No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    @matt_u Translation please:

• manovermanover uk
    Looks like the filming is almost done..
    Maybe wait 1 to 2 weeks before releasing teaser trailer..as star wars trailer out tommorrow...will suck all the publicity.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    All the more reason to resent Disney.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Contraband wrote: »

It's a thank you note from the producers, the director, the cast and the crew to the people and the entire community of Matera - legal and government institutions, police, firefighters, etc.
    Another delay of the release date would perfectly explain why they haven't dropped the teaser yet. And before you start panicking: what if they are 100% on track to finish the movie before April but have decided that a summer release would suit the movie better?

It's a thank you note from the producers, the director, the cast and the crew to the people and the entire community of Matera - legal and government institutions, police, firefighters, etc.

Aah, thought it was something like that. Grazie ;)
    Ingen orsak :)

Landsman.. Coolt.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Another delay of the release date would perfectly explain why they haven't dropped the teaser yet. And before you start panicking: what if they are 100% on track to finish the movie before April but have decided that a summer release would suit the movie better?
    I don't see any reason to think this. By your own words, we're on schedule with the Spectre teaser trailer, and with filming about to be completed, with still over 5 months to edit, market and finish everything else within post-production, I still see no reason to delay any further, especially for a release "that would suit the movie better".
    I am sure their will be a statement confirming when filming as wrapped, but like others have already mentioned, That I do not believe Eon will make reference to whether DC has finally stepped down as Bond? Personally I do believe it will be his last adventure.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    By your own words, we're on schedule with the Spectre teaser trailer,
    No, we aren't on schedule with the Spectre teaser trailer, although they still have 8 days to be on schedule with the Skyfall teaser trailer (and no, don't get your hopes up, the teaser trailer will not be released in the next 8 days).

Number of days between first teaser trailer and UK opening of SF: 159
    Number of days between first teaser trailer and UK opening of SP: 214
    Number of days until the UK opening of NTTD: 167
    Does it really matter that the NTTD teaser release is in line with what's been done before?

IMO, no.
    Eon is getting a bit cocky.
    Seems like the only one that held this production together was fukunaga.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Tuck91 wrote: »

What is this based on, exactly?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    By your own words, we're on schedule with the Spectre teaser trailer,
    No, we aren't on schedule with the Spectre teaser trailer, although they still have 8 days to be on schedule with the Skyfall teaser trailer (and no, don't get your hopes up, the teaser trailer will not be released in the next 8 days).
    Either way it still applies, and so do my other comments which you've seemed to ignore. A delay makes no sense at this point.
    Eon is getting a bit cocky. Seems like the only one that held this production together was Fukunaga.
    I mean... there's no real reason to think this...

Landsman.. Coolt.

:)
    I'm not Swedish.

Landsman.. Coolt.

:)
    I'm not Swedish.

Lol..
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    Dear lord ... Ana is so beautiful - I am sure she‘ll top many fans‘ Bond girl rankings. Still happy about her casting.
    Getafix wrote: »
    First ever flashback in a Bond movie?

Was in OHMSS.
    peter wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Ten years ago I had a completely severed tendon in my right foot surgically repaired; within a month I was back to normal, moderate activity and was cleared to return to firefighting activities after two months. I was , however, exercising, and vigorously walking on it a couple of weeks prior to that.

While the most likely, do we know that it was a tendon?

I was told it was a ligament damage.
    peter wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

• MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

@Tuck91 must have a negativity fetish, because he shows up day after day to be dissenting with zero context.
    Minion wrote: »

@Tuck91 must have a negativity fetish, because he shows up day after day to be dissenting with zero context.

Wrong

I’ve paid Eon and company many heartfelt and genuine compliments many times.

But startling on James Bond Day they should’ve kicked off with some exciting bts footage minimum and a couple teaser shots.

I’m just not feeling the excitement this time around.

Go back to 2012 and everyone and their brother knew about skyfall months in advance. The lines were outside the cinema at the premiere.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Minion wrote: »

Wrong

I’ve paid Eon and company many heartfelt and genuine compliments many times.

But startling on James Bond Day they should’ve kicked off with some exciting bts footage minimum and a couple teaser shots.

I’m just not feeling the excitement this time around.

Go back to 2012 and everyone and their brother knew about skyfall months in advance. The lines were outside the cinema at the premiere.

But how does this indicate cockiness in any sort of way?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Tuck seems like a frustrated fan; when things don't turn out his way, he gets insolent and angry... But s/he has no reference to what filmmaking is...

Jeezus... April will be here soon enough-- you will have your chance to pounce on EoN's idiocy/cockiness then... but you have NO IDEA what's going on now.

Let them play it out, and when you see the final film you will be like everyone else: you will love it, like it, not like it, hate it.

Wait your turn @Tuck91
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    edited October 2019 Posts: 204
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 440

While I have no insight into the minds of Universal or Danjaq, I hardly think they would move it to the summer, especially if the movie is going to be finished on time.

The current April release date is brilliant as it has essentially no direct competition for three whole weeks. Thus, leaving its box office free to not get cannibalized by similar movies.

When you consider just how crowded the spring and summer release schedule has gotten these last few years, this is a rare opportunity that they would be fools to pass up.

I think far too many people here are panicking about the trailer release dates and what that means for the movie. Remember, the previous Craig films were released by Sony, this one is being put out by Universal.

It's actually very uncommon for movies to put out teasers and trailers up to 6 or 7 months ahead of the actual release and given that a different company is working on it now, I see no reason for us to panic.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I think far too many people here are panicking about the trailer release dates and what that means for the movie. Remember, the previous Craig films were released by Sony, this one is being put out by Universal.

It's actually very uncommon for movies to release teasers and trailers up to 6 or 7 months ahead of the actual release and given that a different company is working on it now, I see no reason for us to panic.
    Wise words @AKillToAView
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    HMBFF wrote: »
    I relate it, @HMBFF.
    “Actually, Barry Jenkins, the director of ‘Moonlight,’ he always said that he wanted to do a Moneypenny spin-off, so maybe…” stated Harris.

After that tease, we had to ask whether she’d had a chance to get Jenkins together with EON Productions, who is in charge of all things Bond, and she said, “I did. I got him together with Barbara [Broccoli], and they had a little discussion, but nothing’s happened so far, but you never know.”
    Not automatically a bad idea, I'd like to hear the pitch and story proposals.

Filmed and released in the lurch between Bond missions. Could be entertaining with a different approach and presentation than OO7 of course. Could also be a training ground for EON's own talent, allowing them to promote from within.
    tumblr_pzpfasfPMk1ytvm9qo1_250.jpg
  • Denbigh wrote: »
    Wise words @AKillToAView
    Thank you @Denbigh
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I don't see any reason to think this. By your own words, we're on schedule with the Spectre teaser trailer, and with filming about to be completed, with still over 5 months to edit, market and finish everything else within post-production, I still see no reason to delay any further, especially for a release "that would suit the movie better".

@AKillToAView shows you how to handle all this trailer stress.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    It does seem like they are trying to hide this movie. You see it alot when studios aren't confident in the production, I wonder if their are any reshoots planned? It just doesn't make sense to be this quiet by this stage. The wait for Bond 25 has been lomger than any other Bond film in the last 20 years! You'd think they would be eager to put our minds at rest, but with only, what, 5.2 months left, still not even a basic 2 minute teaser? If they had all the footage ready, JBD would have been the perfect opportunity. Seems like they are still unsure of how they want to present the film?