No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• NectouxNectoux São Paulo, Brazil
    edited October 2019 Posts: 22
    The talks about "people gassed on a dance floor", plus the whole Porton Down stuff, genetics and the "algae farm" rumor make me think of one of the first news about villain's "grisliest death in Bond history" and rember me of some very disturbing videos of nerve agents tests that I've found when searching about Porton Down and biochemical warfare.

Things like Sarin (a pun with Safin?) and agent X.

You could search on YouTube old footage of these tests with animals even protected in bunkers. Very disturbing. It's really a grisly way to die. An asphyxia full of pain and convulsions. It's almost impossible to survive (almost, cause with some specific drugs at the right time you can survive Sarin for example).

Maybe that's a clue to how he'll die...
    Will oberhauser be dealt with in the finale ?
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Tuck91 wrote: »

He's in prison and thus not the main villain.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Is that confirmed or more speculation? :)
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Well, I thought that I read on these forums that someone was going to visit him in prison to get help or something?

:-?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

Well, I thought that I read on these forums that someone was going to visit him in prison to get help or something?

Right, so speculation then.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Reminder: Don't remember who but some member here wrote yesterday that he had a source telling him that EON, prod staff, actors are gonna have a big wrap party tonight, at Pinewood I assume.

If that's for real, keep an out for any insta stories; pics, speeches, halabaloo, Babs/Michael thanking Daniel, etc...

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited October 2019 Posts: 7,969
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    Cool! So Malek will have an accent in the film.

I think that's so old-fashioned and a little bit racist to let him speak with an accent.
    He can be a character of russian descent without any accent, when speaking english.

I mean: does Barack Obama speak with a swahili accent, because of his kenyan roots and his name?

It’s not in the least bit “ racist”; this cheapens the meaning of the word .

Right, so speculation then.

Yes. But it could be true. Safin needs to be the main villain.

What appears to be true is that Waltz is in the film as Blofeld, as confirmed by the Hollywood trades a couple months back. And yup, the rumour (from the guy who broke Scott Z Burns involvement) is that ...
    it's Madeleine who visits him in prison to get info on Safin
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,497
    antovolk wrote: »
    What appears to be true is that Waltz is in the film as Blofeld, as confirmed by the Hollywood trades a couple months back. And yup, the rumour (from the guy who broke Scott Z Burns involvement) is that ...
    it's Madeleine who visits him in prison to get info on Safin

There it is.

I feel that he will escape at the end. :|
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Safin.....I can see it:

rami-malek-cover-gq-september-2019-01-lede.jpg

The name sounds cool. It sounds kinda Arabic though. Though, I've found out that there is a Russian tennis player with the same name called Marat Safin. So I think we may be getting a Russian villain - which makes sense given the new Cold War going on with Russia at the moment.

Also, keep your eyes peeled on Lottie Geliot's Instagram page. She's posting photos from the wrap party which is happening as I type:

https://www.instagram.com/lottiegeliot/

There's even a strong argument that Lottie should be in the film. She's stunning and clearly a talented artist:

• If Malek's playing a Russian then maybe some of the Boyle/Hodge draft found its way in after all? Interesting. I think Lynch and Malek are what I'm most excited about. Lynch because they finally seem to have nailed the "Bond's equal" trope with her, and Malek because I don't think he would've signed on if it wasn't a good part. The mask is a really cool idea too imo. Colourful and quirky, the way Bond villains should look. So happy that they seem to have dismissed Dominic Green as a failed experiment.

If we were still getting the Maiouri henchman we'd have heard about that by now though right? Bit disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a clear henchman this time round, was kind of hoping Hinx would get that trend going again. Oh well. Maybe Malek will be a physical enough bad guy to make up for it. The Norway stuff seems to hint that he isn't afraid to get his hands dirty, we might get one or two decent scraps between him and Bond.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    If Malek's playing a Russian then maybe some of the Boyle/Hodge draft found its way in after all? Interesting. I think Lynch and Malek are what I'm most excited about. Lynch because they finally seem to have nailed the "Bond's equal" trope with her, and Malek because I don't think he would've signed on if it wasn't a good part. The mask is a really cool idea too imo. Colourful and quirky, the way Bond villains should look. So happy that they seem to have dismissed Dominic Green as a failed experiment.

If we were still getting the Maiouri henchman we'd have heard about that by now though right? Bit disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a clear henchman this time round, was kind of hoping Hinx would get that trend going again. Oh well. Maybe Malek will be a physical enough bad guy to make up for it. The Norway stuff seems to hint that he isn't afraid to get his hands dirty, we might get one or two decent scraps between him and Bond.

