No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Will the real actors be on this film? ;)

Craig can be Bond for the next copules of decades. They have everything they need on the harddisks in Pinewood :-)

Not far from reality...
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »

Shooting action scenes must be so much fun :-).

@boldfinger Yeah, but damn exhausting for us here trying to keep up and finding fresh relevant info, pics & footage..

8-}
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I'm genuinely excited about the return of the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, but more DB5 is just very boring. The freshness that CR brought will be all gone by the end of Craig's tenure.

I love the DB5. Seeing it again doing all this stuff only reinforces my passion. I’ll be sad to see it destroyed...again. I can’t get enough of it. It’s quintessential Bond and a gorgeous machine to look at. A symbol of a time Bond identifies with. It’s just brilliant. Thank you EON for bringing it to us again.

My feelings exactly, @Univex
    Who is chasing that Aston Martin db5?
    I don't see any other car behind that.

Good question. Maybe they are just trying to get the hell out of Dodge. Still plenty of days to have chasevehicles, just not on the locations used today.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    leas_mole wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Is Bond wearing the burgundy tie? Can’t tell.

Daily mails gallery - No tie on the stunt driver

And that looks much better. Maybe the tie was a decoy so we wouldn’t know that was Bond.

Not a decoy, the tie obviously comes off at some point, which suggests Bond visits grave alone, gets ambushed on the bridge, jumps from bridge, scrambles back to DB5 where Madeleine is waiting and the Spectre men catch up and the car chase kicks off.

Or...a decoy so we wouldn’t know for sure it was Bond in the filming of that pivotal scene. Isn’t that possible, considering all the secrecy surrounding the production?

Then again, you’re probably right.

The Colonel could be on to something, The stunt driver's jacket was very crumpled

17670408-7392487-image-a-24_1566740373790.jpg

It was clearer in one of the video's, but the drivers jacket is crumpled with patches of dirt on it.

There's mostly dirt on the ground at the cemetary, which would fit with the theory that he gets into a fight at the cemetary, then tries to escape.
  • robcoperobcope St. Petersburg, FL
    If you kept bringing back the DB5 as the only Aston Martin used in the film for all of Craig's tenure, then sure, it would kill the lure of the car. But that's not what's happening. It appeared in Skyfall for about 20 minutes of the movie, and then it was in Spectre for about 30 seconds. There are two other AMs in this movie. If anything, the DB5 was egregiously omitted throughout the Moore and Dalton eras, and those movies would have been better had they been a bit more true to the roots of the series anyway. You would have had a completely different tone to, say, LTK if you wrote it in such a way where the presence of the DB5 actually made sense. I think people at the time would have felt like Dalton was more Bond and less... angry Timothy Dalton.

The DB5 is Bond.
    Too many stunt doubles as mentioned above are the actors in the movie
    So Lea Seydoux finally seen getting out of the DB5 in the SAME dress she wore at the end of SP x this is a direct sequel ,she is definitely in the PTS it seems and it looks like she is killed in it .
    From ABJ member Monkimedia:

"They are filming again this weekend (24th-27th) on Whitehall Court in London.
    Speaking with security they are filming inside the hotel setup work continues tomorrow so expect they are actually shooting on Monday.

I got some photos of the pictures that will be on the wall so thinking it may be views from M's office."
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    barryt007 wrote: »
    So Lea Seydoux finally seen getting out of the DB5 in the SAME dress she wore at the end of SP x this is a direct sequel ,she is definitely in the PTS it seems and it looks like she is killed in it .
    Where is this picture? The dress I saw looks completely different.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 2,490
    Spectre-1384.jpg

For reference, here is what Bond and Swann were wearing at the end of SP.

Both Bonds jacket and Swanns dress look closer in style to their outfits from Morocco.

Spectre-0820.jpg

• edited August 2019 Posts: 3,156
    matt_u wrote: »
    The guy obscured the name on the grave to avoid spoilers, but to me looks like a woman with dark hair and a surname shorter than her name... aka LYND VESPER.

Rene Mathis
    Yes that's the panoramic road that follows the perimeter of the city.
    torrente-gravina-with-town-along-via-madonna-delle-virtu-with-convent-FDKHYP.jpg
    And we have another webcam:

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/basilicata/matera/matera-sassi.html
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343
    The guy obscured the name on the grave to avoid spoilers, but to me looks like a woman with dark hair and a surname shorter than her name... aka LYND VESPER.

Rene Mathis

Unlikely. Not enough emotional connection between the two to justify the scene to the general audiences. Plus, the reports always talked about an "old flame".

Rene Mathis

Unlikely. Not enough emotional connection between the two to justify the scene to the general audiences. Plus, the reports always talked about an "old flame".

You dont bring your new love interest to visit the grave of your old flame. That's just awkward! Besides why would Lynd be buried there?

Rene Mathis

Lucia Sciarra?

