No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

1257258260262263955

Comments

  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 1,927
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Another old flame is M but why would they bury her there?
    Why would Lynd be buried there?

    There’s no logic reason as far as we know. But still if they want to come full circle with CR she seems the most poignant choice, from an emotional standpoint.

    It would make more sense if it was Lucia. We don't know what happened to her, and she is italian.

    Vesper died in Italy, even if quite far from Matera. Maybe Bond spent some time with her in Matera during their Italy trip and wants to come back. Sounds like a stretch, I don’t know. Lucia is Italian, true, but why paying homage to her? After they spent just a night together? Weird.

    Does "visiting an old flame" have to mean he's there to mourn?

    If Lucia is dead, wouldn't she be burried next to her husband?

    And if Bond gets ambushed at the cemetary, it has to be someone they knew he would visit, which circles back to Vesper ... unless they are after Swann and Mr. White is buried there (unlikely).
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,432
    Zekidk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Another old flame is M but why would they bury her there?
    Why would Lynd be buried there?

    There’s no logic reason as far as we know. But still if they want to come full circle with CR she seems the most poignant choice, from an emotional standpoint.

    It would make more sense if it was Lucia. We don't know what happened to her, and she is italian.

    Vesper died in Italy, even if quite far from Matera. Maybe Bond spent some time with her in Matera during their Italy trip and wants to come back. Sounds like a stretch, I don’t know. Lucia is Italian, true, but why paying homage to her? After they spent just a night together?
    Because he pretty much guaranteed her safety, after she spilled the beans, telling him the location of the SPECTRE meeting? She's a loose end, and a tombstone with her name on it, is a nice way of tying things up.

    She carries no narrative weight.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 2,834
    RC7 wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Another old flame is M but why would they bury her there?
    Why would Lynd be buried there?

    There’s no logic reason as far as we know. But still if they want to come full circle with CR she seems the most poignant choice, from an emotional standpoint.

    It would make more sense if it was Lucia. We don't know what happened to her, and she is italian.

    Vesper died in Italy, even if quite far from Matera. Maybe Bond spent some time with her in Matera during their Italy trip and wants to come back. Sounds like a stretch, I don’t know. Lucia is Italian, true, but why paying homage to her? After they spent just a night together?
    Because he pretty much guaranteed her safety, after she spilled the beans, telling him the location of the SPECTRE meeting? She's a loose end, and a tombstone with her name on it, is a nice way of tying things up.

    She carries no narrative weight.

    She does, if Bond visiting her grave, is what leads SPECTRE to find Bond, because they have her grave under surveillance. How many casual moviegoers remember Vesper Lynd?

    It could also be Swann. Everyone is assuming that it takes place in the beginning. But if Swann dies there, it would make sense for Bond to visit the grave by the end of the movie.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2019 Posts: 2,424
    Zekidk wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Another old flame is M but why would they bury her there?
    Why would Lynd be buried there?

    There’s no logic reason as far as we know. But still if they want to come full circle with CR she seems the most poignant choice, from an emotional standpoint.

    It would make more sense if it was Lucia. We don't know what happened to her, and she is italian.

    Vesper died in Italy, even if quite far from Matera. Maybe Bond spent some time with her in Matera during their Italy trip and wants to come back. Sounds like a stretch, I don’t know. Lucia is Italian, true, but why paying homage to her? After they spent just a night together?
    Because he pretty much guaranteed her safety, after she spilled the beans, telling him the location of the SPECTRE meeting? She's a loose end, and a tombstone with her name on it, is a nice way of tying things up.

    She carries no narrative weight.

    She does, if Bond visiting her grave, is what leads SPECTRE to find Bond, because they have her grave under surveillance. How many casual moviegoers remember Vesper Lynd?

    It could also be Swann. Everyone is assuming that it takes place in the beginning. But if Swann dies there, it would make sense for Bond to visit the grave by the end of the movie.

    1. Yes, we all saw SP and we saw what Lucia did. Plus, Vesper is universally regarded as the Craig era most beloved and well-known Bond girl. Many people remember her. Definitely more than Lucia. Beside that I’m not sure about Vesper, as I said before, but Bond spending time to visit Lucia’s grave during a vacation with Madeleine feels just out of place. Don’t forget that also Vesper was affiliated to SP, so your idea could work as well.

    2. In the bridge scene Bond wears the same clothes than during the car chase. Since the cemetery is one minute by walk from the bridge the supposed “visiting an old flame” scene is logically going to take place in the PTS while Madeleine is alive.
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,432
    Zekidk wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Another old flame is M but why would they bury her there?
    Why would Lynd be buried there?

    There’s no logic reason as far as we know. But still if they want to come full circle with CR she seems the most poignant choice, from an emotional standpoint.

    It would make more sense if it was Lucia. We don't know what happened to her, and she is italian.

