No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Smart girl.
    Classy comments.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Station_Z wrote: »

"There is also that of an American cemetery built in recent days near the rock church of Madonna delle Vergini , in the locality of Murgecchia."

American cemetery?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Waller-Bridge is top class. Would like to see her return if the dialogue ends up being as good as I hope. Easy payday for her evidently, too. But hopefully it's money well spent.
    00Agent wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Pavlo wrote: »
    32 sets in Matera area - it doesn't look like PTS scene.
    Yes, PTS scene can have many sets, be very complicated, but specifics of mentioned sets in Matera force to think that they are for different scenes.

I think PTS won't be there. My bet - Norway part.

I'm hoping a car chase in Matera isn't the PTS, too similar to QoS.

Which came out 12 years ago.

Based on what we know, shooting in Southern Italy doesn't sound too "Craig PTS", or at least we are in for a different kind of PTS. Longer, with more characters moments than usual. 32 sets, the hotel room, the cemetary, the museum, 1200 extra, filming with children, the caves, the Maratea coastline, the wedding (?). It just doesn't sound like a full action bang opening. Sounds more like a very long prologue.

Indeed,maybe they are trying to break TWINE's record.

I hope not. The PTS of TWINE was overlong.

No, it's just the right size... for me that is.

I think it would have worked better with only the Bilbao scene. Then maybe (maybe) add the Renard scene that was cut.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,548
    Station_Z wrote: »

One of those set photos of the "hotel" set show some buildings materials on the floor labelled "CAVE" in big green letters...

This got me thinking. Joseph Campbell once wrote, "The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek."

Statement about the traffic closures for filming at Matera. Quite a lot of streets and places are concerned from August 16th to September 25th: https://trmtv.it/home/cultura/cinema/2019_08_14/208895.html
    James Bond steht auf „Schrott“-Kunst aus Köln
    https://bild.de/regional/koeln/koeln-aktuell/koeln-james-bond-steht-auf-schrott-kunst-von-ha-schult-63897390.bild.html

When the Cologne action artist presents his 1000 sculptures in Sassi di Matera (Italy) on August 24th and 25th, cinema hero Daniel Craig (52) will be a guest at the event in the small southern Italian mountain resort.

"Here in and at the famous caves is the next Bond opening credits. Whether my there installed 'Trash People' will be seen on the edge of the film, is not yet clear. "And further:" I am an artist and not a film outfitter. And I have absolute priority here with my art! "

James Bond trifft Kölner Promi in Süditalien
    https://express.de/koeln/was-hecken-die-denn-aus--james-bond-trifft-koelner-promi-in-sueditalien-32464814

"At the moment, the Bond agents are sitting with my agent," reports Schult.

"The scene should probably be used for the longer 007 opening credits." And Schult also explains: "The Bond films are indeed based on product placement. Because fit my sculptures so well into the picture. Thus the discarded is recycled in art.

So much is already certain: On the weekend of the 24th and 25th of August 2019, Schult's trash people will be standing in front of the worldwide unique cave skyline of Matera during the filming of the now 25th James Bond.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Lio007 wrote: »
    Statement about the traffic closures for filming at Matera. Quite a lot of streets and places are concerned from August 16th to September 25th: https://trmtv.it/home/cultura/cinema/2019_08_14/208895.html

Fantastico!
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Pavlo wrote: »
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/fleabag-creator-phoebe-waller-bridge-writing-bond-25-her-secret-new-movie-1231046

Great interview with PWB where she spoke a little bit about B25.

"There's something about James Bond that always intrigued me in a similar way that Villanelle did," says Waller-Bridge, referencing Comer's Killing Eve assassin. "They live a fantasy! But it's a life none of us would ever want, if we're honest. We don't want to go put a bullet in someone's head to sleep with people and have martinis. It's a kind of fantasy nightmare." Asked about reports that Bond 25 actress Lashana Lynch will be picking up the 007 mantle, she says, "The whole thing has potential to birth new iconic characters all the time."

