No Time to Die production thread

Comments

QBranch wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    TR007 wrote: »
    I wish Bond would use his watch as he did in the OHMSS novel, as a knuckleduster. That would be cool. Good advertising for their safira unbreakable unscrachtable glass too.
    He actually used his watch as a knuckleduster near the end CR, but sadly, it's a blink-and-miss moment:

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47962/cr-omega-knuckleduster/

Never saw that, thanks! Very cool detail indeed.

BTW, some of the crew have SF t shirts on. Nice.

Has anyone figured out what brand and model of sunglasses Craig is using?
    @Univex - The sunglasses have been identified as brown Vuarnet 06 glasses.
    Thank you. Didn't know that brand.

Quite cool, wikipedia says it's an eyewear brand based in France. The sunglasses were originally marketed under the name Skilynx Acier, and were provided to the French Ski Team.

Craig doesn't Ski, but Bond sure does. Quite the cool detail.
    Valuable page here:

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/ultimate-guide-bond-25-products-and-locations#vuarnet

Just noticed something interesting on this page, relating to the young girl we saw in the Nittedal video. We've assumed this will be a flashback, as the clothes she wore in the video (particularly the jacket) seemed very 90's. The Bond 25 Products and Locations guide confirms that this rainbow colour hoody jacket is available at Marks & Spencer. Could this open up the possibility that this isn't a flashback at all, and that the costume department have just picked some vintage looking clothes?

Possibly, but there's still this

https://figurants.com/figuration-enfants/cinema/casting-figuration-fille-1014-ans-blonde-aux-yeux-bleux-pour-film-avec-lea-seydoux_i8472

At the same time, Léa Seydoux has other (French) films on her slate as well. It's not proven that the casting call was meant for Bond 25.

To me, it seems likely it was. But we can't be sure.

The thing is though, in a morning show segment here in Norway, they talked to a Norwegian Bond fan (I think he's even written a book about Bond), who had been in Nittedal (they were for this segment too) – and he had spoken to one of the security guards in the filming area. That security guy had claimed that the girl was Norwegian, not English (as first reported) or French. Not confirmed of course, but worth mentioning.
  • QBranch wrote: »
    I wish Bond would use his watch as he did in the OHMSS novel, as a knuckleduster. That would be cool. Good advertising for their safira unbreakable unscrachtable glass too.
    He actually used his watch as a knuckleduster near the end CR, but sadly, it's a blink-and-miss moment:

Quite cool, wikipedia says it's an eyewear brand based in France. The sunglasses were originally marketed under the name Skilynx Acier, and were provided to the French Ski Team.

Valuable page here:

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/ultimate-guide-bond-25-products-and-locations#vuarnet

Just noticed something interesting on this page, relating to the young girl we saw in the Nittedal video. We've assumed this will be a flashback, as the clothes she wore in the video (particularly the jacket) seemed very 90's. The Bond 25 Products and Locations guide confirms that this rainbow colour hoody jacket is available at Marks & Spencer. Could this open up the possibility that this isn't a flashback at all, and that the costume department have just picked some vintage looking clothes?

https://figurants.com/figuration-enfants/cinema/casting-figuration-fille-1014-ans-blonde-aux-yeux-bleux-pour-film-avec-lea-seydoux_i8472

At the same time, Léa Seydoux has other (French) films on her slate as well. It's not proven that the casting call was meant for Bond 25.

Absolutely, just seems too much of a coincidence though.
  • ManncoMannco usa
    Albert R. Broccoli's EON Productions Ltd
    present
    Daniel Craig as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007
    in
    Licence Renewed
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,554

Valuable page here:

I never bought into the "flashback" idea. The guns in that sequence are too modern.

If anything, the young girl is Madeleine's daughter from a marriage that has long since ended. She left her in her father's care, in Norway, to keep her from harm. Unfortunately, she was found.

