No Time to Die production thread

Comments

octofinger wrote: »
    I think part of the trouble with piecing together the plot elements is that many people - through no fault of their own, I'll add - are taking as fact things that might still be pure speculation.

The wedding, the car chase in Norway, the appearance of Blofeld, the female 007, Bon'd failed attempts at seduction, &c - how solid are all of our sources on this?

Have we ruled out that all Norway scenes weren't actually for Black Widow? Have we confirmed that the casting call for 'young Seydoux' was actually for Bond and not for her other current film project?

It's a testament to how tight a ship EON are (finally) running, and to how starved their fanbase is for content!

The Norway shoot was Bond. The casting call times with the Norway shoot and makes sense based on the images we have seen showing a young girl, with blonde hair like Madeleine, escaping from a masked man (Malek?) on the ice lake. We also know Blofeld makes an appearance of some kind; Waltz was seen at Pinewood Studios while NTTD was filming there, and he even attempted to hush those who spotted him at the studio. We know, from the many location photos and reports, there is some kind of car pursuit in Norway which they continued to film in Scotland. So that's all solid.

• New photos in Italy.... We can see that Lashana and Lea have scenes together!!!! Nomi means serious business!

18966354-7508081-image-a-105_1569507396214.jpg
    18966356-7508081-Lashana-a-116_1569508833959.jpg
    18966350-7508081-image-a-101_1569505712012.jpg
    18966352-7508081-image-a-102_1569506897579.jpg
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 848
    What we would do if DailyMail didn't exist ?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Holy shit, looks like someone's going to war.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Those are some humongous boots Nomi is wearing ;) Well, at least it's not a cartoony leather suit.

67509f1218b0360f0c909f499f95c5fe.jpg

Wai-Lin-8.jpg

This new take on what an agent combat garment should look like is more realistic, I think.
  • Awesome.
    I really like Nomi’s getup. Also, loving Cary’s A Clockwork Orange shirt!
  • New photos in Italy.... We can see that Lashana and Lea have scenes together!!!! Nomi means serious business!

Do we think this is linked to the Norway filming? Presence of v8, Lashana etc. and on a beach?
    What we would do if DailyMail didn't exist ?

"As they shoot action -packed scenes on the beach"

Hmm...
    00Agent wrote: »
    Holy shit, looks like someone's going to war.

Yup.

Would not be surprised if this is part of the final act..
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    edited September 2019 Posts: 431
    Univex wrote: »
    Those are some humongous boots Nomi is wearing ;) Well, at least it's not a cartoony leather suit.

67509f1218b0360f0c909f499f95c5fe.jpg

Wai-Lin-8.jpg

This new take on what an agent combat garment should look like is more realistic, I think.

I get such a hugeeeeeeeeee smile on my face now. As a matter of fact @Univex, I was laughing my buts off @Univex :)) ^:)^ .

But indeed, Nomi looks like one hell of an SAS-agent :-P. Damn… And Cary. OMG would love to cuddle him hehe.
  • I seriously doubt the whole Sting and Jack Savoretti thing. The producers typically go for someone who is popular and “of the moment” at the time to help boost marketing/publicity, Sting and Jack Savoretti are definitely NOT that. Frankly, the Ed Sheeran rumours make a lot more sense. As well, if this is the source that gave us Genoma of a Woman then I’m not sure how credible it is.

As for the new Italy pics, I’m loving Lashana’s tactical look and am curious if the location is doubling for Norway.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Thanks, @GertGettler.

Although frankly, I wouldn't want to cuddle with Cary nor Nomi ;)

Cary's Kubrick fandom keeps showing, right? Good for him and for us.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2019 Posts: 14,928
    But indeed, Nomi looks like one hell of an SAS-agent :-P.

She's certainly looking more like '007' every time we see her!

That rumour's gotta be right, hasn't it? We saw her apparently in disguise in Jamaica, she was hanging around the MI6 HQ set (although I know all of the sets are pretty close to each other! :) ), and now she's dressed up like this?
    If that's an Omega on her wrist then it's a done deal :D

Has she bent her gun though?
    mtm wrote: »

That rumour's gotta be right, hasn't it? We saw her apparently in disguise in Jamaica, she was hanging around the MI6 HQ set (although I know all of the sets are pretty close to each other! :) ), and now she's dressed up like this?

I thought we'd dispensed with doubt on that one. She clearly will be ended over his number in the 00 section. That's all. Good for a few laughs, but not that of a big deal.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Univex wrote: »

I thought we'd dispensed with doubt on that one.

Oh I don't think there's any doubt, no. I think they'd have been missing a trick if they hadn't done it in the film in which he'd resigned.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Getting ‘For Your Eyes Only’ vibes from these Lynch and Seydoux pictures :)
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

Cary: "That last take... nearly killed me. Pull yourself together or i replace you with your stuntwoman for the rest of the film."
    Denbigh wrote: »

The scene with bond and countess on the beach?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »

The scene with bond and countess on the beach?
    More the finale on the mountain top with all of Bond’s allies teaming up.
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco

Lol probably a rubber prop so it is lighter. Having a gun on your thigh is heavy. I had a handgun strapped to my thigh while overseas with a similar holster as Nomi has, albeit only two straps, and it is clunky. Not really sure why she would have a carbine on her thigh when she can move far better with it on a Viking or even a single point sling. Like the tactical outfit though.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    New photos in Italy.... We can see that Lashana and Lea have scenes together!!!! Nomi means serious business!

