No Time to Die production thread

Comments

"Create a unique, eye-catching and undeniably Bond poster. Be inspired by the Daniel Craig films, and celebrate the design legacy of Bond.

5 pieces of work will be chosen, and each Selected Creator will receive £2,000. Additionally, 20 pieces of work will be chosen as Finalists, and each will receive £250."
    https://007.talenthouse.com/i/design-artwork-inspired-by-daniel-craigs-bond-films

Time to upgrade from Paint Shop 8!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,541
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Wow They do listen to fans.

They certainly do.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    "Create a unique, eye-catching and undeniably Bond poster. Be inspired by the Daniel Craig films, and celebrate the design legacy of Bond.

5 pieces of work will be chosen, and each Selected Creator will receive £2,000. Additionally, 20 pieces of work will be chosen as Finalists, and each will receive £250."
    https://007.talenthouse.com/i/design-artwork-inspired-by-daniel-craigs-bond-films

I am no expert or graphic designer but @Zekidk is this a fair price and will they use fan poster in marketing?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

They certainly do.

I am no expert or graphic designer but @Zekidk is this a fair price and will they use fan poster in marketing?

They won’t use them to market the film directly, but the competition as a whole is a nice way to promote the film and engage with the fans, and the prize money seems pretty great to me: to be honest they could probably just’ve done a ‘you get the publicity of us publishing it on our website’ but to give prize money as well is really good of them.
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    duke_togo wrote: »
    There are three leading Bond girls in this one so it's very possible that one of them is a villain.

Or maybe Blofeld is actually a woman turned into a man with the help of Mad Safin's technology. ;)
    Mad is a very cool first name for a Bond villain.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh wait. "Mad" Safin? And "Mad" as in "Maddie" like in "Madeleine" Swann??
    OMG!! They are twins, separated at birth!! Safin and Madeleine are siblings!! What a twist ...

Cue another conspiracy theory about the story going into psycho babble family history, angst, too emotional for Bond, etc. ;)
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 309
    Saw this on Instagram.

The crew shirt lists all the locations in which the film will be set.

Ludovico wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    A few weeks ago I was accused of "hysteria" when merely pointing out that Bond films don't have to be kid-friendly. But what is this Lashana thing then if not hysteria? So far, I've read nothing but really positive comments about Lashana. I don't think anyone here is threatened by her presence. We're wasting our breath on perhaps a member or two--at most.

I think she's going to be amazing. I myself am simply not attracted to her, but that's not a big issue since I'm not attracted to Camille or Paris or Triple-X either. I can still love a character, a performance, a presence. And I'm sure I'll enjoy everything Lashana brings to NTTD. But I don't have to call her a good-looking woman if she isn't in my book.

A colleague of mine went berserk when I told her how I felt about Lashana's looks last Friday. "O . M . G! You're only saying that because she's BLACK!" I'm sorry, what? I think Sissy Spacek is an unattractive woman; I find Shelley Duvall flat-out ugly. So now I don't like my own skin colour either? What does one have to do with the other? Talk about 'hysteria'. Also, my dark-skinned girlfriend had to laugh hard when I told her.

That doesn't mean I cannot respect an actress or appreciate what she brings. But I don't have to resort to "inner beauty" nonsense either. It's showbiz. Looks alone can make a star, even if she or he doesn't have any true acting talent. The opposite is also true; you can be the ugliest person on stage but blow us all away with an amazing performance.

Now, I'm not saying that Lashana is ugly; I just don't find her a very good-looking addition to the realm of Bond girls. That may change, though. Still, don't get angry with me, please. I'm glad she's here and I'm admiring her already. She may end up being one of the best things in NTTD. I've always supported the choice to bring her in. I thought her better than Brie in Captain Marvel, even if Brie is the more attractive one in my book. And this has absolutely nothing to do with skin colour. I've seen lots of '70s flicks with Pam Grier and let me tell you, she a whooole lotta woman; the white girls paled in comparison. (Yeah, pun very much intended.)

But like I said, so far, this forum seems very pleased with Lashana.