She's cognizant and somewhat suspicious of the mild frenzy around her contribution: "A lot has been made of me coming on board because I'm a woman, and that's wonderful. But also I can't take credit for the movie that was written. It's Cary's movie."

PWB clearly intends that we'll see Cary's film. Of course, movie has number of screenwrites but accoding to PWB words Cary is probably main author of this film.

They paid her 2 million that's alot of money.
    That set looks incredibly realistic
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    When filming srarts in Italy?
    Only a couple more days until the camera's roll then?!!! :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Do we know when? (I've been away)
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Univex wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Do we know when? (I've been away)

As discussed by the Italian press, vehicles will have no access (and no right to park) at the Porta Pistola square/courtyard and the square between Via Madonne delle Virtù and Vico Sant'Agostino as early as August 16th, that's in two days. I presume that will be used for the units to park and set up shop, with trailers and the like.

Filming in earnest (closing down streets and the like for shorter periods of time) seems to begin on the 24th.
    I'm not sure if this will be second unit only, or if the first unit will be there as well. I seem to remember the media were reporting Craig would arrive in September, so if it's a vehicle chase, it might be second unit only for August.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Zekidk wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Based on what we know, shooting in Southern Italy doesn't sound too "Craig PTS", or at least we are in for a different kind of PTS. Longer, with more characters moments than usual. 32 sets, the hotel room, the cemetary, the museum, 1200 extra
    And we just learned: a motorcycle chase on rooftops. Not too Craig PTS? There was a hotel room in SP, too. And thousand of extras.

Here's my take: We know for a fact that scene 15 takes place at the cabin. That leaves a maximum of 14 scenes for the southern Italy scenes if they take place before. Now, scene 14 in SP is Bond entering Whitehall at the 16 min mark right after the main titles. In both SF and TWINE, the main titles were at the 16 min mark. But SF had a lot more scenes than both TWINE and SP. So judged from what we know about Matera, it's really impossible to tell if the PTS is short or long. It could be the longest in Bond history, or it could be one of the shortest. They spent three months in Turkey just for the 15 minutes PTS of SF.

In fact, we don't know ANYTHING about what will be the PTS, what will be the direct follow up and so on.

I do think that Matera will not be in it. Unless you want to ramp up a car chase, motorcycle chase and cemetery visit in 10 minutes.

We don't know ANYTHING about the length of the PTS. The only thing we know for certain is that scene 15 takes place at the cabin. We also know that a scene can be anywhere from 10 seconds to 10 minutes. There has been so many reports about Matera being the PTS, but I guess a clapperboard picture the coming month will reveal a whole lot.

I think the entire film will be the gunbarrel, perfectly executed, on an endless loop.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Red_Snow wrote: »

The very realistic balcony (exterior) together with the detailed inside (interior: wallpapers etc) must mean they gonna shoot both inside and outside so to speak. Otherwise they wouldn't put in so much work to all the details. Let's repeat:

@Univex thoughts after me thinking the wallpapers was ugly (palm trees in my mind):

"They actually look like orange trees to me. Some of them have fruits hanging on the branches. There are also other motifs, like birds and other kinds of trees. There are few things that accentuate the feel of the Mediterranean garden more that a citrus tree laden with juicy fruit. So, I'd say Matera is Matera. Ugly wall paper or not I bet I'll all look wonderful. The light blue walls against that wonderful blue sky. The iron railings on the veranda. These guys know what they're doing."

And he's quite right.

Perhaps it starts with a fight inside - through one of the balcony doors/windows - out on the balcony - leaping from there - chase begins...

edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    https://giornalemio.it/cronaca/per-james-bond-25-conto-alla-rovescia/

Shooting schedule for Matera

Detailed press release from the article with the balcony pic. I've used google translate if the grammar and words looks weird here and there.

