No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Yes @antovolk
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I remember the Spectre teaser. Man, it looked so good. It was really well done. Can’t wait for the NTTD one.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I remember the Spectre teaser. Man, it looked so good. It was really well done. Can’t wait for the NTTD one.
    Yup. Even if the film ends up being garbage, I fully expect to be wowed by the trailers.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The Spectre trailer is great, but the Skyfall Teaser Trailer has always been iconic to me :)
    The teasers have been better than the trailers, that's for sure. Loved the SF teaser with th word association. And the SP on with the OHMSS theme.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Univex wrote: »
    The teasers have been better than the trailers, that's for sure. Loved the SF teaser with th word association. And the SP on with the OHMSS theme.

The SP-OHMSS trailer wasn't the teaser.
  • Universal has a habit of giving away the whole movie in the trailer. Whilst I'm excited to see the trailer, I will try to be cautious and not hope for the exact same we got for SF and SPl
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Denbigh wrote: »
    The Spectre trailer is great, but the Skyfall Teaser Trailer has always been iconic to me :)

That's a good trailer: I always loved that shot of Bond firing whilst walking in the court room and was sad it didn't make it to the film.
    I've only just noticed there's a shot of him having a jog in a park that isn't in the film either! :)
    Univex wrote: »

The SP-OHMSS trailer wasn't the teaser.

Oh yeah, you're right. Than I still prefer the SF teaser.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,018
    OT: Lucy Boynton, Rami Maleks girlfriend I believe, on Kimmel last night.

MGM Theater, Beverly Hills

• GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Contraband wrote: »

What a fantastic font choice. You can get these wonderful promo outings out of it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

What a fantastic font choice. You can get these wonderful promo outings out of it.

If you didn’t have foyer staff who don’t realise it’s supposed to be an ‘M’! :)
    mtm wrote: »

If you didn’t have foyer staff who don’t realise it’s supposed to be an ‘M’! :)

I think the guy in front of it stole it. He looks like a thief anyway :-P.
    He actually writes:
    stevedoesmagic
    Made half the letter ‘M’ vanish! 🤣 #notimetodie #007 #bond25

• edited October 2019 Posts: 17,279

That's the thing; font choices and logos are not only how you see them on a poster. Other considerations as to how they can use it in marketing is also a factor – be it how they can animate it, display it on promo material like this, etc.

The guy at Empire Design who made the Spectre logo commented on a design website as to why they used the font Gotham as the basis for the logo that "…the decision was practical as much as it was aesthetic. We’ve just finished adapting the title style for use in something like 20 different languages."

This shows the work that goes behind the making of title logo designs.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited October 2019 Posts: 2,496
    BZuZdRE.jpg

Rami Malek briefly spoke about NTTD on the 'Today Show' this morning.

https://bondonthebox.wordpress.com/2019/10/02/rami-malek-talks-no-time-to-die-on-the-today-show/

Interestly, he says it "was extraordinary". Could the use of past tense mean he has completed filming his scenes? He also mentions working with DC and PWB.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Does seem a bit past tensey, doesn’t it?

Are they definitely still shooting?
    That’s very surprising to hear. Did they really manage to keep almost all his scenes secret? Very interesting.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Interview Rami Malek

I’m starting to think waltz is the lead villian again
  • RC7RC7
    Tuck91 wrote: »

He’s not.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    BZuZdRE.jpg

Rami Malek briefly spoke about NTTD on the 'Today Show' this morning.

https://bondonthebox.wordpress.com/2019/10/02/rami-malek-talks-no-time-to-die-on-the-today-show/

Interestly, he says it "was extraordinary". Could the use of past tense mean he has completed filming his scenes? He also mentions working with DC and PWB.

Direct link

https://www.today.com/video/rami-malek-discusses-the-final-season-of-mr-robot-70331973689
    Tuck91 wrote: »

I'm starting to think that (well, I Always thought that):

--> Rami Malek plays the lead villain when it comes down to screen time. He is possibly 2nd in command of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. Perhaps he even plays a reimagined Doctor Julius No, aided by another Dr and assistant to Julius No: Dr. Vogel. Malek and Millar will be the prime executioners of the villain's plot, like Largo and Fiona were in "Thunderball".

--> Christoph Waltz plays Blofeld again as 1st in command of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. This time around his screen time is more limited as opposed to the 24th Bond-film. He will be the key 'puppet master' in a similar style as in "From Russia With Love". MI6 thinks Blofeld is safely behind bars, but some plot twist will make it visible to audiences that Blofeld is key to the villain's scheme, but MI6, Leiter, Lynch and Bond are unaware of his revived power.

--> Both roles will be written in such an exquisite way, that many Bond-fans leave the cinema coming April with shaky legs >:D< .
    Rami also taped interview with Stephen Colbert, should air tonight. In my world it's pointless to watch any of them. He's plugging Mr Robot, and tightlipped on NTTD
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @Tuck91 There’s no reason to think that.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,554
    Malek didn't come across as "weird" and "creepy," as I had understood him to be. Perhaps his reputation as being such (weird and creepy) is greatly exaggerated.

And based on his verb usage and body language: yes, he is done filming. Unbelievable how sneaky EON has been with this filming.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I thought Malek still had to begin filming his scenes. Well, nice to hear that he is done filming.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Walecs wrote: »
    I thought Malek still had to begin filming his scenes. Well, nice to hear that he is done filming.
    @Walecs Spectre has definitely influenced them for the better.