I think some might be assuming that the Russian angle came from Hodge/Boyle, when that angle might have started with P&W.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,279
    The name sounds cool. It sounds kinda Arabic though. Though, I've found out that there is a Russian tennis player with the same name called Marat Safin. So I think we may be getting a Russian villain - which makes sense given the new Cold War going on with Russia at the moment.

@Pierce2Daniel Looks like it might be Arabic (if it's a first name)?
    https://www.moonastro.com/babyname/baby name safin meaning.aspx

A Russian angle (and name for that matter) might be more likely though.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,018
    From Olivier Schneider, Stunt / Fight Coordinator , Second Unit Director, Director

Craig & stunt team, and more pics

JXWu8C9.jpg
    0Ng9x6a.jpg
    UfIhtRb.jpg
    vPxiUYv.jpg
    fwrHYi1.jpg
    9kUGk8k.jpg
    mEcD2z6.jpg
    c9gj6K0.jpg
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    So happy that they seem to have dismissed Dominic Green as a failed experiment.

?
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 12,837
    Walecs wrote: »

?

Forster talked about how he wanted a more realistic bad guy, no gimmicks or physical deformities. Just a slimy businessman type. But it didn't work (is anyone's favourite Bond villain Dominic Green?) and straight after that we were thankfully back to more Flemingesque colourful, larger than life, usually deformed types. Which I'm glad about personally. Know it gets a lot of love on here but I really do think QoS in general was a massive misstep. Glad they changed course.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

?

Forster talked about how he wanted a more realistic bad guy, no gimmicks or physical deformities. Just a slimy businessman type. But it didn't work (is anyone's favourite Bond villain Dominic Green?)

I thought he was nearly really good: he's certainly played very well.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    mtm wrote: »

?

Forster talked about how he wanted a more realistic bad guy, no gimmicks or physical deformities. Just a slimy businessman type. But it didn't work (is anyone's favourite Bond villain Dominic Green?)

I thought he was nearly really good: he's certainly played very well.

He was creepy but never projected true menace; on top of this, his henchmen were weak and ineffective.
    With that said QoS has worked its way up my rankings. One wonders what it could have been with a bit more work on the script and better editing.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Wrap party is going on here:

grhvBc2.jpg
    ggl007 wrote: »

grhvBc2.jpg

Where is that? And who's account?
    Also, keep your eyes peeled on Lottie Geliot's Instagram page. She's posting photos from the wrap party which is happening as I type:

There's even a strong argument that Lottie should be in the film. She's stunning and clearly a talented artist:
    Cringe. That was very neckbeard-y.
    Contraband wrote: »

grhvBc2.jpg

Where is that? And who's account?

grhvBc2.jpg

Never mind. Found it. Marie Mouroum

But still don't no where that is?
    So the name is Safin! :-bd A NEW villain and rightly so in my opinion. Will have to go take a look at Empire magazine once it is out! Read and look at the bit about NTTD undercover?!!! B-) :))
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Safin? Either we're getting another Oberhauser treatment with the return of Dr No. or he's a russian algae farmer, as per the recent reports. Maybe they've done away with the literary version of Dr No. who used to operate a guano mine, and he nows farms ALGAE!!!.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

?

Forster talked about how he wanted a more realistic bad guy, no gimmicks or physical deformities. Just a slimy businessman type. But it didn't work (is anyone's favourite Bond villain Dominic Green?) and straight after that we were thankfully back to more Flemingesque colourful, larger than life, usually deformed types. Which I'm glad about personally. Know it gets a lot of love on here but I really do think QoS in general was a massive misstep. Glad they changed course.
    I like Greene. He's one of my most favourite villains and I'm actually satisfied with what Forster did. If it were for me, Forster would have directed all Bond movies following QoS. In my opinion he's the one who got Bond the most after Peter Hunt.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Would anyone say there is a chance the first teaser trailer will not be released by 19th December (when Star Wars 9 premieres)? If so, please speak up!
  • Forster talked about how he wanted a more realistic bad guy, no gimmicks or physical deformities. Just a slimy businessman type. But it didn't work (is anyone's favourite Bond villain Dominic Green?) and straight after that we were thankfully back to more Flemingesque colourful, larger than life, usually deformed types. Which I'm glad about personally. Know it gets a lot of love on here but I really do think QoS in general was a massive misstep. Glad they changed course.
    Agree, re: Greene. A forgettable villain and was never truly menacing.

• DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom

?

I like Greene. He's one of my most favourite villains and I'm actually satisfied with what Forster did. If it were for me, Forster would have directed all Bond movies following QoS. In my opinion he's the one who got Bond the most after Peter Hunt.

It would have been good to see QOS without the behind the scenes issues. Forster had a great eye.