No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    I’m calm. Just annoyed that no one gets their facts straight about Bond in the media and now Empire has joined the ranks.

I love this, @00Dalton7. EON are feeding us so little, they're obviously going for a completely different marketing strategy. At some point, they will launch a missile and it'll take off with a bang. Rather than opting for the slow build-up, they're working on a blitzkrieg of sorts.

But above all, they're testing our (im)patience. I think it's lovely to see fans and magazines succumb to the pressure. At that point, it's all speculation and nothing else. Take this Dr. No rumour for example. How deliciously ridiculous.
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I’m calm. Just annoyed that no one gets their facts straight about Bond in the media and now Empire has joined the ranks.

I love this, @00Dalton7. EON are feeding us so little, they're obviously going for a completely different marketing strategy. At some point, they will launch a missile and it'll take off with a bang. Rather than opting for the slow build-up, they're working on a blitzkrieg of sorts.

But above all, they're testing our (im)patience. I think it's lovely to see fans and magazines succumb to the pressure. At that point, it's all speculation and nothing else. Take this Dr. No rumour for example. How deliciously ridiculous.

Isn’t it just. For my money there won’t be another massive explosion that will rival the one Spectre.

I'm certainly not worried about it.

We'll get the BOND cover issue with set visit, pictures and interviews etc. early next year.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

Isn’t it just. For my money there won’t be another massive explosion that will rival the one Spectre.

We shall see.

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    This guy aint kidding. Two time Emmy nominee for GoT. Prosthetic Makeup artist & Sculptor Patt Foad:

And that's a wrap for us on James Bond - 007 - No Time To Die! I am so proud of what we did and really looking forward to seeing our work on the big screen. A massive thank you to Prosthetics Designer @barriegower and Hair and Makeup Daniel Phillips for the wild ride! #bond #jamesbond #bond25 #notimetodie #ramimalek #danielcraig #prosthetics #prostheticmakeup #makeupartist #makeup #makeupeffects #bgfx[/i]

With him and Barrie Gower (designed the white walker) onboard it makes one wonder what hellish look Malek gonna have.

Previous work on GoT.

I'm very proud to be able to share my Crypt Wight from the final season of Game of Thrones. Sculpted by me and co-applied with @barriegower.

[/quote]

We shall see.

[/quote]

And to clarify there might very well be explosions but it won’t be a world record breaker ala SPECTRE.

If they blow up a model of the villains lair and the lair is bigger than Blofeld base it doesn’t count.

edited October 2019 Posts: 23,524

And to clarify there might very well be explosions but it won’t be a world record breaker ala SPECTRE.

If they blow up a model of the villains lair and the lair is bigger than Blofeld base it doesn’t count.

Sources?
    Thanks @00Dalton7 , unfortunaly you had right: not a good article.
    Contraband wrote: »
    This guy aint kidding. Two time Emmy nominee for GoT. Prosthetic Makeup artist & Sculptor Patt Foad:

And that's a wrap for us on James Bond - 007 - No Time To Die! I am so proud of what we did and really looking forward to seeing our work on the big screen. A massive thank you to Prosthetics Designer @barriegower and Hair and Makeup Daniel Phillips for the wild ride! #bond #jamesbond #bond25 #notimetodie #ramimalek #danielcraig #prosthetics #prostheticmakeup #makeupartist #makeup #makeupeffects #bgfx[/i]

With him and Barrie Gower (designed the white walker) onboard it makes one wonder what hellish look Malek gonna have.

Previous work on GoT.

I'm very proud to be able to share my Crypt Wight from the final season of Game of Thrones. Sculpted by me and co-applied with @barriegower.

Thanks, Contraband. The henchman chasing the girl in Norway wore a mask on one side of his face, so one can only imagine how scarred Safin will be! :D
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    edited October 2019 Posts: 133
    Benny wrote: »
    Anyone called Krazy Kajeevie is surely a dubious source. I’ve seen this guy on Facebook and YouTube and frankly, he knows no more than you or I. Just fan speculation.
    However in this case, the writings in the name.

Little do people know that Kajeevie may have access to some direct sources at Eon... and some of his predictions have started to ring true for NTTD.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Benny wrote: »
    Anyone called Krazy Kajeevie is surely a dubious source. I’ve seen this guy on Facebook and YouTube and frankly, he knows no more than you or I. Just fan speculation.
    However in this case, the writings in the name.

Little do people know that Kajeevie may have access to some direct sources at Eon... and some of his predictions have started to ring true for NTTD.

That's an easy thing to say.
    I may win the lottery.
    As I said, I don't think he's got any more factual info than any other fan. Not that it's a competition.
    Some of his predictions have started to ring true. Well that could be said for anyone following the production closely.
    Examples of which being?

edited October 2019 Posts: 78

Sources?

