No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

1102710281030103210331057

Comments

  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 11,069
    jake24 wrote: »
    That’s awesome @QBranch
    Cheers buddy, glad you like it.


    The card I showed above is my replica, but as I said, this is Bond's new one for the film - this is not based on the one from 007Store, the one for sale there is based on the one from the film. I have been working on making this card since before the novelty ones appeared online. The one I am showing here - the front side and hologram is visually accurate to the one made by the prop department. I have not seen the back of the actual card.

    The prop guys made MI6 IDs for Bond for TND and TWINE, and SIS IDs for Bond for SF and NTTD. Probably other films too. Many other MI6 crew members have had IDs going back to TLD, maybe earlier. You can see Mallory's SIS ID on his desk in one of the NTTD production photos of his office.

    Now, let's compare the SIS ID card designs made for SF, SP and NTTD:

    51082362883_c1f4a034ce_o.png
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited March 31 Posts: 1,662
    400 million dollar deal reached for Knives Out 2 to go straight to Netflix. Daniel Craig & Rian Johnson returning.

    Edit: pending I guess. Nothing official yet.
  • Posts: 1,077
    I'm confused. Does Bond arrive these days at Universal Exports and then secretly go into the MI6 facilities or does he just walk into a government sanctioned building housing intelligence services and check in?
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Wattenscheid
    Posts: 456
    delfloria wrote: »
    I'm confused. Does Bond arrive these days at Universal Exports and then secretly go into the MI6 facilities or does he just walk into a government sanctioned building housing intelligence services and check in?

    At least from the trailer of NTTD with the "Bond. James Bond" gag it looks like he just walks into the visitor's entrance. At that point he has been retired for some time of course.
    I don't know if anyone has a more complete history of the Universal Exports cover in recent times, but I don't think it has been used extensively for either Brosnan or Craig. They have more purpose-built covers from mission to mission.
    As for Craig, he usually just shows up in M's residence to get around the problem of official cover 😂.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,485
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    400 million dollar deal reached for Knives Out 2 to go straight to Netflix. Daniel Craig & Rian Johnson returning.

    Edit: pending I guess. Nothing official yet.

    Knives out 2 AND 3 actually.

    Nr 2 starts shooting in Greece this summer.

    https://deadline.com/2021/03/knives-out-two-sequels-netflix-400-million-plus-deal-daniel-craig-rian-johnson-ram-bergman-1234724575/

    https://www.engadget.com/knives-out-netflix-215245594.html

  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited April 1 Posts: 6,696
    delfloria wrote: »
    I'm confused. Does Bond arrive these days at Universal Exports and then secretly go into the MI6 facilities or does he just walk into a government sanctioned building housing intelligence services and check in?

    I think these days UniEx is just the cover name they use when they're out and about rather than the building name- everyone knew Vauxhall Cross was the MI6 building. I think it was only ever shown to be used on the actual HQ in OHMSS and TLD...? I've probably missed an obvious one!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 11,069
    DN:

    45395172384_a96c05e45b_o.jpg


    Would love to see a new (evolved) Univex logo in NTTD just to further reflect how things have changed in Bond's absence.

    I think the most recent mentions of Univex were in the Dynamite comics Hammerhead and Kill Chain, with a Univex warehouse where Bond keeps a Mustang, and a Univex truck full of killer drones.

    I feel we need a Univex thread.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Wattenscheid
    Posts: 456
    Dryden has a Univex folder in the drawer he keeps his gun in. It has the old logo with the stylized globe.
    Would be cool if it came back in a more prominent way, I think. And don't they switch to a different cover somewhere late in the Fleming novels?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 11,069
    Yeah, I believe that is Transworld Consortium from TMWTGG.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 6,696
    QBranch wrote: »
    DN:

    45395172384_a96c05e45b_o.jpg

    Good point! I love that the entirety of MI7(!) in that film seems to be M's office :D
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Posts: 2,682
    Knives out 2 is gonna come out before this film. Lol
  • edited April 2 Posts: 1,384
    Just read this, which I think is a "what if" idea about NTTD. Perhaps this has already been considered in this thread. Incidentally this website has a bunch of other Bond articles.
    https://screenrant.com/james-bond-no-time-die-spectre-reverse-twist-mistake/
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 11,069
    Blofeld has two conflicting birth dates in NTTD (04/07/46 and 28/05/64), so there's definitely something fishy going on with him.
  • Posts: 337
    I saw that article urging the film-makers to undo the Blofeld-is-Bond's-brother plotline in NTTD. How ? Bond certainly recognizes him. And Blofeld certainly was the head of SPECTRE. The only thing which would be undone would be that Blofeld had not organized other villains in any way to trouble Bond. OK...but you'd already have the significant non-changeable aspect: that Bond's brother became the head of SPECTRE, an organization of baddies
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Nigeria
    Posts: 3,594
    Not that I like the Brother thing, but I wonder if it would have been embraced, if Kevin Spacey was cast as Blofeld. Because I think there were rumours then that Spacey might be Blofeld. And I really bought it, because of his American Beauty connection with Mendes.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 6,696
    I imagine once he'd played the 'Hollywood' version of Dr Evil he would never have been allowed to be Blofeld! :)
  • MaxCasinoMaxCasino United States
    Posts: 1,852
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Not that I like the Brother thing, but I wonder if it would have been embraced, if Kevin Spacey was cast as Blofeld. Because I think there were rumours then that Spacey might be Blofeld. And I really bought it, because of his American Beauty connection with Mendes.

