No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126
    Benny wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    So how does a film that EON makes outside the Bond series, translate to NTTD?

I don't know it's not encouraging though.

Why though? EON have made 24 other Bond films before NTTD, TRS is a film EON have made outside the Bond series. It has no connection to the Bond series.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Absolutely will have no bearing on how good or bad NTTD is.

Yeah your right.

And now you're contradicting yourself.

EDIT -

I'll also add that this has nothing to do with the production of NTTD.
    Yep you're right
    I'm supposed to contradict myself that's what people want.
  • GadgetMan wrote: »
    It's funny how Daniel Craig is set to join Pierce Brosnan....as a former Bond....how time flies.

Tempus fugit. Having said that I've got 3 degrees and had 3 jobs during Craig's era. He's been Bond for quite some time.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    It's funny how Daniel Craig is set to join Pierce Brosnan....as a former Bond....how time flies.

Tempus fugit. Having said that I've got 3 degrees and had 3 jobs during Craig's era. He's been Bond for quite some time.

Yeah, sure...flew very fast...even if it's been sometime.
  • Getafix wrote: »

The producers' apparently lackadaisical approach to the screenplay doesn't bode particularly well. It's a nagging suspicion of mine that EON have a real blind spot when it comes to the quality of writing on their films. Hopefully CJF has injected a bit of discipline on NTTD.

I'm somewhere between you and @Shardlake on this one, I think.

The critiques I'm hearing about The Rhythm Section aren't about the actors, they're higher-order problems that producers would be involved with - tone, script, etc. This suggests that EON might have presided over (or ignored) some poor choices.

On the other hand, the marketing for this one was ultra-minimal, it still suffers from a "google problem" (half the news about it is variations on 'troubled production') and it was dropped into a January release. So maybe EON knew that this one didn't have legs and decided to cut their losses.

Anyway, will it impact NTTD?
    I don't see that it will outwardly - Bond is a totally different machine. Behind the scenes, I hope it sharpens EON's focus . . .
    octofinger wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »

The producers' apparently lackadaisical approach to the screenplay doesn't bode particularly well. It's a nagging suspicion of mine that EON have a real blind spot when it comes to the quality of writing on their films. Hopefully CJF has injected a bit of discipline on NTTD.

I'm somewhere between you and @Shardlake on this one, I think.

The critiques I'm hearing about The Rhythm Section aren't about the actors, they're higher-order problems that producers would be involved with - tone, script, etc. This suggests that EON might have presided over (or ignored) some poor choices.

On the other hand, the marketing for this one was ultra-minimal, it still suffers from a "google problem" (half the news about it is variations on 'troubled production') and it was dropped into a January release. So maybe EON knew that this one didn't have legs and decided to cut their losses.

Anyway, will it impact NTTD?
    I don't see that it will outwardly - Bond is a totally different machine. Behind the scenes, I hope it sharpens EON's focus . . .

Higher up problems hmm interesting we will have to see.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    GadgetMan wrote: »

As someone who grew up with Brosnan as Bond, I was always fascinated with how long Sir Roger was Bond. Never did I think I'd get to live through a near 15 year tenure with a Bond actor. What a ride! I started and finished high school, started and finished post-secondary, and started a family. It's amazing to think of how much life has passed and yet I can still go enjoy one more Daniel Craig Bond adventure this April.
    It is quite scary to think that the new James Bond, whoever that is going to be? Will be atleast a decade younger than me!!!!!! 8-X :))
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 6,665
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    It is quite scary to think that the new James Bond, whoever that is going to be? Will be atleast a decade younger than me!!!!!! 8-X :))

Yes, it is, I feel the same

8-X :-SS
    Talk about time flying.............. Connery was my first Bond.................in Dr. No. Looking forward to NTTD but I'm up for a new take the next go around.
    How old were you guys then?
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 15,785
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Depending on how long the gap is and the age of the next actor, I'm estimating a decade is about right for me as well. That's unless of course, he hasn't been born yet. In that case, he's at least 35 years younger than all of us.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 4,400
    NTTD has a 3 hour runtime and filming took place in New Zealand...

The runtime news is music to my ears. The thought of a three hour Bond film after a five year wait is perfect.

Also, the tragedy aside, Whakaari is stunning

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.newatlas.com%2Fca%2F92%2F5b4ce4774aa48a0653dee0d41fa1%2Fwhite-island-new-zealand.jpg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    But it's being edited and could get longer.

• infoviseinfovise Ireland
    After nearly 5 years with no Bond, I have zero issues with a 3 hour film. I'm getting more and more excited everyday, I have a good feeling Craig will be going out on an all time high :D
    Pretty intense. Ultimately I don’t think the runtime is a sure indication of a film being good or bad, but it is wild to have a 3-hour Bond film on our hands. Let’s hope the big runtime is filled with good stuff! I guess QOS really is the odd one out of this era in the length department!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,185
    I wish Spectre had been 3 hours. There is so much missing in that film, Blofelds backstory, Spectre Masterplan, Bond and Madeline relationship etc.
    Totally okay with NTTD being 3 hours, if they use it right. And i think they will.
    If this rumour is true, i can see now why they hired so many scriptwriters for this, just to make it work.
  • FoxRox wrote: »
    Pretty intense. Ultimately I don’t think the runtime is a sure indication of a film being good or bad, but it is wild to have a 3-hour Bond film on our hands. Let’s hope the big runtime is filled with good stuff! I guess QOS really is the odd one out of this era in the length department!

If true, Crag will have done the 3 longest Bond films as well as the shortest.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    I am all for a three hour Bond film.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,548
    A three hour film is fine by me!!!!
    I like how they say 007 fans and 25th 007 film he isn't even 007. And more woke wonderful exactly what the film needs. Gosh hope this film isn't a disaster for the running time alone.
    If it’s 3 hours then expect

30 minutes in matera
    45 minutes in Jamaica.
    30 minutes in Cuba.
    30-40 minutes in London
    One hour for Norway/Russia

I like how they say 007 fans and 25th 007 film he isn't even 007. And more woke wonderful exactly what the film needs. Gosh hope this film isn't a disaster for the running time alone.

James Bond is 007. Always has been, always will be.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    I personally have the problem with a longer running time, but only on the basis that what we're presented with is good.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 15,785
    I must be the only fan here who isn't sold on the idea of of a three hour Bond film.

I'm afraid it might seem like a pretentious artsy hold over from the Oscar bait Mendes era.
    Then again CJF is s different director altogether with a different style. Maybe it will be a Bond fan's three hour delight?

I do feel NTTD is probably the last time we see a new Bond film on the screen for quite some time, so perhaps the more the merrier?
    TripAces wrote: »

No he isn't its nomi @TripAces
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Only a matter of weeks till we find out.
    I have no problem with a long running time, so long as it's warranted. There's still so much we don't know about NTTD. I'm very much looking forward too it.
    I’m open to it, but I’m not assuming it’ll mean it will be better or worse because of it. I’m pretty excited to know we’re just about two months away from the film, plus a few days!

Avoiding spoilers will be a challenge. I assume we will have two separate threads for spoiler and non-spoiler NTTD impressions when it first hits?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    A Daniel Craig Bond film that’s 3 hours long?! Rejoice!
    TripAces wrote: »

No he isn't its nomi @TripAces

If she is, the number will go back to its rightful owner very quickly. It's not worth concern. Like I said: James Bond is 007.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    2 months :D