From my perspective, I find Lashana attractive sometimes, but less so overall than your average Bond girl. That said, I must stress that: 1)it truly depends of what she wears and how she is presented and 2)as someone said before, she has to look believable as a 00. A manicured supermodel would looks ridiculous as an operative. Yes, Lashana has stronger hips and shoulders, but that's what is expect from a woman in her line of work.

And I'd also add that I find her far more attractive, albeit in an unconventional way, than May Day, Tiffany Case, Way Lin, Christmas Jones, to name just a few.
    Regardless of Lynch´s qualification, why do you say a manicured supermodel would look ridiculous as an operative? If we were talking about special forces stuff, then I would very much agree, but isn´t a 00 supposed to gather intelligence very much? In fact, a manicured supermodel probably would have no problem to get into a lot of places and meet a lot of people ordinary men and women wouldn´t get access to at all.
    If I´m splitting hair say so ;-).

Well, a 00 must also be able to use firearms and carry on assassinations. I find Lashana a more believable looking operative than say Halle Berry.

Halle Berry looks more athletic than Lashana Lynch even now at more than 50 years of age.

halle-berry-in-skintight-workout-gear-10-08-2019-8.jpg

Does she? I can't see her handling a gun. I couldn't in DAD, I can't now.

Of course she does. It's not even debatable.

All right, all right. Still think Lashana looks more like a fighter.
  • SafinDuplessisSafinDuplessis the United Kingdom. Cornwall.
    How big do you think Safin's world wide army will be? Is he a member of Spectre? So many questions about this man. I wish the trailers and posters played up the mystery of who he is more. One of the posters could just simply say "Who is safin?" "Who Is this Man?" "You will meet this man, soon." A missed opportunity, but I think Safin will be remembered well as one of the most interesting characters.
    Burgess wrote: »
    Saw this on Instagram.

Nothing showing up...was the post deleted? What did it say?
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Saw this on Instagram.

Sorry about that. I posted this on my cell. I can’t find the IG post any longer but the shirt listed “Italy, Pinewood, Cuba, Norway, Scotland, Jamaica, Faroes and London.

• MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Nice confirmation of the Faroe Islands involvement, and seems to dispel that Japan rumor.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 3,166
    How big do you think Safin's world wide army will be? Is he a member of Spectre?
    Likely not. All the SPECTRE agents on the dancefloor we see in the trailer
    are being gassed. If not by Safin or his men, then by who?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    mtm wrote: »

They certainly do.

They won’t use them to market the film directly, but the competition as a whole is a nice way to promote the film and engage with the fans, and the prize money seems pretty great to me: to be honest they could probably just’ve done a ‘you get the publicity of us publishing it on our website’ but to give prize money as well is really good of them.

Ah thanks :)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Minion wrote: »
    Nice confirmation of the Faroe Islands involvement, and seems to dispel that Japan rumor.

How? The T-shirt just listed the countries/cities around the world in which they filmed. The T-shirt was given as a present to the members of the location department. Nothing to see here...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2019 Posts: 14,918
    Saw this on Instagram.

Sorry about that. I posted this on my cell. I can’t find the IG post any longer but the shirt listed “Italy, Pinewood, Cuba, Norway, Scotland, Jamaica, Faroes and London.

Cuba would seem a strange one to list alongside Pinewood: they didn’t actually go there did they? Maybe they did and we didn’t know (although I didn’t think any film companies went there).
  • HemanttydHemanttyd India
    Last month it was rumoured that 3 different endings have been shot and one of them is people being gassed on dance floor. Does that mean cuba party scene is at the climax.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Saw this on Instagram.

Cuba would seem a strange one to list alongside Pinewood: they didn’t actually go there did they? Maybe they did and we didn’t know (although I didn’t think any film companies went there).

@mtm US companies are not allowed to work in Cuba incl film production. But it may very well be ok for the rest of the world, like UK.

I know that several music videos has been shot in Havanna, but that may only be latin music videos.

Either way I don't think they been to Cuba at all. Major set-pieces at Pinewood and the rest shot in Jamaica. Remember they had a big mural with R. Castro & co built at the dock with the fishing boat (later blown up at sea) in Port Antonio.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »
    Saw this on Instagram.