    They’d have to recast him after 2017 anyway. It’s a shame, because he would have been a great Bond villain. Now he’s a real life one.
  • MalloryMallory Are you ready to get back to work?
    Posts: 1,152
    I always thought Werner Herzog would have made an excellent Blofeld, as he is in Jack Reacher.

    herzog.png
  • MaxCasino wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Not that I like the Brother thing, but I wonder if it would have been embraced, if Kevin Spacey was cast as Blofeld. Because I think there were rumours then that Spacey might be Blofeld. And I really bought it, because of his American Beauty connection with Mendes.

    They’d have to recast him after 2017 anyway. It’s a shame, because he would have been a great Bond villain. Now he’s a real life one.

    Kevin Spacey would have been an excellent villain a few years ago but he is no longer employable due to certain misdemeanors.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Nigeria
    Posts: 3,594
    mtm wrote: »
    I imagine once he'd played the 'Hollywood' version of Dr Evil he would never have been allowed to be Blofeld! :)

    Yeah. I thought about that too. But we know Spacey can be very creepy when he's in serious mode.
    MaxCasino wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Not that I like the Brother thing, but I wonder if it would have been embraced, if Kevin Spacey was cast as Blofeld. Because I think there were rumours then that Spacey might be Blofeld. And I really bought it, because of his American Beauty connection with Mendes.

    They’d have to recast him after 2017 anyway. It’s a shame, because he would have been a great Bond villain. Now he’s a real life one.

    Yeah. I think he would have been a very enigmatic and creepy Blofeld.
    Mallory wrote: »
    I always thought Werner Herzog would have made an excellent Blofeld, as he is in Jack Reacher.

    herzog.png

    Yeah. Good choice too. And since he's a director too, he would have helped Mendes to create new character traits for a modern Blofeld.

  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited April 2 Posts: 6,696
    Mallory wrote: »
    I always thought Werner Herzog would have made an excellent Blofeld, as he is in Jack Reacher.

    Yes indeed, that's a lovely thought.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Nigeria
    edited April 2 Posts: 3,594
    All we can hope for, is for Waltz to make every scene he is, in NTTD count or be very memorable....then we could just easily appreciate his Blofeld more. I don't think Waltz can afford to waste any second in NTTD.
  • edited April 2 Posts: 1,384
    Since62 wrote: »
    I saw that article urging the film-makers to undo the Blofeld-is-Bond's-brother plotline in NTTD. How ? Bond certainly recognizes him. And Blofeld certainly was the head of SPECTRE. The only thing which would be undone would be that Blofeld had not organized other villains in any way to trouble Bond. OK...but you'd already have the significant non-changeable aspect: that Bond's brother became the head of SPECTRE, an organization of baddies
    Good point. Maybe the only way they could work it is if Blofeld had reconstructive facial surgery of some kind to look like James' boyhood step-brother, a la in DAF. And what would the reason for that be (just to psychologically torment him)...Bond wasn't shaken from his mission by the brother connection.
  • Herzog was definitely my #1 choice for Blofeld at the time. Obviously wouldn’t have worked very well with the foster brother angle though.
  • fadetoblack7fadetoblack7 Chicago IL
    Posts: 22
    QBranch wrote: »
    Blofeld has two conflicting birth dates in NTTD (04/07/46 and 28/05/64), so there's definitely something fishy going on with him.

    When or where was this revealed? I must’ve missed it.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Nigeria
    Posts: 3,594
    I still don't like the Brother thing, but if it were done with credible complexity, it might have elevated it. It was just too simple and shallow.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,401
    QBranch wrote: »
    Blofeld has two conflicting birth dates in NTTD (04/07/46 and 28/05/64), so there's definitely something fishy going on with him.

    When or where was this revealed? I must’ve missed it.
    During the first trailer where Tanner talks about Blofeld being a valuable asset, the screen indicates 04/07/46 as his birthday - implying his character around 74 years of age.
  • Posts: 623
    Mallory wrote: »
    I always thought Werner Herzog would have made an excellent Blofeld, as he is in Jack Reacher.

    herzog.png

    This is the first time I hear of this suggestion - and I can't agree more!
  • It always surprised me that none of the live action Blofelds, save for Von Sydow I guess, were cast to be similar to the glimpses we get of him in FRWL and Thunderball. Herzog gives off those icy mastermind vibes though, and he has the perfect voice.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 11,069
    jake24 wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    Blofeld has two conflicting birth dates in NTTD (04/07/46 and 28/05/64), so there's definitely something fishy going on with him.

    When or where was this revealed? I must’ve missed it.
    During the first trailer where Tanner talks about Blofeld being a valuable asset, the screen indicates 04/07/46 as his birthday - implying his character around 74 years of age.
    And the other date - 28/05/64, can be seen on Madeleine's folder on Blofeld, when she bumps into Bond at MI6.
Sign In or Register to comment.