No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2019 Posts: 10,588
    This piece from The Guardian claims that Japan is featured among the film's locations:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/dec/06/james-bond-no-time-to-die-007-trailer-film

"Meanwhile, countries have long competed for the chance to be one of Bond’s destinations, sometimes offering lucrative tax breaks to sweeten the deal. Norway paid NOK 47m (£4.2m) to be included, and it’s likely Italy, Jamaica, Japan and the Faroe Islands, which act as key locations alongside London and Scotland, followed suit."
    Ooo YOLT hopes!!!!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Who is Ash? Driving the defender

Billy?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    The Land Rover that flips through the air is a Range Rover Sport. The Defender isn’t seen in the trailer.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Contraband wrote: »
    Who is Ash? Driving the defender

Billy?
    Presumably.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    The Land Rover that flips through the air is a Range Rover Sport. The Defender isn’t seen in the trailer.

Ok, but this:

Ash’s New Land Rover Defender 110 with continuity damage from Norway sequence

https://www.thejamesbonddossier.com/news/no-time-to-die-vehicles-now-at-bond-in-motion.htm

Thats why I'm asking.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

Ok, but this:

https://www.thejamesbonddossier.com/news/no-time-to-die-vehicles-now-at-bond-in-motion.htm

Thats why I'm asking.

Hmm... So either Ash is a traitor, or he’s there to assist Bond & maybe dies?

Ok, but this:

Thats why I'm asking.

Hmm... So either Ash is a traitor, or he’s there to assist Bond & maybe dies?

Since the info is coming from Corbould and co it's legit. So now we have new stuff to chew on.

Ash = Billy M. ??
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Imho the biggest revelation from that Bond In Motion piece is that Norway will seemingly be Norway in the film. Well at least during that Land Rover chase scene.
    This is @slyfox footage from Matera. In this first video it's only Lea (and Cary) filming on the balcony, raw footage, same angle, straight up 5 min. compilation. We didn't bother trimming down or leave out any clips. Somewhat shaky at times but it's not easy filming from a distance.

Slyfox got more material from other locations in Matera and it's damn good quality. Coming in a few days.

Give @Slyfox a massive high five for the material plus say thanks to @Red_Snow for helping out.
    This is @slyfox footage from Matera. In this first video it's only Lea (and Cary) filming on the balcony, raw footage, same angle, straight up 5 min. compilation. We didn't bother trimming down or leave out any clips. Somewhat shaky at times but it's not easy filming from a distance.

Slyfox got more material from other locations in Matera and it's damn good quality. Coming in a few days.

Give @Slyfox a massive high five for the material plus say thanks to @Red_Snow for helping out.

@slyfox @Red_Snow @Contraband Thank you all, this is really cool. Many many thanks.
    Same outfit as she is wearing in the trailer as she get out of bed with Bond. Buring a secret clue?
    With Kleinman back I hope we'll see some more "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." references.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    New stills from NTTD: Dali Bensallah is 'Primo' and Billy Magnussen is 'Ash':
    primo-on-triumph-600x400.jpg

007-series-iii-land-rover-600x400.jpg

new-land-rover-defender-600x400.jpg

db5-in-italy-600x400.jpg

Is it just me or is there a potential spoiler hidden in that reveal?
    If Billy Magnussen's CIA fella is named "Ash", but it's his Land Rover chasing Bond and Swann in Norway, it would suggest strongly that he turns out to be a villain and is in much more of the film than just the Jamaica/Cuba parts, wouldn't it?
    It looks to be that same Land Rover that is sent spiralling through the air in the trailer, for what it's worth.

The SUV spinning above the Toyota Land Cruiser is actually not the new Land Rover defender, but a Range Rover Sport
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia

Sorry mate, didn't see your comment replying to the car related post earlier. :)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Thanks for the correction regardless, @NickThunderballs, and to you @DonnyDB5 :)
    The more I see of the title logo in use the more I like it. Brilliant.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Since there was no UA logo in the trailer, I assume we will not see the return of Bond films opened by the UA logo like some have wondered. I've seen several films so far by that distribution (CHILD'S PLAY, BOOKSMART, WHERE'D YOU GO BERNADETTE?) and none of them featured the UA logo.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,131
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Okay, I told you guys about Jamaica back in early Feb.

