No Time to Die production thread

Comments

mtm wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Could anyone around Matera confirm if the balcony set is still there? And why?

@Contraband confirmed it yesterday, I think. Why? No idea.

Well just because the photo was posted yesterday it doesn't mean it was taken yesterday.

Not what I say, @mtm. I said @Contraband confirmed it. I remember he had a time stamp on that photo and said something to that effect.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    @mtm

Viewed through "years and mileage"-glasses ...yes, I agree with you. The Golden Globe/Emmy/Oscar-winner, Rami Malek is certainly the lesser star ;-)

People win Oscars and disappear all the time. Jean Dujardin is a bigger star than Daniel Craig? In France, maybe, sure. Is Mahershala Ali a bigger star than the guy who gave him the trophy?
    I love Olivia Colman, but the idea that because she won an Oscar that makes her more world famous than 007 is ridiculous :)

If you think Malek is the big star of No Time To Die let's see who gets top billing ;)

tumblr_o6hpzgSudV1vtns04o1_500.gif

This reminds me I got to watch the OSS 117 films again soon!

giphy.gif

RogueAgent wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Well I am off all week so bring it on baby!! Sadly I am decorating for most of it! Gotta take the rough with the smooth! :))

Decorating with Norwich colours? :-D

The colour is Andalucia which funnily enough is a yellow! \:D/ But my good lady is now unsure? 2nd undercoat goes on tomorrow so she ain't got long to decide before the colour is applied on Thursday and Friday. :bz

You have to convince her to add a touch of green! ;)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,018

Well just because the photo was posted yesterday it doesn't mean it was taken yesterday.

Not what I say, @mtm. I said @Contraband confirmed it. I remember he had a time stamp on that photo and said something to that effect.

@mtm What @Univex said
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Did he? Fair enough; if we know for sure it was taken yesterday then okay. How do you get a time stamp from Insta?

Did he? Fair enough; if we know for sure it was taken yesterday then okay. How do you get a time stamp from Insta?

His worthing was the time stamp. He said the photo was taken "insert time stamp". And he's just confirmed it again on the post above yours ;)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2019 Posts: 14,861

His worthing was the time stamp. He said the photo was taken "insert time stamp". And he's just confirmed it again on the post above yours ;)

Sorry I didn't get a word of that. Worthing? In Sussex? :D Where do you get a time stamp from?
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,673

Sorry I didn't get a word of that. Worthing? In Sussex? :D Where do you get a time stamp from?

Damn it, man, worfing, I mean working....I mean WORDING! It's late here in Sussex, I mean, wherever I am.
    :)
    I just take @Contraband worth...I mean word for hit...I mean...it.

But you already know all of this, don't you?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Damn it, man, worfing, I mean working....I mean WORDING! It's late here in Sussex, I mean, wherever I am.

Heh! Ah okay; well his wording was that the 'pic was from yesterday', but what I'm saying is that, unless I'm missing something, I can post a photo I took several weeks ago and put it on Instagram now- I don't know how you can tell when it was taken..? Is there a way? Does it keep the metadata?
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,673

Heh! Ah okay; well his wording was that the 'pic was from yesterday', but what I'm saying is that, unless I'm missing something, I can post a photo I took several weeks ago and put it on Instagram now- I don't know how you can tell when it was taken..? Is there a way? Does it keep the metadata?

Ask @Contraband, man. I'm sure he'll oblige with an answer, him being more of a cool customer than I'll ever be.

Besides, it was @ggl007 question, and I'm sure he's more than satisfied with the answer ;)

@Torgeirtrap, you've given me an idea, I'll rewatch OSS 117 right after UNCLE. It'll make for a fun evening. Which I desperately need right about now.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Ask @Contraband, man. I'm sure he'll oblige with an answer, him being more of a cool customer than I'll ever be.

Oh okay: you seemed very sure. It was only a passing comment.

Some girl posted 2-3 pics of the room/balcony, think it was yesterday. When I saw it had been posted 20 min earlier.

I'll meet you halfway @mtm No, I don't know if she had taken those last week and just yesteray posted them on instagram.

But then again, how many people take pics and wait a week or so? I would say very few.

Contact Sassilive, he would know since he is local reporter in Matera.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Some girl posted 2-3 pics of the room/balcony, think it was yesterday. When I saw it had been posted 20 min earlier.

I'll meet you halfway @mtm No, I don't know if she had taken those last week and just yesteray posted them on instagram.

But then again, how many people take pics and wait a week or so? I would say very few.

Contact Sassilive, he would know since he is local reporter in Matera.

@ggl007 from 007Archivo wanted to know, @Contraband. So I'll put his name here for reference. Cheers you guys, have a nice night. Let's hope the week'll bring us some surprise presents ;)
    @Torgeirtrap, you've given me an idea, I'll rewatch OSS 117 right after UNCLE. It'll make for a fun evening. Which I desperately need right about now.

