No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Lovely place.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Some pictures of Gravina di Puglia, the newest addition to the filming location. As u can see the look and feel of the architecture and the landscape is clearly in line with Matera, but more luxuriant perhaps. The latest reports mention that they will spend 2 months shooting in Southern Italy.

gravina-in-puglia-2.jpg

424010707170102_Gravina_583854160.jpg?quality=80&w=710&h=510&mode=crop

a-gravina-di-puglia-lungo-il-sentiero-dellacqua-e-della-pietra.jpg

0001961_alla-scoperta-di-gravina-in-puglia.jpeg

How I miss Italy...

Gravina di Puglia looks beautiful. Maybe they'll mesh the two, Matera and Puglia? As films often do. As you said, they do align rather nicely.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’d hate to think Italy only features for the PTS & that’s it. What a shame that would be. Absolutely gorgeous locations in those pictures above.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I’d hate to think Italy only features for the PTS & that’s it. What a shame that would be. Absolutely gorgeous locations in those pictures above.

Two months reportedly for shooting in Italy - I think it's an indication that Italy part will be big in movie (and not only pre-credit scene). Maybe even not pre-credit at all. And two months - its the longest stretch of filming for B25. Seems like Italy will be the key.
    Absolutely gorgeous.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,160
    Pavlo wrote: »

Two months reportedly for shooting in Italy - I think it's an indication that Italy part will be big in movie (and not only pre-credit scene).
    They spent three months in Turkey for the SF PCS. Big action setpieces take a lot of time, and we know that Matera will feature one.
    From Italian newspaper about Gravina in Puglia, nothing really new but it confirms the date from August until September (so two months) and some set preparations have already begun over there.

https://corriere.it/spettacoli/19_luglio_02/james-bond-sassi-gravine-25esimo-episodio-matera-puglia-dcecd76c-9cdd-11e9-b87c-e5d25052c984.shtml
    Great locations but they need to have Bond actually do stuff there that is pertinent to the story of the film. Like, the location makes a difference to what is going on in the film, matters to his character, and pushes the story forward with a purpose. God forbid, I know.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,164
    shamanimal wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Bond dying is a daft idea, unless they want to make the last Bond film.

It wouldn't at all make a mockery of the narrative, because from the start, and with the events of Spectre especially, the Craig films have been their own self contained (and more serialised than the rest of the series combined) story.

If the character dies in one movie, then is back in the next movie, I feel it's disrespectful to the viewer who is asked to care about that character when they enter the cinema. It's all very well to talk about 're-imagining' something when it's sci-fi, but the Bond films are dramas based on a literary character. Killing him in one movie then bringing him back is just silly. What is the viewer to think then? That he's a different character, or the same character before the events of the previous film, what?
    And yes, I know the same could be said of the re-boot thing, with CR, but that didn't stretch the imagination nearly as much as it would if they killed him off.
    Perhaps re-boots are a thing now, and I'm behind the times, (I've never seen a Marvel film). Perhaps most movie-goers would accept someone dying then another movie where they're alive. I dunno.

That's precisely it, reboots are indeed a thing - CR came at the very beginning of the 'reboot' trends, between then and now we've had two more Spider-Men, one more Batman (and another incoming in 2021), we've got a standalone Joker coming in October - thanks for all these comic book films the audience is absolutely fine with adapting to different continuity like this, especially if it's a different actor. No one seeing the advertising for Joker is thinking that Joaquin Phoenix is playing a younger Heath Ledger or Jared Leto. It's all about how the film is distinct enough from the character's previous portrayal and how it's sold.

If anything, having a different actor carrying on the same story arc or vice versa would be seen as odd - which is why people here are even suggesting Fiennes/Harris/Whishaw shouldn't be sticking around with the new actor.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    antovolk wrote: »
    I don't understand this idea of Killing Bond, then doing what, re-booting? I think I'd just lose interest. I mean, wouldn't it make a mockery of any narrative the series has?
    It's not like Star Trek where people say 'it's an alternative re-imagining' and all that bollox. It's not sci-fi, (despite the best efforts of MR and DAD).

Bond dying is a daft idea, unless they want to make the last Bond film.

