No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Denbigh wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    I know people are probably going to groan but I'm kind of intrigued how Blofeld will fit in all this.
    I'd only be concerned if Mendes was returning. With new writers on this and a new director, I'm actually quite intrigued on what's going to be done with him.

I feel the same.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 832
    I know people are probably going to groan but I'm kind of intrigued how Blofeld will fit in all this.
    I'd only be concerned if Mendes was returning. With new writers on this and a new director, I'm actually quite intrigued on what's going to be done with him.

Having no interest in any spectre plotline, ranking it in my bottom 5, this gives me confidence.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I think that if Waltz is given another crack at portraying Blofeld, he will knock it out of the park and deliver a chilling performance of a demented, criminal genius.
    The silliness that Mendes instilled, as he did with Silva, will be stripped away.
    Oberhauser was good until the torture/ London finale. The meteorite scene was entertaining and probably one of the most memorable villian entrances. Silva had some good genuine moments. You could feel his rage and confliction toward m on the chapel.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Oberhauser was good until the torture/ London finale. The meteorite scene was entertaining and probably one of the most memorable villian entrances. Silva had some good genuine moments. You could feel his rage and confliction toward m on the chapel.

Yes, the silly quirkiness was handled better with Silva; it helped to ruin Blofeld.

I rewatched spectre for the first time since early 2017. I firmly believe the film would be so much better had an action director helmed it. Mendes just wasn’t right for Spectre, you could tell in skyfall he wanted to tell an impactful story with passion while keeping to the bond lore but that same passion wasn’t there for Spectre and it shows.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I rewatched spectre for the first time since early 2017. I firmly believe the film would be so much better had an action director helmed it. Mendes just wasn’t right for Spectre, you could tell in skyfall he wanted to tell an impactful story with passion while keeping to the bond lore but that same passion wasn’t there for Spectre and it shows.

No director could save that film from that third act, as written.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 677
    Idk, I smelled something wasn't right since reading the leaked script notes. Nothing was grabbing me.

However, the teaser and then the trailer swayed me a bit into possitivity (especially with OHMSS theme). It looked bombastic and exciting. The film was anything but, however.
    Exactly. From time to time I can´t stop myself trying to give SF and SP new chances. And with each new attempt it becomes clearer that for me Mendes is the key factor I cannot get into these films. I have no doubt whatsoever that even Brofeld could have been made into a film I could watch over and over again.

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,497
    They should've never made him Bond's brother.

And Waltz was only in the film for the last 40 mins,how is he to meant to portray the character properly in that amount of time.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    And Waltz was only in the film for the last 40 mins,how is he to meant to portray the character properly in that amount of time.

Oh yes, that too.

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Move on move on move on.....
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam

when did Donald Pleasence make his appearance in YOLT?
    walter1985 wrote: »

Even later I think ,and he was naff as well - just no time.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Fresh article (translated from italian)

It was the second unit that flew in yesterday plus it's cargo had two Austin Martin Vahalla. And again, the grammar and some words might look weird. Google translate isn't exactly the best tool.

"The plane in which the members of the second division of the film production of "James Bond 25", the film that will be shot in the Sassi of Matera, in Marina di Pisticci, Gravina di Puglia, landed in Bari on the afternoon of Monday 19 August. and Maratea. Two cars that will be used for the scenes of the movie also came out of the plane's cargo: two Austin Martin Vahalla. According to rumors the final title of the film "Bond 25" will be inspired by the human genome.

The 007 operation in the Sassi of Matera is entrusted to an executive production under the supervision of Enzo Sisti. The first shots, scheduled for August 26, will be made in the first week of September, in which the protagonist Daniel Craig will also be in the city of the Sassi, for the last time as James Bond. Many scenes will be shot by stuntmen because they are definitely dangerous but from what has been learned Daniel Craig will be at least for a day in Matera. Production is expected to finish filming within the first half of October and will then be transferred to the Ionian coast. There are 800 extras already contacted through a direct call. Eon production did not foresee the casting for this prestigious film production. Meanwhile, production continues to accommodate the cars required for the film's scenes, including some Roll Royces parked in the SPARKme technological accelerator spaces of the Matera company Openet in the Paip 2 area.

Among the 32 open-air sets set up between the Sassi of Matera and the Parco della Murgia Materana for the film number 25 dedicated to James Bond there is also that of an American cemetery built in recent days near the rock church of Madonna delle Vergini , in the locality of Murgecchia, from the Matera carpentry directed by the entrepreneur Antonio Cappiello. Gravestones, crosses and funeral monuments, all strictly made of wood. And the boiling temperatures do not stop the work in progress in the area below Piazzetta Pascoli, in the Sasso Caveoso of Matera, for the construction of another wooden structure, the hotel balcony build. It is a hotel room, with three large windows with spectacular views of the ancient "Sassi" districts, which will host the scenes of "Bond 25", a working title of the next film with the secret agent of his British majesty "007" , entrusted to Eon Production.