I just hope that the "scientist" in the plot doesn't turn out to be Madeleine's ex.
    Or, the girl is nobody we ever know. Not a named character, just a girl who's a foil for some action.

I'm thinking of something like the Bourne films, in which Bourne hesitates to kill Wombosi when the latter's daughter appears.
    TripAces wrote: »

Valuable page here:

I never bought into the "flashback" idea. The guns in that sequence are too modern.

If anything, the young girl is Madeleine's daughter from a marriage that has long since ended. She left her in her father's care, in Norway, to keep her from harm. Unfortunately, she was found.

I just hope that the "scientist" in the plot doesn't turn out to be Madeleine's ex.

I haven't taken a close look at the guns, but it just feels that the focus is on a girl who certainly matches a young Maddy, at 12/13, that means, with adult Maddy being early 30's, the scene could be set around 2004, so are the guns too modern for that? And Bond films have never really featured children (just the kid in the river boat chase scene in TMWTGG), and so I still suspect she is young Maddy. The scene, an assault on a remote house in Norway (Mr. White's hide away, like his place in SP), just seems too similar to Maddy's story she tells Bond on the train in SP. She is clearly haunted by her past - so this time we glimpse a bit of that past because it has a connection to the present. My earlier post suggests how that might be.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 2,436
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Valuable page here:

I haven't taken a close look at the guns, but it just feels that the focus is on a girl who certainly matches a young Maddy, at 12/13, that means, with adult Maddy being early 30's, the scene could be set around 2004, so are the guns too modern for that? And Bond films have never really featured children (just the kid in the river boat chase scene in TMWTGG), and so I still suspect she is young Maddy. The scene, an assault on a remote house in Norway (Mr. White's hide away, like his place in SP), just seems too similar to Maddy's story she tells Bond on the train in SP. She is clearly haunted by her past - so this time we glimpse a bit of that past because it has a connection to the present. My earlier post suggests how that might be.

Only thing is Malek is supposed to have filmed in Norway too. Seydoux is 33 and Malek is 37, by your theory if Malek's scenes are set during the same time he will be about 16-18! And wasn't the guy in the mask Malek's double?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,756
    Let's stretch the girl's age to 15 in the flashback (?). Malik's character could be 25 at the time, which would mean early 40s in B25.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,279

Valuable page here:

Never had a look at the guns myself (and I wouldn't know the difference from a 90's-early 00's gun to a more recent model), so you might be onto something.

Re. Malik's character, I guess they could use makeup to show him as both younger and older than he really is, to make the flashback a possibility. It could even make sense, as it's easier to add age to a face with makeup than make a person look younger(?)

I guess we'll know soon enough if it's a flashback or not.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Let's stretch the girl's age to 15 in the flashback (?). Malik's character could be 25 at the time, which would mean early 40s in B25.

Reasonable...

Valuable page here:

Never had a look at the guns myself (and I wouldn't know the difference from a 90's-early 00's gun to a more recent model), so you might be onto something.

Re. Malik's character, I guess they could use makeup to show him as both younger and older than he really is, to make the flashback a possibility. It could even make sense, as it's easier to add age to a face with makeup than make a person look younger(?)

The chief gripe I have with this theory is how forced the “connectivity” is. It’s as stupid as the man that Bond is chasing in SP being his adopted brother.

If the plot was as simple as ‘the son of the assailant who Madeleine killed wants revenge’ then fine. But the plot is about a kidnapped scientist and a dangerous new technology.

If Felix comes asking for Bond’s help finding a kidnapped scientist AND THEN you’re telling me the kidnapper also has a personal connection to Madeleine? How forced.

Plus, it makes a million times more sense for the film to open with the kidnapping and give Malik a big juicy scene akin to Hans Landa in Inglourious Basterds. That’s what Fukunaga was hopefully teasing.

Valuable page here:

The chief gripe I have with this theory is how forced the “connectivity” is. It’s as stupid as the man that Bond is chasing in SP being his adopted brother.

