No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

1101810191021102310241211

Comments

  • The rest of the film hardly looks lacking in action. I’m very excited about the off-road (Norway?) chase
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 8,402
    The rest of the film hardly looks lacking in action. I’m very excited about the off-road (Norway?) chase

    Yes me too: oddly considering the number of 4x4 cars there are around now, I can't think of many other films which have done an off-road chase!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing South Florida
    Posts: 3,784
    Figure the movie is roughly 20 minutes longer than Skyfall and Spectre so that'll allow for the extended PTS
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,283
    I seem to remember (unfortunately not where) I read
    Madeleine emerging from water in Cava dei Poeti (the scenes shown in the first Billie Eilish clip back in February 2020) is supposed to be her remembering the scene in lake's waters in Norway. She then turns to Bond almost scared mistaking him for Safin and then smiling realising she's in the present day

    This does make the most sense.
    Contraband wrote: »
    I suspect the Norway scene will be Madeleine dreaming, then she'll wake up in Matera in the present and we go from there.

    If she's dreaming that would be in the DB5 because they filmed scenes with Bond and Swann driving along the coast heading for Matera and production even built a short tunnel in the middle of Matera city with them driving through it, arriving in the city plus several other driving scenes in the evening (and finally stops outside the hotel)

    Yes. I believe the Globe-Trotter brand of luggage makes an appearance (product placement) when Bond and Madeleine arrive at their Matera hotel.
  • Posts: 3,037
    The rest of the film hardly looks lacking in action. I’m very excited about the off-road (Norway?) chase

    There were also plenty of action posttitle SF and SP. The PTS in both movies were still - for me - the action highlight of both movies.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,941
    TripAces wrote: »
    I seem to remember (unfortunately not where) I read
    Madeleine emerging from water in Cava dei Poeti (the scenes shown in the first Billie Eilish clip back in February 2020) is supposed to be her remembering the scene in lake's waters in Norway. She then turns to Bond almost scared mistaking him for Safin and then smiling realising she's in the present day

    This does make the most sense.
    Contraband wrote: »
    I suspect the Norway scene will be Madeleine dreaming, then she'll wake up in Matera in the present and we go from there.

    If she's dreaming that would be in the DB5 because they filmed scenes with Bond and Swann driving along the coast heading for Matera and production even built a short tunnel in the middle of Matera city with them driving through it, arriving in the city plus several other driving scenes in the evening (and finally stops outside the hotel)

    Yes. I believe the Globe-Trotter brand of luggage makes an appearance (product placement) when Bond and Madeleine arrive at their Matera hotel.

    wej52sl.jpg

    :-)

  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,941
    Finally on YouTube: Casino Royale reunion chat with Craig & Mads Mikkelsen



  • Posts: 1,115
    Contraband wrote: »
    Finally on YouTube: Casino Royale reunion chat with Craig & Mads Mikkelsen


    What a wonderful video. It’s great to hear their recollections of CR but I was fascinated to hear them discuss the acting process.
    I could have watched hours of these two chatting.

  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited March 14 Posts: 4,283
    Contraband wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    I seem to remember (unfortunately not where) I read
    Madeleine emerging from water in Cava dei Poeti (the scenes shown in the first Billie Eilish clip back in February 2020) is supposed to be her remembering the scene in lake's waters in Norway. She then turns to Bond almost scared mistaking him for Safin and then smiling realising she's in the present day

    This does make the most sense.
    Contraband wrote: »
    I suspect the Norway scene will be Madeleine dreaming, then she'll wake up in Matera in the present and we go from there.

    If she's dreaming that would be in the DB5 because they filmed scenes with Bond and Swann driving along the coast heading for Matera and production even built a short tunnel in the middle of Matera city with them driving through it, arriving in the city plus several other driving scenes in the evening (and finally stops outside the hotel)

    Yes. I believe the Globe-Trotter brand of luggage makes an appearance (product placement) when Bond and Madeleine arrive at their Matera hotel.

    wej52sl.jpg

    :-)

    I knew that if anyone had the photographic proof, it would be you, @Contraband! ;)
    Contraband wrote: »
    Finally on YouTube: Casino Royale reunion chat with Craig & Mads Mikkelsen



    It's great hearing these two after all these years, but this really seemed like a (not so) subtle promotional video for Another Round.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,941
    TripAces wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    I seem to remember (unfortunately not where) I read
    Madeleine emerging from water in Cava dei Poeti (the scenes shown in the first Billie Eilish clip back in February 2020) is supposed to be her remembering the scene in lake's waters in Norway. She then turns to Bond almost scared mistaking him for Safin and then smiling realising she's in the present day

    This does make the most sense.
    Contraband wrote: »
    I suspect the Norway scene will be Madeleine dreaming, then she'll wake up in Matera in the present and we go from there.