@jake24 recorded this on a certain page of his thread.

About two weeks ago, Baz had verified this...
    I think the kid is bond and Madeline’s child

I agree.... if this film takes place in 2025...
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Bond will win

Have another one...
    I don’t like the child or Madeline being involved at all. If we have to have a flashback I’d rather it be of bond and an event that ties into the plot of him becoming a 00 or at skyfall etc.

Are you a relative of any poster on this site? Is your replacement for Craig, Aiden Turner @Tuck91 ? Curious, that's all...

Nope I have no interest in aiden turner or anyone on the radar to replace craig. I’m interested in the character of Ian Fleming’s James Bond played by Daniel Craig in his 5th and final outing. I’m not interested in Madeline and someone she shot in a story from spectre. Especially 5 years later

I agree. I was hoping for a gun barrel sequence unleashing craig into a stand alone film. The female 007 angle is definitely the worst angle for me, it sounds a bit like the bore that was Jinx in DAD, trying to steal screen time from the star.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    suavejmf wrote: »

Bond will win

Have another one...
    I don’t like the child or Madeline being involved at all. If we have to have a flashback I’d rather it be of bond and an event that ties into the plot of him becoming a 00 or at skyfall etc.

Are you a relative of any poster on this site? Is your replacement for Craig, Aiden Turner @Tuck91 ? Curious, that's all...

Nope I have no interest in aiden turner or anyone on the radar to replace craig. I’m interested in the character of Ian Fleming’s James Bond played by Daniel Craig in his 5th and final outing. I’m not interested in Madeline and someone she shot in a story from spectre. Especially 5 years later

I agree. I was hoping for a gun barrel sequence unleashing craig into a stand alone film. The female 007 angle is definitely the worst angle for me, it sounds a bit like the bore that was Jinx in DAD, trying to steal screen time from the star.

Bond will win

Have another one...

So...

That she's a 00 means that she's 007?

JamesCraig wrote: »

Bond will win

Have another one...

Bond will win

Have another one...

So...

In the scene where M says “Where’s 007?” She will be revealed as 007 due to Bond being retired. Yawn. It’ll then be her sparring with him during the film. They should have done without this angle and had traditional Bond girls. It’s been widely reported this is a so called twist in the press and it’s an obvious PC bore that I’m certain will be the case.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

Bond will win

Have another one...

Bond will win

Have another one...

So...

In the scene where M says “Where’s 007?” She will be revealed as 007 due to Bond being retired. Yawn. It’ll then be her sparring with him during the film. They should have done without this angle and had traditional Bond girls. It’s been widely reported this is a so called twist in the press and it’s an obvious PC bore that I’m certain will be the case.

She might.

Not the same as "she will".

Bond will win

Have another one...

Bond will win

Have another one...

So...

She might.

Not the same as "she will".

I’m 90% certain. I hope I’m wrong.🤞
    Since there was no UA logo in the trailer, I assume we will not see the return of Bond films opened by the UA logo like some have wondered. I've seen several films so far by that distribution (CHILD'S PLAY, BOOKSMART, WHERE'D YOU GO BERNADETTE?) and none of them featured the UA logo.

Or they may still be working on the animated motion version of the logo. It does seem that the strategy with the UA brand is that it's more of a backbone to the brands that fall under it (MGM, Annapurna, Orion)
    The more I see of the title logo in use the more I like it. Brilliant.

Agreed. Hated it when it was announced, but am really starting to warm to it, especially seeing it on posters like that!
  • Cuba scene and Villains plot.
    Yes. As I posted a few days ago, the poison/ virus that selects through DNA or genetics and doesn’t kill all, is a possibility.

Saffin, the villain’s lair and the intriguingly lit water tanks.... possible place for Algae farming.
    It looks like a Ken Adam’s version of a Refurbished Cold War Submarine pen. Google them. And even some can be found in Norway ....Which seems to fit nicely with the plot.
    Oh and there is also a Scandinavian global seed bank .... again, plant based bio warfare.
  • The DNA genetic selected viruses are a real thing. Russians,Americans and Israelis have worked on that as probably the Brits and French. In South Africa, it almost happened. See this article from The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/27/south-african-intelligence-officers-spread-aids-black-communities . When I read it, I immediately thought this could a villains plot....