They are gonna reboot it anyway after this one as it is Craig's last. The new actor's run of films won't be at all narratively connected to the events of the Craig films. Therefore opening the door to something like Bond getting killed off. It wouldn't at all make a mockery of the narrative, because from the start, and with the events of Spectre especially, the Craig films have been their own self contained (and more serialised than the rest of the series combined) story.

I do want Craig's films to have a definitive end. However, does this mean we loose Whishaw, Fiennes and Harris?

Fiennes_Whishaw_Harris.jpg

The next actor's films should still use them. Even if Bond does 'die' in the Craig films.

I reckon Bond's death should be ambiguous - much like how Fleming killed the character in FRWL or like Daniel Craig's death scene in Layer Cake.

This way the reboot will be be more of a tonal exercise. I think the next iteration of Bond will be more 'fun' and someone like Edgar Wright or Paul King will take over.

Paul King is an A-list director in waiting.

Paul King is a fantastic idea!!
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,619
    This way the reboot will be be more of a tonal exercise. I think the next iteration of Bond will be more 'fun' and someone like Edgar Wright or Paul King will take over.

One of the single most talented directors right now who also happens to be a HUGE Bond fand and has LOADS of experience directing big budget tentpole movies is DYING to direct Bond 26 and you are suggesting the director of two TEDDY BEAR movies should get the job instead?!?!?! Pierce2Daniel, I like you and respect you, but take your meds!!!
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Pavlo wrote: »

Two months reportedly for shooting in Italy - I think it's an indication that Italy part will be big in movie (and not only pre-credit scene). Maybe even not pre-credit at all. And two months - its the longest stretch of filming for B25. Seems like Italy will be the key.

@RC7 do you know anything about how heavily Italy is to be featured?
    Some pictures of Gravina di Puglia, the newest addition to the filming location. As u can see the look and feel of the architecture and the landscape is clearly in line with Matera, but more luxuriant perhaps. The latest reports mention that they will spend 2 months shooting in Southern Italy.

gravina-in-puglia-2.jpg

Those pictures are stunning! Will be amazing to see on the big screen I'm sure!

Bond 26 for me needs to be a total clean slate for the entire cast of characters.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

One of the single most talented directors right now who also happens to be a HUGE Bond fand and has LOADS of experience directing big budget tentpole movies is DYING to direct Bond 26 and you are suggesting the director of two TEDDY BEAR movies should get the job instead?!?!?! Pierce2Daniel, I like you and respect you, but take your meds!!!

I didn't know Uwe Boll was a Bond fan.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Bond 26 will be a crossover with Boll's Rampage series.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

That would be awesome! But maybe Boll would simply adapt Nightfire or Bloodstone. ;-)
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    DarthDimi wrote: »

That would be awesome! But maybe Boll would simply adapt Nightfire or Bloodstone. ;-)

He’ll sneak actual game footage into it too!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Minion wrote: »

Yeah, he just might. ;-)

One thing I can't help noticing is how certain press agencies are extremely happy to cover, at great length, some of the setbacks B25 has been suffering in recent times. There's this Belgian newspaper, for example, that almost on a daily basis drops articles mentioning the "plagued", "troubled", "doomed", ... production of the next Bond film. Many of these "articles" pretend that this is it for Bond, that Bond has no future, that Bond is no longer relevant, ... I understand that there's "no news like bad news", but some readers actually believe that crap. Boyle, Grace Jones, accidents on set, ... oh yes, this newspaper will make a fine point of those things. And when nothing "bad" has happened for a while, it digs up crap about how we should just stop making Bond films because no-one is interested anymore. Whoever is in charge of that section must have severe anger issues to cool with Bond because this is beginning to look like a personal vendetta rather than "objective" reporting. All fine by me so long as not too many jokers reading that crap actually believe it.

For the record, this is the same newspaper that "knew" in 1993 that Bruce Willis was cast as Bond, the same newspaper that "knew" for sure that Sharon Stone was going to be the first female Bond in the '90, the same newspaper that always "knows" for sure that the next Bond film will be called "Warhead 2000"...
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Has anyone seen this? I don't recall it being posted:

The_Reaper wrote: »
    Great locations but they need to have Bond actually do stuff there that is pertinent to the story of the film. Like, the location makes a difference to what is going on in the film, matters to his character, and pushes the story forward with a purpose. God forbid, I know.