No sources but one, why do the exact same thing two films in a row?

And two, my gut instincts for BS that go way back to the days of such news as, “World is not enough’s finale being set on New Year’s Eve 1999 with a plot to blow up the Millennium dome”. Or every single next Bond film after Tomorrow Never Dies being called Beyond the Ice/Sea. Plus the rubbish that was Robbie Williams both being the next Bond/singing the title song.

None of it came to pass and I could just tell it wouldn’t in my gut as a Bond fan.

NTTD to me looks (through the set pics etc) like a very stripped back, gritty and interestingly plotted film with no need for such spectacle.

I very much doubt EON or Cary much less Craig have any interest in filming ANOTHER world record sized explosion.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Sources?

No sources just one why do the exact same thing two films in a row?

Countless examples of that.
    Goodness you guys can’t leave it can you? It’s not happening. I’ll take my apologies in April!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Goodness you guys can’t leave it can you? It’s not happening. I’ll take my apologies in April!

I don t think anyone here has said it is happening. We simply don t know, and personally I don t care.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    edited October 2019 Posts: 138
    (
    I don’t think Malek is playing Dr No.

Eon have eschewed ‘rebooting’ iconic characters for over 40 years before they attempted to do it with Christoph Waltz as Blofeld. That experiment produced very mixed results. I think they will be gun-shy to do it again.

Especially, as Malek would be Dr No in name only. It would be far more effective to just give his character a new name and ‘hey presto’ you have a new character. Much in the same way that Silva has joined the pantheon of great Bond villains, I think Malek will attempt to do the same with Safin.

Plus, it doesn’t make sense for Safin to kidnap another scientist, when he himself is a scientist. He’d be far too arrogant to concede in this way.

The Dr No theory is still possible :
    -"Safin" is probably his real name but "Dr No" could be a nickname like some hackers have (i really hope it's not that),
    - Remember that Julius No wasn't the real name of Dr No it 's a pseudonym he choose to show that he rejected his european ancestry (his father was German and his first name was Julius). So "Safin" may be his birth name but he later changed it to Julius (or wathever the name of his father) No in the same purpose (his mother could be from an arabic country, or russian instead of being chinese of course)
    -Possibly it was supposed to be an update version of "Dr No" but Fukunaga and co later decided to make him a totally new character who is more like a vague homage to a famous Bond villain ( like Silva for Scaramanga or Gustav Grave/Colonel Moon for Colonel Sun) and that's why they don't reveal the name at the press conference.

and of course it's possible that the villain has nothing to do with Dr No at all, all of these are pure seculations...
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 5,767
    At least your report is valuable, thanks @00Dalton7 for posting this!
    Actually true reporting in a sea of lamentations by the same people who at the same time give the tabloids a run for their money with their speculations.

You don't win the rights to Blofeld and SPECTRE after decades of court room drama, only to use the character/organisation in one film and throw it away.

Since this is also a new timeline, it makes sense that EON would bring other characters like Dr No. back, to draw audiences to the seats of cinemas around the world.
    I don´t know. Blofeld was widely known at least by name as kind of Bond´s nemesis. Most other names are far less known by the public I´d say. And if they used a well-rememebred name like Goldfinger, people would probably go, "d´oh, now they´ve run out of ideas completely!"
    boldfinger wrote: »
    At least your report is valuable, thanks @00Dalton7 for posting this!
    Actually true reporting in a sea of lamentations by the same people who at the same time give the tabloids a run for their money with their speculations.

You don't win the rights to Blofeld and SPECTRE after decades of court room drama, only to use the character/organisation in one film and throw it away.

Since this is also a new timeline, it makes sense that EON would bring other characters like Dr No. back, to draw audiences to the seats of cinemas around the world.
    I don´t know. Blofeld was widely known at least by name as kind of Bond´s nemesis. Most other names are far less known by the public I´d say. And if they used a well-rememebred name like Goldfinger, people would probably go, "d´oh, now they´ve run out of ideas completely!"

I suspect they would, if they did decide to re-boot some iconic characters (see my earlier post) they would avoid Goldfinger simply because he is so, so specific; he is obsessed with gold and his name sure a shell reflects that, where as others, like Red Grant, Irma Bunt, or Tiger Tanaka are great character names and cool/interesting characters in their own right who could be cleverly reinvented and not jar with the audience. But, as u say, I think a reboot of Goldfinger would not sit well.

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    So Maddie is with Bond in Jamaica then?

What's with all these newbies attacking our values? :-?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    JamesCraig wrote: »

The clairvoyant newbies are my favourite.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

The clairvoyant newbies are my favourite.

;)
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,524

Sources?