    Vesper died in Italy, even if quite far from Matera. Maybe Bond spent some time with her in Matera during their Italy trip and wants to come back. Sounds like a stretch, I don’t know. Lucia is Italian, true, but why paying homage to her? After they spent just a night together?
    Because he pretty much guaranteed her safety, after she spilled the beans, telling him the location of the SPECTRE meeting? She's a loose end, and a tombstone with her name on it, is a nice way of tying things up.

    She carries no narrative weight.

    She does, if Bond visiting her grave, is what leads SPECTRE to find Bond, because they have her grave under surveillance. How many casual moviegoers remember Vesper Lynd?

    It could also be Swann. Everyone is assuming that it takes place in the beginning. But if Swann dies there, it would make sense for Bond to visit the grave by the end of the movie.

    You think Lucia carries more narrative weight than Vesper? Ok.
  • Posts: 1,678
    RC7 wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Too many stunt doubles as mentioned above are the actors in the movie

    Every time I scroll through comments there’s always the same mindless brain fart from you. You’re consistent, I’ll give you that.

    You Might want to get your eyes checked, it’s a reasonable question. I can explain why.
  • Posts: 1,678
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Too many stunt doubles as mentioned above are the actors in the movie

    Is this your first time seeing how a film like this is made?


    No, is it yours?
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,432
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Too many stunt doubles as mentioned above are the actors in the movie

    Every time I scroll through comments there’s always the same mindless brain fart from you. You’re consistent, I’ll give you that.

    You Might want to get your eyes checked, it’s a reasonable question. I can explain why.

    Ok, yeah, you’re right. The actors aren’t in the movie.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ocean Club, Bahamas.
    Posts: 3,265
    RC7 wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Too many stunt doubles as mentioned above are the actors in the movie

    Every time I scroll through comments there’s always the same mindless brain fart from you. You’re consistent, I’ll give you that.

    You Might want to get your eyes checked, it’s a reasonable question. I can explain why.

    Ok, yeah, you’re right. The actors aren’t in the movie.

    All part of that despicable Spectre's scheme. ;))
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Posts: 5,145
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Too many stunt doubles as mentioned above are the actors in the movie

    Every time I scroll through comments there’s always the same mindless brain fart from you. You’re consistent, I’ll give you that.

    You Might want to get your eyes checked, it’s a reasonable question. I can explain why.

    Ok, yeah, you’re right. The actors aren’t in the movie.

    All part of that despicable Spectre's scheme. ;))

    Nah it's how EoN convinced Daniel to 'come back' ;)
    "Look, we really just need your name on the poster and for marketing, maybe you can do a couple talkshow here and there and thats it."
  • Posts: 5,171
    Guys, with no desire to do so, you're probably feeding the (bad) press. In no time at all there will be headlines like "Bond film made by doubles". "Daniel Craig does Bond without being there", and so on and so on. Careful.

    No more filming today then?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Paradox Hotel
    Posts: 38,330
    Zekidk wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Another old flame is M but why would they bury her there?
    Why would Lynd be buried there?

    There’s no logic reason as far as we know. But still if they want to come full circle with CR she seems the most poignant choice, from an emotional standpoint.

    It would make more sense if it was Lucia. We don't know what happened to her, and she is italian.

    Vesper died in Italy, even if quite far from Matera. Maybe Bond spent some time with her in Matera during their Italy trip and wants to come back. Sounds like a stretch, I don’t know. Lucia is Italian, true, but why paying homage to her? After they spent just a night together?
    Because he pretty much guaranteed her safety, after she spilled the beans, telling him the location of the SPECTRE meeting? She's a loose end, and a tombstone with her name on it, is a nice way of tying things up.

    She carries no narrative weight.

    She does, if Bond visiting her grave, is what leads SPECTRE to find Bond, because they have her grave under surveillance. How many casual moviegoers remember Vesper Lynd?

    It could also be Swann. Everyone is assuming that it takes place in the beginning. But if Swann dies there, it would make sense for Bond to visit the grave by the end of the movie.

    Why would they have a grave under surveillance? More likely that they have Bond under surveillance.
  • Posts: 1,678
    My point is Craig did a lot of the CR construction chase and did the skyfall train fight all on his own at 30 mph on top of a train. No doubles. He hadn’t done a single stunt yet from what we’ve seen.
  • Posts: 5,634
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    My point is Craig did a lot of the CR construction chase and did the skyfall train fight all on his own at 30 mph on top of a train. No doubles. He hadn’t done a single stunt yet from what we’ve seen.

    How’d he tear the ligaments in his ankle, @Tuck91 ??
  • Posts: 5,767
    Bowling accident.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 826
    The grave in the photo appears to be at least 10-15 years old. If not much older.

    If it indeed is the one Bond visits, it appears to be that of a dark haired woman.


    61749830_2382425642013811_595072383690191230_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fbeg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,200
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »



    Shooting action scenes must be so much fun :-).

