No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited October 2019 Posts: 1,680
    In trying not to set expectations too high

Remember we all went nuts over the spectre teaser poster with the octopus bullet holes. Same thing for the first spectre tv spot that came in June showing the first action scenes
  • The wrap party took place at Freemasons Hall...

Where’s craig
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Where’s craig

Filming his resurrection scene for B26.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    The wrap party took place at Freemasons Hall...

Tweeted out this earlier today. Pics/video in thread

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Who at EON is a freemason, then?
  • No Craig, Ana or Cary.

I suspect that the wrap party is more for the crew and not the talent. Lashana is still an upcomer, so I guess it makes sense that she’d turn up.
    Someone made this. Almost a poster

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Walecs wrote: »
    Nectoux wrote: »
    One thing we don't have in a long time is Bond facing like a "villain's private army" in a huge set for the climax. Like TSWLM...

TND is almost a remake of that, but not as epic and with uninspired set design.

When I knew about Perla de Las Dunas in QoS and by the explosion shot on the trailer I thought it would be better explored than it was.

I personally hate those kind of endings and that's why TSWLM and YOLT are so low in my ranking, but I know I'm in the minority on that one.

I'm with you on that, @Walecs. I don't hold those battles against TWSLM or YOLT, but I doubt the tone of the Craig era allows for army-vs-army fights. I prefer a Bond who must use his wits to fight his way out of a perilous situation, possibly aided by one or at most two other allies, but certainly not half the coast guard or whatever.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Contraband wrote: »

Wow! I love this!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,554
    One thing we don't have in a long time is Bond facing like a "villain's private army" in a huge set for the climax. Like TSWLM...

When I knew about Perla de Las Dunas in QoS and by the explosion shot on the trailer I thought it would be better explored than it was.

TBH, I find that "model" to be flat-out ridiculous/preposterous (and always have). It was ridiculous in the 60s and even more so now. Mostly it is unrealistic: thousands of people hiring on to work for...a secret criminal organization or cult? What kind of losers would do that? Right?

In SP, I was bothered by the workers in Morocco: who are they? What are they doing there? What would make a computer technician or programmer think, "Yeah, I want live and work in the middle of the Moroccan desert. That's my dream job"

Instead, organizations like Spectre (and better conceived with Quantum) really operate in full view. They get people on board to do their dirty work for them, not realizing they are even doing dirty work. One of the things SF got so right was the idea that it doesn't take much to bring down entire communities and societies: just point and click, You don't need thousands of people to do that.

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

The title has been growing on me and I just love that title font. So good.
    Who at EON is a freemason, then?

Last year Aston Martin rented the hall. Just saying..
    No Craig, Ana or Cary.

I suspect that the wrap party is more for the crew and not the talent. Lashana is still an upcomer, so I guess it makes sense that she’d turn up.

And Ana with friend flew to the sun.. She's been posting pics from the beach.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom

That is one massive car! :D It’s about ten foot wide!
  • Nectoux wrote: »
    I would like that very much. Disagree with all those who dislike it...

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I would like that very much. Disagree with all those who dislike it...

I'd like that too.
    Andy Torbet
    Extreme & Technical Adventures for TV, Film & Science, Explorer: Cave & Deep Diver, Skydiver, Freediver, Climber & Outdoorsman, Ex-Bomb Disposal & Para
    www.fitforfilms.com/category/educate/andy-torbet

ZlJKhaR.jpg

"I’ve been quiet in the TV, exploration and adventure front this year...and here’s why. For the last 8 months I’ve been working pretty much full time as a Stuntman on the new James Bond @007 film. We visited Norway, Jamaica, Italy, Scotland and of course Pinewood Studios in England. I can’t say any more about the plot, script, stunts or behind the scenes stuff so don’t ask. Besides I don’t want to spoil it for you.

What I can say is I had an absolute ball. The stunt team were genuinely the most professional, positive, super-motivated, friendly and welcoming group of folk I’ve met. I often say ‘90% of your happiness is dictated by the people you surround yourself with’ so it’s no surprise I never had a bad day at work. Myself and @beckibiggins have always been huge Bond fans (there 3 Bond posters up in our kitchen and have been for 10 years) so it was pretty cool to work on this film of all films. It’s probably one of the most non-stressed and motivating years I’ve had and that’s all down to the people. Watch the film. Enjoy. I did.

(And to all my sponsors and supporter (which includes you if you follow me) - apologies if the adventure quota has been down this year I hope you agree it was with good reason...but stand by for 2020...I’ll make it up to you)."

