No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I would like Eon to hire me to do the poster. Not gonna happen, but I can dream haha :D

And also you could consider the death of Madeleine (if it does happen) to be amongst the action in the finale, with Bond's "revenge" being acted out briefly when he kills man who killed her. Malek or Waltz, probably Malek. It may seem rushed on paper, but could work in the context of the film.

I won't be surprised, if the Norway sequence is a flashback, that the fall through the ice is called back to in some way, with maybe either Madeleine going through again or Malek going through for good? If you've seen The Snowman, remember the final confrontation in that film. That's what I can kind of see happening.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I would like Eon to hire me to do the poster. Not gonna happen, but I can dream haha :D

And also you could consider the death of Madeleine (if it does happen) to be amongst the action in the finale, with Bond's "revenge" being acted out briefly when he kills man who killed her. Malek or Waltz, probably Malek. It may seem rushed on paper, but could work in the context of the film.

I won't be surprised, if the Norway sequence is a flashback, that the fall through the ice is called back to in some way, with maybe either Madeleine going through again or Malek going through for good? If you've seen The Snowman, remember the final confrontation in that film. That's what I can kind of see happening.
    Alternatively, to avoid that pesky term "fridging", I could see her being wounded and Craig believing her to be dead.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Minion wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »

Alternatively, to avoid that pesky term "fridging", I could see her being wounded and Craig believing her to be dead.
    Again I think fridging really depends on the character. Obviously we know fridging is when a female character is killed in service of a male character's arc and development, but if this development in the story feels important to her arc as well as developing the male characters, then surely it could work? For example...
    I personally think Gamora in Avengers was fridged, whereas Vesper Lynd was not. Gamora's death in that film felt kinda underdeveloped on her side, and in the end was kind of just used as a way to get Peter to get distracted. Vesper Lynd's death was definitely part of her arc, and was more or less inevitable. Gamora's death was a plot point more than the natural progression of a character.
    Like I always say it's all about context with these things so we can never really be sure. If you would had told me 10 years ago that M was going to be the major player in one of the plots of a James Bond film, I would've struggled to imagine how that could work but Skyfall went above and beyond of what I could have ever thought of.
    Two photo from July of the Vallalah in Scotland : https://www.alamyimages.fr/photos-images/aston-martin-valhalla.html
    Already as a kid I liked cars with such a bubbly roof :-).
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    The driver in the Valhalla (first pic) is blonde and has a similarity with Craig. None of the bystanders resembles Lashana Lynch. I do not think its is likely that she will drive that car in the Scotland (or Norway) scene.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    "This happened to the other fellow."
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 4,400
    For those keeping tabs, the next big blockbuster is 'It Chapter Two' which is projected to make $110m at the box office opening weekend in the USA:
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/box-office-it-chapter-two-opening-weekend-tracking-1203302473/

That's double what 'Hobbs and Shaw' made. I suspect the trailer will either be attached to 'It' or 'Joker' - both are comparable in tone and the type of audience they are seeking.

I think we could get something the week commencing 2 September 2019 with a set visit shortley after in Italy. Has @ggl007 @marketto007 or @antovolk heard anything?

Also, alleged filming taking place in Southampton...
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Hmm with these SPECTRE members I'm beginning to think we're getting another meeting scene. Hopefully better than the last one.

Since Madeleine has a secretary, and with her allegedly visiting Blofeld in prison, I also think she has more of an ally role this time around instead of reluctant accomplice. I'm not so convinced anymore that the movie will begin with her and Bond in a honeymoon or whatever.

I did read here that there's a wedding scene being filmed though? Maybe we're wrong in assuming it happens at the start of the film and instead it's at the end of the film? Although that would be kinda repetitive of the SP ending, with Bond leaving the service. It's a head-scratcher for sure.

The wedding scene info comes from Sassilive. They reported months ago - way before Matera being confirmed to be part of 25 by other international newspapers - that a wedding scene will be filmed at the Marina di Pisticci beach. Time will tell. The good news is that Matera's shoots are imminent so by September we will know for sure if Madeleine will be involved or not.

The main thing is this. Bond in SP quits MI6 "choosing life" (as Danny Boyle would say) with Madeleine. She is the one that paved the way to this choice, for the second time in Bond's life. Now, we know that in Jamaica Bond is alone and retired from work. It has been reported that Matera is the PTS. Based on this, I find it hard to believe that Madeleine wouldn't been involved in the beginning of 25, since basically she's the reason why Bond quitted.