The structure is now taking a final shape, below one of the panoramic points on the ancient tuff quarters. The set obviously turned into an attraction in the attraction for the many tourists that crowd Matera these days. Many are those who, after photographing the Sassi, do not give up a selfie with the background of the room where James Bond will move.

The responsibility for the construction work on the construction site of the Calata Ridola set, the area below Piazzetta Pascoli, is the engineer from Milan, Fabio Mazzilli. Just this morning another briefing is scheduled with technicians and production managers of the James Bond film together with director Cary Fukunaga. Filming should begin on August 26th but there is no excluding a slip of the first take of a few days.

James Bond 25, the curiosity about the film that will be shot in Matera

12 million euros of investment in the city, about 100 accommodation facilities and 400 people working for production that will be seen by over 150 million people in the world only in cinemas, not to mention the home cinema circuit and other channels distribution.

These are the numbers of Bond 25, the new 007 film that will be shot in Matera in September and the first half of October. Filming will involve almost all of the Sassi who will be the absolute and sole protagonists of the adventures of the most important secret cinema agent. Some shots will then be shot in Gravina in Puglia and on the main road 18 that crosses Maratea. They are taken in cars useful for discovering the beauties of the Tyrrhenian coast of Basilicata."

sassilive.it/cultura-e-spettacoli/cinema-cultura-e-spettacoli/film-james-bond-25-nei-sassi-di-matera-e-sbarcata-la-troupe-di-seconda-divisione-della-produzione-cinematografica/

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Fair comment, although the '60s Blofeld was hinted at in previous films, Bond had dealt with SPECTRE in previous films, the plot of YOLT was less intricate and therefore much less demanding of a strong villain IMO, times have changed since then, ... I don't know why but there's a difference. Waltz' Blofeld didn't really do a lot of "Blofeldy" stuff. He never managed to crawl from underneath the "I'm your half-brother suffering from teen anxiety and I will destroy your life" rock. The problem is that his transition to Blofeld went by way of dropping a name. Most people, I think, still saw him as Oberhausen.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,185
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Fair comment, although the '60s Blofeld was hinted at in previous films, Bond had dealt with SPECTRE in previous films, the plot of YOLT was less intricate and therefore much less demanding of a strong villain IMO, times have changed since then, ... I don't know why but there's a difference. Waltz' Blofeld didn't really do a lot of "Blofeldy" stuff. He never managed to crawl from underneath the "I'm your half-brother suffering from teen anxiety and I will destroy your life" rock. The problem is that his transition to Blofeld went by way of dropping a name. Most people, I think, still saw him as Oberhausen.

Exactly, and adding any bit of characterization and motivation to Blofeld in B25 (or the Spectre organization as a whole), will automatically change our view of SP as well. I am very confident that after B25 we will see SP with different eyes. Let's hope it will be for the better.
    00Agent wrote: »

Exactly, and adding any bit of characterization and motivation to Blofeld in B25 (or the Spectre organization as a whole), will automatically change our view of SP as well. I am very confident that after B25 we will see SP with different eyes. Let's hope it will be for the better.

Nine-Eyes ?

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,185

Nine-Eyes ?

Goldeneye ;)
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,497

Nine-Eyes ?

Goldenye ;)

YOU ARE INVINCIBLE
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 2,594
    “Nine Eyes” is a good title.

Overall, I don’t think that Spectre was a bad film but not great either. Average at best. There are three major things I don’t like about this film: the worst part was when Bond so easily escaped from the lair in the desert. It seemed like he was just taking a casual stroll through the park while all the bad guys just couldn’t seem to hit him. Stupidity. Maybe Spectre’s HR department should concentrate more on hiring professionals who can aim. The second thing are the cheesy posters of people from Bond’s past that were put up on the walls of the SIS building. Absolutely cringe worthy. The third is how Bond seemed to pull a plane out of his arse in the mountains. Why not a scene where he snuck in, knocked a few people out and then took the plane? Talk about crappy, lazy writing.

Let’s hope that 25 will be an improvement.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    A piece of Furniture to be used in Bond 25. Getting very retro vibes from this.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343
    A general reminder, reporting facts.

Bond spent only two winters at Oberhauser's home and Blofeld is not Bond's brother.

