No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited June 2019 Posts: 17,241
    New James Bond airplane at Kvernberget
    A large private airplane landed on Kvernberget Thursday afternoon, but no James Bond to see.

KP0nLUQ.jpg

Another paywall article by one of the local newspapers, Tidens Krav.
    https://www.tk.no/nyheter/kristiansund/fly/nytt-james-bond-fly-pa-kvernberget/s/5-51-656018

FILMTEAM ON THE ATLANTIC ROAD: It was a long day for the film folks Thursday - a day that also offered reckless driving up the Storseisundet Bridge.

Romsdals Budstikke with an interview with Truenorth’s Per Henry Borch (also behind a paywall)
    https://www.rbnett.no/nyheter/2019/06/06/En-Bond-film-verdig-19209559.ece
    If DC is still on crutches that is not good news. Cary and EON and DC must be tearing their hair out.
    On crutches but actively being part of filming for short periods, at Pinewood. They'll make it work. They always do.
    Getafix wrote: »
    If DC is still on crutches that is not good news. Cary and EON and DC must be tearing their hair out.

Yeah, I'd imagine there have been a few extra pots of coffee on lately. . .
    I think Craig is just getting too old each film the I injuries seem to be more debilitating
    They've been debilitating every single time and we knew about them and it all carried on just as it is right now. They're champions at this. Dan will be fine. He's filming right now. Well, not right now, cause it's in the evening. Besides, those crutches will be a good thing for his biceps and shoulders. lol, keep the positive spirit up, lads.
    At 21.20 Thursday evening, the «James Bond» shoot with working title «Bond 25» on the Atlantic Road ended, informs line producer Per Henry Borch from the production company Truenorth to Dagbladet.

– We have had some fantastic days of filming, and everyone is very excited about what we have been able to film. We would like to take this opportunity to thank the county municipalty, Averøy municipality and Eide municipality, as well as residents for lending us the Atlantic Road. The Norwegian and English film team have been very well received. Everyone looks forward to showing the final result when the film premieres in April 2020, Borch writes in a text message.

2884.jpg?width=640&height=426.71999999999997&x=0&y=0&cw=100&ch=100&digest=1efba6b2c4910b8cada506e339023bb53a9811e9b71a13fdefe8aa681ece954c

https://www.dagbladet.no/studio/nyhetsstudio/5?post=13863

From TV2 (more or less the same as what Dagbladet writes)
    The James Bond crew: – We’ve had fantastic days
    https://www.tv2.no/a/10653787/
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    So, it’s probably safe to assume this is definitely for Bond 25 and not an homage in Black Widow.
    So is it safe to assume then this will probably be a point A to point B kind of deal rather than a car chase?
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    At 21.20 Thursday evening, the «James Bond» shoot with working title «Bond 25» on the Atlantic Road ended, informs line producer Per Henry Borch from the production company Truenorth to Dagbladet.

– We have had some fantastic days of filming, and everyone is very excited about what we have been able to film. We would like to take this opportunity to thank the county municipalty, Averøy municipality and Eide municipality, as well as residents for lending us the Atlantic Road. The Norwegian and English film team have been very well received. Everyone looks forward to showing the final result when the film premieres in April 2020, Borch writes in a text message.

2884.jpg?width=640&height=426.71999999999997&x=0&y=0&cw=100&ch=100&digest=1efba6b2c4910b8cada506e339023bb53a9811e9b71a13fdefe8aa681ece954c

Is it the end on Norway shooting or crew is going to another location in Norway?
    FoxRox wrote: »
    So is it safe to assume then this will probably be a point A to point B kind of deal rather than a car chase?

We don't know. They practised overtaking the Aston in a test drive Tuesday, according to Dagbladet, and some of the videos posted yesterday and today shows the cars going quite fast. Of course a point A to point B scene could go at high speed.
    Pavlo wrote: »

Is it the end on Norway shooting or crew is going to another location in Norway?