A week or so for the start of filming in Matera of the 25th film of the series dedicated to James Bond, the secret agent of the British "M16" services with license to kill. And the confirmation that is missing very little at the first take comes from the orders of the municipal administration in the Sassi districts about the viability (from a logistical point of view we start with parking bans from August 16 at Porta Pistola) and the load tests for the heavy vehicle traffic. A study that has costs and will be useful to the Municipality of Matera to monitor and protect the ancient tuff quarters, of which we have recently dealt with https://giornalemio.it/cronaca/ahi-ahi-la-chianca-nei -sassi-route-to-obstacles / about the state of degradation of the roadbed. But there is something else. And they concern the sets in progress, some thirty, that will host the scenes all adventure, thrillers, loves, seductions, betrayals, intrigues that characterize the films of "007".

Self-catering hotel in progress in Calata Ridola https://giornalemio.it/cinema/007-prenota-stanza-allhotel-balcony-build-nei-sassi/, under the balcony overlooking Piazzetta Pascoli, well integrated under the scenographic aspect with the context of the old tuff buildings of the Sassi districts, most of which in that area are to be consolidated and restructured. from the cinema a suggestion, albeit a temporary one, that with programming, will and resources reduces intervention times. The sets in the park of the Murgia are as distant as the one for the cemetery of Anglo-Saxon style with kiosks, crosses and the inevitable "Requiescat ...". And there is anticipation for the arrival of the protagonists starting with the protagonist Daniel Craig. You guess ... Before him the director Cary Fukunaga, of course, and other collaborators. Of course, for non-experts, all "top secret" and absolute silence after the press conference last July with municipal administrators, production and Lucania film commission. Matera, however, will have its return. Expectation paid off, discomforts understandable for residents and tourists alike, for the local economy that after 2019 will have - we are sure of - a promotional boost perhaps greater than Mel Gibson's 2012 The Passion.

Press release
    Bond arrives, new vehicle traffic regulation in the areas of the city affected by the shooting

All set for the filming of the film "Bond 25". From August 16 to September 21, the city will be affected by the clauses and for this reason the Municipality of Matera has issued an ordinance for the regulation of traffic and parking of vehicles. "Bond 25 - stresses the Councilor for Mobility, Angelo Montemurro - probably represents the film production with the greatest media impact that the city has ever hosted. The making of a film of this importance obviously involves inconveniences that we have tried to limit. The production guaranteed free parking in Via Saragat, free of charge, replacing the stalls for the authorized Rioni Sassi. Bus schedules and further details will be announced in the coming days. We ask the cooperation of citizens and visitors since the presence of the production and filming of the film represents an added value for the whole city "

These in detail the provisions contained in the order:

to. from 16 August to 21 September 2019:
    The temporary establishment of the "0-24" parking ban with forced removal of the vehicles, without exceptions, throughout the Porta Pistola area;

b. from 21 August to 21 September 2019
    • Temporary establishment of the "0-24" parking ban with forced removal of the vehicles, without exceptions, in the entire area of the unmade square between Via Madonne delle Virtù and Vico Sant'Agostino (area where the manholes of the AL lifting pumps are located );

c. from 06.00 am on 24th August 2019 to 10.00 pm on 25th August 2019:
    • Institution prohibiting parking with forced removal of vehicles, without exceptions, in:
    Vico XX Settembre, left side of the direction from the civic front 13 to the civic front 25

d. from 25 August 2019 to 17 September 2019:
    • Temporary establishment of the "0-24" parking ban with forced removal of the vehicles, without exceptions, along all the roads of the Rioni Sassi and the rest areas in front of the routes indicated below: Via D'Addozio, Rec. I D ' Addozio, Via Fiorentini, Via Sant'Antonio Abate, Vico Sant'Agostino, Piazza Garibaldi, Via Madonna Delle Virtù, Piazza San Pietro Caveoso, Via Bruno Buozzi;