I also think she'll have a larger role than a lot of people thinks and she'll turn out to be the "a reason to die" of the film.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I think we could get something the week commencing 2 September 2019 with a set visit shortley after in Italy. Has @ggl007 @marketto007 or @antovolk heard anything?
    From a completely unofficial source ;) I've heard that there will be something with the press, but after filming. Maybe September-October...
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    @ggl007 thanks for the update mate
    ggl007 wrote: »
    From a completely unofficial source ;) I've heard that there will be something with the press, but after filming. Maybe September-October...

Yeah, which is the same as what Marketto heard. Maybe that first week of October (in time for Global James Bond Day and Joker) would be it...
    Lashana has posted a new photo in Instagram.....is this from the set?

she looks great here...i'd be very happy if this was a look from the set.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXFAyiXtDCjsVwVvSPkfcKUJjZcEhLcWYV9yP4bxPJmoW1W_Ci
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I like the title 'Mosiac'

8hskhnusatg31.png
    I like the title 'Mosiac'

8hskhnusatg31.png

I'll take a bow ;)

not a huge fan of your logo, this this still the best logo

007MOSAIC2_zpsd9137dfa.jpg
    Lashana has posted a new photo in Instagram.....is this from the set?

she looks great here...i'd be very happy if this was a look from the set.

Firm disagree. Too reminiscent of what they did to that poor girl on WB’s Titans show, making her look like a cheap hooker.
    A video from Matera with the hotel room but also some guys working around the cemetery and caves at 1:15

https://youtu.be/LQBjXqu_VPI
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    For a project with so many positives , that photo is so disappointing ; I hope her performance is strong
    talos7 wrote: »
    For a project with so many positives , that photo is so disappointing ; I hope her performance is strong

She looks so edgy and cool though. I'm really into it.

Lupita was recently spotted on set of 355 in London....personally, the more of Lynch i see, the more happy I am that Lupita passed.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7362349/Jessica-Chastain-cradles-baby-daughter-takes-break-filming-London.html
    17337824-7362349-image-a-34_1565913701089.jpg

2020 is a big year for spy films!

I'm ranking them:
    1. Bond 25 (obviously)
    2. Tenet
    3. Black Widow (though I did struggle with placing this below Tenet)
    4. 355
    5. The King's Man
    Well I’m not going to get overly detailed, it just wouldn’t be polite; I’ll just say that I would not use the word edgy, and everyone has a different view of what’s attractive.
    Well I’m not going to get overly detailed, it just wouldn’t be polite; I’ll just say that I would not use the word edgy, and everyone has a different view of what’s attractive.

I think she exudes attitude and confidence, so I agree with Pierce2Daniel@

Oh I won’t deny that those two qualities are there.
    Oh I won’t deny that those two qualities are there.

Yep, strong qualities which I'm sure will suit her character very well.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Lio007 wrote: »
    A video from Matera with the hotel room but also some guys working around the cemetery and caves at 1:15

https://youtu.be/LQBjXqu_VPI

Screengrab:

cP7MBCj.jpg
    khUnij2.jpg
    SKqNKFJ.jpg

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Did some digging. Exact location steel rig/balcony set, Matera:

(Adress) Belvedere di Piazza Giovanni Pascoli

s9u1AAY.jpg
    fnvZqzu.jpg
    adR9pr0.jpg
    FGH0nYD.jpg
    mDS3ny5.jpg
    rUwbU3K.jpg
    hGejbqd.jpg
    ZHLAH8T.jpg

Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/AhGHph39y3dTeA8R8

Screengrab 5-8 from this video
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=uuA65EsLLB4

It's happening....

james-bond-25-auto-2.jpg
    james-bond-25-auto.jpg

GOD BLESS SASSLIVE!

thumbs_b_c_25db01058f7397bcd39013c4604a6054.jpg?v=212602

I think we may FINALLY be getting a chase sequence of Bond in an Aston Martin DB5 in a tuxedo. Can't wait.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    It's happening....

james-bond-25-auto-2.jpg
    james-bond-25-auto.jpg

GOD BLESS SASSLIVE!

thumbs_b_c_25db01058f7397bcd39013c4604a6054.jpg?v=212602

I think we may FINALLY be getting a chase sequence of Bond in an Aston Martin DB5 in a tuxedo. Can't wait.

Very interesting, great find. Wonder how this fits in the movie
    Db5 is back
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    The article also mentions Roll Royce's.

Is that the car of choice for SPECTRE?
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    The article also mentions Roll Royce's.

Is that the car of choice for SPECTRE?

Yes.