- Speed boat chase in LALD and TMWTGG.
    - TSWLM and MR: enough said.
    - Skiing action in TWINE and DAD.
    - Vauxhall Cross explosion in SF, Vauxhall Cross explosion in SP.

Why do it a second time? Because literally no-one in the audience cares if you've done something before, as long as you make it look good.

No apologies either way. I'm not saying it will or must happen; I'm just not following the logic of "they'll never do the same thing twice in a row."
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Sources?

- Speed boat chase in LALD and TMWTGG.
    - TSWLM and MR: enough said.
    - Skiing action in TWINE and DAD.
    - Vauxhall Cross explosion in SF, Vauxhall Cross explosion in SP.

Why do it a second time? Because literally no-one in the audience cares if you've done something before, as long as you make it look good;

Do it the same, but do it different.
    Re the Empire article - MG Wilson doesn't say as fact it is the end of the Craig era. He says
    "It looks like the end of this era"

so it could be Craig is 80 percent done with the role but if there isn't an exciting replacement and/or NTTD does a billion, Craig may return? Perhaps.

edited October 2019 Posts: 78
    Just because I’m a newbie in the forum doesn’t mean I’m a newbie to Bind or my own instincts!

For the record I’m an avid reader of Empire magazine have been since 1995 when I first bought an issue. There has probably been stuff they’ve said before that has been inaccurate and gone unnoticed by me but when I read the article I saw red.

Why are you all so quick to oppose my opinion?

I totally get that other Bond films have things that are repeated however consider the wording in their article “it’s rumoured, worlds biggest explosion”. That a very specific thing, a thing that specifically happened in SPECTRE! A car chase, fist fights etc are less specific.

Empire magazine barely has very little they could write about and padded the article with Chris Hewitt’s conjecture.

I read these forums daily and have done since 2013. I may not contribute much but I know Bond well.

I am extremely certain it’s not in anyone’s interests to reheat the worlds biggest explosion from Spectre.

When have the producers EVER reused concepts from the previous movie if it wasn’t well revived? For Your Eyes only didn’t get made and have everyone deciding “hey, let’s have Bond go to space, again”.

And even if it was a well received film like say, Goldeneye they didn’t suddenly decide to do an ever more impressive bungee jump in TND did they?

I’m not Clairvoyant no but I’ve been right about things like this many, many times in my life. side I could be wrong but of everything in that article I’m pretty sure the only thing that’s true and new info is the villains name.

• HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    It’s obvious that they want to keep Malek’s villain under wraps, even more than the plot or some other characters. The fact that it took so long to learn just his name is quite telling. His appearance will probably be a shocker.
    But he’s definitely not Dr. No. No was a titular character, but he’s not a memorable villain. In the first film, he was just this mysterious figure that nobody has actually met. When he finally appears, he’s even something of a letdown. He’s dull. He’s not impressive in the way Klebb, Goldfinger or Largo are.
    The audiences will be happy to get Felix Leiter back because Jeffrey Wright does a terrific job to portray him and to give him some coolness the character didn’t always have. Blofeld is a household name. But Dr. No wouldn’t be a character that rings a bell outside of a few hardcore fans.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited October 2019 Posts: 8,073
    It’s obvious that they want to keep Malek’s villain under wraps, even more than the plot or some other characters. The fact that it took so long to learn just his name is quite telling. His appearance will probably be a shocker.
    But he’s definitely not Dr. No. No was a titular character, but he’s not a memorable villain. In the first film, he was just this mysterious figure that nobody has actually met. When he finally appears, he’s even something of a letdown. He’s dull. He’s not impressive in the way Klebb, Goldfinger or Largo are.
    The audiences will be happy to get Felix Leiter back because Jeffrey Wright does a terrific job to portray him and to give him some coolness the character didn’t always have. Blofeld is a household name. But Dr. No wouldn’t be a character that rings a bell outside of a few hardcore fans.

The name certainly WOULD ring a bell, since it is the titke of a classic Bond film. Rami has the freedom to redefine the role to whatever he wants.
  • NectouxNectoux São Paulo, Brazil
    One thing we don't have in a long time is Bond facing like a "villain's private army" in a huge set for the climax. Like TSWLM...

TND is almost a remake of that, but not as epic and with uninspired set design.

When I knew about Perla de Las Dunas in QoS and by the explosion shot on the trailer I thought it would be better explored than it was.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Nectoux wrote: »
    One thing we don't have in a long time is Bond facing like a "villain's private army" in a huge set for the climax. Like TSWLM...

TND is almost a remake of that, but not as epic and with uninspired set design.

When I knew about Perla de Las Dunas in QoS and by the explosion shot on the trailer I thought it would be better explored than it was.

I personally hate those kind of endings and that's why TSWLM and YOLT are so low in my ranking, but I know I'm in the minority on that one.