No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified

Damn! That looks good! I love how they’ve highlighted the blue of DC’s eyes.
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal

Really like this poster, but not quite digging the blue letters of the logo.

Denbigh wrote: »
    Great behind the scenes video! This film is gonna be quite something and isn't that the pub from Kingsman??

I think they filmed in a pub around Vauxhall. This pub is around Borough
    Windmill Walk by the looks of it.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited February 2020 Posts: 524
    Mmm, that poster doesn't do much for me, I'm afraid. It doesn't convey the feeling of 'OMG, I need to see this film!'. The IMAX poster made me excited to see Bond in action.
    This doesn't give off any emotional weight, it's not gut-wrenching or shocking or intriguing. They're just staring very intensely.

I do agree that I like that they highlighted the blue in DC's eyes, but even that trick has been done twice now (CR's titles and the back & white version of the SP teaser poster).

I keep waiting for that one last theatrical poster that blows me away, like the IMAX poster did.
    Kings Arms is just near Waterloo, meet some mates there now and again to put the World to rights, lovely pub.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kings+arms+waterloo&client=firefox-b-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwif88PJhePnAhVNQkEAHdUYCIQQ_AUoAnoECBMQBA&biw=1366&bih=632
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

This should have been the teaser poster.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    They heard we didn’t like the official one so stepped up their game aha :D

Love this one!!
  • KopperudKopperud Norway
    Whatever happened to that fan poster competition? Is this the winner?
    Kopperud wrote: »
    Whatever happened to that fan poster competition? Is this the winner?

Nope. Will be announced in March.

And here's the version with the credits..

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Confirms Craig is back as Co-Producer
  • clogan88clogan88 Glasgow
    It doesn’t really blow me away but it’s still pretty cool. It beats DC standing holding a gun, for one thing.
    HMBFF wrote: »

Really like this poster, but not quite digging the blue letters of the logo.

Blue for Craig's eyes. Blue for the logo. Perfect. Think this is cool and rather excellent.

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,247
    Swann is Beginning to rival Vesper as the most popular Bond girl in Craig's era....not better than Vesper, but just as popular as Vesper right now. And they do share mercurial traits....Spectacular Poster!.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Great behind the scenes video! This film is gonna be quite something and isn't that the pub from Kingsman??

I think they filmed in a pub around Vauxhall. This pub is around Borough

More Waterloo really, but only just down the road, yeah.
    As I said over the page, it's here:

Really liking that, yeah! Something fresh and eye-catching- like it a lot.
    I actually quite like it with the white frame that Twitter puts around it: it looks like a cool late 70s-early 80s John Carpenter poster or something! :)

I guess this is the actual final release poster then?

Obviously it looks like he's sitting really low in the car if you think about it too much: but don't! :)
  • I like this one! Much, much better than the teaser poster.
    ERUEdUEXYAE2_yd?format=jpg

UK version the PRs just emailed. Looks like this is our theatrical poster.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Very effective poster. I like it a lot.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 524
    Other interesting points with the full credited poster:
    • Ana de Armas is nowhere to be seen anymore. So is her role incredibly minor or did her agent get a bad deal?
    • de Armas out, Waltz in. He gets a 'with' credit, and Jeffrey Wright retains his. This is the first time a Bond film has two 'with' credits instead of the usual one.
    • Ralph Fiennes retains his 'and ... as M' credit, which is not a surprise to me.
    • The writing credits: "Story by P&W and Cary Fukunaga, Screenplay by P&W, Fukunaga and Phoebe Waller-Bridge". Some (rumoured) script doctors got axed, Scott Z. Burns goes from named during the Jamaica Reveal to totally unnamed in the marketing.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    • Ana de Armas is nowhere to be seen anymore. So is her role incredibly minor or did her agent get a bad deal?
    • de Armas out, Waltz in. He gets a 'with' credit, and Jeffrey Wright retains his. This is the first time a Bond film has two 'with' credits instead of the usual one.
    • Ralph Fiennes retains his 'and ... as M' credit, which is not a surprise to me.
    • The writing credits: "Story by P&W and Cary Fukunaga, Screenplay by P&W, Fukunaga and Phoebe Waller-Bridge". Some (rumoured) script doctors got axed, Scott Z. Burns goes from named during the Jamaica Reveal to totally unnamed in the marketing.
    De Armas' role is basically an extended cameo. Disappointing but not surprising that she didn't make the main billing.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

She hasn't been seen in anything but the Cuban(?) evening scene so far, so I'd guess she's a very minor character.
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    the DHL 007 Vlog

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    That poster sent a chill down my spine when it reminded me there's an epic new Bond film around the corner.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

I believe Ana de Armas' role is only a brief appearance.

Burns is not included because of Writers Guild rules, something about having to have contributed a certain amount to the finished script.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, love the new poster. Smart subtly highlighting Daniel's eyes.
    antovolk wrote: »
    ERUEdUEXYAE2_yd?format=jpg

UK version the PRs just emailed. Looks like this is our theatrical poster.

Very impressive! Has a film noir vibe, and I love the blue of the lettering!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Yeah okay, I'll have all of that, thanks. Very kind of them to offer.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Much like Benerice Marlohe, I've always suspected De Armas' role was minor....but then again, it depends on the role. Sometimes a small role can get so much praise and attention, if it's a scene-stealer.
    mtm wrote: »

She hasn't been seen in anything but the Cuban(?) evening scene so far, so I'd guess she's a very minor character.

At the same time, I'm not expecting Naomie Harris for example to have a large role either, but she is billed.