No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2021 Posts: 14,918
    He should be like Nordberg in the Naked Gun films, but losing a different part of his body in every movie.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited June 2021 Posts: 469
    QBranch wrote: »
    Felix survives, but he loses a hand. The question is: hook, claw or prosthetics?

I'd like to think he loses an arm and a leg, but that's just my hunch.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I don’t think Felix is making it out of that one I’m afraid.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I don’t think Felix is making it out of that one I’m afraid.

Since Bond is swimming out of the boat alone from what we have seen, this could also be possible.

I veer heavily towards he dies, but if he were to somehow survive, then its the arm and leg theory for me :)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Contraband wrote: »

I think Matrix 4 may drop amongst that. They held a test screening yesterday and it was stated that it won't be too much longer until we see it.

👀👀👀👀
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

This Daniel dude is a hit and miss “scooper”. Too early for a final NTTD trailer imo. Next week Fast 9 comes out in big markets such US, UK, Canada and Mexico so something will definitely drop, but I don’t think is gonna be Bond.
  • Probably Jurassic World 3 trailer as the poster dropped earlier last week.
    Probably Jurassic World 3 trailer as the poster dropped earlier last week.

it does say 'trailers' so there might be multiple.

Considering that the last time the date got pushed back to November 2020, the second trailer was dropped on August, giving it a 3 month gap. So since the UK is getting a September release for NTTD, we might get a small trailer coming next week - also around a 3 month gap. Fingers crossed!

Probably Jurassic World 3 trailer as the poster dropped earlier last week.

it does say 'trailers' so there might be multiple.

Considering that the last time the date got pushed back to November 2020, the second trailer was dropped on August, giving it a 3 month gap. So since the UK is getting a September release for NTTD, we might get a small trailer coming next week - also around a 3 month gap. Fingers crossed!

That was just a crazy move by MGM fueled by Tenet's good numbers overseas. XD

Too early for me, and I think they will wait to see how those early summer blockbuster will perform before releasing the final trailer.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Jurassic World 3 is having an IMAX prologue attached to Fast 9, so doubt it is a trailer for that.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Halloween Kills?
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 3,164
    there are definitely several on the way that have been rated - Snake Eyes (confirmed online Monday), Candyman, Sing 2...

in all honesty I think F9 is around the right time to relaunch the campaign. Either with that, or with Black Widow early July.
    edited June 2021 Posts: 4,343

Old one but it’s just too cool. This set, their clothes, can’t wait to see it.
    edited June 2021 Posts: 3,018
    matt_u wrote: »

Old one but it’s just too cool. This set, their clothes, can’t wait to see it.

@matt_u

7sRMxvD.jpg

• Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    It.Looks.So.Damn.Good. 😍
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I love the scene.
    Am I the only one who finds the shot of Bond's run during that scene odd even a bit funny, specifically the shot from behind him. Daniel has always had a really efficient running style and here it seems all over the place
    Perhaps he's disorientated from the explosion at Vesper's grave?
    That makes sense for the story @Jordo007.

Also remember Daniel Craig was injured during filming and recovered as he could, I expect that preceded the filming on the bridge. Art imitates life, maybe.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/4231956/james-bond-film-gets-a-twin-boost-as-daniel-craigs-foot-heals-and-007s-new-1-5million-motor-arrives/

AD-COMPOSITE-Bond.jpg?w=660

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    @RichardTheBruce I forgot about that, it happened so long ago. Great point mate
    One wonders...it certainly would have been an appropriate line, included in the script before the injury, but perhaps "I'll shoot you in your knee -- your good one" was included post-injury ? Bit of an in-joke, originally ?
    Since62 wrote: »
    One wonders...it certainly would have been an appropriate line, included in the script before the injury, but perhaps "I'll shoot you in your knee -- your good one" was included post-injury ? Bit of an in-joke, originally ?

You know I'd never thought of that. I thought it may have been an in joke about Daniel's real life injury during Spectre
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Since62 wrote: »

You know I'd never thought of that. I thought it may have been an in joke about Daniel's real life injury during Spectre

Didn't Lynch confirm in an interview that it was a reference to the SP injury?
    Did she? I'm not sure to be honest, I didn't read or watch many interviews from the press for NTTD yet
    I didn't care for the line much but her delivery of it was great
    I find the line funny.