    If she's dreaming that would be in the DB5 because they filmed scenes with Bond and Swann driving along the coast heading for Matera and production even built a short tunnel in the middle of Matera city with them driving through it, arriving in the city plus several other driving scenes in the evening (and finally stops outside the hotel)

    Yes. I believe the Globe-Trotter brand of luggage makes an appearance (product placement) when Bond and Madeleine arrive at their Matera hotel.

    wej52sl.jpg

    :-)

    I knew that if anyone had the photographic proof, it would be you, @Contraband! ;)
    Contraband wrote: »
    Finally on YouTube: Casino Royale reunion chat with Craig & Mads Mikkelsen



    It's great hearing these two after all these years, but this really seemed like a (not so) subtle promotional video for Another Round.

    @TripAces Haha.. Just doing my job sir, just doing my job
  • Posts: 12,241
    Contraband wrote: »
    Finally on YouTube: Casino Royale reunion chat with Craig & Mads Mikkelsen



    This was a great watch! :-bd
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 8,402
    Contraband wrote: »
    Finally on YouTube: Casino Royale reunion chat with Craig & Mads Mikkelsen



    Thank you for this, I can give it a watch on the telly now.
  • edited March 15 Posts: 1,092
    In regards to the action sequences. I think there may be a bit of misdirection in the marketing as far as the prominence of the Matera action sequence given the overall reported screentime of the PTS. It may be the most prominently featured in the promotional materials but I wouldn't be surprised if the Norway chase sequence and invasion of Safin's lair surpass it in scope and screen time. There is A LOT of this movie we haven't even glimpsed yet, which is pretty unusual as the past Craig films could have been pieced together with relatively high detail from start to finish prior to release (largely due to leaks), but even after multiple delays we really only have a general idea of the order of locations visited and pretty vague guesses of plot beats and character motivatons (most of which don't have a ton of strong evidence).

    Given the fact that to this point we've seen a lot of the same few sequences in a 2hr 40min film and the push that this is the "mission that changes everything", I've got reason to believe that there is a lot that has been withheld and much of what we have seen may play very differently with context.
  • MalloryMallory Are you ready to get back to work?
    Posts: 1,444
    @battleshipgreygt I hope so. I really wish we had a CR Madagascar chase style action scene in the film. I dont think we do though.
  • fadetoblack7fadetoblack7 Chicago IL
    Posts: 31
    In regards to the action sequences. I think there may be a bit of misdirection in the marketing as far as the prominence of the Matera action sequence given the overall reported screentime of the PTS. It may be the most prominently featured in the promotional materials but I wouldn't be surprised if the Norway chase sequence and invasion of Safin's lair surpass it in scope and screen time. There is A LOT of this movie we haven't even glimpsed yet, which is pretty unusual as the past Craig films could have been pieced together with relatively high detail from start to finish prior to release (largely due to leaks), but even after multiple delays we really only have a general idea of the order of locations visited and pretty vague guesses of plot beats and character motivatons (most of which don't have a ton of strong evidence).

    Given the fact that to this point we've seen a lot of the same few sequences in a 2hr 40min film and the push that this is the "mission that changes everything", I've got reason to believe that there is a lot that has been withheld and much of what we have seen may play very differently with context.

    Agreed. I really hope this film turns out to be nothing like the trailers (in the best way possible!)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,547
    In regards to the action sequences. I think there may be a bit of misdirection in the marketing as far as the prominence of the Matera action sequence given the overall reported screentime of the PTS. It may be the most prominently featured in the promotional materials but I wouldn't be surprised if the Norway chase sequence and invasion of Safin's lair surpass it in scope and screen time. There is A LOT of this movie we haven't even glimpsed yet, which is pretty unusual as the past Craig films could have been pieced together with relatively high detail from start to finish prior to release (largely due to leaks), but even after multiple delays we really only have a general idea of the order of locations visited and pretty vague guesses of plot beats and character motivatons (most of which don't have a ton of strong evidence).

    Given the fact that to this point we've seen a lot of the same few sequences in a 2hr 40min film and the push that this is the "mission that changes everything", I've got reason to believe that there is a lot that has been withheld and much of what we have seen may play very differently with context.

