No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Talking to the location guy who photographed our building today, he told me...
    If used it is going to be a high security prison that a 'character is visiting'

Make of that what you will....

That literally means nothing.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

Perhaps, but i thought it was intriguing....
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

It is intriguing, who is in there?

• talos7 wrote: »

Blofeld? ;)
    edited April 2019 Posts: 7,959
    talos7 wrote: »

Blofeld? ;)

Possibly, that’s one of the things that makes it interesting.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

Blofeld? ;)

It's not as if a character was arrested and incarcerated at the end of the last film....

If its true, then its not surprising but Im not unhappy with that!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 3,333
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    TR007 wrote: »
    I wish Bond would use his watch as he did in the OHMSS novel, as a knuckleduster. That would be cool. Good advertising for their safira unbreakable unscrachtable glass too.
    He actually used his watch as a knuckleduster near the end CR, but sadly, it's a blink-and-miss moment:

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47962/cr-omega-knuckleduster/

Never saw that, thanks! Very cool detail indeed.

BTW, some of the crew have SF t shirts on. Nice.

Has anyone figured out what brand and model of sunglasses Craig is using?
    @Univex - The sunglasses have been identified as brown Vuarnet 06 glasses.
    Thank you. Didn't know that brand.

Quite cool, wikipedia says it's an eyewear brand based in France. The sunglasses were originally marketed under the name Skilynx Acier, and were provided to the French Ski Team.

Craig doesn't Ski, but Bond sure does. Quite the cool detail.
    Valuable page here:

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/ultimate-guide-bond-25-products-and-locations#vuarnet

Just noticed something interesting on this page, relating to the young girl we saw in the Nittedal video. We've assumed this will be a flashback, as the clothes she wore in the video (particularly the jacket) seemed very 90's. The Bond 25 Products and Locations guide confirms that this rainbow colour hoody jacket is available at Marks & Spencer. Could this open up the possibility that this isn't a flashback at all, and that the costume department have just picked some vintage looking clothes?

I never bought into the "flashback" idea. The guns in that sequence are too modern.

If anything, the young girl is Madeleine's daughter from a marriage that has long since ended. She left her in her father's care, in Norway, to keep her from harm. Unfortunately, she was found.

I just hope that the "scientist" in the plot doesn't turn out to be Madeleine's ex.

Never had a look at the guns myself (and I wouldn't know the difference from a 90's-early 00's gun to a more recent model), so you might be onto something.

Re. Malik's character, I guess they could use makeup to show him as both younger and older than he really is, to make the flashback a possibility. It could even make sense, as it's easier to add age to a face with makeup than make a person look younger(?)

I guess we'll know soon enough if it's a flashback or not.

The chief gripe I have with this theory is how forced the “connectivity” is. It’s as stupid as the man that Bond is chasing in SP being his adopted brother.

If the plot was as simple as ‘the son of the assailant who Madeleine killed wants revenge’ then fine. But the plot is about a kidnapped scientist and a dangerous new technology.

If Felix comes asking for Bond’s help finding a kidnapped scientist AND THEN you’re telling me the kidnapper also has a personal connection to Madeleine? How forced.

Plus, it makes a million times more sense for the film to open with the kidnapping and give Malik a big juicy scene akin to Hans Landa in Inglourious Basterds. That’s what Fukunaga was hopefully teasing.

It's not forced connectivity if the young Malek was (is glimpsed as) a young Spectre agent and 15 or so years later he's moved up in the ranks. I'm simply pointing out the obvious details; a 12/13 year old girl escaping from a home invasion, as described by Maddy Swann in SP - the girl matches a young Maddy - her jacket looks early 2000's in design - there was a casting call for a teenage girl who must resemble Lea - and the girl's pursuer is hidden behind a mask which cracks open to reveal some features - evidently a dramatic point and also easy to help address/disguise the man's younger age. And, from what we have seen, the scene seems focused on the girl, so she must have significance. However, the idea the girl is Maddy's secret daughter (never even alluded to in SP) is, for me as a screenwriter, far too convoluted and it also adds a sub-plot which has to go somewhere, and I don't buy that. As we all know, time will tell.

Makes zero sense.

Why cast Rami Malek in that role then? He already looks like he's 25. Would they have to age him up or do CGI work on him for 95% of the film to make him older? Why bother?

Whilst there is circumstantial evidence to support your view (you mention some of it, including the alleged casting notice). However, the most glaring fact you are overlooking is the plot synopsis which states that a sciecntist is kidnapped at some point in this film.

Wouldn't it make sense that the scientist, played by David Dencik, is the little's girl's father? After all, he comes from a Nordic country. I'm willing to bet money that the film opens with the kidnapping.

