No Time to Die production thread

Comments

This is crazy if MGM are doing this. Firstly they have absolutely no legal standpoint to take down people’s footage filmed in a public space.

Secondly, they should be harnessing the fact that people are promoting their film in social. I’m surprised they aren’t encouraging it. It’s free user generated content
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2019 Posts: 14,947
    Matt007 wrote: »
    This is crazy if MGM are doing this. Firstly they have absolutely no legal standpoint to take down people’s footage filmed in a public space.

Secondly, they should be harnessing the fact that people are promoting their film in social. I’m surprised they aren’t encouraging it. It’s free user generated content

I dunno; I can see both sides. I don't think there's any huge need to get into the legalities of whether they should or not; it doesn't really matter. There are better things to be angry about in the world.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 2,598
    mtm wrote: »

I dunno; I can see both sides. I don't think there's any huge need to get into the legalities of whether they should or not; it doesn't really matter. There are better things to be angry about in the world.

Agreed. I haven't the discipline to not look at the photos/videos anyway so I'd prefer if they just weren't there.

It would be good if this film has returned to the overall grittier, darker approach of CR and QOS but I won't be holding my breath on this one. This would include not using an ejector seat. :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Bounine wrote: »

It would be good if this film has returned to the overall grittier, darker approach of CR and QOS but I won't be holding my breath on this one. This would include not using an ejector seat. :)

I certainly enjoyed CR for what it was, but I thought Skyfall and Spectre hit a nice mid point between those and full Bond fun- I'd be happy for this one to hit the same spot.
    Oh, Skyfall was fine but Spectre didn't do it for me in terms of the style of humour.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    A mix of CR & SF would do nicely for me. ;)

Agreed. I haven't the discipline to not look at the photos/videos anyway so I'd prefer if they just weren't there.

Couldn't disagree with the sentiment here any more.

Your self-control has little to do with the law.

The simple fact is that MGM have overstepped the mark. If they wish to film in public and people can visibly see you filming, then you run the risk that others will record and share that footage.

The pivotal point here is that people are filming streets in Matera - they are NOT filming an MGM movie. NTTD just happens to be filmed on those streets. It be another story if people were uploading clips and videos of the actual film. They are not.

Interesting that MGM aren't shouting at the Daily Mail for printing photos/videos - but are gunning after the little guys on Twitter.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Contraband wrote: »
    Gonna be a sheep movie :D Look at the poor Aston Martin, waiting..

//

Yo @Red_Snow Go back one page (273) and read my post about the same article.

Spectre_Screenshot_1398.jpg

Roger Moore, much?

(Also, @Contraband - amazing work recently. Truly appreciated.)

Sir Roger ?! what do you mean ?

The simple fact is that MGM have overstepped the mark. If they wish to film in public and people can visibly see you filming, then you run the risk that others will record and share that footage.

The pivotal point here is that people are filming streets in Matera - they are NOT filming an MGM movie. NTTD just happens to be filmed on those streets. It be another story if people were uploading clips and videos of the actual film. They are not.

Interesting that MGM aren't shouting at the Daily Mail for printing photos/videos - but are gunning after the little guys on Twitter.

Agreed.
    If you film in public,on public roads or areas,then that belongs to the public....simple.
    What about the people who were confined to their houses while filming was going on ? What about their rights ?
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    well, actually they got paid for that.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 850
    I mean if you don't like to see these photo cause it can spoil you the film, remember that after the time you see the film next year you may want to see that BTS pictures now you can't get spoil. But you you will not be able if they are deleted.

You have to think about the future, not the close one more far, the thing that you don't want see now are the same things that you would want to see once after you see the movie.
    well, actually they got paid for that.

Good point,i forgot about that.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 2,598

Sure. I'm merely saying that it works to my advantage.

"Interesting that MGM aren't shouting at the Daily Mail for printing photos/videos - but are gunning after the little guys on Twitter."[/quote]

Interesting point.
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    A mix of CR & SF would do nicely for me. ;)

Sounds good...in terms of tone. QOS was a bit action heavy though.
    Little blue screen today :

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I think this chase is going to be stunning to watch. All the footage we've seen looks incredible. On screen in a cinema, I'm hoping it'll look amazing. The setting is beautiful, and although the DB5 has been overused over the years. Its classic beauty along with the Matera setting will compliment each other well I feel.
    Once again thanks to all for sharing the videos. I'm looking at you especially @Contraband ;)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Sure. I'm merely saying that it works to my advantage.

"Interesting that MGM aren't shouting at the Daily Mail for printing photos/videos - but are gunning after the little guys on Twitter."

Interesting point.[/quote]

I think some of the paparazzi coverage of the filming has appeared at slightly odd times (sometimes up to a week after the scene was shot); I do tend to wonder if it's not actually Eon-sanctioned half of the time to promote the movie.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Matera on IMAX is going look incredible, it is an extraordinary city like nowhere else in Europe, truly unique.

I naturally assumed it would be doubling for elsewhere but the fact they are acknowledging it's actually Matera I've really warmed to. This chase looks like what a good majority of us were looking forward to happening in Rome in SPECTRE.

