No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    more about porton down chemical weapons where a threat then they still are I wonder if EON got inspiration from events happening in the world. And maybe those chemical weapons attacks in the UK by sarin gas from Russia.

Thanks, didn't saw that.
    TripAces wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Where does bond go underwater for a period. They asked Craig about that on GMA?

I wonder if it's at Safin's base since they show some kind of pool in it, and we know it's the child who goes under the ice on the lake.

Except that the person underwater is not a girl

It's the girl!

WD5gfqM.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Zekidk wrote: »

I wonder if it's at Safin's base since they show some kind of pool in it, and we know it's the child who goes under the ice on the lake.

It's the girl!

WD5gfqM.jpg

Yep. See my earlier post. It is amazing what HD and a larger screen can provide. LOL
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 2,436
    From the trailer I definitely got a sense that cloning is at the heart of the plot 'my skills will live after my death' Safin says, as well as Bond referring to him as playing God. So perhaps the ice lake scene is a flash back but with a Safin who is the original of the cloned Safin in the rest of the film?
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    edited December 2019 Posts: 198
    Hey guys. Its very quick shot in the trailer. The next shot after the spotlight is on bond at the party it looks as if some people behind him fall down? My eyes could just be playing tricks ofcourse! But im sure i read ages ago something about a gas attack in a nightclub..
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,056
    I hope they dont go down this *cloning* route. A bit too sci-fi for Bond.

Maybe he means that his plan is so diabolical that it will affect the world for generations, and long after he has gone, if he is playing god - manipulating nature?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Zekidk wrote: »

It's the girl!

WD5gfqM.jpg

Also, that is such a dope shot. Looks great. One amongst many.
    Interview with Rami today. He mentions that he isn’t playing Dr.No
  • KizerK wrote: »

Don't think he is but Waltz also said he wasn't playing Blofeld ...
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 4,599
    delete
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    Idk why this Dr. No thing is still going. You got a director and some new writers who are bringing some fresh and original things to the series and they're gonna bring back Dr. No. Don't think so. He cam be inspired by Dr. No but a Noh mask doesn't mean that he is Dr. No, or "Noh."
    KizerK wrote: »

Very true... But hopefully they aren’t gonna try and “trick” us with that again
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

And he wouldn't return in Bond 25.
  • Silva 13....
    I think you may be correct about the Cuban club scene with people falling down.
    Perhaps the weapon is some sort of genetically selective poison that doesn’t affect everyone.
    The speed at which it acts would need to be unrealistically fast though.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Regarding Rami Malek's identity: In the film his name is Safin and maybe he is a scientist himself, then surely he has a Ph.D. and could be called a Doctor. So it is the Doctor with the Noh mask, Dr. Noh. Maybe someone will actually call him by that name in the film, and that would be absolutely OK with me.

I also don't think that hand-prosthetics (film) or steel pincers (novel) need to be a defining feature for any Dr. No character (even if Fleming characteried him like that). If Cary Fukanaga re-invented him here (which would be appropriate for the 25th anniversary film), in my opinion he wouldn't even need to sport hand-prosthetics as a defining mark for Dr. No.

I think was different because the interviewer did not mention Dr. No by name and Rami did even though he wasn't specifically asked about him. Compared to people asking Waltz very specifically "Are you Blofeld?" over and over.

I think there may be elements borrowed but Safin seems far more dangerous already than Dr. No. He's running through the woods with a gun, something Dr. No never would have done.

Interesting he was keen on exploring how to make Safin as unsettling as possible with stuff we haven't seen before.

He mentions he was just sitting there with Daniel who was talking more about the plot but I can't find that interview anywhere. Anyone else see it yet?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,869
    To be frank, to have Rami Malek as Dr. No would be the most pointless thing ever. In Spectre it made sense, because you're introducing SPECTRE so you also introduce Ernst Stavro Blofeld. What's the reason in this? He's a scientist? Also if Dr. No is then somehow connected to Madeleine, that means her father worked for Blofeld, falls in love with James Bond, and she has a big secret regarding Dr. No? Starting to sound like a character from Goldeneye: Rogue Agent... or weird fan fiction :/
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Where did the Dr. No thing even start? Was it just because Malek mentioned it as his favorite film?
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Ryan wrote: »
    Where did the Dr. No thing even start? Was it just because Malek mentioned it as his favorite film?

Yeah, and CBS initially took that to mean he was playing Julius No and put that on their article before eventually taking it off.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Again with this Dr No thing?

He won't be. Waltz denying he was most certainly not Blofeld was so bad it could've won him a razzie.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    To be frank, to have Rami Malek as Dr. No would be the most pointless thing ever. In Spectre it made sense, because you're introducing SPECTRE so you also introduce Ernst Stavro Blofeld. What's the reason in this? He's a scientist? Also if Dr. No is then somehow connected to Madeleine, that means her father worked for Blofeld, falls in love with James Bond, and she has a big secret regarding Dr. No? Starting to sound like a character from Goldeneye: Rogue Agent... or weird fan fiction :/

Its really silly stuff isn't it.
  • Denbigh wrote: »

The only reason I can see them re-introducing Dr. No would be as a way to unlock all their previous villains/stories. In today's franchise market, IP is scarce to come by, and I'm sure that they would like to re-maik and re-imagine the old films if they could. I certainly hope that's not the case with what they're doing.

One thing I thought of though: Dr "No" -> "No" Time To Die ???
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited December 2019 Posts: 45,489
    He won t be Dr No, but could well be inspired by him, much like Sanchez and Silva were inspired by Scaramanga.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,869
    @sirseanisbond But if they wanted to do that, it would make no sense to do it for last film of Craig's run, as they're more than likely gonna reboot the franchise again with the next actor, so if they're going to go down the route, wait until you've a new James Bond, although I don't think they'll ever reboot past characters, unless it's Bond, Blofeld and regular allies. The whole No in the title thing is a bit of a reach as well I think.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Inspired by: decades of Bond films, for one thing. At this point, almost anything *could* be an homage. B-)

No, I don't think it will be someone named Dr. No wearing a Noh mask and saying "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to RETIRE. PERMANENTLY. "
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Inspired by: decades of Bond films, for one thing. At this point, almost anything *could* be an homage. B-)

No, I don't think it will be someone named Dr. No wearing a Noh mask and saying "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to RETIRE. PERMANENTLY. "
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Haha well said
  • I’m not necessarily opposed to the idea of cloning in a Bond film, but I don’t know if it feels right for a DC Bond film. Perhaps if the next actor to pick up the mantle is more on the lighter Moore/Brosnan side, it could work better.

If there *is* cloning involved, I suppose either Safin or Madeleine could be clones. I still don’t think that’s the case, although it might explain why Blofeld’s birthday is listed as 1946 on the computer screen in the trailer.
    He won t be Dr No, but could well be inspired by him, much like Sanchez and Silva were inspired by Scaramanga.

This.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited December 2019 Posts: 8,031
    Not sure if this is really news, but...