No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• A point of order: where did the "Malek is Dr No" thing come from? As far as I can tell it arose from thin air and now people are running with it.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 11,425
    They should retcon the whole Craig era and have Green be Goldfinger and Silva be Scaramanga. Would make a lot more sense...

Funny thing about Blofeld is he's never been a very strong character in the films. He's now been played by at least 4 (5?) actors in the EON series. They can't stick with an interpretation. It's almost like they decided Blofeld was just a codename. Yes Brofeld was a mess but EON have never really got a grip on him. Blofeld seems to flumox EON. I think it's fair to say that during the course of the films they've made a bit of a hash of Blofeld.

Anyway I really doubt Malik will be Dr No. At least I hope not. I can see they might want to do some kind of full circle thing back to Dr No but I hope they're not that stupid.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 2,436
    octofinger wrote: »
    A point of order: where did the "Malek is Dr No" thing come from? As far as I can tell it arose from thin air and now people are running with it.

There was an article from around April time when the main cast was announced that made the statement that he was playing Dr. No. They then corrected their article so that it didn't say that.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 11,425
    It would fall very flat IMO to have another oh so not surprising character reveal a la "Oberhauser isn't Blofeld". Yawn.

What would be interesting for B26 onwards would be if they started remaking all the novels in chronological order. They could just use the same titles - I personally wouldn't have a problem with that. Or if EON and movie purists weren't keen they could use the plots but just give the characters different names and locations.

They've been rehashing the plots for years anyway so why not just go back to the source material and instead of looking for odd unused scenes just lift the whole scenario but give it a new name.

So if I could do a do over on the Craig era CR should have been followed by a remake of LALD.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Yes ,my 'source' is still maintaining they are to be used for NTTD from his film source,and it is
    a lair under the mansion....
    God knows !

If you check IMDb for Tim Browning he is listed as a Concept Artist for No Time To Die so its possible he reused past material

Not a chance in hell Tim B. will use old material. That compound he drew blew up in Spectre since it was Blofelds lair, and wherever/however Safin livesinj NTTD will be based on new fresh artwork (script description), never seen before. And we will not see it either until April. And then he might also publish it on his site.
  • octofinger wrote: »
    A point of order: where did the "Malek is Dr No" thing come from? As far as I can tell it arose from thin air and now people are running with it.

There was an article from around April time when the main cast was announced that made the statement that he was playing Dr. No. They then corrected their article so that it didn't say that.

Fair enough. But it's leading people to all sorts of ridiculous reasoning: "this discarded concept art from SP looks like an underground lair, therefore Malek is Dr. No."

It's tilting at windmills, here.
  • octofinger wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »

Fair enough. But it's leading people to all sorts of ridiculous reasoning: "this discarded concept art from SP looks like an underground lair, therefore Malek is Dr. No."

It's tilting at windmills, here.

Either there's a grain of truth to it - ie. the journalist in question let slip when he shouldn't have, or the journalist in question made a mistake.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    JBR are reporting that Dan Romer has left the production.

Interesting if true. Was looking forward to what he would come up with, but at least it is not a last minute replacement.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Mallory wrote: »

Interesting if true. Was looking forward to what he would come up with, but at least it is not a last minute replacement.

Maybe he has been reading this forum.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Getafix wrote: »
    It would fall very flat IMO to have another oh so not surprising character reveal a la "Oberhauser isn't Blofeld". Yawn.

What would be interesting for B26 onwards would be if they started remaking all the novels in chronological order. They could just use the same titles - I personally wouldn't have a problem with that. Or if EON and movie purists weren't keen they could use the plots but just give the characters different names and locations.

They've been rehashing the plots for years anyway so why not just go back to the source material and instead of looking for odd unused scenes just lift the whole scenario but give it a new name.

So if I could do a do over on the Craig era CR should have been followed by a remake of LALD.

+1
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Wow big if true.
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland

That's very big news if it's true, I wonder who will replace him?
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Good. Now get David Arnold back.

Hopefully they'll be desperately looking for a last minute replacement and they'll call David Arnold because they know he'd be available for that and they already know they'd go along with him with no issues.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,497

Maybe he has been reading this forum.

Or this thread alone. =))

Nothing here: https://twitter.com/dan_romer

But then again, it's been two months since he last tweeted something. :-c
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Tom Newman is in London scoring 1917. Could jump straight on to Bond after.

(One can dream)
  • RC7RC7

(One can dream)

No thanks. Let DA finish what he started.
    Not too sad if Romer is gone. Would be happy with Arnold. Definitely not Newman though. That would be the worst possible outcome.
    RC7 wrote: »

(One can dream)

No thanks. Let DA finish what he started.

@RC7 do you know if there is any truth to this rumour?
    Dam I didn't expect Romer to go. Maybe he felt he couldn't handle the big score. I wouldn't be surprise if its Arnold who came back since it last min but im still hoping we get someone new.
    Not too sad if Romer is gone. Would be happy with Arnold. Definitely not Newman though. That would be the worst possible outcome.

Nothing has been confirmed.

And we get that you don't like anyting about SF now.
    I am always open to some one new. But only if they can write memorable melodies. Arnold has shown he can do that so I'd prefer him over another ambient bore.
    I am always open to some one new. But only if they can write memorable melodies. Arnold has shown he can do that so I'd prefer him over another ambient bore.

+1
    Univex wrote: »

+1

+2

(One can dream)

It wouldn't even take him that long, he'd only have to reuse his Skyfall and SPECTRE scores and write a couple of new pieces here and there.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,497
    For the record: Arnold coming back would be neat.

I know he used the Bond theme a bit too much on TND's soundtrack, but I never minded it at all.

And I absolutely love his CR ending Bond theme.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I don't think Newman would come back. He's a package deal with Mendes. No Mendes, no Newman
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Instead of the Bat Signal, is EON projecting a giant “A” into to the sky and onto the gathering clouds?
    Remington wrote: »
    Good. Now get David Arnold back.

+1
    The resounding majority of Bond fans want David Arnold back. It's true. It's statistics.
    Some don't. But the vocal majority does. To wrap up Craig's tenure with the one who started it brilliantly with CR, would be wonderful.

Make it happen, Babs, make the phone call. And Arnold, don't you dare say no.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Univex wrote: »
    The resounding majority of Bond fans want David Arnold back. It's true. It's statistics.
    Some don't. But the vocal majority does. To wrap up Craig's tenure with the one who started it brilliantly with CR, would be wonderful.

Make it happen, Babs, make the phone call. And Arnold, don't you dare say no.

While I agree with all of this in principle, we don't even know if the Romer rumor is true yet.