is. 25 August 2019 from 00:01 am to 9:00 pm
    • Institution prohibiting parking with forced removal of vehicles, without exceptions, in:
    - Via XX Settembre, both sides, - section between Via Roma / P.za Vittorio Veneto and Via Rosselli;
    - Via Roma, between Via Lucana and Via XX Settembre / P.za Vittorio Veneto;
    - Via La Vista;
    -Via Stigliani, stretch between Via Amendola and Via Gattini;
    -Via Amendola, stretch between Via XX Settembre and Via Stigliani;

f. from 25 August 2019 to 21 September 2019:
    • Establishment prohibition of parking with forced removal of vehicles "0-24" in Via Pentasuglia, stretch between Via Piave and Vico II F.co Paolo Festa, with the exception of vehicles serving the disabled in the special parking stall.

g. from 20:00 on 02 September to 21:00 on 03 September 2019:
    • Establishment of the "0-24" parking ban with forced removal of vehicles, both sides without exceptions, in:
    -Via Casalnuovo, stretch between Via Cappuccini and Via Ridola;
    -Via Ridola, between Via Lucana and Via Duni;
    - Via Duni;
    -Via Lucana, from number 178 to the intersection with Via P. Vena side Dx towards the periphery;
    -Via Lanera, stretch between Via Castello and Via Lucana on the right side in the direction of this last street;

h. from 25 August to 21 September 2019:
    • Prohibition of Transit and suspension of circulation to any type of vehicle without any exception, limited to places, moments and time necessary for filming appropriately indicated by the staff in charge present on site;

the. Loading and unloading operations in the Rioni Sassi in the period from 25 August to 21 September 2019 will be permitted only during the time period from 06:00 to 07:30;

The means used by the production company for filming are excluded from the provision.

ORDER FOR OPERATIONS UNDER THE SCANNER

Subject: Temporary establishment of the parking ban with forced removal of vehicles in Via Bruno Buozzi, a parking area reserved for residents between civic numbers 23 and 34, for laser scanner operations and underground georadar.

THE MANAGER

Given that:
    -with City Council Resolution n. 332/2019 of 09 July 2019 This Administration has authorized the filming of the film entitled "Bond 25", in the period between 15 July and 04 October 2019;
    -with note dated 09 August 2019 assumed in the prot. January n. 0064300/2019 of 09.08.2019 the Production Company Lotus Production requested the adoption of a provision on August 14, 2019 for banning parking of vehicles in Via Bruno Buozzi - parking area reserved for residents between the street numbers 23 and 34- in order to allow the Lambda company to perform laser scanner and underground georadar operations in preparation for the technical preparations for the filming of the film "Bond 25";

Therefore, it was deemed necessary to establish a temporary parking ban with forced removal of the vehicles Via Bruno Buozzi - a parking area reserved for residents between civic numbers 23 and 34-, from 07:00 to 16:00 and in any case until ceased need, of 14.08.2019,

Seen the articles 5, 6 and 7 of the C.d.S. issued with Legislative Decree 04/30/1992. n. 285 of and ss.ii.mm;

Given the Regulation for the execution and implementation of the C.d.S. issued with D.P.R. n. 485/92;

Given the Legislative Decree 18.08.2000 n. 267 (T.U. of the Laws on the Ordering of EE.LL.).

ORDER

for the reasons indicated in the introduction and according to provisional signs on August 14, 2019 from 07:00 to 16:00 and in any case until need ceases:

Ø the temporary establishment of the parking ban with forced removal of vehicles, in Via Bruno Buozzi, a parking area reserved for residents between civic numbers 23 and 34;

The means used by the Lambda company in charge of laser scanner and ground georadar operations are excluded from this provision.

The production company must provide, at its own expense, for the acquisition of the authorizations required by law in compliance with the provisions imposed by the control bodies, for the assumption of any responsibility deriving from the realization of the aforementioned initiative, keeping raised in common by any civil responsibility penalty for direct and indirect damages that may still arise on the occasion and / or depending on the initiative in question.

