No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

1261262264266267641

Comments

  • edited August 2019 Posts: 4,221
    What a nice ballet. Now for some good old 007 theme over that ;)
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 5,642
    Just talked to the man who took the photo of the grave!!! He told me the following...

    “😁 No it is not Vesper. Maria Rabaioli Lipparini 😒 And Mattoli”

    What does that mean? Are those names or are they translated to something? I’m an American in Texas so a little confused..

    I asked him if those were new characters and he responded...

    “Don’t know, only saw that grave. Many graves were present could be some random names made up for the set piece.”
    Mattoli sounds like a pasta company :-)).



    ggl007 wrote: »
    James Bond does not get wed with that kind of outfit.

    The wedding will be at the end of the movie.

    Yes, too casual for a wedding, especially for a groom.

    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Both Bonds jacket and Swanns dress look closer in style to their outfits from Morocco.

    Spectre-0820.jpg

    Sorry for the off topic, but this is a great shot.
    Yes, it´s a great shot indeed. Is it in the film?

  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,994
    Univex wrote: »
    What a nice ballet. Now for some good old 007 theme over that ;)

    It’s funny that you say this; the first thing that I thought was that this needs to be accompanied by a great score .
  • Posts: 4,221
    talos7 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    What a nice ballet. Now for some good old 007 theme over that ;)

    It’s funny that you say this; the first thing that I thought was that this needs to be accompanied by a great a great score .

    I thought the same. And then I heard the infamous, recently unused 007 theme blaring in my mind. And it bloody well worked.
  • Posts: 5,642
    peter wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Bowling accident.

    Lol! Well done @boldfinger !
    Thanks @peter ;-)!


    Ryan wrote: »
    Considering how far film has come with mapping actors faces onto doubles, I'm all for the doubles. Granted, I'd never want to see a Paul Walker or General Tarkin in a Bond film, but as far as placing the leads into the action I see no problem with that especially if it means keeping Craig safe from any sort of SPECTRE sized injuries. Gone are the days of old man Roger being replaced by doubles.
    Well, in that case it added to the film´s style. It´s not easy to fit such a thing in nowadays, when they try to be more serious.



  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 4,994
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Ryan wrote: »
    Considering how far film has come with mapping actors faces onto doubles, I'm all for the doubles. Granted, I'd never want to see a Paul Walker or General Tarkin in a Bond film, but as far as placing the leads into the action I see no problem with that especially if it means keeping Craig safe from any sort of SPECTRE sized injuries. Gone are the days of old man Roger being replaced by doubles.
    Well, in that case it added to the film´s style. It´s not easy to fit such a thing in nowadays, when they try to be more serious.

    The replacement work done on Logan was flawless.

  • Posts: 5,642
    Contraband wrote: »
    Holy cow, look at that stunt driving. DB5 speeds and slides like stabbed rat.


    With such driving I´m seriously warming to the idea of having the DB5 again. They can bring back any car from previous films as long as they drive it as hard as this :-).
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 5,642
    Univex wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    I wonder how many of those DB5's are mockups... :-?

    All of them ;)

    Do we think they'll use a real one for close-ups back at Pinewood? I still think it's an odd choice to only use the modified fake ones when you consider that they did drive with real ones in GE... Granted, they put the thing through some serious scrapes while filming, but now it almost feels like AM doesn't trust the production anymore with the real ones.
    Yes, and that´s the way to do it! Give them mock-ups and let them burn them :-)! I hope this time they have the taste to not drown out the motor sounds with music.



    talos7 wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Ryan wrote: »
    Considering how far film has come with mapping actors faces onto doubles, I'm all for the doubles. Granted, I'd never want to see a Paul Walker or General Tarkin in a Bond film, but as far as placing the leads into the action I see no problem with that especially if it means keeping Craig safe from any sort of SPECTRE sized injuries. Gone are the days of old man Roger being replaced by doubles.
    Well, in that case it added to the film´s style. It´s not easy to fit such a thing in nowadays, when they try to be more serious.

    The replacement work done on Logan was flawless.
    True.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    Posts: 298
    I don't mind the face mapping, I just hope for a little improvement. Unfortunately SF and SP both had moments in which it was quite noticable. In SF during the motorcycle rooftop chase, and in SP during the foot chase in Mexico.
  • Posts: 5,642
    talos7 wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Ryan wrote: »
    Considering how far film has come with mapping actors faces onto doubles, I'm all for the doubles. Granted, I'd never want to see a Paul Walker or General Tarkin in a Bond film, but as far as placing the leads into the action I see no problem with that especially if it means keeping Craig safe from any sort of SPECTRE sized injuries. Gone are the days of old man Roger being replaced by doubles.
    Well, in that case it added to the film´s style. It´s not easy to fit such a thing in nowadays, when they try to be more serious.

    The replacement work done on Logan was flawless.
    True.

  • Posts: 1,157
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    I wonder how many of those DB5's are mockups... :-?

