No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018

Slider - 3 pics
  • manovermanover uk
    Im really hoping that matera plays a bigger part in the movie and not just the pts.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Contraband wrote: »
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    A piece of Furniture to be used in Bond 25. Getting very retro vibes from this.

Some info about the chair:

Bond 25 rented it (or them) from Three Magdalen Street, Norwich, UK,
    Verner Panton – 275 Chair
    Rare 275 chair
    Manufacture: A.Sommer
    Distribution: Thonet
    POA

Design info (in this case in black paint)

From Pamono

Model 275 S-Chair Cantilever Chair by Verner Panton for A. Sommer/Thonet, 1965
    Vintage Design

This S-chair, model 275, was manufactured by A. Sommer in 1965 following a design by Verner Panton from 1956. It is made entirely from black lacquered plywood and is in a very good vintage condition with some signs of use.

Designer Verner Panton
    Born in Denmark in 1926, Verner Panton studied at Odense Technical College before enrolling in the Architecture Department at the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts. From 1950 until 1952, he worked for Arne Jacobsen’s firm before founding his own studio dedicated to experimental architecture and design in 1955.

Panton was passionate about plastics and other new materials, which he exploited to achieve vibrantly colored, geometric forms inspired by Pop Art. In 1959, he debuted his Cone Chair, which led to a number of commissions and partnerships with manufacturers. In 1960, he developed the first inflatable furniture collection and began to create futuristic “total environments” in which the walls, floors, ceiling, and furnishings were treated in a unifying aesthetic.

In the early ’60s, Panton moved to Basel and began a long and productive relationship with Vitra, with whom he developed the iconic Panton Chair, the first cantilevered chair made from a single piece of plastic.

Manufacturer Thonet
    Design Period 1950 to 1959
    Country of Origin Germany
    Style Design Classics, Mid-Century
    Product Code NX0010
    Materials Plywood

Price tag: $4,686.00 + $845.00 Insured Delivery from Germany

Wonder in what scene it will appear. Feels like an expensive upper class home, enviroment (not the Norway-scene with that yellow house) or perhaps Swanns office.

I was thinking it would be a cool set of chairs for Rami's characters setting. Really gives me Dr. No vibes
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    For Blofeld, they could also very easily retcon a few things from Spectre. Blofeld may have for instance decided pettily to take full credit for being the "author of all [Bond's] pain" just to brag and strike a chord in Bond, as siblings can do.
    I mean, SPECTRE/Quantum may be responsible for the events of CR and QoS and provided support to Silva in SF, but Blofeld himself may have not played a huge part in all of this, even if he says that he's had.

No, no and no. Besides, he's not Bond's sibling.

B25 thread.
    The million pound question is about setting up the next series. Will they close the door on Blofeld with Bond 25, leaving the next actor fight a SPECTRE organization with a different (or new) boss, after Blofeld is killed in Bond 25, or do they intend to have Blofeld back in Bond 26 or Bond 27, even if it's a different Bond actor opposite a different Blofeld actor? Basically, will they do a soft reboot (like they did for Dalton and Brosnan, where they scrap a few years from the age of the character and update some other elements) or will it be again a new continuity, with a new version of Blofeld, with no previous baggage between Bond and him?

I'm wondering about this too. I suspect that EON is taking some notes from Marvel - at least in a specific sense. Marvel's "phase" system means that they can put out a several-film arc with a handful of loosely-linked plotlines and actors. Then, when the contracts are done, move on with the next 'phase.'

This may be smart for EON: hire the next fellow for a 5-picture deal, and decide from the start what the general feel of that tenure will be. Will Spectre be the main antagonist? Smersh? Something else? Are there some actors you could lock in for recurring roles, like the MI6 gang, or Spectre functionaries?

Would be a lot easier to map this from the start, I would think . . .
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    For Blofeld, they could also very easily retcon a few things from Spectre. Blofeld may have for instance decided pettily to take full credit for being the "author of all [Bond's] pain" just to brag and strike a chord in Bond, as siblings can do.
    I mean, SPECTRE/Quantum may be responsible for the events of CR and QoS and provided support to Silva in SF, but Blofeld himself may have not played a huge part in all of this, even if he says that he's had.

B25 thread.

As it's about Blofeld returning in B25, it's relevant.

EON was rightfully lambasted for the asinine foster brother angle and the retcons from CR to SF in Spectre. It's likely that they won't mention it again in B25, but they still can tone down one of the parts that made the least sense (besides the name change) by alluding that Blofeld made a somewhat empty brag to make his foster brother (and not sibling, potato potatoe) mad.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    JamesCraig wrote: »

B25 thread.

As it's about Blofeld returning in B25, it's relevant.

EON was rightfully lambasted for the asinine foster brother angle and the retcons from CR to SF in Spectre. It's likely that they won't mention it again in B25, but they still can tone down one of the parts that made the least sense (besides the name change) by alluding that Blofeld made a somewhat empty brag to make his foster brother (and not sibling, potato potatoe) mad.

I think they'll go for the 'no mention' route. Just have Waltz show up, Madeleine calls him 'Blofeld', Bond calls him 'Blofeld', reference he is/was the head of the evil organisation Spectre, and Waltz can leave after his 10-minute cameo.

