No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    If Bond is retired in Jamaica with Madeleine, I'm not sure if it makes sense for Armas to have scenes there. Could the cast simply be staying in Port Antonio before flying back home?
    Is there a possibility that they'll shoot scenes in Jamaica featuring in the film as Jamaica, and scenes that aren't?
    jake24 wrote: »
    If Bond is retired in Jamaica with Madeleine, I'm not sure if it makes sense for Armas to have scenes there. Could the cast simply be staying in Port Antonio before flying back home?

Possible I suppose.
    Is there a possibility that they'll shoot scenes in Jamaica featuring in the film as Jamaica, and scenes that aren't?

Also always a possibility. Although I think the intention this time (unlike LALD) is very much for Jamaica to feature as Jamaica
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,235
    Getafix wrote: »

Also always a possibility. Although I think the intention this time (unlike LALD) is very much for Jamaica to feature as Jamaica

Yes, that is likely and preferable; I was just thinking that if cast members that aren't going to feature in scenes taking place in Jamaica are still there, that they might also film a few scenes that won't feature as Jamaica too. Making most out of the locations and the time they're there, in other words.

Jamaica might have a few film studio places too?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

Yes, that is likely and preferable; I was just thinking that if cast members that aren't going to feature in scenes taking place in Jamaica are still there, that they might also film a few scenes that won't feature as Jamaica too. Making most out of the locations and the time they're there, in other words.
    An opportunity to realize the fictional Republic of Nambutu!
    QBranch wrote: »

An opportunity to realize the fictional Republic of Nambutu!

Yes, something like that! I mean, if the story requires and/or opens up the possibility to use a generic sunny (tropical) location as well as the more picturesque ones, they might shoot that in Jamaica.

In the same way as the generic Norway location (which can double as any snowy place in the film).
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 11,425

I don't know what Jamaica has in terms of film studio capacity. Not much I suspect and Bond is using Pinewood anyway, so Jamaica will be strictly for location shooting. Entirely possible I suppose that some shots could double for somewhere else but as the film is already shooting in Norway and Italy any way and there's no suggestion of other locations in the story I doubt it.

Jamaica looks like a Caribean island so unless they want to set other parts of the movie in another Caribean island I cannot see much use for filming other locations there.

I don't know what Jamaica has in terms of film studio capacity. Not much I suspect and Bond is using Pinewood anyway, so Jamaica will be strictly for location shooting. Entirely possible I suppose that some shots could double for somewhere else but as the film is already shooting in Norway and Italy any way and there's no suggestion of other locations in the story I doubt it.

You are probably right. I was just suggesting it as a possibility. :-)

Jamaica might have a key role location wise since several cast members are still there, and others are flying in (Dencik next week, for example).

Cant wait to see Dencik in the film, btw. Brilliant casting.
    Yep Dencik is a great choice. He's brilliant.

I really sense that quite a large chunk of the film is going to be set in Jamaica and they want it to have a solidly Jamaican flavour. Dr No is largely set in Jamaica and it works well. The country hopping came later.

I hope the talk of it being Bond's spiritual home is not just warm words and that they follow through in a more profound way by really capturing the magic of the place. Not just another glossy location but a real place.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Dencik is quite brilliant, fantastic casting, can't fault who they've bought on board.
    Yep Dencik is a great choice. He's brilliant.

I really sense that quite a large chunk of the film is going to be set in Jamaica and they want it to have a solidly Jamaican flavour. Dr No is largely set in Jamaica and it works well. The country hopping came later.

I hope the talk of it being Bond's spiritual home is not just warm words and that they follow through in a more profound way by really capturing the magic of the place. Not just another glossy location but a real place.

Agree on all points. Hope they make the most out of the location (and the other locations too, of course).
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Dencik is quite brilliant, fantastic casting, can't fault who they've bought on board.