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Andy Torbet
    Extreme & Technical Adventures for TV, Film & Science, Explorer: Cave & Deep Diver, Skydiver, Freediver, Climber & Outdoorsman, Ex-Bomb Disposal & Para
    www.fitforfilms.com/category/educate/andy-torbet

ZlJKhaR.jpg

"I’ve been quiet in the TV, exploration and adventure front this year...and here’s why. For the last 8 months I’ve been working pretty much full time as a Stuntman on the new James Bond @007 film. We visited Norway, Jamaica, Italy, Scotland and of course Pinewood Studios in England. I can’t say any more about the plot, script, stunts or behind the scenes stuff so don’t ask. Besides I don’t want to spoil it for you.

What I can say is I had an absolute ball. The stunt team were genuinely the most professional, positive, super-motivated, friendly and welcoming group of folk I’ve met. I often say ‘90% of your happiness is dictated by the people you surround yourself with’ so it’s no surprise I never had a bad day at work. Myself and @beckibiggins have always been huge Bond fans (there 3 Bond posters up in our kitchen and have been for 10 years) so it was pretty cool to work on this film of all films. It’s probably one of the most non-stressed and motivating years I’ve had and that’s all down to the people. Watch the film. Enjoy. I did.

(And to all my sponsors and supporter (which includes you if you follow me) - apologies if the adventure quota has been down this year I hope you agree it was with good reason...but stand by for 2020...I’ll make it up to you)."

I want this guy's job. :-O
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Lea Seydoux and MGW were both present.

Lea at the wrap party

Locations Assistant Tayyib Mahmood with focus puller Jorge Sanchez and Mr filming himself Linus Sandgren

• edited October 2019 Posts: 4,619
    I want Malek's character to be completely new, except for his name. I would love it if he was called Dr. No! This name is too good to be only used once!
    You don't win the rights to Blofeld and SPECTRE after decades of court room drama, only to use the character/organisation in one film and throw it away.

People keep repeating this, but it's very likely they had no intention of using Blofeld and SPECTRE ever again after they got the rights back... until Sam Mendes had the "brilliant" idea that they should return. And yes Blofeld and SPECTRE will be back in NTTD (although in very reduced capacity), Spectre nearly was Craig's Bond last film, and had it been Craig's last Bond film, nu-Blofeld and nu-SPECTRE would have been one-offs.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2019 Posts: 12,459
    Blofeld will be used again, but we don't know how or when, of course.

It seems people involved with making this Bond film are consistent in their praise of it being a joy to work on. Let's hope that translates onto the screen. I do still have great confidence in Cary and Linus. And Cary is a good storyteller.

I'm hoping the script works well, no matter what twists or villains or explosions or strong female characters or scars or no scars or 00 numbers or homages happen or don't happen ... any of which is guaranteed to have critics (as in Bond fans) baying and whining. B-)

Can't please everybody (as EON definitely knows by now) but this sure looks to be a very good Bond film indeed. I'm very happy so little has leaked. I hope the trailer is in December and that is does NOT give away too much. I do like to see trailers but it's tricky, a fine line. Cinematography seems to be outstanding and that alone has me excited. Music is still really an unknown factor, though. It's good, in my opinion, that we have so much to still discover about this film.

I just want to sincerely thank @ColonelSun and @antovolk for their contributions to this forum. Valuable, insightful, and well written comments (with no histrionics) from both of you ... basically, all the time. I find myself looking for your input specifically. Thanks.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,018
    And the Award for Best NTTD Behind-The-Scenes Researcher 2019 goes to.......MEEE...

:)) :))
  • Contraband wrote: »
    And the Award for Best NTTD Behind-The-Scenes Researcher 2019 goes to.......MEEE...

:)) :))
    Standing ovation for Contraband! :)>-
    OT but still: Phoebe Waller-Bridge's Acceptance Speech (Fleabag) at 2019 British Academy Britannia Awards

She's funny but better live up to the hype regarding her work on NTTD.

Esquire

With Rami Malek's Safin, 'No Time To Die' Can Make Bond Villains Villainous Again

https://www.esquire.com/uk/latest-news/a28718579/bond-25-no-time-to-die-rami-malek-safin-villain-daniel-craig/
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    She'd better or else? I'm sure she's shaking in her shoes wondering what Bond fans will think of her writing. ;)
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »

I personally hate those kind of endings and that's why TSWLM and YOLT are so low in my ranking, but I know I'm in the minority on that one.

I'm with you on that, @Walecs. I don't hold those battles against TWSLM or YOLT, but I doubt the tone of the Craig era allows for army-vs-army fights. I prefer a Bond who must use his wits to fight his way out of a perilous situation, possibly aided by one or at most two other allies, but certainly not half the coast guard or whatever.

I'm OK without the army attack kind of ending as long as the ending is more complex and exciting than the pre title sequence. This is the problem I have with a lot of the films.