No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Cast & crew will shoot in italian town Sapri from Sunday 8 to Thursday 12 September, then again from 23 September - at the train station, the port and nearby Canale di Mezzanotte (midnight beach) which is basically a lagoon (with caves.)

Rte089V.jpg
    WUjBHpF.jpg

https://www.salernonotizie.it/2019/09/04/cinema-a-sapri-si-girano-alcune-scene-del-film-007/

Sapri map

Beautiful. Does this mean main cast & 1st unit?

I would think so. Craig, Cary, Linus & co. There's a rumour both here and by twitterfolks of an press conf. on Saturday 7 sept. I assume it's in Matera. But as always - a grain of salt!!!

Someone wrote: »
    Its not out of bounds for an action sequence where a scene is basically a shot of a few seconds, where a chase lasting several minutes could cover 20 'scenes'.

Never heard of - or read - a scene that lasts only seconds. The car chase in Rome was 11 scenes and lasted 5 minutes. The entire PTS of SF was 18 scenes and lasted 12 minutes.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    antovolk wrote: »
    Honestly, this should have been put to bed when Seydoux got third billing after Craig and Malek.

Exactly.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,018
    New angle of the potential spoiler scene:

This is might be the second major spoiler, happends seconds after the previous clip.

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    This is might be the second major spoiler, happends seconds after the previous clip.

Good God!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

Ouch. Someone's having one hell of a day.
    Posted one pic yesterday with all of those guys together. Pure mafia!!

This really is shaping up to be the M:I Fallout of Craig's era. The amount of action we've seen so far is crazy.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,400
    This really is shaping up to be the M:I Fallout of Craig's era. The amount of action we've seen so far is crazy.

You think?

We have only seen the bridge jump and the Aston chase - which is all part of the same sequence.

If anything, NTTD has the least amount of action shot on location than any of the Craig films. There is no major action sequence in Norway or Jamaica (one explosion doesn't count as a sequence) - only Italy.

This is a very Pinewood heavy film. I anticipate a heck of a lot more drama than action.....akin to SF
  • Contraband wrote: »
    New angle of the potential spoiler scene:

From this angle it looks like just the rear of the car is hit.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    Holy... based off the clips above, looks like a pure Mafia hit.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 940
    I watched some of the filming in Matera today. You could hear the gunfire across the whole city! It echos in the valley and in the narrow streets. I saw Madeline's stunt double up close. She had all the dots on her face again. Today she was just wearing the top half of the screen outfit as the rest won't be in shot obviously.

Took a few pics of Bond's hotel set. The front is finished and fits in perfectly with the landscape. The side and interior are being worked on still. I got a shot of one of the walls inside though. They are busy making his room look like one of the traditional Matera cave hotels so it'll look great inside! The view from it is spectacular too. Overlooking the famous church in the rock. Stunning scenery here.
  • Not meaning any disrespect, but I do believe James Bond Brasil reported the title would be revealed on the 5th October. Not saying it's wrong, given the cast list, but I wouldn't take it as the absolute certainty.
    slyfox wrote: »
    I watched some of the filming in Matera today. You could hear the gunfire across the whole city! It echos in the valley and in the narrow streets. I saw Madeline's stunt double up close. She had all the dots on her face again. Today she was just wearing the top half of the screen outfit as the rest won't be in shot obviously.

Took a few pics of Bond's hotel set. The front is finished and fits in perfectly with the landscape. The side and interior are being worked on still. I got a shot of one of the walls inside though. They are busy making his room look like one of the traditional Matera cave hotels so it'll look great inside! The view from it is spectacular too. Overlooking the famous church in the rock. Stunning scenery here.
    \m/
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

Nice one @slyfox
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Thanks for this info. I am still not sure the set is a hotel room. Any new shots of it? If Bond is supposed to be staying in the caves, I think they would shoot that on location or at Pinewood. I'm thinking that the set is Madeleine's office or apartment.

• GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona

You think?

We have only seen the bridge jump and the Aston chase - which is all part of the same sequence.

