No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    mtm wrote: »
    Actually that photo they have at the top of the article is quite interesting because you can quite clearly see that the 'damage' is a removable vinyl or magnetic laid on top of the bodywork:

PRI_81967131.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

Click the link for massive size image:
    https://metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/PRI_81967131.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

So the tracking dots were presumably there to get rid of the edges or something..?

So actually the headline should be "Expensive Aston Martin Replica Completely Undamaged During Filming" :D

Like removable temp. tattoos
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    Once again thanks to all for sharing the videos. I'm looking at you especially @Contraband ;)

*Giggling, blushing* ..Thanks dude
    Thank you @Contraband You've made us all very happy here, lately.

Thank you, and for making me feel so welcomed.

OT - short backstory: I started a minor blog in 2010 writing about domestic politics and crime in Sweden. And since I love researching and doing it damn well too that blog was right up my alley. BTW: I'm not a journalist at all. Have no training in this field.

One day I noticed high level politicans on a photo hanging out with gangsters in a town. That caught my attention and I did some serious digging on my own, publishing post after post. That led to police investigations, one big mafia netvork down incl politicans (smuggling drugs, murders, bribes, etc). 2 gangsters got life long prison terms (some 20 others got 2-15 years). My blog flew like a rocket in a few months. Then I found out about a grooming network with 15 men buying/abusing young ones in a Sthlm city hotel. I took down that network with prison for all men. The list goes on. Several scandals on my CV. After three years my tiny blog had a whopping 120 millions views. I've created a monster basically. Many people loved my blog but I also got hate and threats from others. I didn't cared really, but the whole thing had become to big. Even had influence on medias articles and facts. Swedish journalists didn't like that all, that little me was better at doing their job. In year 4 I shut it down for good. But it was a good experience and learning curve when comes how to research, self taught that is.

Plus I've have 28 years within the swedish tv&film industry: betacam/news editor , location manager, prod. coordinator, camera ass, set dresser, swing gang, etc. Film making is in my DNA..

Wow that's amazing stuff!
    Is anyone else here hoping that they edit proper DB5 engine sounds over that horrid sound of BMW whining??

The recorded sound will mostly only be referenced by the sound editors as guide tracks. The post sound team will re-record specific sounds, engine noise, tyre squeaks, brake crunches, road rumble, gun shots etc. etc., and individually lay these sound effects so they have absolute control of what they want us to hear when they do the pre-mix and then the final sound mix. The question is, how much music score will be used or will they, guided by Cary, prefer to put the emphasis on the roaring DB5 and the chasing cars? My feeling is Cary will want us to hear those cars in all their glory and won't subdue the sounds under too much music score. The sound editor on GE, the famous and very talented Jim Shields (now sadly passed away) felt Eric Serra's music over the DB5 and Ferrari chase in GE crushed his carefully designed sound effects.
    The roof is already on so this must be an old pic, some guy just posted it

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2019 Posts: 14,861
    Oh I thought the DB5 in GoldenEye sounded wonderful: there were a few bits without music - the opening of the sequence especially.

I went to see the Q Boat sequence being filmed for the opening of The World Is Not Enough: I was quite surprised when I saw the film and there was that whizzing sci-fi noise dubbed over what was in fact the very loud roar of an American V8 engine! :D
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Once again thanks to all for sharing the videos. I'm looking at you especially @Contraband ;)

OT - short backstory: I started a minor blog in 2010 writing about domestic politics and crime in Sweden. And since I love researching and doing it damn well too that blog was right up my alley. BTW: I'm not a journalist at all. Have no training in this field.

One day I noticed high level politicans on a photo hanging out with gangsters in a town. That caught my attention and I did some serious digging on my own, publishing post after post. That led to police investigations, one big mafia netvork down incl politicans (smuggling drugs, murders, bribes, etc). 2 gangsters got life long prison terms (some 20 others got 2-15 years). My blog flew like a rocket in a few months. Then I found out about a grooming network with 15 men buying/abusing young ones in a Sthlm city hotel. I took down that network with prison for all men. The list goes on. Several scandals on my CV. After three years my tiny blog had a whopping 120 millions views. I've created a monster basically. Many people loved my blog but I also got hate and threats from others. I didn't cared really, but the whole thing had become to big. Even had influence on medias articles and facts. Swedish journalists didn't like that all, that little me was better at doing their job. In year 4 I shut it down for good. But it was a good experience and learning curve when comes how to research, self taught that is.

f724a234-05c7-4bcb-851d-812e1c27d75d_text_hi.gif
    Plus I've have 28 years within the swedish tv&film industry: betacam/news editor , location manager, prod. coordinator, camera ass, set dresser, swing gang, etc. Film making is in my DNA..
    Is that a training occupation? Where can i sign up?
    00Agent wrote: »

Meaning? Don't get the last part?

*me stupido*
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,185
    00Agent wrote: »

Meaning? Don't get the last part?

*me stupido*

lol i was just messing around, no worries.
    Oh I thought the DB5 in GoldenEye sounded wonderful: there were a few bits without music - the opening of the sequence especially.

