No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    This would have been the perfect opportunity for Heineken to drop their TV spot with Craig. Oh well...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    00Agent wrote: »
    This would have been the perfect opportunity for Heineken to drop their TV spot with Craig. Oh well...

Are they not more likely to do that when the film is coming out?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Looks like we’ll be getting a tuxedo sequence in Cuba :) At first glance I wasn’t sure, but I’m really digging it
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    We have a poster! Where’s the damn trailer?!
  • RC7RC7
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    We have a poster! Where’s the damn trailer?!

Chill.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited October 2019 Posts: 972
    That teaser poster seems so rushed.... Nice. But looks rushed.
    Number of days between first SF poster and first SF trailer: 4
    Number of days between first SP poster and first SP trailer: 11
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Can’t wait to see this Cuba sequence :) And I personally love the poster, love the look of Craig and love the pop of that blue in the background.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    It's basically a glorified production still, but I like it. The colours pop and it looks good.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Can’t wait to see this Cuba sequence :)

And I personally love the poster, love the look of Craig and love the pop of that blue in the background.

Yes, I like it too. It's more mood and character then the usual teaser and I think Craig looks v good - yes, he appears older because, guess what, he is older, but that doesn't mean he doesn't look sharp and as dangerous as ever.

• NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Does anyone else think that we might get a few other so called “posters” dropping throughout the day with a Teaser to wrap up the celebrations...???
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 2,598
    As much as I love Craig, I must say he is looking pretty old now. Most will probably disagree but I wouldn’t be against a bit of de aging technology like they did with De Niro in The Irishman if they chose to do this which they won’t.

Simple but a nice poster. I like how the rough, beautiful blue colored wall has been combined with the smooth Craig. Definitely better than the QOS and SP posters. In terms of the tux, I don’t care either way if he wears one or not as if I remember correctly, the Fleming literary Bond never wore one and this is wear my beliefs lay.

What? No, “The Man With The Golden Gun Avenue”? ;)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    The great thing about that poster is it looks very real seems like a scene from the movie not some pretenious pose to look cool. They are taking a different approach.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The great thing about that poster is it looks very real seems like a scene from the movie not some pretenious pose to look cool. They are taking a different approach.
    +1
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    Hmm. The poster. It isn’t even poster shaped! It’s too wise the dimensions are all off. The text to image ratio is off too.
    He looks mildly worried?

I wondered if this was released because they had nothing prepared and slapped it together quickly?

The fan poster of Bond and the Vantage was better.

Blues nice though.
    Verrrry interesting take for a teaser poster. Far less stylized and studio-shot than all the recent ones. An action shot + title vs. a Photoshop creation. Not what I was expecting at all, but I'm far more interested in what it says about the kind of film we'll see.

Nice to have something official!
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Verrrry interesting take for a teaser poster. Far less stylized and studio-shot than all the recent ones. An action shot + title vs. a Photoshop creation. Not what I was expecting at all, but I'm far more interested in what it says about the kind of film we'll see.

Nice to have something official
    !

About those two things: Absolutely! Well said.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    The poster is extremely disappointing. But at least we know Bond will wear a tuxedo in Cuba, which is cool.
    matt_u wrote: »
    The poster is extremely disappointing. But at least we know Bond will wear a tuxedo in Cuba, which is cool.

And a very nice tux it is by the looks of it. A shawl lapel black dinner jacket with a very nice bowtie to go with it. Nice.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    matt_u wrote: »
    Yeah, it's awful. Agreed about Cuba. Very curious about those scenes.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Univex wrote: »
    I'll be very surprised if nothing pops up tomorrow, a poster, stills, a teaser, anything really. Only because they have their own Global day. I mean, does any other film franchise have a Global day? So they should use it, right? Besides, how long has it been since Babs told our man Fox that the trailer was good and ready and we wouldn't have to wait for too long? And local Universal representatives have said that tomorrow the title for each country/language will be revealed. How so? In a poster? Oh well, who knows? Still, fingers crossed for tomorrow.

It's gotta be something, I'm sure. We all hope for the teaser, naturally, but the caveat is that it could be 'just' the poster, indeed. We'll see.

To answer your question on films with special days: Star Wars has May the 4th obviously, and major Harry Potter news sometimes drops on July 31st, both Harry's fictional birth day and J.K. Rowling's one. But I can't think of any more.

Halloween. Anyone knows when?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Larger version on their story.

0RLAxxn.jpg
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    The Instagram-story one looks better somehow.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Jeffrey wrote: »
    Well the others have obviously been cropped for the Instagram posts so the official poster should be the story one.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,272
    Well the others have obviously been cropped for the Instagram posts so the official poster should be the story one.

True.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited October 2019 Posts: 1,884
    The poster in a word: meh. The worst of Craig's imho.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    edited October 2019 Posts: 308

The title is also placed lower and more to the right (on the story one).
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    The poster in a word: meh. The worst of Craig's imho.

As is the case with so many recent movieposters, this one looks quite "photoshopped".
  • Craig looks good, but not a fan of the poster at all, was hoping for something with a little more... effort.