No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

12422432452472481211

Comments

  • Posts: 11,425
    It's a bit naff
  • Posts: 8,704
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    I almost immediately thought of High Time To Kill too. :) It’s a pity they can’t use some of the excellent titles from the continuation novels.

    I still think that it would have been cooler to have revealed the title in the first trailer like with The Rise Of Skywalker.



    Oh that would of been excellent title. High Time To Kill is one my of my favorite none Fleming Bond novels.

    Mine too though now I am hoping Craig is lured back for a 6th film with a Fleming title
    I immediately had to think of my favorite band:
    64e7a2b2f481b5ff89e6ba2a6e0855be.jpeg

    Indeed 60s and I quite like it, even though it does sound a bit generic. But I'm mostly a Bond fan of the 60s and 80s, my preferred decades, 60s on top. I love classic Bond the most, for many reasons and NTTD seems to fit the bill. So far so good, gents, ladies.

    I would love Robbie Krieger for the main title song ... an instrumental rock track from the remaining member of the doors


    Yeah that would rock


    Of course beyond this title possibly not being from Fleming ( I plan on rereading all of Fleming cause this phrase is so obvious I am shocked no one in any of the novels or short stories uttered this phrase) this does kill the title pattern theory that I have had since the 2000’s (though I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way nor am I the only one who realized it)


    Although a conspiratorial thought occurred to me....

    Much like 1991’s The Property of a lady doesn’t exist but serves to help the pattern as it was almost made could in theory if we found out Boyle’s Bond 25 was going to be named after a location fit the same way?


    Shrugs if we are desperate enough to find meaning in things I suppose it could work but if the pattern theory is truely dead then that means Bond 26’s title could be anything...


    Overall I like the title I don’t love it but I don’t hate it
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Posts: 342
    I guess some people here would have preferred "No Time Revoked".

    Otherwise, the title is adequate. Sure, it has "die" in it, but they hadn't used that word in 18 years, and the problem was that at one point they had overused permutations of "live", "die", and "kill" with...

    A View to a Kill
    The Living Daylights
    Licence to Kill
    (Goldeneye)
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    (The World Is not Enough)
    Die Another Day
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 11,548
    64e7a2b2f481b5ff89e6ba2a6e0855be.jpeg

    68940251_2392223324390108_8430772435056252349_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fadl3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

    Bond: "That's all right. I wasn't using it."
  • Posts: 13,262
    I guess some people here would have preferred "No Time Revoked".

    Otherwise, the title is adequate. Sure, it has "die" in it, but they hadn't used that word in 18 years, and the problem was that at one point they had overused permutations of "live", "die", and "kill" with...

    A View to a Kill
    The Living Daylights
    Licence to Kill
    (Goldeneye)
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    (The World Is not Enough)
    Die Another Day

    I think people overestimate the number of times Die was used as a title. Or kill for that matter. And there's some words that have more chances to be used in a Bond title than others.

    Compared to the ones rumored, at least No Time to Die sounds Bondian. Generic? Maybe, but far less than Eclipse, Genoma, Mosaic or whatever people here suggested.
  • Posts: 10,541
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I guess some people here would have preferred "No Time Revoked".

    Otherwise, the title is adequate. Sure, it has "die" in it, but they hadn't used that word in 18 years, and the problem was that at one point they had overused permutations of "live", "die", and "kill" with...

    A View to a Kill
    The Living Daylights
    Licence to Kill
    (Goldeneye)
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    (The World Is not Enough)
    Die Another Day

    I think people overestimate the number of times Die was used as a title. Or kill for that matter. And there's some words that have more chances to be used in a Bond title than others.

    Compared to the ones rumored, at least No Time to Die sounds Bondian. Generic? Maybe, but far less than Eclipse, Genoma, Mosaic or whatever people here suggested.

