No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited November 2019 Posts: 7,518
    At this moment, it is as official as it can possibly be that No Time to Die will be Craig's final Bond film.
    Only the future truly knows whether or not Daniel Craig will play Bond again after No Time to Die.
    Therefore... will Daniel Craig play Bond again after No Time to Die? Maybe...
    Seems like an extremely low percentage on the chances of him returning. He was pretty hesitant for a long time after SP, and has insisted many times NTTD is his last. It wouldn’t be the most stunning thing if he was lured back (Connery and Moore were after their “last” ones”), but I’m not counting on it. I think it’s the right time to bow out for Craig, though I am concerned about who may replace him. Extremely tough act to follow.
    Well if Craig’s done I don’t expect b26 until 2024 at the earliest.
  • RC7RC7
    Tuck91 wrote: »

Possibly. Right now I don’t know why anyone would care. New film in less than 6 months.
    RC7 wrote: »

Possibly. Right now I don’t know why anyone would care. New film in less than 6 months.

As soon as the credits roll everyone is onto what’s next in today’s society
  • RC7RC7

Cool. Let’s wait until then.
    Given the trend of the era, if Craig hypothetically were to come back again after NTTD we’d still probably have a long gap. I’m more concerned with the anticipation and release of NTTD right now.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

100% this, very excited for April! Can't wait to see some footage, whenever that may be!
    One week till December, folks. Soon the trailer will be upon us...I think...I hope.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Univex wrote: »
    One week till December, folks. Soon the trailer will be upon us...I think...I hope.

Future me has seen it @Univex

It's beautiful.

It's beautiful.

giphy.gif
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,834
    If the trailer drops on the week of my birthday, consider me officially dead...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

It's beautiful.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
  • Since we've already had the usual "this Bond girl is not like the other Bond girls" spiel, how soon before we can expect the other Bond press-tour staple about how many practical effects they've used in this movie.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

EON will be asked about whats next at the premiere. They won't be able to hide away this time.
    Benny wrote: »
    Roger Moore had a one picture deal on all films after TSWLM. He also claimed that after MR it was his last film each time. Maybe he meant it. Maybe Cubby, EON and MGM lured him back each time. A game of increasing Moore's salary or for EON and MGM, having a popular and proven actor continue the role.
    So Craig may well be done with the role, but don't count your chickens before they're hatched. ;)

I said it before and I'll say it again: while I don't think Craig doing a sixth Bond film is a good idea, I would not be surprised if it happened.
  • There's an outside chance that NTTD will premiere at CCXP in Sao Paulo. Universal will have a presence but haven't announced a line-up. Perhaps it makes sense to fly out Daniel Craig and Ana De Armas for a quick Q&A and reveal of the footage...... @antovolk will be better qualified to back-up these questions.

It is a big event though - arguably bigger than San Diego's Comic Con at this rate.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 6,665
    There's an outside chance that NTTD will premiere at CCXP in Sao Paulo. Universal will have a presence but haven't announced a line-up. Perhaps it makes sense to fly out Daniel Craig and Ana De Armas for a quick Q&A and reveal of the footage...... @antovolk will be better qualified to back-up these questions.

It is a big event though - arguably bigger than San Diego's Comic Con at this rate.

Wouldn't CCXP have them on their page and lists by now if that were the case? There are some big names there. Granted, none that I'd like to meet personally, with the exception of Gadot and Robbie, but still, there are some Hollywood A listers and A hol... on that list.

That would be lovely, though, to have the trailer come out in that week.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    There's an outside chance that NTTD will premiere at CCXP in Sao Paulo. Universal will have a presence but haven't announced a line-up. Perhaps it makes sense to fly out Daniel Craig and Ana De Armas for a quick Q&A and reveal of the footage...... @antovolk will be better qualified to back-up these questions.

Capture-d-e-cran-2019-11-24-a-13-38-06.png
    Yep, just as I thought.
    No reason why it won't be launched online sometime soon in early December, though.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    How credible is the original source that claimed the trailer would be out in early December?
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    I think there would have to be certain 'ingredients' if Craig came back for a sixth. I think those are things such as whether NTTD performs well and what the script/story would look like for the next film. I think NTTD appears to be very conscious of his age from what little I've seen so far and I think continuity would be vital. It would also depend on Bond's status at the end of NTTD. For a sixth there's the possibility it could stray into being more personal than ever and wouldn't be well received because of the age factor.

While money is likely a great motivator I'm not quite sure it would turn his head for a sixth. I don't think babs will let him go so easily either but I just don't see how the jigsaw fits into place yet on the idea he could be back. The thing is Craig does and perhaps that's the reason why he can say with certainty it's his last.