I went to see the Q Boat sequence being filmed for the opening of The World Is Not Enough: I was quite surprised when I saw the film and there was that whizzing sci-fi noise dubbed over what was in fact the very loud roar of an American V8 engine! :D

I do remember on GE the general feeling from the editors was that Serra's music did not compliment the action and the sound effects very well and they tried losing the music on that car chase, but in the end, from what I recall, the sound team were voted down. I think Cary, creatively leading, will be very smart re: the balance between the sound design and the music score.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 2,594
    Is anyone else here hoping that they edit proper DB5 engine sounds over that horrid sound of BMW whining??

Hadn’t thought of that. Hope so...

Damn, backside of a clapperboard. Is it possible to zoom in and make something out it?

Bounine wrote: »

Hadn’t thought of that. Hope so...

Check my earlier post, just a few posts back, where I broadly explain how sound editors build the sound track.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Damn, backside of a clapperboard. Is it possible to zoom in and make something out it?

Meant to do this earlier. It looks like X45K.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I bet Eon's cleaning team must be having a wonderful time cleaning all of those skidmarks off their lovely cobbles! :)
    I bet Eon's cleaning team must be having a wonderful time cleaning all of those skidmarks off their lovely cobbles! :)

They had some sort of high pressure hose the other day at the piazza. Probably water mixed with some environmentally friendly chemicals plus a scrubbing team with brooms :D

You should see @Thunderfinger 's skidmarks ,he can never get them out of his boxer shorts he he.
    "Bond 25: A timeline of all the drama on the set of No Time To Die"

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/30/bond-25-timeline-drama-set-no-time-die-10657804/

"Joanna Lumley insists 007 should be male as ‘Lashana Lynch takes over’"

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/29/joanna-lumley-insists-007-male-lashana-lynch-takes-10652696/

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    barryt007 wrote: »

You should see @Thunderfinger 's skidmarks ,he can never get them out of his boxer shorts he he.

407991.jpg?b64lines=IEkgSEFWRSBGRUVMSU5HUywgVE9PLgog
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Well, that escalated quickly! That's some serious background there. Very interesting. Fair play. You sound like a determined, headstrong hard worker.
    Great to have you here. Quite a resumé!

It's nice to have a few more people who work in production on the boards. Your experience far eclipses mine, I've only been at it for a decade now. But hey, plenty of horror stories within that timeframe. Can only imagine what kinds of tidbits you'll come out with over the next little while.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I wonder why they bother mounting the camera on the front of the correct car (Jaguar) rather than just use that Caterham chase car or something. It's not like you can see it. Maybe for the reflections in the Aston bodywork?

I wonder why they bother mounting the camera on the front of the correct car (Jaguar) rather than just use that Caterham chase car or something. It's not like you can see it. Maybe for the reflections in the Aston bodywork?

Because it's the chasing car in so many shots so far, so it is exactly right for that POV, height, speed, distance, and it's a faster and practical way of doing the shot than pulling the car from the scene (if they then want to go to wider shots asap) than it is camera mounting another car. On-Set filmmaking always looks for the most logical, quickest and most effective solution to film the coverage they are after.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2019 Posts: 14,861
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Because it's the chasing car in so many shots so far, so it is exactly right for that POV, height, speed, distance,

Well not really: the camera is mounted way lower than the driver sits, so you don't get any impression of the POV or height. Any car on the set can match its speed, and I have no idea what you mean by 'distance'! :)
    The only thing it would really match is the handling, but then we've seen the Caterham doubling for the DB5's POV in another shot already and I doubt that's a perfect match.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    and it's a faster and practical way of doing the shot than pulling the car from the scene (if they then want to go to wider shots asap) than it is camera mounting another car.

I don't see how. You'd have to have a break to mount the camera on the car, whereas you could just have the Caterham standing by. I would imagine they have another Jag already mounted which they just swap out for the one being shot, so it's as easy as swapping it for the Caterham: it's basically whatever car they have around, probably! :)
    There's doubtless a good reason, but I don't really buy the ones you suggest :) The Jag's suspension is probably just better for those bumpy road surfaces or something.
    octofinger wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »

Can we just appreciate how amazing the photo by Cary is? It's sexy, cool and elegant. The lighting, framing and lens are perfect. If this photo speaks to the photography of the film, then I'm in love.
    @P2B, sometimes you write very strange things...

I don't think that will be a shot from the film. All those gawkers behind crowd barriers in the background with their cellphones out just wouldn't make it into the final print.
    I think it´s obvious that that´s a quick snapshot, not a shot for the film.

• edited August 2019 Posts: 5,767
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    A mix of CR & SF would do nicely for me. ;)

Let´s make that a continuation from CR and QoS onwards, without the distraction that came after ;-).

I find nothing horrid about it. I just want raw motor screaming, without music drowning the motor sounds out.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    boldfinger wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    A mix of CR & SF would do nicely for me. ;)

Let´s make that a continuation from CR and QoS onwards, without the distraction that came after ;-).

HYHLuXZ.gif
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    Pure speculation and sorry if anyone else is said this but I’m pretty sure the old flame Bond visits will be Swann.