Absolutely but so often they don't do this. So many beautiful locations have been largely ignored in the modern Bond films - in and out...unlike like the good old days.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Univex wrote: »

gravina-in-puglia-2.jpg

How I miss Italy...

Gravina di Puglia looks beautiful. Maybe they'll mesh the two, Matera and Puglia? As films often do. As you said, they do align rather nicely.

I think this is definitely goin to happen. Also, they are super close with each other, just 30 minutes by car.

Since @Pavlo mentioned it, I think that there is still a possibility for Italy to feature more than just the PTS. Big action sequences takes a lot for being filmed, but there's something that tells me Bond will somehow come back to that place during the course of the movie, especially if Madeleine indeed dies there. Reports mentioned some dialogue scenes in Matera between Bond and the new MI6 agent (Lynch, supposedly) inside the church of Santa Maria De Idris, which is something I don't see happening in the PTS. Bond definitely meets Nomi for the first time in Jamaica. This movie is quite a rebus.
  • Anyone know of any filming happening tomorrow in London?
    Soooo looking forward to seeing the finished product!!! \:D/
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    April 2020 can't come soon enough! Aarghhh!
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited July 2019 Posts: 3,497
    The Grace Jones bs story was all over the papers here. DE MOST TROUBLESOME PRODUCTION EVAH?

Other than that... I love the details that went into M's office. Like the "old style phone" and the pencil holders. :-)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I just watched an interview with Alan Carr where he said that when Grace Jones was on his show, she showed up 8 hours late and only just made the recording.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2019 Posts: 12,459
    Can we please keep Bond 26 speculation, reboot, code name theory, choice of new cast for after Bond 25 off of here? It would unclutter a lot.

LOVE the photos of Italy. I'm very happy with the locations and if they are shooting for 2 months that's good news for me.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Minion wrote: »

Yeah, he just might. ;-)

One thing I can't help noticing is how certain press agencies are extremely happy to cover, at great length, some of the setbacks B25 has been suffering in recent times. There's this Belgian newspaper, for example, that almost on a daily basis drops articles mentioning the "plagued", "troubled", "doomed", ... production of the next Bond film. Many of these "articles" pretend that this is it for Bond, that Bond has no future, that Bond is no longer relevant, ... I understand that there's "no news like bad news", but some readers actually believe that crap. Boyle, Grace Jones, accidents on set, ... oh yes, this newspaper will make a fine point of those things. And when nothing "bad" has happened for a while, it digs up crap about how we should just stop making Bond films because no-one is interested anymore. Whoever is in charge of that section must have severe anger issues to cool with Bond because this is beginning to look like a personal vendetta rather than "objective" reporting. All fine by me so long as not too many jokers reading that crap actually believe it.

For the record, this is the same newspaper that "knew" in 1993 that Bruce Willis was cast as Bond, the same newspaper that "knew" for sure that Sharon Stone was going to be the first female Bond in the '90, the same newspaper that always "knows" for sure that the next Bond film will be called "Warhead 2000"...

That's the state of the media, particularly in entertainment. Once they see a chink in the armor, they attack. I'm not sure why this is. Here in the U.S., it's Tom Cruise. If one of his films flops (as with The Mummy), they take great delight in announcing this to the world. When he broke his ankle, it was reported as a selfish act on his part, bringing down production.
  • CASINOROYALECASINOROYALE Somewhere hot
    So Eva Green is confirmed for Bond 25?? Maybe she was cloned..? Interesting.

Cary and Eva followed each other on instagram and Eva liked all of his Bond 25 posts. I find that super odd. She has never liked any of the past Bond posts after CR.

I would assume she is definitely in the film. Here is my crazy theory.

In SP, Bond found a tape that said "VESPER", he watches it.

SPECTRE, talks about a cloning project. Thats how we got a young madeline scene.
    CR was what 13-14 years ago in the timeline? Maybe they found a way to clone Vesper's dead body, technically its not the Vesper that Bond knew.

Madeline is dead, what better way to toy with Bond then have Vesper back in a surprise cameo/twist?

Wouldn't hate it TBH. Bond has to kill Vesper.. I could see this happening based on the rumors. They have to connect Spectre with this film.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Deckhart had a tragic meeting with a perfect copy of his beloved Rachel in Blade Runner 2049 and it was one of the very best scenes of the whole movie.