This is the only quote Dagbladet have posted from Borch, so it might be the complete Norway shoot that's finished, or they might even pick up production at a different location. I still don't think a weeks shoot in March and a few days now in June match the incentives given – at all. The 47 millions (in kroner that is) should only amount to 25% of what the production spends in Norway.
    Don't know how news wothy this is, but here's a new article by Nettavisen:

Norwegian band supposedly in talks about featuring in the new «James Bond» film

The Norwegian Molde band Revolt has been observed in conversations with the crew of the latest «James Bond» film. - Has a new song written with a certain movie in mind, tells the lead singer.

Now, Nettavisen is told that the aspiring Molde band Revolt have been observed meeting the «Bond» crew. Thus, rumours have started of the first Norwegian music feature in a 007 movie since a-ha’s title track «The Living Daylights» in 1987.

– I can neither confirm or deny anything, but we were on a drive outside the Atlantic Road just now, tells lead singer Ulrik Bolsønes to Nettavisen.

Questioned if Bolsønes is aware that there’s supposed to be a film shoot for the new «James Bond» film on the Atlantic Road the same day the band were in the area, he answers cryptically:

– Yes, I know, but I don’t know how much I’m allowed to say.

A little more talkative on the other hand, is the band’s booking agent Siw K. Almås of Gyre record company. She first tells (Nettavisen) that she has not heard anything about the 007 rumours, but nevertheless lifts the veil:

– I don’t really know much about this, but I know they’re releasing a song next Friday that might fit that genre («James Bond»), she says to Nettavisen.

Confronted with the statement by Alms, Bolsønes elaborates more about Revolt’s new song.

– We will release a new song that was recorded at DreamFarm Studios in Surnadalen a few weeks ago. It was written with a certain film in mind, he says secretly.

– Could it be «James Bond»?

– Maybe so, Bolsønes answers laconically.

https://www.nettavisen.no/livsstil/norsk-band-skal-vaere-i-samtaler-om-a-bli-med-i-den-nyeste-james-bond-filmen/3423694470.html
    ________
    From Dagbladet:

«Bond 25»
    The reason why the Bond «actors» have dots on their faces
    Technically the method is called «face replacement».

In a Toyota Land Cruiser a «couple» is seated, with a children’s doll in the backseat. The trio looks like a conjugal family. In the Bond car, an Aston Martin V8 Vantage, a man sits in a green jacket. Most likely everyone are substitutes for the film’s more central actor profiles, Dagbladet are told.

71154930.jpg?imageId=71154930&x=0&y=7.461095890411&cropw=100&croph=80.684931506849&width=980&height=590
    71154986.jpg?imageId=71154986&x=11.163062536528&y=23.488168273444&cropw=37.580362361192&croph=26.205083260298&width=643&height=300

71158367.jpg?imageId=71158367&x=15.515840779854&y=11.327649208283&cropw=52.233956133225&croph=38.124238733252&width=643&height=314

During the film shoot on the Atlantic Road they also used a small and fast vehicle called a multi-camera car. This production tool is central in «replacing» the substitutes on set with real actors at a later time. Equipped with a total of eight cameras, the vehicle films the surroundings at a 360 degree angle.

Back in the studio, the cars used in the production are placed in a green screen room, and the real actors are seated, pretending to be on the Atlantic Road. The film material from the multi-camera car is then added to the green screen walls in the post production, and the illusion that the actors have been at work in Møre and Romsdal is complete.