If the plot was as simple as ‘the son of the assailant who Madeleine killed wants revenge’ then fine. But the plot is about a kidnapped scientist and a dangerous new technology.

If Felix comes asking for Bond’s help finding a kidnapped scientist AND THEN you’re telling me the kidnapper also has a personal connection to Madeleine? How forced.

Plus, it makes a million times more sense for the film to open with the kidnapping and give Malik a big juicy scene akin to Hans Landa in Inglourious Basterds. That’s what Fukunaga was hopefully teasing.

Given that the plot re. Bond's adopted brother was actually made into a movie, I wouldn't rule anything out. It was a horrible, horrible idea, and yet SP is a part of the series. It's no doubt a better idea if Malik's character and Madeleine doesn't have a connection, and a tense and thrilling scene like the one in Inglourious Basterds – as you mention, would be fantastic.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Valuable page here:

Given that the plot re. Bond's adopted brother was actually made into a movie, I wouldn't rule anything out. It was a horrible, horrible idea, and yet SP is a part of the series. It's no doubt a better idea if Malik's character and Madeleine doesn't have a connection, and a tense and thrilling scene like the one in Inglourious Basterds – as you mention, would be fantastic.

This is why the flashback idea needs to be buried.

The only consideration now is whether or not the young girl is Madeleine's daughter. If so, why has she encountered Malek's character? Why is she in danger? This would suggest that SPECTRE is still looking to tie up loose ends with Mr. White. Eh, this opens a huge can of worms, doesn't it?

Oh, to speculate is fun!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,279

Valuable page here:

This is why the flashback idea needs to be buried.

The only consideration now is whether or not the young girl is Madeleine's daughter. If so, why has she encountered Malek's character? Why is she in danger? This would suggest that SPECTRE is still looking to tie up loose ends with Mr. White. Eh, this opens a huge can of worms, doesn't it?

Oh, to speculate is fun!

Indeed, if the girl is Madeleine's daughter, that would definitely be preferable. If this the case, I wonder how they will present us with the fact that she:

1. Has a daughter. This wasn't mentioned in SP, and could potentially add another layer to Madeleine as a character, just as much as it could go wrong if the writing isn't good. And…

2. If Bond knows she has a daughter, or if he's only presented by the fact when Madeleine's daughter is in danger.

I love speculating as well! :-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Valuable page here:

The thing is though, in a morning show segment here in Norway, they talked to a Norwegian Bond fan (I think he's even written a book about Bond), who had been in Nittedal (they were for this segment too) – and he had spoken to one of the security guards in the filming area. That security guy had claimed that the girl was Norwegian, not English (as first reported) or French. Not confirmed of course, but worth mentioning.

About time we had a Norwegian Bond girl again. It s been half a century.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,756

Valuable page here:

I won't lie, that sounds a lot better to me. A big IMAX chase scene as the opening sounds awesome, sort of like the cat-and-mouse FRWL opening.
    Didn't they say the sequence with the masked man chasing the girl occurs during the PTS? I ask because, if the little girl in the snow sequence is Madeleine's daughter, why is she over in some snowy locale (ie, Norway) instead of with her mother in Jamaica? Unless the girl is with her biological father, which then seems to be even more convoluted.

Valuable page here:

It's not forced connectivity if the young Malek was (is glimpsed as) a young Spectre agent and 15 or so years later he's moved up in the ranks. I'm simply pointing out the obvious details; a 12/13 year old girl escaping from a home invasion, as described by Maddy Swann in SP - the girl matches a young Maddy - her jacket looks early 2000's in design - there was a casting call for a teenage girl who must resemble Lea - and the girl's pursuer is hidden behind a mask which cracks open to reveal some features - evidently a dramatic point and also easy to help address/disguise the man's younger age. And, from what we have seen, the scene seems focused on the girl, so she must have significance. However, the idea the girl is Maddy's secret daughter (never even alluded to in SP) is, for me as a screenwriter, far too convoluted and it also adds a sub-plot which has to go somewhere, and I don't buy that. As we all know, time will tell.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Perhaps the nefarious new technology is a time machine.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Perhaps the nefarious new technology is a time machine.

