No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited February 2020 Posts: 4,400

PWB was on the radio discussing her new book and NTTD. I do hope that they get her on the marketing trailer when they start hyping this film next month. I can't find the audio or a video, but an article below from The Independent:

Phoebe Waller-Bridge has revealed she’d been dreaming about writing a Bond film months before she was asked to work on No Time to Die.

The Fleabag star was interviewed by Chris Evans on his Virgin Radio breakfast show where she explained she’d been thinking about the opportunity when producer Barbara Broccoli asked to meet her for a coffee.

“I was in the edit for Fleabag,” she said. “It was an afternoon, and I had the call that Barbara wanted to meet me. The strangest thing is, is that I’d really... I had been sort of dreaming about the idea of it only a few months beforehand. I was like, ‘Oh, wouldn’t it be cool to be involved in a Bond film’ to sort of just put that there in the ether. And then it just came around.”

Waller-Bridge also elaborated on the process of sprucing up the screenplay after it had been completed.

“[I was asked to do] dialogue polishes and to offer things really,” she said, adding: “It’s about just offering different alternatives.”

She continued: “They did give me some scenes and then be like, can you write some alternatives for this or have another idea about where it could go in the middle or how it would end. And then I would just give them options and various scenes and then they would take what they want. But there was a lot people writing – the director [Cary Fukunaga] was a writer on it as well. And there’d been a few writers before.

“You know, Daniel [Craig] is really, really involved from the beginning. [I had] so many great conversations with him about it, constantly in touch with him about it. So it’s a big sort of melting pot of everybody’s ideas the whole time.

She also apparently said she was going to wear a tuxedo to the premiere. Didn't Baz confirm that she was asked to write Bond 26 already?

Also, Naomie Harris was in Milan filming a NTTD advert yesterday for Michael Kors

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8036273/Naomie-Harris-looks-sensational-green-shorts-suit-shoots-commercial-Milan.html

25102896-8036273-image-m-134_1582506940909.jpg
    Am interested in PWB writing a whole Bond film.

Amazing!!! “Smarter and stronger than Spectre.” There’s our confirmation Safin is indeed an independent villain!
  • MarcFC007MarcFC007 London
    Wow. Impressive footage. SPECTRE gunbarrel footage though, hmmm, I hope they've filmed a new one for NT2D
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    That shot of Craig pulling off his tie is awesome.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2020 Posts: 2,630
    MarcFC007 wrote: »
    Wow. Impressive footage. SPECTRE gunbarrel footage though, hmmm, I hope they've filmed a new one for NT2D

I pretty sure they already filmed a new gunbarrel. Just wouldn't debut it on a behind the scenes video though.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    uhhhhh dumbfounded!!!!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    That was absolutely incredible. This is definitely looking like a great James Bond film.

@MarcFC15 They'll probably keep that secret till the actual film.
  • MarcFC007MarcFC007 London
    Denbigh wrote: »
    That was absolutely incredible. This is definitely looking like a great James Bond film.

@MarcFC15 They'll probably keep that secret till the actual film.

Hope so, I prefer to see that for the first time on the big screen
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,975
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Wow is right!
    As far as the length of the film, Cary’s season of True Detective was for all intents and purposes an 8 hour movie in which not a minute was wasted ; even in the slower parts.it was incredibly gripping and never dragged. If he needs 2:43 minutes to tell Daniel’s final chapter, so be it ; I have no fear of the film being too long. It can’t arrive quickly enough.
    The action looks so good. Intense as hell.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    For the Craig fans: when he rips off his tie... Goose. Bumps. Bring this film on now!!!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think this video alone made me attracted to Cary Fukunaga haha but it might be because he's talking to me about james Bond haha :)

and anyway, I do think this confirms the placement of the gunbarrel in some way, it'd be weird if after this video, we didn't open with the classic gunbarrel.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    peter wrote: »
    For the Craig fans: when he rips off his tie... Goose. Bumps. Bring this film on now!!!

No other Bond actor could fight as convincingly as Daniel; he really brings it and moves savagely but smooth as silk. I’m really looking forward to this fight scene.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I still have my misgivings, but that bike jump is impressive.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    talos7 wrote: »

No other Bond actor could fight as convincingly as Daniel; he really brings it and moves savagely but smooth as silk. I’m really looking forward to this fight scene.

damn right, @talos7 ... Very convincing as a fighter (he's definitely thrown some mitts in his day); you nailed it with savagery and silk.

I'm like a giddy kid right now.
    MarcFC007 wrote: »

I pretty sure they already filmed a new gunbarrel. Just wouldn't debut it on a behind the scenes video though.

Barbara confirmed that they have in a set visit interview, during the last week of shooting.

That featurette is amazing!!
  • James_StJohnSmytheJames_StJohnSmythe Twitter: @J_StJS /// https://www.instagram.com/james_st_john_smythe/
    Hans Zimmer music in the background?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Best behind the scenes vlog ever released by far.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    jake24 wrote: »
    Best behind the scenes vlog ever released by far.
    My thoughts exactly @jake24. No other bts touches this.

Also the way Cary talks about the franchise and this film knowing he's been a writer on this just makes me even more excited - if that was possible.
    Wow! This is looking good, folks.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Wow! This is looking good, folks.

Agreed - very good. Glad to see the positivity!
    Hans Zimmer music in the background?

No, it's library trailer music. In the first half it's actually from Avengers Infinity War

If ever there was a visual metaphor for the attitude behind this film, that moment is it.

Bond: Screw it, I'm all in. Lets go for it.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    When Bond kicks the Door open, it reminds me of CR's Construction site Chase....only this time it's the reverse....the Door leads Bond outside.
  • peterpeter Toronto

If ever there was a visual metaphor for the attitude behind this film, that moment is it.

Bond: Screw it, I'm all in. Lets go for it.

Exactly!!!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Nearly a month away and we still know hardly anything. Good job marketing team :)
    That was amazing. How can anyone not be excited NTTD?