@mtm US companies are not allowed to work in Cuba incl film production. But it may very well be ok for the rest of the world, like UK.

I know that several music videos has been shot in Havanna, but that may only be latin music videos.

Either way I don't think they been to Cuba at all. Major set-pieces at Pinewood and the rest shot in Jamaica. Remember they had a big mural with R. Castro & co built at the dock with the fishing boat (later blown up at sea) in Port Antonio.

Yeah after all the work recreating it it would seem odd to go there as well. Seems a strange one to list if they didn’t.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 5,767
    OMG!! They are twins, separated at birth!! Safin and Madeleine are siblings!! What a twist ...

Cue another conspiracy theory about the story going into psycho babble family history, angst, too emotional for Bond, etc. ;)
    Well, psychology and angst are doubtlessly prominent in this film, even if perhaps just for one scene. Otherwise we wouldn´t see Bond with his arms wrapped around his chest when he sees Blofeld. Bond standing like that would have been inconceivable up to now.
    Another point is pure speculation, but not far-fetched: Bond thinks history repeats itself when he suspects Mad Maddie to betray him at Vesper´s grave.
    I don´t say it´s too much for Bond, because a) in the right hands and so on, and b) from time to time I believe I can get into this personal Bond thing. I even enjoyed SP when I watched it the other night.

A few weeks ago I was accused of "hysteria" when merely pointing out that Bond films don't have to be kid-friendly. But what is this Lashana thing then if not hysteria? So far, I've read nothing but really positive comments about Lashana. I don't think anyone here is threatened by her presence. We're wasting our breath on perhaps a member or two--at most.

I think she's going to be amazing. I myself am simply not attracted to her, but that's not a big issue since I'm not attracted to Camille or Paris or Triple-X either. I can still love a character, a performance, a presence. And I'm sure I'll enjoy everything Lashana brings to NTTD. But I don't have to call her a good-looking woman if she isn't in my book.

A colleague of mine went berserk when I told her how I felt about Lashana's looks last Friday. "O . M . G! You're only saying that because she's BLACK!" I'm sorry, what? I think Sissy Spacek is an unattractive woman; I find Shelley Duvall flat-out ugly. So now I don't like my own skin colour either? What does one have to do with the other? Talk about 'hysteria'. Also, my dark-skinned girlfriend had to laugh hard when I told her.

That doesn't mean I cannot respect an actress or appreciate what she brings. But I don't have to resort to "inner beauty" nonsense either. It's showbiz. Looks alone can make a star, even if she or he doesn't have any true acting talent. The opposite is also true; you can be the ugliest person on stage but blow us all away with an amazing performance.

Now, I'm not saying that Lashana is ugly; I just don't find her a very good-looking addition to the realm of Bond girls. That may change, though. Still, don't get angry with me, please. I'm glad she's here and I'm admiring her already. She may end up being one of the best things in NTTD. I've always supported the choice to bring her in. I thought her better than Brie in Captain Marvel, even if Brie is the more attractive one in my book. And this has absolutely nothing to do with skin colour. I've seen lots of '70s flicks with Pam Grier and let me tell you, she a whooole lotta woman; the white girls paled in comparison. (Yeah, pun very much intended.)

From my perspective, I find Lashana attractive sometimes, but less so overall than your average Bond girl. That said, I must stress that: 1)it truly depends of what she wears and how she is presented and 2)as someone said before, she has to look believable as a 00. A manicured supermodel would looks ridiculous as an operative. Yes, Lashana has stronger hips and shoulders, but that's what is expect from a woman in her line of work.

And I'd also add that I find her far more attractive, albeit in an unconventional way, than May Day, Tiffany Case, Way Lin, Christmas Jones, to name just a few.
    Regardless of Lynch´s qualification, why do you say a manicured supermodel would look ridiculous as an operative? If we were talking about special forces stuff, then I would very much agree, but isn´t a 00 supposed to gather intelligence very much? In fact, a manicured supermodel probably would have no problem to get into a lot of places and meet a lot of people ordinary men and women wouldn´t get access to at all.

