No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited December 2019 Posts: 17,241
    slyfox wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Bond and Swann NTTD timeline:
    Immediately after SP, they arrive happy and in love in Matera. Bond questions Swann's loyalty after the explosion at the cemetary. They part ways on the train station after the car chase. Later - and back in London - Bond learns that she is now working for - or helping - MI6. She reveals her big secret to Bond - some sort of connection to Safin, hence the mask in the box. What happens next is a mystery, but in the 3rd act they are in the same car together (car chase in Norway/Russia).

Yep, agreed.

Wasn't there a child in the Norway car sequence filming? I guess Swann is in the back with the child in the trailer. We've seen a kid with Nomi and Swann too. This film has a lot of areas to cover.
    In a Toyota Land Cruiser there is a "couple" with a child doll in the back seat, the three appear to be a core family. In the Bond car, an Aston Martin V8 Vantage, is a man in a green jacket.
    https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/derfor-har-bond-skuespillerne-prikker-i-ansiktet/71154844
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    mtm wrote: »
    duke_togo wrote: »
    In an interview with Empire director Cary Fukunaga said about Madeleine Swann: "Her father is Mr. White," he explains "Mr. White was key in the deal that saved Bond's life with Vesper Lynd, so... there's stuff to mine there." What is Swann's secret ? If she's a traitor it would be awesome... https://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/no-time-to-die-james-bond-trailer-breakdown-interview-cary-joji-fukunaga/

I don't think she's a traitor: Bond just thinks she's betrayed him. We'll find out! :)

This is what I suspect. Bond is triggered at the thought that she's another Vesper. I think their inability to have a healthy relationship will be why they don't stay together for long, and leaving Bond single for future films.
  • RC7RC7
    In an interview with Empire director Cary Fukunaga said about Madeleine Swann: "Her father is Mr. White," he explains "Mr. White was key in the deal that saved Bond's life with Vesper Lynd, so... there's stuff to mine there." What is Swann's secret ? If she's a traitor it would be awesome... https://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/no-time-to-die-james-bond-trailer-breakdown-interview-cary-joji-fukunaga/

I don't think she's a traitor: Bond just thinks she's betrayed him. We'll find out! :)

This is what I suspect. Bond is triggered at the thought that she's another Vesper. I think their inability to have a healthy relationship will be why they don't stay together for long, and leaving Bond single for future films.

Whatever happens beyond this will be unconnected. This era is its own thing.
    RC7 wrote: »

Is that confirmed?
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 2,594
    Like the look of the villains lair. Craig looks good. The dialogue sounds good not that we heard that much (except for the “James Bond, license to kill” line which sounds too corny and cliched these days). Blofeld sounds the same - fine but nothing special. Nice looking visuals. From what we heard, Bond has a hard edge in terms of his tone of voice which is good.
    Immediately after SP, they arrive happy and in love in Matera. Bond questions Swann's loyalty after the explosion at the cemetary. They part ways on the train station after the car chase. Later - and back in London - Bond learns that she is now working for - or helping - MI6. She reveals her big secret to Bond - some sort of connection to Safin, hence the mask in the box. What happens next is a mystery, but in the 3rd act they are in the same car together (car chase in Norway/Russia).

Yep, agreed.

Wasn't there a child in the Norway car sequence filming? I guess Swann is in the back with the child in the trailer. We've seen a kid with Nomi and Swann too. This film has a lot of areas to cover.

DAMN. Well that may officially blow up the flashback theory. Great find!!!

Only weird thing is how/why does Madeline have the broken mask in a box and why is Safin seemingly looking through the window of Q's house wearing the same coat and an unbroken mask.
  • RC7RC7

Is that confirmed?

You think someone will pick up the mantle from the Bond that is ‘retired’, and go on a four, five film run? This Craig era is its own beast and when it’s over is over. They may carry some of cast over, I hope they do if only for tradition, but narratively it’s done. He’ll be single in the next incarnation but it will have nothing to do with Craig’s finale.
    Where does bond go underwater for a period. They asked Craig about that on GMA?
    Tuck91 wrote: »

I wonder if it's at Safin's base since they show some kind of pool in it, and we know it's the child who goes under the ice on the lake.

Is that confirmed?

You think someone will pick up the mantle from the Bond that is ‘retired’, and go on a four, five film run? This Craig era is its own beast and when it’s over is over. They may carry some of cast over, I hope they do if only for tradition, but narratively it’s done. He’ll be single in the next incarnation but it will have nothing to do with Craig’s finale.