Anybody know what location this is? Italy yes, but city, area?
    Wonder if it isn't Arcomagno after all.. that cave/beach...
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,270
    antovolk wrote: »
    Rather have Sting instead of those other names, tbh.

+1, there's no comparison. But unfortunately marketing is King these days, so it does seem to be a stretch.

Indeed.

How likely is it that the title artist is announced this early? …Or is it early?

I mean, if anything it's late, no? If Sting/Savoretti are only in final talks. Smith was seemingly brought on in January 2015 for SP, just a month after shooting began...not sure about Adele.

But from a marketing POV a less slam dunk (aka not Sheeran, Lana, Gaga etc) title song choice would warrant an earlier announcement to get people on board, rather than a last min final push in the home stretch of the campaign.
    Walecs wrote: »

+1, there's no comparison. But unfortunately marketing is King these days, so it does seem to be a stretch.

Indeed.

How likely is it that the title artist is announced this early? …Or is it early?

I mean, if anything it's late, no? If Sting/Savoretti are only in final talks. Smith was seemingly brought on in January 2015 for SP, just a month after shooting began...not sure about Adele.

And he was reportedly in talks with EON even before the title was announced if I remember correctly.

Indeed.

But from a marketing POV a less slam dunk (aka not Sheeran, Lana, Gaga etc) title song choice would warrant an earlier announcement to get people on board, rather than a last min final push in the home stretch of the campaign.

Adele gave her first cut of the song in October 2011. She likely got approached in early to mid 2011.

Thanks! Wasn't aware that Adele/Sam Smith were on board with their respective title songs that early.

Another interview with David Dencik in Svenska Dagbladet's SvD Perfect Guide (from September 10th). They write in their interview that he plays a villain (although no quote from the man himself on that).

Hopefully my translation isn't too bad:
    In 1999, David moved to Stockholm to attend the Theatre Academy and it was during those years that the city became more alive for him, thanks in large part to his classmate Gustaf Skarsgård.

- Gustaf had a wide circle of acquaintances and we shared many interests. He helped me into the city, we lived together and in it formed a friendship that we have maintained.

Although they both broke through outside the Nordic countries, they have not shared a scene yet. However, David has worked with a number of other Swedes in the international field, such as Johan Renck, Fares Fares and Oscar-winning cinematographer Linus Sandgren, who is behind the camera in the upcoming Bond film - No Time To Die.

- Linus is just like me, husband, father of two and usually without the family when we work. So we found each other a little.

In 2011, Dencik did his first roles in international major films such as Steven Spielberg's War Horse, David Fincher's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Tomas Alfredson's Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Although he played both Danish and Swedish roles, the international stride was a milestone.

- Acting in English is like getting a third leg if you are a dancer. In addition, I wanted to come out and see the world, get to know people. As a kid, I wanted to become a cartographer and dreamed of finding a profession that meant many trips. When I was filming Bond in Jamaica, I got a driver who took me around. We stopped at different places, greeted people, ate at some tavern ... I like it! There is an anthropological curiosity in me, he says, and says that he and the driver are still in contact.

That he in the spring fought against Daniel Craig has not been a milestone, but Bond villain is a role out of the ordinary.

- It is obviously cool to be close to that apparatus. There are probably at least 500 people involved on site. I don't know what everyone is doing. Suddenly you see someone carrying a cable or hanging from the ceiling. It feels like you are doing an Olympic inauguration every day.

Thank you for the translation @Torgeirtrap , very much excited to see what he brings to the table. Seems like a genuine actor.

You're welcome, @Resurrection! It's interesting to read what Dencik has to say about Bond now that he's promoting another project (and unsurprisingly is being asked questions about his involvement in NTTD).

He also gives us a bit of insight to the extreme secrecy around the production. The guy can't even talk about it to his wife!
    leas_mole wrote: »

Hope more photos come out of that shoot that show whether that description is indeed true or not...
    Party girl, The Belvedere, London

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I truly do not believe Bond and Swann had a child together. Perhaps the child has a relation to Swann, but I can't foresee any relation to Bond himself.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    leas_mole wrote: »

We can't draw conclusons from still images like these. Was Lea upset? Concerned? Embarrassed? Amused? We have no idea, and neither does The Express.

As for the other element...
    "Mystery child"? In all likelihood this is the same character as in the Norway shoot; but she wouldnt be much of a mystery to anyone who has paid attenton to the filming of NTTD. So this is odd, to say the least. That said...if it is the same child, that lays to rest the flashback theory. And it supports my beliefe that the child could be Madeleine's from marriage when she was much younger. We shall see.
    Crew member lower right. Diving service? What kind of stunts are they planning? Diving? Boat chase? Lashana seems dressed as some semi-military or special security. Rib boat?