If (and it's a big 'if') that casting notice is for Bond 25. Perhaps there is a line of dialogue at some point where Dencik meets Madeleine and remarks that she looks like his (probably deceased) daughter.

Zero sense? Really? How? I am simply reporting what we have seen so far. And Bond has never, ever focused on child characters - and neither did Fleming. I state again, the girl is 12/13 and looks like a young Maddy - and we have a casting call to support that. The location is very similar to Maddy's father's hide outs as per SP. The girl's clothing looks early 2000's. Maddy is haunted by her past and tells Bond about that in SP - a very similar scenario - too similar for us to ignore. The pursuer's cracked mask is obviously a dramatic choice to semi-conceal the ID of the man behind the mask - so he can be glimpsed as a younger man. That is hardly zero sense, P2D. Is it? As I say, time will tell.
    Your theory makes more sense to me than @Pierce2Daniel's currently does @ColonelSun. The cracked mask is obviously there to show us a partial reveal of the pursuer's face—no doubt to reference a much younger Malek as a fledgling Spectre goon. It's clearly something that the girl sees and so does the audience. Unless @Pierce2Daniel is suggesting there's another huge subplot involving the kidnapped daughter of the scientist that takes up the entire third act of the movie, who also needs rescuing, I'm not entirely sure where he's going with his alternative story-line? Unless he's suggesting that Malek kills the girl to show what a bad-ass he is at the start of the movie? But then why wear the mask and why do the leaked photos indicate that he's recusing her from the ice?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    @LeonardPine You’re buidling is in London?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 10,588
    Very interesting how we've yet to hear anything substantial regarding the action sequences in the film. Other than the Port Antonio car sequence, what other stuff do you guys think we'll be seeing?

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. Hopefully you can reveal more when allowed.
    Yes, thanks for that titbit @LeonardPine. It also means that @PanchitoPistoles will have to go into his self-imposed exile that he promised everyone should a bald, cat-stroking villain return in B25.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    bondsum wrote: »
    Yes, thanks for that titbit @LeonardPine. It also means that @PanchitoPistoles will have to go into his self-imposed exile that he promised everyone should a bald, cat-stroking villain return in B25.

Lol this is a happy day.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,619
    The great Cary Fukunaga is showing EON how 21st century marketing is done. Love it!

Also, the great Christoph Waltz playing a former Bond villain now behind bars and appearing in a single scene won’t hurt anyone, would it? (Blofeld who??)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I wish Bond would use his watch as he did in the OHMSS novel, as a knuckleduster. That would be cool. Good advertising for their safira unbreakable unscrachtable glass too.
    He actually used his watch as a knuckleduster near the end CR, but sadly, it's a blink-and-miss moment:

Quite cool, wikipedia says it's an eyewear brand based in France. The sunglasses were originally marketed under the name Skilynx Acier, and were provided to the French Ski Team.

Valuable page here:

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/ultimate-guide-bond-25-products-and-locations#vuarnet

Just noticed something interesting on this page, relating to the young girl we saw in the Nittedal video. We've assumed this will be a flashback, as the clothes she wore in the video (particularly the jacket) seemed very 90's. The Bond 25 Products and Locations guide confirms that this rainbow colour hoody jacket is available at Marks & Spencer. Could this open up the possibility that this isn't a flashback at all, and that the costume department have just picked some vintage looking clothes?

I think it's fairly well accepted now that the Norway filming is not a flashback. CJF has confirmed that Rami Malek was involved in the filming of those sequences during the press event in Jamaica.

I think the film will open with the gunbarrel, then we get the PTS which will introduce Rami Malek's villain as he kidnaps the scientist. After the MTS, we go to Jamaica and meet the retired Bond. Then we see the mission, which I presume takes place in Jamaica........

It's not fairly accepted at all. The scene seems to put focus on the young girl as she is pursued onto the ice lake, and she certainly resembles a young Maddy (Lea) - as per the casting call and her clothing has an early 2000 look as well. For my money, I think it is a flashback which is brought about by the adult Maddy seeing a photo of Malek's character - perhaps while she eavesdrops on Felix trying to persuade Bond to help him and showing an image of the prime suspect behind the scientist's kidnapping. Maddy recalls glimpsing Malek (as a younger man) through the broken mask - hence the importance of the mask being cracked just enough to reveal some features. Just a guess.

This has given me an idea. Again, just a theory. What if Bond has had a child with Maddy. While Swann overhears Felix trying to persuade Bond to join him in some dangerous mission, she has a flashback to her childhood (the lake sequence) and she doesn’t want something similar to ever happen to her child. She starts to think how being with Bond puts her child in peril of some dangerous person from Bond’s past finding them and hurting them, especially seeing as Bond can’t seem to leave his past life behind him. So she takes the kid and leaves Bond.
    The great Cary Fukunaga is showing EON how 21st century marketing is done. Love it!