My assumption was that it would be more of a soft reboot like previous films, unless it gives a very definitive ending to Craig that no other Bond could pick up. If it ends with M leaving the door open for Bond to return like LTK, then I see no reason why the next Bond can’t have a loose connection.
  • RC7RC7

Is that confirmed?

My assumption was that it would be more of a soft reboot like previous films, unless it gives a very definitive ending to Craig that no other Bond could pick up. If it ends with M leaving the door open for Bond to return like LTK, then I see no reason why the next Bond can’t have a loose connection.

What do you imagine being the loose connection in that scenario?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Is that confirmed?

I always thought that the Craig, being so experimental (for this series) in terms of its continuity would result in a clean slate for the next era. I am not sure if Fiennes, Harris etc. would return minus Craig if it meant that their roles were potentially going to be reduced after having such a prominent part of the last three films.

Although maybe they'd like the steady paycheck. Who knows, I guess. It'll be interesting to see.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,126

Is that confirmed?

@RC7 And no Noami

Yep, agreed.

In a Toyota Land Cruiser there is a "couple" with a child doll in the back seat, the three appear to be a core family. In the Bond car, an Aston Martin V8 Vantage, is a man in a green jacket.
    https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/derfor-har-bond-skuespillerne-prikker-i-ansiktet/71154844

That's how it ends with Bond having a kid with Madeline?

Is that confirmed?

Just in the sense that future actors could share Craig's history and experience, while still being their own animal like it was between 1962-2002. Keep in mind, the only reason CR rebooted in the first place was so they could explore the "Bond Begins" concept that Wilson came up as an idea for the 80s that Cubby shot down. It wasn't the same kind of motivation like with comic books where a hard reboot is pressed so start a clean slate from the convoluted continuity. Even though Craig's run has so far been uniquely his own, it's not like EON didn't incorporate elements from past films in order to make it part of Craig's legacy like Judi Dench still being M, having a DB5, etc.

This is why I think another hard reboot would only be necessary if there are certain hardliner cases like Craig definitively not returning to MI6 at the end, Felix getting killed, etc. Things that wouldn't possibly coincide with future films. If Craig's run simply returns things to the status quo, I see no reason not to view the next Bond as a loose continuation of the same character like we saw from Connery to Moore.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,241
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Yep, agreed.

There's nothing to suggest that. Bond is most likely not part of that "couple" the article refers to. He looks to be driving the V8 (the other car).
    The couple:
    71154930.jpg?imageId=71154930&x=0&y=7.461095890411&cropw=100&croph=80.684931506849&width=980&height=590

(Most likely) Bond:
    71154986.jpg?imageId=71154986&x=11.163062536528&y=23.488168273444&cropw=37.580362361192&croph=26.205083260298&width=643&height=300
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Is that confirmed?

Just in the sense that future actors could share Craig's history and experience, while still being their own animal like it was between 1962-2002. Keep in mind, the only reason CR rebooted in the first place was so they could explore the "Bond Begins" concept that Wilson came up as an idea for the 80s that Cubby shot down. It wasn't the same kind of motivation like with comic books where a hard reboot is pressed so start a clean slate from the convoluted continuity. Even though Craig's run has so far been uniquely his own, it's not like EON didn't incorporate elements from past films in order to make it part of Craig's legacy like Judi Dench still being M, having a DB5, etc.

This is why I think another hard reboot would only be necessary if there are certain hardliner cases like Craig definitively not returning to MI6 at the end, Felix getting killed, etc. Things that wouldn't possibly coincide with future films. If Craig's run simply returns things to the status quo, I see no reason not to view the next Bond as a loose continuation of the same character like we saw from Connery to Moore.

Fair points; when you look at it that way it makes sense.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Yep, agreed.

There's nothing to suggest that. Bond is most likely not part of that "couple" the article refers to. He looks to be driving the V8 (the other car).
    The couple:
    71154930.jpg?imageId=71154930&x=0&y=7.461095890411&cropw=100&croph=80.684931506849&width=980&height=590

(Most likely) Bond:
    71154986.jpg?imageId=71154986&x=11.163062536528&y=23.488168273444&cropw=37.580362361192&croph=26.205083260298&width=643&height=300

Perhaps the dude in the black shirt with the land cruiser has Madeline held hostage, and Bond ends up rescuing her & driving away in the land cruiser. That’s all I can think.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

That's why I feel like the film will be in this order (kinda)
    Gunbarrel

Norway (Malek with mask/young Madeleine)

Titles

Matera (taking place after SP)

Jamaica

Cuba

London

Norway/Russia
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    ertert wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »

I wonder if it's at Safin's base since they show some kind of pool in it, and we know it's the child who goes under the ice on the lake.