    All of them ;)

    Do we think they'll use a real one for close-ups back at Pinewood? I still think it's an odd choice to only use the modified fake ones when you consider that they did drive with real ones in GE... Granted, they put the thing through some serious scrapes while filming, but now it almost feels like AM doesn't trust the production anymore with the real ones.
    Yes, and that´s the way to do it! Give them mock-ups and let them burn them :-)! I hope this time they have the taste to not drown out the motor sounds with music.



    Very good point. What is so great about the classic car chases, such as Bullitt or The French Connection, is we hear the engines roar, we hear the shifting gears grind, and we hear the tyres burning rubber. With a DB5, we might get all of that.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,049
    This is gonna be a really cool chase.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 5,642
    @ColonelSun, that is exactly what I mean. Let the machines provide the music :-)! In a time when they are able to build replicas that look exactly like the originals, what is the sense in being careful with them :-)? And one needn´t go back further than Ronin to experience how much thrill is generated by raw, animalistic car engines. I´m getting excited just thinking about it!



    jake24 wrote: »
    This is gonna be a really cool chase.
    Could be that it´s rather short, though.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Posts: 2,576
    As we see more from the film and I think about, I actually wouldn't mind if Madeleine become one of the main cast instead of being thrown away in the pre-titles :)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 1,428
    BTW, basically the same location area all week long 26-30 aug. Small streets, stunning view.

    One of the streets:

    q7y3bGz.jpg

    I feel bad for the locals, having that roaring stunt maniac sliding by

  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 4,994
    Denbigh wrote: »
    As we see more from the film and I think about, I actually wouldn't mind if Madeleine become one of the main cast instead of being thrown away in the pre-titles :)

    While I don’t want to see her go full Black Widow, it could be interesting to see Madeleine draw upon the skills taught to her by her father; as we’ve seen in MI:GP, Lea can pull off icy cold bad ass very well.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 573
    Just talked to the man who took the photo of the grave!!! He told me the following...

    “😁 No it is not Vesper. Maria Rabaioli Lipparini 😒 And Mattoli”

    What does that mean? Are those names or are they translated to something? I’m an American in Texas so a little confused..

    I asked him if those were new characters and he responded...

    “Don’t know, only saw that grave. Many graves were present could be some random names made up for the set piece.”

    No, they are not translation of anything.
    Probably that "and Mattoli" is in fact "Ved Mattoli", which means she was Mattoli's widow, Mattoli being her late husband's surname
  • mtmmtm
    Posts: 1,470
    Univex wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    I wonder how many of those DB5's are mockups... :-?

    All of them ;)

    Do we think they'll use a real one for close-ups back at Pinewood? I still think it's an odd choice to only use the modified fake ones when you consider that they did drive with real ones in GE... Granted, they put the thing through some serious scrapes while filming, but now it almost feels like AM doesn't trust the production anymore with the real ones.

    You are actually allowed to buy your own DB5; you don't have to borrow them from Aston Martin ;) If you go to races like the Goodwood Revival you'll racing versions of this and the DB4 GT smashed up pretty regularly.
    Eon do own their own one in fact, and I guess we might see it in this movie, but to be honest these replicas look pretty indistinguishable from the real thing (and I imagine aesthetically mostly are made from genuine parts) so there might not be much need to dust the real ones off.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 1,428


  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Posts: 1,653
    matt_u wrote: »
    Carig was in jaimaica and he will be in Italy but not in Norway,do we know for sure that Norway shooting is completely wrapped up?

    Craig's double was spotted on the Atlantic Road, Norway, driving the V8.

    Thanks but still unsure about Norway(they may return to shoot there especially after that hefty incentives) and soctland and if they will be portrayed as soctland and Norway.
  • mtmmtm
    Posts: 1,470
    They've had a busy day today, that stunt crew!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 1,681


    If the 800 or so extras are cast in a festival type scene similar to SP, could the burning piles of wood be left over from the festival?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 1,428
    @mtm This is pretty cool. Fresh clip. Car choreography rehearsal ... slowly around. It's like a beautiful dance



  • mtmmtm
    Posts: 1,470
    Lovely stuff!
  • mtmmtm
    Posts: 1,470
    Red_Snow wrote: »


    If the 800 or so extras are cast in a festival type scene similar to SP, could the burning piles of wood be left over from the festival?
    Red_Snow wrote: »


    If the 800 or so extras are cast in a festival type scene similar to SP, could the burning piles of wood be left over from the festival?

    There are a lot of burning piles of furniture in this scene, aren't there? Weird.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 1,428
    "Excusa!.. Sorry!.. Coming through.. Coming through.."






  • mtmmtm
    Posts: 1,470
    Big old scrape on the side of that one! Tracking dots too; maybe to add a dent?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 2,576
    This is also looking incredible...

    ...and with Sandgren's cinematogrpahy. Damn. A pre-title sequence to be reckoned with :)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Posts: 1,653
    Can't wait to see this on screen :D
  • Posts: 2,277
    Denbigh wrote: »
    This is also looking incredible...

    ...and with Sandgren's cinematogrpahy. Damn. A pre-title sequence to be reckoned with :)

    And in full IMAX too!
Sign In or Register to comment.