Also, the great Christoph Waltz playing a former Bond villain now behind bars and appearing in a single scene won’t hurt anyone, would it? (Blofeld who??)

He will be playing Blofeld
    Risico007 wrote: »

He will be playing Blofeld
    Well if he appears in a single scene behind bars to provide info to one of the good guys, then his name will be irrelevant. What matters is that Bond 25 WON’T be about Blofeld breaking out of the prison and going against Bond once again. Malek is THE main villain of Bond 25. Period.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,958
    Let's stretch the girl's age to 15 in the flashback (?). Malik's character could be 25 at the time, which would mean early 40s in B25.

Reasonable...

Is it possible that the "dangerous technology" is some fountain-of-youth thing? And that Malek doesn't age like everyone else?
    If done well, I’m definitely cool with a Waltz Blofeld cameo. I imagine a scene with Bond visiting Blofeld at the jail interrogating him about Malek’s character, which Blofeld may or may not give details about. Making Blofeld the main villain again, on the other hand, would almost certainly be a mistake.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    TripAces wrote: »

Valuable page here:

I never bought into the "flashback" idea. The guns in that sequence are too modern.

If anything, the young girl is Madeleine's daughter from a marriage that has long since ended. She left her in her father's care, in Norway, to keep her from harm. Unfortunately, she was found.

I just hope that the "scientist" in the plot doesn't turn out to be Madeleine's ex.

Never had a look at the guns myself (and I wouldn't know the difference from a 90's-early 00's gun to a more recent model), so you might be onto something.

Re. Malik's character, I guess they could use makeup to show him as both younger and older than he really is, to make the flashback a possibility. It could even make sense, as it's easier to add age to a face with makeup than make a person look younger(?)

I guess we'll know soon enough if it's a flashback or not.

The chief gripe I have with this theory is how forced the “connectivity” is. It’s as stupid as the man that Bond is chasing in SP being his adopted brother.

If the plot was as simple as ‘the son of the assailant who Madeleine killed wants revenge’ then fine. But the plot is about a kidnapped scientist and a dangerous new technology.

If Felix comes asking for Bond’s help finding a kidnapped scientist AND THEN you’re telling me the kidnapper also has a personal connection to Madeleine? How forced.

Plus, it makes a million times more sense for the film to open with the kidnapping and give Malik a big juicy scene akin to Hans Landa in Inglourious Basterds. That’s what Fukunaga was hopefully teasing.

No matter what the plot is, you'd have gripes.
    If bond has a child in the film, I will walk out of the theater. Or is everyone being ironic? Genuinely can’t tell these days.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Well, he had one in the novel YOLT. Granted, there was the amnesia and the not-knowing and all, which, frankly, was the best way to do it.
    echo wrote: »
    Well, he had one in the novel YOLT. Granted, there was the amnesia and the not-knowing and all, which, frankly, was the best way to do it.

Won’t work in film.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    If bond has a child in the film, I will walk out of the theater. Or is everyone being ironic? Genuinely can’t tell these days.

That won't happen. I mean, the Bond having a child storyline. Rest easy.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

@peter and myself sometime back discussed a moment where Bond
    goes to see ESB in prison and a SOTL type moment plays out between them with Ernst behind bars/glass.

So @LeonardPine your work could turn out to be the place that they are considering for this type of scene if the rumours of Waltz making a cameo are true
  • MaxCasinoMaxCasino United States
    Shardlake wrote: »

goes to see ESB in prison and a SOTL type moment plays out between them with Ernst behind bars/glass.

So @LeonardPine your work could turn out to be the place that they are considering for this type of scene if the rumours of Waltz making a cameo are true

I hope so, it would be a waste of the legal rights, and the talented actor not use them one last time.
    MaxCasino wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »

I hope so, it would be a waste of the legal rights, and the talented actor not use them one last time.

Or they can wait a while and do it properly, allowing us to forget the abominable portrayal in sp.
    A SOTL thing seems cool in concept but the fact that Austin Powers spoofed that exact idea makes me cringe if that ever came to pass
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    A SOTL thing seems cool in concept but the fact that Austin Powers spoofed that exact idea makes me cringe if that ever came to pass

Virtually no one in the audience would recall the Austin Powers spoof.
    A different director with a talented actor, who has shown the ability to convey great menace, could produce something very effective and chilling.

bondbat007 wrote: »

Virtually no one in the audience would recall the Austin Powers spoof.
    A different director with a talented actor, who has shown the ability to convey great menace, could produce something very effective and chilling.

Many people recalled the Austin Powers plot point of Austin and Dr. Evil being brothers when SP was released. Just saying, let's be a little more creative