Well, a 00 must also be able to use firearms and carry on assassinations. I find Lashana a more believable looking operative than say Halle Berry.

Halle Berry looks more athletic than Lashana Lynch even now at more than 50 years of age.

Ignore me if I´m gnawing too much on this, but a 00 agent´s job description is not to knock the opponent out in a fight, but to kill a bad person if the necessity arises during a job. And to kill a person, skill is much more important than size or physique. If a 5ft lady can mezmerize the 6-and-a-half-ft monster with her warm stare and then pricks him with a poisoned needle, the guy is ded.
    I don´t say it´s too much for Bond, because a) in the right hands and so on, and b) from time to time I believe I can get into this personal Bond thing. I even enjoyed SP when I watched it the other night.

That's good.
    @matt_u, yeah, it´s not bad at all. It´s strange, I don´t know how it happened ;-).

edited December 2019 Posts: 4,343
    @matt_u, yeah, it´s not bad at all. It´s strange, I don´t know how it happened ;-).

Not bad at all, especially since in NTTD things are personal not only for Bond but for his love interest as well... :)

NTTD seems to be the most emotional Bond movie ever at this point. An epic love story, like BB said.

Well, psychology and angst are doubtlessly prominent in this film, even if perhaps just for one scene. Otherwise we wouldn´t see Bond with his arms wrapped around his chest when he sees Blofeld. Bond standing like that would have been inconceivable up to now.
    Another point is pure speculation, but not far-fetched: Bond thinks history repeats itself when he suspects Mad Maddie to betray him at Vesper´s grave.

Ignore me if I´m gnawing too much on this, but a 00 agent´s job description is not to knock the opponent out in a fight, but to kill a bad person if the necessity arises during a job. And to kill a person, skill is much more important than size or physique. If a 5ft lady can mezmerize the 6-and-a-half-ft monster with her warm stare and then pricks him with a poisoned needle, the guy is ded.
    Yes, skill is more important than size. I know a thing or two about it. I'm not a particularly big man and I'm rather short, one of my Krav Maga instructors was shorter than me, but he could absolutely demolish guys three times his size. That said, he has strong and very visible muscles and his demeanor can easily tell you he's trouble if you want to fight him. 00s are operatives, they are meant to kill any way necessary, sometimes by placing a bomb, sometimes using a gun, sometimes using brute strength and skills. Lashana looks like she can do it, imo. Halle Berry looks like a model.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Halle looks beautiful as she did when she portrayed Jacinto Jinx Jones. Born on Friday the 13th. I would even dare say she looks better than Ms. Lynch wholooks like the dogs brek! THeyve done it in Star Wars with Rose and now this. Audiences don't want frumpish women or overly masculine women . Especially no room for that in a Bond!

@SafinDuplessis if you continue to post such hate filled comments you're going to find your time here short lived.
    If this is your view of Bond, then you obviously don't get Bond.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

I've always liked Ben's Q! :-c
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

Same.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Same.

I think Wishaw's Q is a very strong addition to the MI6 crew. He's a very good actor and he combines geek with charm exceptionally well. I hope they keep him on board for the next batch of Bonds with a different lead.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,247

Same.

I think Wishaw's Q is a very strong addition to the MI6 crew. He's a very good actor and he combines geek with charm exceptionally well. I hope they keep him on board for the next batch of Bonds with a different lead.

Indeed....I would really like him to remain as Q for decades to come. Although I don't know if Harris might carry on as Moneypenny for long(Sadly coz of her age). Since Moneypenny's Repartee with Bond has something of an unacomplished tryst about it, it might need a younger actress.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Same.

Indeed....I would really like him to remain as Q for decades to come. Although I don't know if Harris might carry on as Moneypenny for long(Sadly coz of her age). Since Moneypenny's Repartee with Bond has something of an unacomplished tryst about it, it might need a younger actress.

Harris could probably stay on for another era, especially if her role was reduced for the next actor. She looks a lot younger than 43 imo.

Plus, Lois Maxwell was older than Connery, and they had great chemistry. In fact, her not being younger than him likely had something to do with why it was so good!