Indeed, they have a good cast on board. Not to familiar with Ana de Armas and Lashana Lynch, but I'm sure they're both suitable for the roles they've been cast as.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What would be the point of finally filming in Jamaica again, if it is supposed to be San Monique or whatever? The Fleming connection and DN is enough to make the island iconic in Bond lore.
    Very interesting that Billy Magnussen is in Jamaica!

It seems that the CIA are involved in the mission to save the scientist. I think Magnussen May play a minion of Felix’s.

Though I have a very very bad feeling for Felix. I think he’ll end up either dead or maimed (ala LTK) and Magnussen will be Bond’s CIA link.

Does Magnussen being in Jamaica lessen the likelihood of him being an evil CIA agent?
    billymagnussen-0.jpg?w968

I mean he looks like a douchebag
    Wonder if the second unit will be capturing any carnival footage in Kingston?

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news/20190427/traffic-changes-carnival-road-marches-tomorrow

I hope Bond is seen reading the Gleaner - would be a nice link back to Dr. NO
    Very interesting that Billy Magnussen is in Jamaica!

It seems that the CIA are involved in the mission to save the scientist. I think Magnussen May play a minion of Felix’s.

Though I have a very very bad feeling for Felix. I think he’ll end up either dead or maimed (ala LTK) and Magnussen will be Bond’s CIA link.

Does Magnussen being in Jamaica lessen the likelihood of him being an evil CIA agent?
    billymagnussen-0.jpg?w968

I mean he looks like a douchebag

In what capacity of the word?
    Maybe it's Felix getting maimed or dead that spurs Bond back into duty? Hope not, though.
    There are sharks in Caribbean waters. Just saying.
    Univex wrote: »
    Maybe it's Felix getting maimed or dead that spurs Bond back into duty? Hope not, though.

Yes. Not necessary IMO. But a possibility. They can't kill off Felix and Maddy surely?
    I guess Bond has been aping other genres for years. Was it Infinity War where they 'shockingly' killed off a bunch of lead characters?

Yes. Not necessary IMO. But a possibility. They can't kill off Felix and Maddy surely?
    I guess Bond has been aping other genres for years. Was it Infinity War where they 'shockingly' killed off a bunch of lead characters?

I just can’t see them killing Madeleine.

In a post-#MeToo world - and especially with Waller-Bridge writing - I cant see them ‘fridging’ Madeleine to spur Bond on his mission. It be too easy and obvious.

In a post-#MeToo world - and especially with Waller-Bridge writing - I cant see them ‘fridging’ Madeleine to spur Bond on his mission. It be too easy and obvious.

Yeah. I personally thinks it's more likely she's a Spectre agent. Also would open up new romantic opportunities.
    Wonder if the second unit will be capturing any carnival footage in Kingston?

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news/20190427/traffic-changes-carnival-road-marches-tomorrow

I hope Bond is seen reading the Gleaner - would be a nice link back to Dr. NO
    I would love this. Would give it a Thunderball flavor.

Not to mention, I doubt Seydoux would mention exploring Madeleine further if she's just back to be offed.

I'd say they kill or maim Felix, Bond feels compelled to come back and both Madeleine and him know that if he goes, it's the end for them. But he just can't let go, and rightfully so. So they part. Along the way, she gets threatened so Malek can get to Bond, and he has to save her once more. Or she does the saving, I don't know. Something like this.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I think it's Madeleine or Felix that'll be offed.

Yes, I think it's almost inevitable. Although I'll always believe that offing Mathis was a big mistake, along with the writing around it. And I'd hate it if Felix was given the same treatment.

Yes, I think it's almost inevitable. Although I'll always believe that offing Mathis was a big mistake, along with the writing around it. And I'd hate it if Felix was given the same treatment.

Killing Mathis didn't really add anything and yes the writing was cr*p. Running theme thru the Craig era.

And then be thrown in a dumpster.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

God, I hope not...
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Elevated! Top of the heap! A tribute!