiders. Cary even said things were chaotic on set.

Of which we know nothing about.

But having this man (Cary) writing it, is a big plus in my book.