I hope not hated this as an aspect of a recent blockbuster. Seems convenient for storytelling
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Talking to the location guy who photographed our building today, he told me...
    If used it is going to be a high security prison that a 'character is visiting'

Make of that what you will....
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400

Valuable page here:

It's not forced connectivity if the young Malek was (is glimpsed as) a young Spectre agent and 15 or so years later he's moved up in the ranks. I'm simply pointing out the obvious details; a 12/13 year old girl escaping from a home invasion, as described by Maddy Swann in SP - the girl matches a young Maddy - her jacket looks early 2000's in design - there was a casting call for a teenage girl who must resemble Lea - and the girl's pursuer is hidden behind a mask which cracks open to reveal some features - evidently a dramatic point and also easy to help address/disguise the man's younger age. And, from what we have seen, the scene seems focused on the girl, so she must have significance. However, the idea the girl is Maddy's secret daughter (never even alluded to in SP) is, for me as a screenwriter, far too convoluted and it also adds a sub-plot which has to go somewhere, and I don't buy that. As we all know, time will tell.

Makes zero sense.

Why cast Rami Malek in that role then? He already looks like he's 25. Would they have to age him up or do CGI work on him for 95% of the film to make him older? Why bother?

Whilst there is circumstantial evidence to support your view (you mention some of it, including the alleged casting notice). However, the most glaring fact you are overlooking is the plot synopsis which states that a sciecntist is kidnapped at some point in this film.

Wouldn't it make sense that the scientist, played by David Dencik, is the little's girl's father? After all, he comes from a Nordic country. I'm willing to bet money that the film opens with the kidnapping.

If (and it's a big 'if') that casting notice is for Bond 25. Perhaps there is a line of dialogue at some point where Dencik meets Madeleine and remarks that she looks like his (probably deceased) daughter.

Valuable page here:

Makes zero sense.

Why cast Rami Malek in that role then? He already looks like he's 25. Would they have to age him up or do CGI work on him for 95% of the film to make him older? Why bother?

Whilst there is circumstantial evidence to support your view (you mention some of it, including the alleged casting notice). However, the most glaring fact you are overlooking is the plot synopsis which states that a sciecntist is kidnapped at some point in this film.

Wouldn't it make sense that the scientist, played by David Dencik, is the little's girl's father? After all, he comes from a Nordic country. I'm willing to bet money that the film opens with the kidnapping.

If (and it's a big 'if') that casting notice is for Bond 25. Perhaps there is a line of dialogue at some point where Dencik meets Madeleine and remarks that she looks like his (probably deceased) daughter.

Zero sense? Really? How? I am simply reporting what we have seen so far. And Bond has never, ever focused on child characters - and neither did Fleming. I state again, the girl is 12/13 and looks like a young Maddy - and we have a casting call to support that. The location is very similar to Maddy's father's hide outs as per SP. The girl's clothing looks early 2000's. Maddy is haunted by her past and tells Bond about that in SP - a very similar scenario - too similar for us to ignore. The pursuer's cracked mask is obviously a dramatic choice to semi-conceal the ID of the man behind the mask - so he can be glimpsed as a younger man. That is hardly zero sense, P2D. Is it? As I say, time will tell.

Interesting, thank you!
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

I am so curious what the location is?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Where is your building, if you don't mind my asking?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    jake24 wrote: »

Where is your building, if you don't mind my asking?

Sorry but i can't say at the moment.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Valuable page here:

Spot on ColonelSun!

Denbigh wrote: »

So, where were they going with it? My guess it the Navy Island just outside Port Antonio. Errol Flynn used to have parties there.