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/derfor-har-bond-skuespillerne-prikker-i-ansiktet/71154844
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Naomie Harris on instagram:

zc2uoJM.jpg

This photo from late May was for this:

I am just glad that despite DC's injury, filming in one form or another is still taking place.
    The technically the method is called «face replacement».[/i]

They'd better do a better job than in SF, where it looked too fake.
  • tqbtqb
    edited June 2019 Posts: 1,022
    Getafix wrote: »

Pretty much any joint injury surgery will take 6 weeks before any sort of real PT can begin. They’re usually 3 month long recoveries. I’m sure DC has access to good doctors shooting him up with stuff to help him through but I’d imagine they’d wait to film all the real action until he’s healed

The Norwegian Molde band Revolt has been observed in conversations with the crew of the latest «James Bond» film. - Has a new song written with a certain movie in mind, tells the lead singer.

Now, Nettavisen is told that the aspiring Molde band Revolt have been observed meeting the «Bond» crew. Thus, rumours have started of the first Norwegian music feature in a 007 movie since a-ha’s title track «The Living Daylights» in 1987.

– I can neither confirm or deny anything, but we were on a drive outside the Atlantic Road just now, tells lead singer Ulrik Bolsønes to Nettavisen.

Questioned if Bolsønes is aware that there’s supposed to be a film shoot for the new «James Bond» film on the Atlantic Road the same day the band were in the area, he answers cryptically:

A little more talkative on the other hand, is the band’s booking agent Siw K. Almås of Gyre record company. She first tells (Nettavisen) that she has not heard anything about the 007 rumours, but nevertheless lifts the veil:

– I don’t really know much about this, but I know they’re releasing a song next Friday that might fit that genre («James Bond»), she says to Nettavisen.

Confronted with the statement by Alms, Bolsønes elaborates more about Revolt’s new song.

– We will release a new song that was recorded at DreamFarm Studios in Surnadalen a few weeks ago. It was written with a certain film in mind, he says secretly.

https://www.nettavisen.no/livsstil/norsk-band-skal-vaere-i-samtaler-om-a-bli-med-i-den-nyeste-james-bond-filmen/3423694470.html
    ________
    From Dagbladet:

«Bond 25»
    The technically the method is called «face replacement».

In a Toyota Land Cruiser a «couple» is seated, with a children’s doll in the backseat. The trio looks like a conjugal family. In the Bond car, an Aston Martin V8 Vantage, a man sits in a green jacket. Most likely everyone are substitutes for the film’s more central actor profiles, Dagbladet are told.

71154930.jpg?imageId=71154930&x=0&y=7.461095890411&cropw=100&croph=80.684931506849&width=980&height=590
    71154986.jpg?imageId=71154986&x=11.163062536528&y=23.488168273444&cropw=37.580362361192&croph=26.205083260298&width=643&height=300

71158367.jpg?imageId=71158367&x=15.515840779854&y=11.327649208283&cropw=52.233956133225&croph=38.124238733252&width=643&height=314

During the film shoot on the Atlantic Road they also used a small and fast vehicle called a multi-camera car. This production tool is central in «replacing» the substitutes on set with real actors at a later time. Equipped with a total of eight cameras, the vehicle films the surroundings at a 360 degree angle.

Back in the studio, the cars used in the production are placed in a green screen room, and the real actors are seated, pretending to be on the Atlantic Road. The film material from the multi-camera car is then added to the green screen walls in the post production, and the illusion that the actors have been at work in Møre and Romsdal is complete.

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/derfor-har-bond-skuespillerne-prikker-i-ansiktet/71154844

Very interesting. Lends some credence to the notion of the child being part of the scientist's family, one would think. And the fella in the Aston seems undoubtedly to be doubling for Craig, based on that haircut and profile.

It's a shame we haven't seen any of the actors over here though. Makes the sequences a bit "meh" knowing that they've never set a foot in the country.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Very interesting......so the child is on set as well? There is mention to a 'trio'. Also, the woman looks kinda Russian with the headscarf. But there's a good chance that is someone who is doubling for Lea Seydoux. Right?

That guy is Craig in both the beige and black jacket? Can't imagine what other character he is.

Also that beige jacket looks a lot like the one the bloke on The Bond Experience was hinting at in his recent video. I can't be the only one who thinks it's hideous.