Knowing EON, they won't mention foster brothers, 'author of all your pain' or 'cuckoo'. He's the head of Spectre, Bond caught him at the end of the last film, he's now incarcerated, and here to give some plot info dump.

Anyway, here's Rami Malek!
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Fresh article - Car chase in Matera on Sunday 25th

"With a notice posted on the entrances of apartment buildings and some economic activities in the center of Matera, Lotus Production, a company that takes care of the executive production for Italy of the film "Bond 25" (working title) on the secret agent 007, announced that some chase scenes will be carried out on Sunday 25 August with car passes.

The wait is obviously all - but not only - for the legendary Aston Martin, full of accessories, which has characterized the episodes of Her Majesty's British agent with a license to kill.

Shooting is scheduled between 7 am and 7 pm and will be performed along the via Roma-Via XX Settembre axis. During the scenes - it is written in the notice - some cars coming from Piazza Vittorio Veneto, the main square of Matera, will head along Via XX Settembre. At the end of the race, after a roundabout, the cars will go back on other roads.

The production, apologizing for the inconvenience and stating that "we will try to reduce it to a minimum", recalled that the residents in the streets affected by the filming could go out and enter when they wanted, except during the filming: "There will be only our staff of security - the company pointed out - that will kindly ask you to wait a few minutes if you should leave or return to your homes, just when the car is being driven ”.

Source

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I wonder who will drive that Jaguar, and which of the cast members will be in Matera for the shooting.
    Fresh article
    Apparently some local people of Gravina in Puglia are afraid that Bond 25 filming might destroy archaeological sites, because of action scene written in the script... Mayor is confident and supporting the filming.

"The entire crew and production of 007 has landed in Puglia to shoot the next episode of the saga that tells the story of the most famous secret agent in the world. Yesterday, the landing of Bond 25 flight at Bari airport, and then to Gravina in Puglia. The Murgian town will, in fact, be the set of the film together with the nearby Matera, for shoots that will begin at the end of August to continue throughout the month of September.

Not all, however, have taken it well: controversies meander into political circles and among the citizens of Gravina. Actually, the main site Daniel Craig and company was granted the archaeological site of the rock ruins for the scenes in front of the camera that will document the new adventures of the fascinating agent 007. A nice return in terms of revenue and advertising for the city ​​of Gravina in Puglia, but also the risk of seeing the precious archaeological sites ruined among the dizzying pursuits envisaged by the script.

An eventuality that does not seem to breach the concerns of Alesio Valente, mayor of the town in the heart of the Murgia, who explains on Facebook: «Today we are even in the international press for the filming of the new film 007 in Gravina. For years we will reap the benefits of this opportunity that we have seized. Yet I don't understand. I do not understand those who are always against everyone and everything, most of the time to counter the mayor. I do not understand: Gravina has a unique opportunity, to be the background (together with Matera, like Matera) to the James Bond film, which means visibility all over the world, and as always begins the hammering of opposites by party, while all of Puglia envies us for the opportunity we are seizing ».

Valente anticipates the questions of citizenship and tries to clarify: «All the interventions have been previously authorized by the Superintendency and are taking place under the eye of the operators of the Superintendency. Each activity was preceded by analytical studies, even underground. The bridge is not always closed for transit, but only when security reasons require it. As far as its competence is concerned, the Municipality has granted the use of some areas subject to permanent occupation, obtaining a fee that can be converted into a public utility to be carried out in the archaeological area, calculated by the municipal offices on the basis of parameters. fixed. Indeed, it also complains that Gravina will not be mentioned in the credits, but it is not true: it is one of the conditions also set in the concession act. In short, there are all the conditions to stop and enjoy this important opportunity, without lowering our guard to protect our archaeological heritage and the rocky habitat ».

Source

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2019 Posts: 10,588
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Bond 25 is officially titled: NO TIME TO DIE
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    We finally have a title.
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    Just saw the YouTube notfication. Freaking out right now! That's a good title!
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    00Agent wrote: »
    I wonder who will drive that Jaguar, and which of the cast members will be in Matera for the shooting.
    Obviously a villain, it is a Jag after all.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    AN ACTUAL TITLE HOORAY
    I really like it.
  • RC7RC7
    Let the mayhem begin.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Teaser trailer soon?????
  • tqbtqb
    That’s a good title
    Sigh I am pretty sure this is an original title oh week 3 out of 5 being from Fleming isn’t bad and it’s an ok title I guess this also means the title pattern is sadly truely dead as there is no way this is a location of the climax oh well bring on No Time to die
    Awesome logo too.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,336
    NTTD, weird.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Alright! Any have any stakes for or claim in predicting No Time To Die?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I like it very Bondian.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Awesome title! \m/
    Take that Boyle! Lol
    I'm a big fan. Good font too. Glad they went with this instead of A Reason to Die.

Guess let's all get used to using NTTD?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    AWESOME title!
    Well, it does sound like a Bond film. Good for a Bond song, isn’t it? And a contradiction of sorts to DAD, as in there is no day for dying, no time for it, ever. I like it, it’s way better than most titles we have conjured. Not particularly smart or interesting, but sexy enough. I do like the lettering and logo.