Bond gave her Leiter's number in SP, maybe he couldn't help her. She gets killed sometime between SP and NTTD, Bond visits her grave, shit hits the fan, he retires to Jamaica and Leiter visits him as a result.

Rene Mathis

You dont bring your new love interest to visit the grave of your old flame. That's just awkward!

This is also true but what if Madeleine was waiting for Bond in the DB5? Like Colonel suggested? It would make sense - even if I'm not fully convinced - since seems obvious that the bridge scene (where Bond is alone) takes place right after the cemetery scene. Paying homage to the only other woman who made him quit. I don't know, the only plausible dead character of the Craig era that could make an emotional impact with the audience is Vesper. Or perhaps that's Madeleine's grave. :D
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Rene Mathis

Lucia Sciarra?

Bond gave her Leiter's number in SP, maybe he couldn't help her. She gets killed sometime between SP and NTTD, Bond visits her grave, shit hits the fan, he retires to Jamaica and Leiter visits him as a result.

Another character the audience doesn't care about. I don't see enough emotional resonance.
  • RC7RC7
    Tuck91 wrote: »

Every time I scroll through comments there’s always the same mindless brain fart from you. You’re consistent, I’ll give you that.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    edited August 2019 Posts: 138

Rene Mathis

You dont bring your new love interest to visit the grave of your old flame. That's just awkward!

This is also true but what if Madeleine was waiting for Bond in the DB5? Like Colonel suggested? It would make sense - even if I'm not fully convinced - since seems obvious that the bridge scene (where Bond is alone) takes place right after the cemetery scene. Paying homage to the only other woman who made him quit. I don't know, the only plausible dead character of the Craig era that could make an emotional impact with the audience is Vesper. Or perhaps that's Madeleine's grave. :D

Rene Mathis

Lucia Sciarra?

Another character the audience doesn't care about. I don't see enough emotional resonance.

it would be Fukunaga's job to make us care about her! though i also think it's vesper's grave...
    So:

1) Gunbarrel
    2) Iris opens on Bond visiting Vesper's grave
    3) Goons with guns trie to kill him
    4) He runs to the bridge and jumps
    5) Somehow he gets to the DB5 and races to get Madeleine
    6) They both try to escape the goons that at some point chase them with the Maserati and the Triumph motorcycle
    7)...?

Something like this? I find it odd that Bond would visit Vesper's grave, specially after he handled her interrogation tape in SP. Nah, I don't know, something's missing. But I do love not knowing for sure. Speaking of for sure, wouldn't someone with instagram ask that guy what name was on the grave?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Another old flame is M but why would they bury her there?
    It could be someone we haven't seen in previous films but might see in NTTD as a flashback.
    That graveyard scene could be flashback
    duke_togo wrote: »

Rene Mathis

Rene Mathis

Lucia Sciarra?

it would be Fukunaga's job to make us care about her! though i also think it's vesper's grave...

I asked the guy who took the pic. Let’s see if he replies.
    boldfinger wrote: »

Shooting action scenes must be so much fun :-).

@boldfinger Yeah, but damn exhausting for us here trying to keep up and finding fresh relevant info, pics & footage..

8-}
    @Contraband, that is no excuse soldier ;-)
    Why would Lynd be buried there?

There’s no logic reason as far as we know. But still if they want to come full circle with CR she seems the most poignant choice, from an emotional standpoint.

There’s no logic reason as far as we know. But still if they want to come full circle with CR she seems the most poignant choice, from an emotional standpoint.

It would make more sense if it was Lucia. We don't know what happened to her, she is italian and her grave could be surveilled by SPECTRE.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Tuck91 wrote: »

Is this your first time seeing how a film like this is made?

Rene Mathis

It is awkward, but Swann is a shrink, she might try to help Bond work through everything that's gone down since CR, and suggest getting some closure by visiting the grave. Maybe he watched the tape.

Swann knows Vesper was the big one, so he's not exactly, "honey I just gotta stop off here for a sec" and popping off to her grave, then jumping off a bridge.

It would make more sense if it was Lucia. We don't know what happened to her, and she is italian.

Vesper died in Italy, even if quite far from Matera. Maybe Bond spent some time with her in Matera during their Italy trip and wants to come back. Sounds like a stretch, I don’t know. Lucia is Italian, true, but why paying homage to her? After they spent just a night together? Weird.

It would make more sense if it was Lucia. We don't know what happened to her, and she is italian.

Vesper died in Italy, even if quite far from Matera. Maybe Bond spent some time with her in Matera during their Italy trip and wants to come back. Sounds like a stretch, I don’t know. Lucia is Italian, true, but why paying homage to her? After they spent just a night together?
    Because he pretty much guaranteed her safety, after she spilled the beans, telling him the location of the SPECTRE meeting? She's a loose end, and a tombstone with her name on it, is a nice way of tying things up.