No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2021 Posts: 10,588
    NO TIME TO DIE Final Trailer (edited by your's truly) :)

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    My heart skipped a beat @jake24, but really nice work! :D
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Thank you sir 🙏
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited May 2021 Posts: 3,018
    jake24 wrote: »
    Thank you sir 🙏

@jake24 My intial reaction before seeing it was like "Oh for f*** sake!!, not another stupid fan-made clownvideo".

And now we have the results from the swedish jury.

12 points
    Contraband wrote: »
    Thank you sir 🙏

@jake24 My intial reaction before seeing it was like "Oh for f*** sake!!, not another stupid fan-made clownvideo".

And now we have the results from the swedish jury.

12 points
    Haha, thanks @Contraband!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @jake24 I don’t know what your day job is, but you should give it up.
    That was truly stunning mate. Awesome stuff
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    @jake24 that was incredible. Great work mate
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Good stuff @jake24

Is the music you put in there straight from the soundtrack?
    @jake24 This is absolutely phenomenal. If I didn't know otherwise, I would have thought that was a genuine Eon-released trailer. I think 999 out of 1000 people in the general public would think so, too. Wonderful work, my friend!
    Thanks guys, truly means a lot!
    Good stuff @jake24

I wish, it’s actually from a hybrid orchestral rendition of the Bond theme and Eilish’s theme song I came across on YT.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Thanks guys, truly means a lot!
    Good stuff @jake24

I wish, it’s actually from a hybrid orchestral rendition of the Bond theme and Eilish’s theme song I came across on YT.

I'm not a huge fan of the theme but I do think that bit of it will work really well in the film, as you've shown.

Posted it on the dedicated thread too, but wanted an opinion. Recently, I came across with this one. I don't know when it was recorded, but the two working together suggests something for a certain film we're all waiting for...

Unless it's some sort of improvisation
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Posted it on the dedicated thread too, but wanted an opinion. Recently, I came across with this one. I don't know when it was recorded, but the two working together suggests something for a certain film we're all waiting for...

Unless it's some sort of improvisation

I hope its a composition of a character theme for the film. Sounds good.
    Excellent work on that trailer. Well done!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    In October I’m traveling to Scotland to see an incredible exhibition, Ray Harryhausen | Titan of Cinema; it covers the life and work of a legendary film pioneer.
    It just struck me that NTTD will be released, so I’m looking forward to seeing it in a cinema in Edinburgh. What a thrill.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    duke_togo wrote: »
    Eon Bosses Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson released a statement this AM saying that “We are committed to continuing to make James Bond films for the worldwide theatrical audience.” https://deadline.com/2021/05/james-bond-no-time-to-die-amazon-mgm-acquisition-1234764548/

It doesn't matter how much Dr. Evil paid for MGM; Babs and Mikey have iron clad control over 007. It's their call 100% for -anything- 007 related.

edited May 2021 Posts: 3,018
    talos7 wrote: »
    In October I’m traveling to Scotland to see an incredible exhibition, Ray Harryhausen | Titan of Cinema; it covers the life and work of a legendary film pioneer.
    It just struck me that NTTD will be released, so I’m looking forward to seeing it in a cinema in Edinburgh. What a thrill.

Inventor more or less of stop motion..
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    duke_togo wrote: »
    Eon Bosses Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson released a statement this AM saying that “We are committed to continuing to make James Bond films for the worldwide theatrical audience.” https://deadline.com/2021/05/james-bond-no-time-to-die-amazon-mgm-acquisition-1234764548/

It doesn't matter how much Dr. Evil paid for MGM; Babs and Mikey have iron clad control over 007. It's their call 100% for -anything- 007 related.

As it should be. EON has been producing blockbusters for going on seven decades. You don't monkey with that. Bezos (who is actually stepping down) isn't dumb and neither is the company. When you have a good thing going, you leave it alone. I expect Babs and MGW will continue to have carte blanche.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Well he definitely refined it and pioneered it’s use in fantasy films including Jason and the Argonauts, which co-starred Honor Blackman.

Well he definitely refined it and pioneered it’s use in fantasy films including Jason and the Argonauts, which co-starred Honor Blackman.

Off topic: I remember the skeletons with swords coming alive, don't know what early movie it was. And that legendary stop motion tech guy Phil Tippett at ILM had him as his idol, taking inspiration while shooting all the miniatures in the first three star wars movies.

Off topic: I remember the skeletons with swords coming alive, don't know what early movie it was. And that legendary stop motion tech guy Phil Tippett at ILM had him as his idol, taking inspiration while shooting all the miniatures in the first three star wars movies.

Jason and the Argonauts. One of my all time favourite films
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    That should please a few Bond fans

Nothing new here.
    Funny how the media tries to explain stuff, that is set in stone since forever.
    And they present it as if it's news.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    51210858555_86be757104_o.png

Two nuggets of NTTD production info in the latest issue of MI6 Confidential:

Ralph Fiennes chose one of the paintings for M's office:
    For M's office in No Time to Die, production designer Mark Tildesley wanted Ralph Fiennes' M to put his own touch on the classic set, so he invited the actor to pick out a piece of artwork that he felt was in line with his character and the story. Fiennes chose 'Nash: Battle Of Germany' (1944), an oil painting by British surrealist painter and war artist Paul Nash. It depicts an abstract view of a German city awaiting aerial bombardment.

51209083622_907e2d21cc_o.png

Jamaican actor Munair Zacca (San Moniquan hotel receptionist, LALD) chats about NTTD:
    Munair learned that the latest 007 epic would feature two actresses of Jamaican background in major roles - Lashana Lynch and Naomie Harris.

"They were also interviewing people in Kingston for small roles. I think they were just looking for people off the streets, extras. They weren't looking for actors. They had one speaking role for a barber. But I don't think I looked like what they wanted. Anyway, I didn't hear anything back."

Though he didn't get the role, Munair was already the veteran of an earlier Bond classic.

Could we see Bond getting a shave at the barber before his trip to Cuba? Or perhaps Felix getting his head shaved before meeting Bond?

51209083762_68d4db5ae1_o.png
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I have to say I recently rewatched the music video, and I genuinely believe Lea Seydoux is gonna kill it in this one. The shot of her on the train with Bond leaving her is already heartbreaking enough and that's one shot at the beginning of the movie...
    I have to say I recently rewatched the music video, and I genuinely believe Lea Seydoux is gonna kill it in this one. The shot of her on the train with Bond leaving her is already heartbreaking enough and that's one shot at the beginning of the movie...
    I also believe Madeleine will be far more interesting this time around. Seydoux is a great actress when working with substantial material.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I also believe Madeleine will be far more interesting this time around. Seydoux is a great actress when working with substantial material.
    100%
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Yes, she is a proper film star. Also I read a review of Spectre where it points out how much work she is doing to try to show Madeline falling in love with Bond in that film- stuff like the little smile at the end of the talk about the gun on the train: she's doing all she can beyond the script to try to sell that story.