The Local Police Sector Operators as well as the other Traffic Police Bodies pursuant to art. 12 of the New Highway Code are in charge of supervision for the exact observance of this order.

According to the art. 3, paragraph 4, of the Law of 7 August 1990, n. 241 and subsequent amendments and additions it is noted that, against this order, in application of the Administrative Process Code, anyone who has an interest may appeal within 60 days of publication and / or notification to the Regional Administrative Court of Basilicata.

In relation to the provisions of art. 37, paragraph 3, of Legislative Decree 30 April 1992, n. 285 and subsequent amendments and additions, again within 60 days of publication and / or notification, an appeal may be lodged by anyone with an interest in affixing the signage, in relation to the nature of the signals applied, to the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport, according to the procedure established by art. 74 of the D.P.R. December 16, 1992, n. 495 and subsequent amendments and additions.

This ordinance is valid only for the purposes of road traffic and the traffic officers will install the necessary road signs.

This Administration declines all civil and criminal liability for damage caused to persons or things that could derive from the non-observance of this order.

THE MANAGER
    -Ing. Felice VICECONTE-

"The crew has already identified the locations for the action, according to Rai News: Bond will be seen passing through the historic centre of Matera, past its Romanesque cathedral and through some of its atmospheric stone streets and squares, before entering the Sassi – the millennia-old cave dwellings that are protected by Unesco as part of the world's heritage.

007 is well-travelled in Italy by now, having had memorable escapades over the years in Venice, Rome, Siena, by Lakes Como and Garda, in the mountains of Cortina D’Ampezzo and on the Sardinian coast. But Bond 25, as the latest film is known for now, will mark the first time the secret agent has headed to the far south of the mainland."

https://thelocal.it/20190214/new-bond-film-shoot-italy-matera

Also: other italian media detailing the shooting schedule.

https://trmtv.it/home/cultura/cinema/2019_08_14/208895.html

https://oltrefreepress.com/matera-arriva-bond-nuova-disciplina-del-traffico-veicolare-nelle-zone-della-citta-interessate-dalle-riprese/

Wonderful work, @Contraband. Bravo!
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Univex wrote: »
    Wonderful work, @Contraband. Bravo!

Me thank you :)

I actually find the researching more fun then the filming itself. Logical thinking, googling key words, places, names, maps and what not. Keep an eye out for every single detail that can lead me further.
    So they film here until towards the end of september , then maybe a little in pinewood for October then that’s it? That’s only a 5 almolst six month shoot. We haven’t seen any photos of Armas, Malek , Swann , or Q on set. We saw mostly Craig , Lynch , Wright, a scene with Magnussen and two scenes with M.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    So where has Daniel been shooting over the past several weeks, Pinewood?
    Just as a general question, bearing in my mind the film hasn't been released would people be willing to see PWB work on more Bond films?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Just as a general question, bearing in my mind the film hasn't been released would people be willing to see PWB work on more Bond films?

If this turns out well, then yes. Fresh blood is always welcome on the writing front. Well, within reason.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »

Had the same question been asked in 1999 referring to Purvis and Wade I might have said "Yes!!!!!". Today I sorely miss Maibaum, and Mankiewicz.

For me it depends on the dialogue. I'd hope PWB has given the film some memorable lines we'll be quoting for the rest of our lives.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    talos7 wrote: »
    So where has Daniel been shooting over the past several weeks, Pinewood?

In Scotland or in Swinley forest in England. We don't know exactly where first unit is working now.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,043
    I know some are finding the fact they know nothing excruciating but to me and others this is fantastic.

I'd like to walk into the cinema 03.04.20 and know next to nothing, a very different picture to the one we had this far down SPECTRE's production.

EON are doing a fantastic job of keeping this film under wraps despite the press and internet's prying.
    Totally agree. This is how it should be done.