If anything, NTTD has the least amount of action shot on location than any of the Craig films. There is no major action sequence in Norway or Jamaica (one explosion doesn't count as a sequence) - only Italy.

This is a very Pinewood heavy film. I anticipate a heck of a lot more drama than action.....akin to SF

Very astude of you James......eh.....@Pierce2Daniel ;-)! Fully agree here. God knows what massive sets have been built at Pinewood. Make no mistake, one of the rumoured plot elements (villain schemes) is genetic warfare. There must be lots of laboratory, research center, Ken Adam-esque sets inside Pinewood. And indeed, we have barely seen a 2nd very big action sequence in the outside so far.

My guess is that NTTD is the most detective-esque, adventure-like Bond-film, similar to thriller plots like "Dr No" and "From Russia With Love". I really think the writers have cooked up an ingenious FRWL-esque Hitchcock-ian plot that willleave most of us thrilled in a positive way :-). (Dr) No...Time To Die :-P.

Me excity excity excity =P~

You think?

But those action sequences are looking to be more intense...just these glimpses of the Aston chase are above and beyond the Rome chase in SP. Plus we know of the Cuba foot chase set piece that was shot at Pinewood...then the chase in Norway/Scotland that's probably part of the third act...
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona

You think?

But those action sequences are looking to be more intense...just these glimpses of the Aston chase are above and beyond the Rome chase in SP. Plus we know of the Cuba foot chase set piece that was shot at Pinewood...then the chase in Norway/Scotland that's probably part of the third act...

We don't know yet how that will work out on screen. Yet, I did see more Ronin-esque camera angles being installed? In any case, we have to wait and see. PS @antovolk . How was Venice buddy!
  • After Spectre, I want better action, not more action. The bits we've seen of the car chase look promising. I was so disappointed by how dull the Spectre car chase was. No sense of danger, no feel for the speed of the vehicles, seemingly barren streets. The challenges close quarters nature of the Matera streets, ambush of thugs, pedestrian and vehicle traffic, and the stakes of having Bond's lover in the passenger seat all make for a far more tense sequence. Hopefully the final cut lives up to it.
    Are there any clues on those numberplates?? BTW; How come we're just seeing this jeep now, hunting down the Aston? I've looked at many clips and I can't find anywhere. It just pops up from nowhere today.

fBqja1S.jpg

• antovolk wrote: »

You think?

I would tend to agree with Pierce2Daniel on this one - we've seen surprisingly little exterior action filmed so far, and it's getting late into the production. Granted, we don't know what they have up their sleeves at Pinewood, but on the surface, this looks to me like a more spy/drama, less action 007 adventure. That would be perfectly fine by me!
    After Spectre, I want better action, not more action. The bits we've seen of the car chase look promising. I was so disappointed by how dull the Spectre car chase was. No sense of danger, no feel for the speed of the vehicles, seemingly barren streets. The challenges close quarters nature of the Matera streets, ambush of thugs, pedestrian and vehicle traffic, and the stakes of having Bond's lover in the passenger seat all make for a far more tense sequence. Hopefully the final cut lives up to it.

+1. Besides the PTS and train fight, SP has some of the series' weakest action by far.
    Regarding the action, from what we know so far, my worry is the lack of ingenuity. Almost every Bond movie has this crazy stunt or setpiece, so we know that we are watching a Bond movie, whether it's Bond flying a plane that crashes through a cabin, a fistfight on top of a crane or chasing after a car using a tank!

It all looks very generic to me so far sadly. Car chases, Bond on a bike again. Some explosions. Does he even use gadgets or is Q department yet again limited to the usual new watch and new car?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

You think?

Plus, we have the sequence with the plane and boat explosion in Jamaica.
    469d82ec-35c8-4d6a-a868-0d89ce8b8482_text_hi.gif
    00Agent wrote: »
    469d82ec-35c8-4d6a-a868-0d89ce8b8482_text_hi.gif

:)) Brilliant, defo not playing any clips from what people are saying on here today.
    Say whaaat??