Very interesting......so the child is on set as well? There is mention to a 'trio'. Also, the woman looks kinda Russian with the headscarf. But there's a good chance that is someone who is doubling for Lea Seydoux. Right?

That guy is Craig in both the beige and black jacket? Can't imagine what other character he is.

Also that beige jacket looks a lot like the one the bloke on The Bond Experience was hinting at in his recent video. I can't be the only one who thinks it's hideous.

They mention a "children’s doll", nothing more unfortunately.

As for the jacket, it doesn't scream Bond to me either. The only thing I noticed now that you mentioned it, is that the jacket from the Atlantic Road shoot looks greener in colour. Might be the lighting of course.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

________
    From Dagbladet:

«Bond 25»

Interesting - where second unit is going now? Maybe they have finished their overall work on Bond 25.
    Pavlo wrote: »

________
    From Dagbladet:

«Bond 25»

Interesting - where second unit is going now? Maybe they have finished their overall work on Bond 25.

Who knows? Again, the incentives given should suggest a longer shoot than the two little sequences we've seen so far. Maybe the interview by one of the local newspapers with Borch from Truenorth reveals more, but that's behind a paywall.
    _________

Anyone recognise which country this licence plate belongs to?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited June 2019 Posts: 12,459
    Exciting times! Just to say I am loving the photos, while trying NOT to read speculation on what the photos are about. I don't want to leave this thread yet, but I still do not want to know plot and details of what particular photos mean. Tricky. But I find the photos very interesting, so I'll try to keep swooping in here but reading/not reading. ;) Also, Daniel being on crutches is not worrying -they mean he is rehabilitating his injured areas correctly, that's all. I want him to be cautious when not being actually filmed. Not a "cursed" film, though. ha! That always makes me laugh as it is inevitably said (whether about injuries, delays, or anything) about every Bond film in modern era it seems.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited June 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Anyone recognise which country this licence plate belongs to?[/quote]

Switzerland maybe? At least they have two letter code for the canton followed by up to 6 numerical digits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Switzerland
    Contraband wrote: »

Switzerland maybe? At least they have two letter code for the canton followed by up to 6 numerical digits.

Could be, but I don't see a dot behind the canton. Do they have other types as well?

Could be, but I don't see a dot behind the canton. Do they have other types as well?

Don't know yet. Trying to find out as we speak. Scrolling through this one:

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Europe.html

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Zekidk wrote: »
    The technically the method is called «face replacement».[/i]

They'd better do a better job than in SF, where it looked too fake.

The work done on Logan is the gold standard for this type of work.

The face change thing makes things make sense now for me. Hopefully they do a good job with that effect. Hoping Craig is off crutches soon.
    Could the Norway shoot incl. the lake/villa in march be a stand-in for Switzerland? I mean the similarities in general: the nature, cold snowy winter, terrain/roads, etc, and now the potential license plate or did I just insult @Torgeirtrap :-S

Don't know yet. Trying to find out as we speak. Scrolling through this one:

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Europe.html

The red mark after the two first letters looks like the oblates/stickers we used to have on our cars here in Norway (up until 2012), to show that you've paid the annual road traffic insurance tax. Each year had a different colour. The older registration plates didn't feature the blue mark on the left with the Norwegian flag and the "N" - neither does the car pictured above. On the other hand, this car has a six number digit, not five as we have here. The font looks different too.

Oblat.jpeg

Norwegian license plates 1971-2001:
    800px-Norwegian_license_plate_1971-2001.JPG

Current license plates:
    Norwegian_number_plate.jpg
    Could the Norway shoot incl. the lake/villa in march be a stand-in for Switzerland? I mean the similarities in general: the nature, cold snowy winter, terrain/roads, etc, and now the potential license plate or did I just insult @Torgeirtrap :-S

It could be the case of course, but would the Film Institute splash out that amount of incentives if the country is to just double for someplace else? I hope not.