    @boldfinger Yeah, but damn exhausting for us here trying to keep up and finding fresh relevant info, pics & footage..

    8-}
    @Contraband, that is no excuse soldier ;-)

    @boldfinger Haha..
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 2,424
    The grave in the photo looks to be much older than 10-15 years. At least to me.

    If it indeed is the one Bond visits, it appears to be that of a dark haired woman.


    61749830_2382425642013811_595072383690191230_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fbeg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net

    Well it definitely doesn’t look like the grave of someone who died inbetween SP and NTTD...
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Posts: 826
    matt_u wrote: »
    The grave in the photo looks to be much older than 10-15 years. At least to me.

    If it indeed is the one Bond visits, it appears to be that of a dark haired woman.


    61749830_2382425642013811_595072383690191230_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fbeg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net

    Well it definitely doesn’t look like the grave of someone who died inbetween SP and NTTD...

    Yes, it definitely doesn't.
  • CASINOROYALECASINOROYALE Somewhere hot
    Posts: 1,003
    Just talked to the man who took the photo of the grave!!! He told me the following...

    “😁 No it is not Vesper. Maria Rabaioli Lipparini 😒 And Mattoli”

    What does that mean? Are those names or are they translated to something? I’m an American in Texas so a little confused..

    I asked him if those were new characters and he responded...

    “Don’t know, only saw that grave. Many graves were present could be some random names made up for the set piece.”

  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Posts: 826
    Just talked to the man who took the photo of the grave!!! He told me the following...

    “😁 No it is not Vesper. Maria Rabaioli Lipparini 😒 And Mattoli”

    What does that mean? Are those names or are they translated to something? I’m an American in Texas so a little confused..

    I asked him if those were new characters and he responded...

    “Don’t know, only saw that grave. Many graves were present could be some random names made up for the set piece.”

    Yes, could very well be just that.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,200
    Univex wrote: »
    Guys, with no desire to do so, you're probably feeding the (bad) press. In no time at all there will be headlines like "Bond film made by doubles". "Daniel Craig does Bond without being there", and so on and so on. Careful.

    No more filming today then?

    @Univex Going by the schedule it's 06-21 today and tomorrow 06-20 incl. tech prep, closing off streets, etc. Basically the same hours 25-30 aug.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Posts: 2,422
    James Bond does not get wed with that kind of outfit.

    The wedding will be at the end of the movie.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Posts: 5,145
    ggl007 wrote: »
    James Bond does not get wed with that kind of outfit.

    The wedding will be at the end of the movie.

    tumblr_oqjpj7uNnb1r1ult6o2_500.gif
  • Posts: 1,678
    peter wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    My point is Craig did a lot of the CR construction chase and did the skyfall train fight all on his own at 30 mph on top of a train. No doubles. He hadn’t done a single stunt yet from what we’ve seen.

    How’d he tear the ligaments in his ankle, @Tuck91 ??
    Slipped off the dock in Jamaica as reported.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 5,341
    For Terminator: Genisys, I worked on set for days on two major action sequences, one being the Golden Gate Bridge scene; at no time was the primary cast present.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Posts: 826
    ggl007 wrote: »
    James Bond does not get wed with that kind of outfit.

    The wedding will be at the end of the movie.

    Yes, too casual for a wedding, especially for a groom.

    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Both Bonds jacket and Swanns dress look closer in style to their outfits from Morocco.

    Spectre-0820.jpg

    Sorry for the off topic, but this is a great shot.

  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,200
    Question: How come Billy Magnussen still have no character name listed? I get it why they wanna keep Malik's name a secret, but Billys? Do we even know anything about his character? CIA? Thug? The scientist? Bond's secret lover? LOL

  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2019 Posts: 2,424
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    My point is Craig did a lot of the CR construction chase and did the skyfall train fight all on his own at 30 mph on top of a train. No doubles. He hadn’t done a single stunt yet from what we’ve seen.

    Your point is pointless since what we've seen is basically zero. He could've shot a lot of stunts at Pinewood and Jamaica as far as we know. Plus the man is 50 now and he's no Tom Cruise.
    ggl007 wrote: »
    James Bond does not get wed with that kind of outfit.

    The wedding will be at the end of the movie.

    So Bond is not goin to die in a FRWL fashion. This confirms that yes, Italy won't feature just for the PTS.
    Just talked to the man who took the photo of the grave!!! He told me the following...

    “😁 No it is not Vesper. Maria Rabaioli Lipparini 😒 And Mattoli”

    What does that mean? Are those names or are they translated to something? I’m an American in Texas so a little confused..

    I asked him if those were new characters and he responded...

    “Don’t know, only saw that grave. Many graves were present could be some random names made up for the set piece.”

    Yes, could very well be just that.

    So how about the news regarding the grave of Bond's old flame? There must be a reason why Bond goes to a cemetery.
Sign In or Register to comment.