Except that the person underwater is not a girl...and the skies are A LOT darker in the scene we see in the trailer than they were during filming in Norway. I have no idea what is going on. LOL
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited December 2019 Posts: 543
    All those behind the scenes photos look great. I been avoiding trying to see this stuff the trailer's got me excited.

Is that confirmed?

Fair points; when you look at it that way it makes sense.

I think they will start from scratch if Craig era is it's own separate thing.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Long post ahead, but hear me out & please tread carefully as I don’t know how to use spoiler tags...

I’ve rewatched the trailer quite a bit now. I think I might have figured out how part of the story plays out...

Blofeld says to Bond what I, at first thought was: “her secrets will be the death of you.” He actually says: “her secrets will be the death of HIM.” “Him” is Rami’s character, Safin I’m guessing.

What if much of the plot revolves around Safin’s operatives trying to capture/kill Madeline?

This is reinforced during the DB5 scene when the one dude with the machine gun approaches the car, he’s pointing his gun directly at Madeline’s window. Not Bond’s.

We know Léa is seen in the tan Land Cruiser in the Norway scenes. Perhaps she is kidnapped until Bond comes to the rescue and overtakes the driver of the Land Cruiser.

We then see Bond watching a helicopter fly away. Maybe after the Land Cruiser chase, they capture Madeline again & fly her away via chopper to Safin’s lair. Hence Bond & Nomi infiltrating Safin’s lair on a rescue mission.

I’ve only come to this conclusion from watching the trailer 1000 times today. I have a strong feeling about this. My only question is: how/why does Madeline wind up in Norway/Russia/whatever?
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 490
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Long post ahead, but hear me out & please tread carefully as I don’t know how to use spoiler tags...

I’ve rewatched the trailer quite a bit now. I think I might have figured out how part of the story plays out...

Blofeld says to Bond what I, at first thought was: “her secrets will be the death of you.” He actually says: “her secrets will be the death of HIM.” “Him” is Rami’s character, Safin I’m guessing.

What if much of the plot revolves around Safin’s operatives trying to capture/kill Madeline?

This is reinforced during the DB5 scene when the one dude with the machine gun approaches the car, he’s pointing his gun directly at Madeline’s window. Not Bond’s.

We know Léa is seen in the tan Land Cruiser in the Norway scenes. Perhaps she is kidnapped until Bond comes to the rescue and overtakes the driver of the Land Cruiser.

We then see Bond watching a helicopter fly away. Maybe after the Land Cruiser chase, they capture Madeline again & fly her away via chopper to Safin’s lair. Hence Bond & Nomi infiltrating Safin’s lair on a rescue mission.

I’ve only come to this conclusion from watching the trailer 1000 times today. I have a strong feeling about this. My only question is: how/why does Madeline wind up in Norway/Russia/whatever?

I've had a hard time deciphering what Blofeld was saying. At first i heard "OUR secret will be the death of HIM", meaning he's talking to Madeline about James, then I heard "HER secret will be the death of YOU", with the line being spoken to James. I can't really tell who is speaking to and the accent makes it harder.

The Madeline kidnapping is very plausible, as Bond looks quite desperate when he's running after the helicopter.

It is clear that Madeline is absolutely key to the plot.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I don't want to know how the story plays out, its sequence, or really much about it.
    Still hanging on here somehow, just skimming by details ... ;)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,548
    I finally got a good look at the trailer on a large, HD screen, and I was wrong about something: the person swimming under the frozen lake is, indeed, the girl. I looked at the Norway shoot from last spring: she is in slim jeans and fur boots. This is who is struggling to get to the surface of the lake @1:56.

The pursuer's skin (apparently Safin) is not burned. It is flat-out jacked up, almost diseased.

There is definietly an Asian bent to Safin. The mask and then the kneeling and the Bonsai tree in his lair. I have to lean with those who suggest he is Dr. No. Why?
    In the original novel, No was after guano: bird manure. Today, guano is a key element in the production of nitrogen fertilizer oir algae farms. I woukld guess that this is the direction we are heading with this villain.

• We just need a look at Rami's hand to confirm he is Dr No! It seems this theory has picked up traction since the trailer was released.
    Spectre and or Safin must have stole from this place and how else they would get into this place it must be a mole in Mi6 apparently this was staged on the 007 stage according to wikipedia remember the explosion. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porton_Down
    Safin's lair looks like one of the most stylish for many decades. The production designers are clearly paying homage to Ken Adam. Bit of TSWLM vibe about some of those shots.
    more about porton down chemical weapons where a threat then they still are I wonder if EON got inspiration from events happening in the world. And maybe those chemical weapons attacks in the UK by sarin gas from Russia.