I feel like he'll be back in a different capacity.

I've more thoughts on this but have to catch a flight so perhaps I may elaborate later!
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    How credible is the original source that claimed the trailer would be out in early December?

JamesBond.de - I think they said they'd heard it would be by early December. So I don't even know if they know for certain. Confusing times ;)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    https://latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2019-11-22/ana-de-armas-knives-out-james-bond

"Underneath the pomp and suspenders, Craig was already training and prepping for Bond when “Knives Out” was filming. But De Armas had no idea she’d be joining him until later, when she got a surprise call from Fukunaga, whom she’d met previously for a project that never materialized.

He said, ‘Part of the movie takes place in Cuba. This role doesn’t exist, but I think I’m going to write something for you. Do you want to do it?’” she said. On top of being offered a custom-tailored Bond role, Emmy-winning writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge was going to write her dialogue, which sent her excitement skyrocketing. “I was like, ‘Aaaaaah! Of course.’ And then I was like, ‘Wait — I’d like to read it first.’”

They sent over her scenes and she was sold. Bond women of yesteryear had never felt relatable to her, said De Armas. Paloma, however, felt real.

“I wouldn’t say she’s ordinary, because when she needs to perform her job, she does,” she said. “But [she] is flawed. She says what she feels, she’s nervous, she’s scared. It’s human. When I read it, I was like, ‘Oh, wait — I can be a Bond girl. I’m that. I’m that messy.’ That’s what felt so attractive, on top of what she’s actually doing in the story, which is another step toward giving women a more powerful and strong place in the films.”
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15,686
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    "That’s what felt so attractive, on top of what she’s actually doing in the story, which is another step toward giving women a more powerful and strong place in the films.”

Finally, a new Bond film is definitely coming soon now that I've read this quote. Not seeing this specific statement wouldn't feel right, after hearing it for each of the previous 24 films.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    https://latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2019-11-22/ana-de-armas-knives-out-james-bond

"Underneath the pomp and suspenders, Craig was already training and prepping for Bond when “Knives Out” was filming. But De Armas had no idea she’d be joining him until later, when she got a surprise call from Fukunaga, whom she’d met previously for a project that never materialized.

He said, ‘Part of the movie takes place in Cuba. This role doesn’t exist, but I think I’m going to write something for you. Do you want to do it?’” she said. On top of being offered a custom-tailored Bond role, Emmy-winning writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge was going to write her dialogue, which sent her excitement skyrocketing. “I was like, ‘Aaaaaah! Of course.’ And then I was like, ‘Wait — I’d like to read it first.’”

They sent over her scenes and she was sold. Bond women of yesteryear had never felt relatable to her, said De Armas. Paloma, however, felt real.

“I wouldn’t say she’s ordinary, because when she needs to perform her job, she does,” she said. “But [she] is flawed. She says what she feels, she’s nervous, she’s scared. It’s human. When I read it, I was like, ‘Oh, wait — I can be a Bond girl. I’m that. I’m that messy.’ That’s what felt so attractive, on top of what she’s actually doing in the story, which is another step toward giving women a more powerful and strong place in the films.”

She’s gorgeous and talented, but this drumbeat is so tiresome.
  • RC7RC7
    talos7 wrote: »

If you ignore the superlatives, it actually sounds like her character is the opposite of what people fear. The fact she’s ‘flawed’, ‘nervous’ etc suggests by ‘strong’ and ‘powerful’, she simply means three dimensional.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

It will come back to bite her as it did with everyone before her, when the women in Bond 26 repeat it.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

It will come back to bite her as it did with everyone before her, when the women in Bond 26 repeat it.

Exactly. I am sure dozens of Bond girls before her felt the same about her characters. And look what happened.

It must be that they get told to say this by EoN. It doesn't make sense otherwise, that every new Bond girl has the same bright idea, which is quite disrespectful in itself.

But why?
    How is this helping the film? If it does, fine. If the math checks out, keep doing it. What the hell do i know about movie marketing.

But purely speaking for myself, i don't like hearing it.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

What was it like working with Daniel Craig on this movie then 007 in 'No Time To Die'? Was it your dream to be a Bond girl? How different was this from playing Martha in 'Knives Out'?

Ana: Oh my gosh, I love working with Daniel just because he's first of all very talented, but also he shows so much respect for our you know job and and he's so hard-working and doesn't matter if he's exhausted or broken bones in his body, he will still show up and deliver. And you know that is I just admire him as a partner on set and we had so much fun in this movie and it only helped to feel more confident in James Bond which is a lot of pressure too.

It wasn't my dream to be a Bond girl, but it happened and now I'm very proud of it, you know. Especially with the shift that the franchise is taking on women.