No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Bringing back Blofeld at all in NTTD not only suggests they're still confident with Waltz in the role but that they're hoping to do something interesting that will make his casting worthwhile in the long run, whatever anyone's feelings on SP.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    We’ll see. I’d like to see a well-done Blofeld death though. They can pretend like nothing happened once the next Bond steps in.

I'd definitely prefer a Blofeld death if EON were to do more of an adaptation of YOLT, but with a new Bond and after a few run-ins.
    Personally though I’d like to see Blofeld and SPECTRE take a break again after NTTD.

Yes. And IMO Blofeld should only be used not because they have him in rights but because they have the right script for his return.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    antovolk wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    A couple other things - no credit for Scott Z Burns. And US date confirmed for April 10, instead of April 8.

Weird. In the press email I received there's no Waltz and theres is a credit for Scott Z. Burns and Cary Fukunaga as writers.

Was yours from Universal or MGM/UA? The one I got was from the latter...

Universal. That's why. MGM knows best. LOL :D
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    Eon wasn’t confident enough to use Blofeld again for the main villian again
    Based on...?
    The mixed reception of foster brother, malek being the likely lead villian, and the overall reception of Spectre.
    I sincerely believe these concerns aren’t even a blip on EON’s radar. For a movie “so detested,” they sure like plugging it on social media.
    Based on...?
    The mixed reception of foster brother, malek being the likely lead villian, and the overall reception of Spectre.
    I sincerely believe these concerns aren’t even a blip on EON’s radar. For a movie “so detested,” they sure like plugging it on social media.

Yup. It’s one of their highest grossing films too, and most recent, so of course it would get more promotion that most other Bond films.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Love the posters. The girls look badass and beautiful. Malek clearly plays a slightly older character and he’s absolutely creepy. Lea will be the main girl of the film and I just love that the Blofeld return has been officially confirmed by MGM.

Tomorrow will be rock and roll. An exciting lunch break.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Based on...?

Time is being kinder to it, just like with QoS. I for one appreciate SP a lot more today (as flawed as it is) than I did when I first walked out of the theater in 2015. I saw it four times in theaters, desperate to like it and couldn't. But I do now.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited December 2019 Posts: 1,165
    Based on...?

Yup. It’s one of their highest grossing films too, and most recent, so of course it would get more promotion that most other Bond films.
    Exactly. If you want a movie BB and MGW seem to want to forget, look no further than QOS. Even getting mentioned in SP was unexpected and extraordinary.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Bringing back Mr. White really sets the stage for how the producers feel about Quantum of Solace.

• imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited December 2019 Posts: 972
    I shd add that the holster looks way too big for his Walther... Lol
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I guess he lost the bigger gun along the way. Happens.
    Bringing back Mr. White really sets the stage for how the producers feel about Quantum of Solace.

Or it’s less that and more due to him being there at the start with CR. Anything that was QOS specific didn’t get as much emphasis as CR and SF. They could have brought back Gregg Beam now that David Harbor is a much more known character actor.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Camille was one character i've always wanted back. Always felt she had more to offer after QoS.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Maybe this will broach the subject of Bond...
  • duke_togoduke_togo france

I don’t think safin will kill Blofeld. I have a feeling franz has a few more tricks up his sleeve. Maybe he takes out nomi or Madeline and bond kills him near the end or leaves him to die

If Blofeld dies i hope that his death would be kind of evasive as usual (it's not clear if he died in DAF ,it's not clear if he survived the fall at the begining of FYEO) and also because as he is Bond's Lex Luthor everbody knows that supervillains never really dies...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Well we don’t know yet. And he’s only been the main villain, what, four times? And one of those was Spectre.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    I guess he lost the bigger gun along the way. Happens.

Never happened to me.
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT

if you combined all the Instagram character posters stories in the right sequence you would have the characters by importance in the story and maybe in credits too

NTTD-CP-12-2019-2.jpg
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Omega watch to be unveiled today also.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Is that right? That's fun.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    if you combined all the Instagram character posters stories in the right sequence you would have the characters by importance in the story and maybe in credits too

NTTD-CP-12-2019-2.jpg

Oooh great observation
    Isn't Good Morning Amercia is supposed to be on air since 14 min ? I don't see it on ABC right no.
    mtm wrote: »

d32983afa2fa59b59efdeac48e567693fe119799.jpeg
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    You know something big is happening when this website takes 10 minutes to refresh...
    You know something big is happening when this website takes 10 minutes to refresh...

Right? Back to 99, rhythm wise. Lovely. Really, I love it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Univex wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »

d32983afa2fa59b59efdeac48e567693fe119799.jpeg

Lovely! Is that an actual event or an online thing? Impressive to have those three there.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    What a trailer!
  • This'll probably be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway- I'm yet to watch the trailer. Does it give away a lot of what will happen in the film?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    New Production Stills:

ARDVX8V.jpg

FfL9G5c.jpg

4fE63Ja.jpg

jGHMLEb.jpg

2hPAXKc.jpg

YFw6iVx.jpg

6m5XJLU.jpg

SqaY8bo.jpg
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    SPEECHLESS! That trailer blew my mind. Movie looks absolutely superb.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    united1878 wrote: »
    This'll probably be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway- I'm yet to watch the trailer. Does it give away a lot of what will happen in the film?

Seconding this.