No Time to Die production thread

Comments

As if he'd say no.
    I also think he'd have something to prove and would hit it out of the park.

But I suspect Fukunaga might be the one who resists. I don't think it's his type of sound.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I think if news of the departure is true, and Arnold is their choice of replacement, he’s been aware that there have been problems for some time. If it’s to be Arnold, this will be announced very quickly.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,018
    OT: Fukunaga in mourning

Peter was my line producer on BEASTS OF NO NATION, he was quiet and strong, he kept our impossibly difficult production afloat as costs ballooned beyond what we were promised. Instead of closing ranks and compromising the film he protected its vision and ambition at enormous risk to himself. He was a true collaborator and a friend, he’ll be missed. He leaves behind a family in complete shock of his loss. We are in a career that takes us far from our loved ones constantly, all we want is to return to them safely and they to us. This is a living nightmare for them. Link to the gofund page in my bio

To get David Arnold back would be a Godsend for NTTD,imo.
    Interview with Craig this weekend:

sundaytimesculture THIS WEEKEND:
    @jonathandean_ talks to super spy Daniel Craig as he takes on his latest role as Benoit Blanc in comedy whodunnit Knives Out

Guess it's coming here
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/magazine/culture

• edited November 2019 Posts: 565
    If the Romer rumer is true (I was just itching to say that), I'd be happy with a DA return, but he'd better sharpen his pencil.

Dispite my distaste for the ambientness of the last two scores, there were some really good moments. I mean, prices like Shanghai Drive definitely was a step up. Modern, unique, memorable. A little step out of his comfort zone would be warranted.
  • Very unfortunate regarding Romer if true, I was looking forward to hearing what he’d bring to the series. I’m probably in the minority but I have zero interest in Arnold returning, I think some new blood would go some good musically. Arnold or not, still many great options out there. I remember a rumour at some point about Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross for Bond 25. Judging by the reaction to Romer, I can’t imagine the reaction to that around here being a positive one, but I’d love to hear it.
    What Romer rumour? Where does it come from?

JBR claims he might be out. I think.
    Until it’s confirmed, it’s just a Romer rumor running rampant.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 6,677
    talos7 wrote: »
    Until it’s confirmed, it’s just a Romer rumor running rampant.

Quite the alliteration, that one. Nicely done ;)
    I'd feel awful for Romer if it's true, just because he's a super nice fella and extremely talented.

But if this even slightly opens the door of possibility that Arnold could return to close out the Craig era, that fills me with more joy than any other news possibly could.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I like Romer's work a lot, but he was always an extremely poor fit for Bond. This is good news, if true.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I like Romer's work a lot, but he was always an extremely poor fit for Bond. This is good news, if true.

I'd guess, if this is true, Romer submitted some temp cues (which is common as post-production begins) and Eon have not reacted well to them.

Of course this is speculation, but at some point all involved may have realized that this wasn’t the right fit.
    It is interesting that this , possible, news comes out not long after the release of Arnold’s brilliant work for N.Peal.
    A score with a sound like this would really tie together Craig’s tenure nicely.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    If Arnold were to return hopefully we'll hear some snippets of Vesper's theme, You Know My Name and Night at the opera in the score.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 820
    ColonelSun wrote: »

I'd guess, if this is true, Romer submitted some temp cues (which is common as post-production begins) and Eon have not reacted well to them.

Yes, I suspect that's the case as well @ColonelSun. The timing checks out precisely. If that is indeed the case, they must have really missed the mark.

I'm on pins and needles here at the thought of a twist in this story, which I already thought I'd made peace with months ago.

If there's truth to this story, every part of me hopes the agents are furiously working the phones (or across the table) today to get the new deal signed for this gentleman. The one slam dunk choice who you know can get the ball across the line (in a spectacular way), even on a compressed timeline.

You know his name. ;)

image.jpg

What the hell is this crap?

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Contraband wrote: »

Read the comment, it's just wishful thinking on behalf of the poster.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 17,272
    Univex wrote: »

Thanks! Quite surprising (if true), but I guess these things have happened before.

Thanks! Quite surprising (if true), but I guess these things have happened before.

I'm quite hopeful that its true, but if, and only if Arnold is called back.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

"Io ci spero" = "I hope so"

Read the comment, it's just wishful thinking on behalf of the poster.

Yeah, saw something in italian or spanish. Didn't bother to translate. Thanks man.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Wishful thinking probably brought on from Rami Malek's casting
    How can Romer drop this late in production.
    Tuck91 wrote: »

As we were saying,he has obviously brought some prototypes forward and EON are not impressed at all.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Tuck91 wrote: »

It’s not late at all. In fact, this is quite early for a firing.

The bulk of the film hasn’t been edited. Only a very very rough assembly exists. There is a chance that Cary has been editing whilst filming - but nothing close to a picture lock. So in this respect, Romer has only really begun working on the film properly.

If the decision has been made now, it’s because whatever he’s done over the last 4 months is just not syncing with the film now they’re editing.

I guess now it’s truly David Arnold’s gig to loose. More power to him. If he doesn’t get asked back now, then he’ll never get the job again

I hope Justin Hurwitz is in the race
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Agreed with Jake. Dan Romer always left me “meh” and his scores and style sparked no interest in me. Honestly I’d be very happy with Arnold back. His QoS score was one of the best of the series IMO and if he could bring back that level of energy NTTD will be that much more exciting.

I'm quite hopeful that its true, but if, and only if Arnold is called back.

I've not spent much time listening through Romer's previous works, but the few tracks I have listen to sounded nothing like what I'd want to hear from a Bond score. Of course, these tracks were most likely for films in different genres, but it all sounded quite…monotonous.

I'd be happy with Arnold, but I'm not expecting it to happen.
    I like Hurwitz, guy can channel Barry sometimes, even. And that, before someone comments, is a good thing, in my book.

But I prefer Arnold. Still say he's done haunting themes, and that Stargate theme of his is one of the best ever. A simple crescendo of epicness. And he is a fellow fan, isn't he? How can we not champion for him?