    Agreed. I did not like most of the suggestions I heard, particularly Eclipse and Swansong. Besides anything Fleming-titled or “For Queen and Country,” the final title we got was my favorite of all the suggested ones I’ve read.
  • Posts: 4,350
    Anyone keeping an eye on these very impressive set photos arriving from Matera? These photos ooze Bond.



  • Posts: 3,925
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I guess some people here would have preferred "No Time Revoked".

    Otherwise, the title is adequate. Sure, it has "die" in it, but they hadn't used that word in 18 years, and the problem was that at one point they had overused permutations of "live", "die", and "kill" with...

    A View to a Kill
    The Living Daylights
    Licence to Kill
    (Goldeneye)
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    (The World Is not Enough)
    Die Another Day

    I think people overestimate the number of times Die was used as a title. Or kill for that matter. And there's some words that have more chances to be used in a Bond title than others.

    Compared to the ones rumored, at least No Time to Die sounds Bondian. Generic? Maybe, but far less than Eclipse, Genoma, Mosaic or whatever people here suggested.

    Has there been a movie featuring the word Genoma?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,157
    matt_u wrote: »
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    No Time to Die is a much better title than Rise of Skywalker. Four months on and I dislike that title less and less.

    +1.
    +2
    Bounine wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    I almost immediately thought of High Time To Kill too. :) It’s a pity they can’t use some of the excellent titles from the continuation novels.

    I still think that it would have been cooler to have revealed the title in the first trailer like with The Rise Of Skywalker.
    That's exactly what I didn't want to happen! I'm so glad they revealed the title before releasing the teaser.

    Why?

    Because
    A. There's no reason to postpone such an announcement for so long. It only creates a huge hype and if the title sucks (like Rise of the Skywalker) it will only create major disappointment.
    B. I wouldn't be able to enjoy the teaser because I would keep asking myself "so, what's the title? C'mon, reveal the title already!"
  • Posts: 10,541
    Not to get too off-topic, but I thought The Rise of Skywalker was an average title. Didn't particularly disappoint or wow me. I do prefer No Time to Die as a title, but it could be because of my bias a Bond fan (I'm a SW fan to an extent as well, but not near as big as Bond). Hopefully for those unconvinced, the title can be a grower and improve with the film's release. Personally I'm quite satisfied, especially with how it pays respect to Terence and Cubby.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,941
    Anyone keeping an eye on these very impressive set photos arriving from Matera? These photos ooze Bond.




    I've already posted a bunch of pics of the DB5 one page back, from the same link.

    And the yacht-thing. The article writes about a top secret crew dining onboard. But I don't see the connection to Bond.
  • Posts: 13,262
    vzok wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I guess some people here would have preferred "No Time Revoked".

    Otherwise, the title is adequate. Sure, it has "die" in it, but they hadn't used that word in 18 years, and the problem was that at one point they had overused permutations of "live", "die", and "kill" with...

    A View to a Kill
    The Living Daylights
    Licence to Kill
    (Goldeneye)
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    (The World Is not Enough)
    Die Another Day

    I think people overestimate the number of times Die was used as a title. Or kill for that matter. And there's some words that have more chances to be used in a Bond title than others.

    Compared to the ones rumored, at least No Time to Die sounds Bondian. Generic? Maybe, but far less than Eclipse, Genoma, Mosaic or whatever people here suggested.

    Has there been a movie featuring the word Genoma?

    Doesn't make it appropriate for Bond. Genoma can be a good title in its own right but for a spy thriller? I don't see it. It's not even evocative. How about DNA or Molecule while we're at it?
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I guess some people here would have preferred "No Time Revoked".

    Otherwise, the title is adequate. Sure, it has "die" in it, but they hadn't used that word in 18 years, and the problem was that at one point they had overused permutations of "live", "die", and "kill" with...

    A View to a Kill
    The Living Daylights
    Licence to Kill
    (Goldeneye)
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    (The World Is not Enough)
    Die Another Day

    I think people overestimate the number of times Die was used as a title. Or kill for that matter. And there's some words that have more chances to be used in a Bond title than others.