    Agreed. I really hope this film turns out to be nothing like the trailers (in the best way possible!)
    Yes. Compared to SPECTRE where the majority of the best moments were revealed in the trailers, I feel the exact opposite is the case for NTTD.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Posts: 954
    @battleshipgreygt totally agree mate, I think there is a lot of this film we haven't seen yet.
    I really think the Cuba scene as well as that forest sequence we saw in the second trailer is going to be a highlight.
    The thing I've noticed is in a lot of the action in NTTD, it looks like Bond is really being tested and is almost on the back foot, which looks really promising
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,283
    In regards to the action sequences. I think there may be a bit of misdirection in the marketing as far as the prominence of the Matera action sequence given the overall reported screentime of the PTS. It may be the most prominently featured in the promotional materials but I wouldn't be surprised if the Norway chase sequence and invasion of Safin's lair surpass it in scope and screen time. There is A LOT of this movie we haven't even glimpsed yet, which is pretty unusual as the past Craig films could have been pieced together with relatively high detail from start to finish prior to release (largely due to leaks), but even after multiple delays we really only have a general idea of the order of locations visited and pretty vague guesses of plot beats and character motivatons (most of which don't have a ton of strong evidence).

    Given the fact that to this point we've seen a lot of the same few sequences in a 2hr 40min film and the push that this is the "mission that changes everything", I've got reason to believe that there is a lot that has been withheld and much of what we have seen may play very differently with context.

    If we're looking at a 20-minute PTS, I'm going to guess that the last 5 of those are the Matera chase sequence, starting with
    the explosion at the cemetery

    That leaves about 5 minutes in Norway and 10 minutes to establish Bond and Madeleine arriving in Matera.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    Posts: 371
    I’m personally looking forward to Bond infiltrating Safin’s lair, all decked out in tactical gear, etc. Looks like it’ll be a very intense and perhaps even emotional part of the film.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,283
    I’m personally looking forward to Bond infiltrating Safin’s lair, all decked out in tactical gear, etc. Looks like it’ll be a very intense and perhaps even emotional part of the film.

    And of that: Craig has said that the military sweater has some sort of importance. Can't wait!
  • edited March 16 Posts: 564
    I have absolutely no basis in research, fact, or reality for this, but I have this optimistic hunch that the October release date for NTTD is going to stick. I'm usually more cynical about these things, but my intuition is telling me it's going to happen. Of course, I've been wrong once or twice before in my life...
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Posts: 954
    @PDJamesBond I hope you're right my friend
    Hopefully we'll have a better idea of how likely that October release date will be, by the summer

  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,748
    How is Europe currently doing with the virus? I thought I had read yesterday things weren’t looking too good.
  • edited March 16 Posts: 3,774
    Here in Ireland, numbers skyrocketed after Christmas, another lockdown brought things down, but we have stalled. Plus vaccine rollout has been slow, with problems with supply.
    Theres a real fear that tomorrow, St. Patricks Day, people are going to lose the run of themselves and send us into a fourth wave!
  • Posts: 3,133
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    How is Europe currently doing with the virus? I thought I had read yesterday things weren’t looking too good.

    UK is still racing ahead of schedule, continental Europe hitting a snag with AstraZeneca....
  • Posts: 3,037
    jake24 wrote: »
    In regards to the action sequences. I think there may be a bit of misdirection in the marketing as far as the prominence of the Matera action sequence given the overall reported screentime of the PTS. It may be the most prominently featured in the promotional materials but I wouldn't be surprised if the Norway chase sequence and invasion of Safin's lair surpass it in scope and screen time. There is A LOT of this movie we haven't even glimpsed yet, which is pretty unusual as the past Craig films could have been pieced together with relatively high detail from start to finish prior to release (largely due to leaks), but even after multiple delays we really only have a general idea of the order of locations visited and pretty vague guesses of plot beats and character motivatons (most of which don't have a ton of strong evidence).

    Given the fact that to this point we've seen a lot of the same few sequences in a 2hr 40min film and the push that this is the "mission that changes everything", I've got reason to believe that there is a lot that has been withheld and much of what we have seen may play very differently with context.

    Agreed. I really hope this film turns out to be nothing like the trailers (in the best way possible!)
    Yes. Compared to SPECTRE where the majority of the best moments were revealed in the trailers, I feel the exact opposite is the case for NTTD.
    That would be a first! I think all the "money shots" are in the trailer. The bike jump, the car tilting over in the Norway chase, the exploding boat etc.
  • Posts: 587
    I fear that they must delay it again. America and UK might be ready for this film at its current release schedule. But I don’t think Europe will be able to fully vaccinated by that deadline.
  • Posts: 2,404
    I fear that they must delay it again. America and UK might be ready for this film at its current release schedule. But I don’t think Europe will be able to fully vaccinated by that deadline.

    The way Europe is going Craig will have not only retired from Bond but acting too when they'll be able to show the film.
Sign In or Register to comment.