Never thought about doing this before, but that sure makes a great triple feature (and one I could need too). They should work well together not only because they're spy comedies, but also because they're all period pieces as well as being a modern take on existing titles (one being a film series and the other being a TV show).
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Right, okay; all that talk of 'time stamps' and you 'confirming it' really confused me! :)

That's all I'm saying; it might not be right now- it's hard to say. Don't take it as a personal affront: we're all grateful for your digging! :)

Right, okay; all that talk of time stamps really confused me! :)

That's all I'm saying; it might not be right now- it's hard to say. Don't take it as a personal affront: we're all grateful for your digging! :)

No problem
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Either they filmed Malek's scenes on location in secrecy or it was all done behind closed doors at Pinewood.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,838
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Either they filmed Malek's scenes on location in secrecy or it was all done behind closed doors at Pinewood.
    Wasn't Bardem only spotted once in London in the police uniform? I don't remember him being spotted either, and we know he obviously know now he was filming in Scotland.

daniel-craig-skyfall-filming-02.jpg
  • Maybe Malek's scenes are all indoors.

Hope he has a villain lair.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Maybe Malek's scenes are all indoors.

@FrankXavier They can also fake outdoors like the Silva and Bond shooting scene in Skyfall :)

As well as the Skyfall lodge; the ice lake specifically.

I would have thought he would've filmed in Scotland, but possibly not.
  • mtm wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    I find this very strange since he's a bigger star than Craig.

I think that's very questionable: he's only really made one big film so far and a TV show that's not really that well known. Craig's a bigger worldwide star.

Actually I've just realised that I've never seen Malek act! :)

Malek feels more like he's at the beginnings of being a 'star'. Bohemian Rhapsody really brought him to public attention. I must admit I've only seen him in 24 and Bohemian Rhapsody.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Wasn't Bardem only spotted once in London in the police uniform? I don't remember him being spotted either, and we know he obviously know now he was filming in Scotland.

Well not Scotland: Skyfall lodge was in Surrey- I visited it! :)

But yeah; apart from the London chase all of his scenes were in the studio (the Chinese island was a set on the backlot, wasn't it?) and some shots on the common in Surrey where the house was which I presume they shot on location, but maybe not.

And in Spectre Blofeld had scenes on location in the crater base which no-one saw being shot, and the Rome funeral scene which I haven't seen any shots of him at either. You don't have to do tonnes of location filming to be a baddie! :)

• DenbighDenbigh UK

Well not Scotland: Skyfall lodge was in Surrey! :)

But yeah; apart from the London chase all of his scenes were in the studio (the Chinese island was a set on the backlot, wasn't it?) and some shots on the common in Surrey where the house was which I presume they shot on location, but maybe not.

And in Spectre Blofeld had scenes on location in the crater base which no-one saw being shot, and the Rome funeral scene which I haven't seen any shots of him at either. You don't have to do tonnes of location filming to be a baddie! :)
    Oh yeah haha :) And good point about Blofeld, although we did get that London bridge photos with the dots on his face, which was a huge spoiler for the film.
  • Denbigh wrote: »
    Maybe Malek's scenes are all indoors.

@FrankXavier They can also fake outdoors like the Silva and Bond shooting scene in Skyfall :)

As well as the Skyfall lodge; the ice lake specifically.

I would have thought he would've filmed in Scotland, but possibly not.
    I love SF but it was a shame the Island lair wasn't used more!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Well not Scotland: Skyfall lodge was in Surrey! :)

Oh yeah haha :) And good point about Blofeld, although we did get that London bridge photos with the dots on his face, which was a huge spoiler for the film.

Yes indeed: I guess it's rare for a baddie not to be seen at all, but as you say we barely saw the last two at all so it seems not too bizarre not to see Malek out and about.

Picking a Bond film at random, for us to have caught a glimpse of Drax in Moonraker we'd have to have had some guys hiding up trees in the grouse shooting scene: I don't think he sets foot outside at any other point, does he? And then we'd all be worried he'd be dressed like that for the whole film! :)
    How about Trevelyan in GoldenEye? I don't think he ever left the studio/backlot did he? Same with Carver; Le Chiffre had a scene in that park in the UK as 'Africa' but that might've been about it. They don't always get a lot of airing.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Isn't Malek's Colbert interview supposed to air tomorrow?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The mystery makes the trailer so much more exciting :)

And @jake24, my fingers are crossed that we get the trailer but we'll see.
    I think malek appears at the end and bond and swann try to get a child back
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I think malek appears at the end and bond and swann try to get a child back
    Only at the end? and again this child stuff should be taken with a pinch of salt. I'm sure this isn't gonna play out how people are predicting. We still know too little at this point despite everything we've seen to be able to piece things together fully, which is great. Plus the only children seen in photographs were in the background with crew so hard to tell whether they're part of the scene or just related to a crew member?

Also just to add, does anyone else think the consistent reports regarding filming in Matera has done wonders for the film's marketing? When I looked online (Twitter mainly) I saw a lot of positivity about it all, including the photos we saw of Lashana Lynch's 007 who has unfortunately been receiving some heavily backlash, but again the talk around those photos of her in Matera were thankfully positive :)
    Malek was almolst certainly not in Jamaica or Cuba. I doubt he’s in London on location anywhere. This leaves Norway at the start and end
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Malek was almolst certainly not in Jamaica or Cuba. I doubt he’s in London on location anywhere. This leaves Norway at the start and end
    He could still appear in Jamaica or Cuba through sets at Pinewood? Especially seeing as "Cuba" seems to be mainly based at Pinewood with some use of Jamaica as a stand in it seems.