If they use something like Ronin which is the benchmark ever since for the most exciting visceral car chase on celluloid. Dare I say since Bullitt and the granddaddy of them all The French Connection.

They look like they've got something to prove, one making up for the misstep of the last film and number two, delivering a spy film that will compete with not copy last years critical darling MI 6.

Hopefully Bond will prove who is king again, they are all influenced by it, blockbuster cinema period owes the series a lot.

I think CF knows the stakes and he, Craig, the cast and crew are going to launch this one out of the park and then some.

Not having a clue where what goes where and details makes this for me the most exciting time since waiting for CR arrive.

I think this is the one that could get to that level or maybe even beat it, I guess we'll see.

DC is going to break the curse of leaving the role on sub par entry, I can feel it in my bones.

Benny wrote: »
    Once again thanks to all for sharing the videos. I'm looking at you especially @Contraband ;)

*Giggling, blushing* ..Thanks dude

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It is a gorgeous place. The Aston looks amazing there.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited August 2019 Posts: 8,034

Thank you @Contraband

You've made us all very happy here, lately.
    Dummy of the year-award goes to freelancing journalist writing for metro uk. Article about Matera-shoot. Headline:

"Multi-million pound Aston Martin DB5 destroyed in Bond 25 filming"

Yada yada and crying about the car. She does not realize there's several of them, and all 'cheap' replicas. Next blunder is the best of all time and the article actually embedded a tweet from 007. She writes:

"Meantime, the Bond crew have been here there and everywhere lately with a recent Instagram post from the official James Bond 007 account showed them shooting at Lake Como."

She's actually thinks that pic was shot this week more or less. Really!? Oh dear lord...

Metro UK

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Ha! Oh dear.

I wonder how much those replicas have cost to make though: they're probably not much off the cost of new Astons anyway! :)
    Does AM cover the cost?
  • Contraband wrote: »
    Dummy of the year-award goes to freelancing journalist writing for metro uk. Article about Matera-shoot. Headline:

Yada yada and crying about the car. She does not realize there's several of them, and all 'cheap' replicas. Next blunder is the best of all time and the article actually embedded a tweet from 007. She writes:

"Meantime, the Bond crew have been here there and everywhere lately with a recent Instagram post from the official James Bond 007 account showed them shooting at Lake Como."

She's actually thinks that pic was shot this week more or less. Really!? Oh dear lord...

Metro UK

This is the laugh I needed this morning. I especially love that last bit about the "recent" photo at Lake Como. :-D
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,185

Metro UK

Well that's how these jackasses work. And the story about the destroyed AM might not even be an accident. They could use that to further spin their "cursed production" narrative.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Is anyone else here hoping that they edit proper DB5 engine sounds over that horrid sound of BMW whining??

Thank you @Contraband You've made us all very happy here, lately.

Thank you, and for making me feel so welcomed.

OT - short backstory: I started a minor blog in 2010 writing about domestic politics and crime in Sweden. And since I love researching and doing it damn well too that blog was right up my alley. BTW: I'm not a journalist at all. Have no training in this field.

One day I noticed high level politicans on a photo hanging out with gangsters in a town. That caught my attention and I did some serious digging on my own, publishing post after post. That led to police investigations, one big mafia netvork down incl politicans (smuggling drugs, murders, bribes, etc). 2 gangsters got life long prison terms (some 20 others got 2-15 years). My blog flew like a rocket in a few months. Then I found out about a grooming network with 15 men buying/abusing young ones in a Sthlm city hotel. I took down that network with prison for all men. The list goes on. Several scandals on my CV. After three years my tiny blog had a whopping 120 millions views. I've created a monster basically. Many people loved my blog but I also got hate and threats from others. I didn't cared really, but the whole thing had become to big. Even had influence on medias articles and facts. Swedish journalists didn't like that all, that little me was better at doing their job. In year 4 I shut it down for good. But it was a good experience and learning curve when comes how to research, self taught that is.

Plus I've have 28 years within the swedish tv&film industry: betacam/news editor , location manager, prod. coordinator, camera ass, set dresser, swing gang, etc. Film making is in my DNA..

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's also quite funny when you read that 'destroyed' in the headline becomes 'completely scratched up' in the text of the article when you read it :) All she's saying that this 'scandal' (yes, she actually uses that word!) is is a few scratches down the side of the car (which look painted on to me anyway): even if it were a real one they could fix that very easily! :D

Don't show her this or she'll have kittens... :
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Actually that photo they have at the top of the article is quite interesting because you can quite clearly see that the 'damage' is a removable vinyl or magnetic laid on top of the bodywork:

PRI_81967131.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

Click the link for massive size image:
    https://metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/PRI_81967131.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

So the tracking dots were presumably there to get rid of the edges or something..?

So actually the headline should be "Expensive Aston Martin Replica Completely Undamaged During Filming" :D
    It's also quite funny when you read that 'destroyed' in the headline becomes 'completely scratched up' in the text of the article when you read it :) All she's saying that this 'scandal' (yes, she actually uses that word!) is is a few scratches down the side of the car (which look painted on to me anyway): even if it were a real one they could fix that very easily! :D

Don't show her this or she'll have kittens... :

Sweet!