    Compared to the ones rumored, at least No Time to Die sounds Bondian. Generic? Maybe, but far less than Eclipse, Genoma, Mosaic or whatever people here suggested.

    Agreed. I did not like most of the suggestions I heard, particularly Eclipse and Swansong. Besides anything Fleming-titled or “For Queen and Country,” the final title we got was my favorite of all the suggested ones I’ve read.

    Queen and Country is a great title, but it's already the title of a semi famous (and absolutely brilliant) series of novels and graphic novels.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,941

  • Posts: 19,339
    Ludovico wrote: »
    vzok wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I guess some people here would have preferred "No Time Revoked".

    Otherwise, the title is adequate. Sure, it has "die" in it, but they hadn't used that word in 18 years, and the problem was that at one point they had overused permutations of "live", "die", and "kill" with...

    A View to a Kill
    The Living Daylights
    Licence to Kill
    (Goldeneye)
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    (The World Is not Enough)
    Die Another Day

    I think people overestimate the number of times Die was used as a title. Or kill for that matter. And there's some words that have more chances to be used in a Bond title than others.

    Compared to the ones rumored, at least No Time to Die sounds Bondian. Generic? Maybe, but far less than Eclipse, Genoma, Mosaic or whatever people here suggested.

    Has there been a movie featuring the word Genoma?

    Doesn't make it appropriate for Bond. Genoma can be a good title in its own right but for a spy thriller? I don't see it. It's not even evocative. How about DNA or Molecule while we're at it?
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I guess some people here would have preferred "No Time Revoked".

    Otherwise, the title is adequate. Sure, it has "die" in it, but they hadn't used that word in 18 years, and the problem was that at one point they had overused permutations of "live", "die", and "kill" with...

    A View to a Kill
    The Living Daylights
    Licence to Kill
    (Goldeneye)
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    (The World Is not Enough)
    Die Another Day

    I think people overestimate the number of times Die was used as a title. Or kill for that matter. And there's some words that have more chances to be used in a Bond title than others.

    Compared to the ones rumored, at least No Time to Die sounds Bondian. Generic? Maybe, but far less than Eclipse, Genoma, Mosaic or whatever people here suggested.

    Agreed. I did not like most of the suggestions I heard, particularly Eclipse and Swansong. Besides anything Fleming-titled or “For Queen and Country,” the final title we got was my favorite of all the suggested ones I’ve read.

    Queen and Country is a great title, but it's already the title of a semi famous (and absolutely brilliant) series of novels and graphic novels.

    And an old Denzil Washington film as well.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,547
    Contraband wrote: »
    Was waiting for this. Awesome.
  • Contraband wrote: »

    That feels so retro!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 3,502
    FoxRox wrote: »

    So no tuxedo in the PTS means no wedding in the PTS...
  • Posts: 777
    FoxRox wrote: »

    Yes! Although I really don't care for this new tie.
  • Posts: 19,339
    FoxRox wrote: »

    Exactly my thoughts,even the same shoes !
  • Posts: 10,541
    matt_u wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »

    So no tuxedo in the PTS means no wedding in the PTS...

    I thought the tuxedo sequence was rumored to be tied in with the parts in Cuba?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,941
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Posts: 5,172
    I think that could be the same jacket he is wearing in Norway in the car. It's the one that David presented on the Bond expirience.
  • manovermanover uk
    Posts: 149
    Yes it looks like the same jacket in norway
  • manovermanover uk
    Posts: 149
    Could it be that they are filming both the PTS and a later seen in italy?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 6,070
    Are we sure this is supposed to be Bond?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,748
    Horrible tie. Don’t like that combination at all.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,748
    00Agent wrote: »
    I think that could be the same jacket he is wearing in Norway in the car. It's the one that David presented on the Bond expirience.

    It’s a different jacket. The Norway jacket doesn’t have flap pockets, nor a ticket pocket.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,547
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Horrible tie. Don’t like that combination at all.
    Yeah, that suit is horrible.
Sign In or Register to comment.