Consider this: Sean Connery was 53 in the year when NSNA was released. Daniel Craig is 53 this year, the year when NTTD will be released. OK, so Craig was younger when it filmed, but it's all close enough to make the point. Connery clearly played a mature Bond in NSNA. At this point -- especially with injuries of his own and those of the character -- Craig is bringing a mature point to the screen, too.

The line is MUCH funnier than the youngsters in a car pulling away and teasing a hitch-hking Bond in OP -- played by Moore, who turned 56 the year of OP's release (same year of NSNA's release). He couldn't run after them, nor to the place he desperately wanted to reach before it was too late. It was an unfortunate -- and unnecessary -- way to acknowledge age. It wasn't the only time, either ! The Bibi character and her storyline in FYEO two years before OP was utterly unnecessary, not funny and only highlighted Moore's age and that of his mature Bond.
    Photo from the London shoot with Craig getting out of the V8. Look at his knuckles.

EEiGCgY.jpg

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Photo from the London shoot with Craig getting out of the V8. Look at his knuckles.

EEiGCgY.jpg

He must get into a fist fight during the Cuba scenes.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I mentioned on here ages ago that, to me, it looks like Bond encounters Primo in Cuba, after the SPECTRE party. They fight, hence the bloody knuckles, facial cuts.

I say Primo is there because Bond exits the building with a unique AK rifle that looks exactly like Primo's - the same one from the lab break-in and his character poster.

I also think that Primo falls off the balcony with Bond, landing on the bar, because Bond hops over the counter holding Primo's rifle, before exiting the building.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    I mentioned on here ages ago that, to me, it looks like Bond encounters Primo in Cuba, after the SPECTRE party. They fight, hence the bloody knuckles, facial cuts.

I say Primo is there because Bond exits the building with a unique AK rifle that looks exactly like Primo's - the same one from the lab break-in and his character poster.

I also think that Primo falls off the balcony with Bond, landing on the bar, because Bond hops over the counter holding Primo's rifle, before exiting the building.
    I have seen slowed down stills of the individual who fell landing on the bar. It appears to be Waldo, Dave Denciks character. But I agree I think Primo and Ash will show they are in cahoots in Cuba.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Bentley007 wrote: »

I have seen slowed down stills of the individual who fell landing on the bar. It appears to be Waldo, Dave Denciks character. But I agree I think Primo and Ash will show they are in cahoots in Cuba.
    Are we sure that's Waldo? Waldo falls down with his briefcase on top of Paloma's Chevy outside. I would not expect him to fall to the ground twice near the same building.
    @Bentley007 and @QBranch

If I may:
    Guy fighting Bond and falling from second floor down to the bar is not Valdo. It's a random henchman or maybe Primo. If it's Primo he won't be killed since we know he appear in Safin's lair later in NTTD.

My take on the Havana-sequence going by all the stills, trailer footage and BTS-material.
    Valdo with his metal case (Bond's goal) is on the second balcony in the opposite building of the dance hall (named Bar El Nido), standing with Nomi (she's shooting back at the El Nido balcony with baddies).

Meanwhile, El Nido ground floor: Bond and Paloma kicking ass in the lobby/restaurant. Just before Bond runs up to the second floor, he throws Paloma a machine gun and she starts blasting baddies holding a handgun and the machine guns in her hands.

Bond comes up to the second floor, blasting baddies probably but also goes to the balcony area. He shoots (handgun) dead the baddie/s that was shooting at Nomi's direction. Bond turns back in and start fighting with that specific baddie we really can't tell if it's Primo or not. They fall down in the bar area. Bond picks up his machine gun.

- Something happends on Nomi's balcony, explosion maybe, that makes Valdo jump over to a small wodden unstable structure next to the balcony.

- Paloma is blasting away, coming out on the street and shooting the driver in that car we thought belonged to Paloma. The car starts rolling towards the structure with Valdo still standing on it.

- Bond jumps over the bar, goes out, turns and starts blasting at El Nido's entrance/lobby.

Next: The car hits the structure, it collapses and Valdo falls down on the car's bonnet. Bond is now just a few feet away outside El Nido entrance. Bond sees Valdo's fall and walks over to the car and Valdo on the ground.

FYI. So far no footage or stills available on what happends to Nomi and Paloma or Bond/Valdo after all this.