Blofeld never searched for Bond and never planned revenge towards Bond in his entire life prior to Bond's promotion. His motivations have always been driven by business. He just started to toy with Bond's life once the spy started to unconsciously undermine his evil business plans.

Mendes' combo gave Bond a worldwide commercial success the franchise never witnessed since Connery's golden yers. We're talking about almost half a century.

This is 25 Filming thread, not the SP - complaining endlessly about the same old trite stuff -thread.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Production is expected to finish filming within the first half of October and will then be transferred to the Ionian coast.

This is interesting. Ionian coast means Marina di Pisticci, where the supposed wedding scene should take place.
    matt_u wrote: »

Bond spent only two winters at Oberhauser's home and Blofeld is not Bond's brother.

Blofeld never searched for Bond and never planned revenge towards Bond in his entire life prior to Bond's promotion. His motivations have always been driven by business. He just started to toy with Bond's life once the spy started to unconsciously undermine his evil business plans.

Mendes' combo gave Bond a worldwide commercial success the franchise never witnessed since Connery's golden yers. We're talking about almost half a century.

This is 25 Filming thread, not SP review thread.

Okay. :-?
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    WOW WOW WOW!!!

• HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited August 2019 Posts: 467
    Regarding the SPECTRE organization, it's a given that it will feature regularly in the next entries. Maybe not almost systematically, like in the Connery/Lazenby days, but quite often, as was the plan when Roger Moore arrived to make two "standalone" entries unrelated to SPECTRE and before EON realized that McClory owned full movie rights to SPECTRE and Blofeld.

The frustrating thing with Blofeld and SPECTRE in the old movies is that they set up the whole arc brilliantly (by having Dr. No and Rose Klebb be members of SPECTRE, which they were not in the original novels) and concluded it in a lackluster way with Diamonds Are Forever (aka "OHMSS never really existed, let's do something lightweight instead"), where Blofeld's death is the opposite of cathartic.

The Craig series is different, as they botched in Spectre the introduction of Blofeld in a barely imaginable way, but the four films so far have also a much tighter continuity between them than in the previous entries, so they still have a good shot at finding a proper resolution to the Bond/Blofeld relationship, even if it departs from the ending of OHMSS and from YOLT (the novel).

The million pound question is about setting up the next series. Will they close the door on Blofeld with Bond 25, leaving the next actor fight a SPECTRE organization with a different (or new) boss, after Blofeld is killed in Bond 25, or do they intend to have Blofeld back in Bond 26 or Bond 27, even if it's a different Bond actor opposite a different Blofeld actor? Basically, will they do a soft reboot (like they did for Dalton and Brosnan, where they scrap a few years from the age of the character and update some other elements) or will it be again a new continuity, with a new version of Blofeld, with no previous baggage between Bond and him?
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited August 2019 Posts: 1,165
    matt_u wrote: »

This is 25 Filming thread, not the SP - complaining endlessly about the same old trite stuff -thread.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Production is expected to finish filming within the first half of October and will then be transferred to the Ionian coast.

This is interesting. Ionian coast means Marina di Pisticci, where the supposed wedding scene should take place.
    Thank you.

I swear, every time I see an explosion of posts and I naturally assume new B25 information has released, it’s always the same dozen people complaining about something not related to B25 which you’d find a plethora of identical posts they’ve already shared on the subject.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    For Blofeld, they could also very easily retcon a few things from Spectre. Blofeld may have for instance decided pettily to take full credit for being the "author of all [Bond's] pain" just to brag and strike a chord in Bond, as siblings can do.
    I mean, SPECTRE/Quantum may be responsible for the events of CR and QoS and provided support to Silva in SF, but Blofeld himself may have not played a huge part in all of this, even if he says that he's had.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    A piece of Furniture to be used in Bond 25. Getting very retro vibes from this.

Some info about the chair:

Bond 25 rented it (or them) from Three Magdalen Street, Norwich, UK,
    Verner Panton – 275 Chair
    Rare 275 chair
    Manufacture: A.Sommer
    Distribution: Thonet
    POA

Design info (in this case in black paint)

From Pamono

Model 275 S-Chair Cantilever Chair by Verner Panton for A. Sommer/Thonet, 1965
    Vintage Design

This S-chair, model 275, was manufactured by A. Sommer in 1965 following a design by Verner Panton from 1956. It is made entirely from black lacquered plywood and is in a very good vintage condition with some signs of use.

Designer Verner Panton
    Born in Denmark in 1926, Verner Panton studied at Odense Technical College before enrolling in the Architecture Department at the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts. From 1950 until 1952, he worked for Arne Jacobsen’s firm before founding his own studio dedicated to experimental architecture and design in 1955.

Panton was passionate about plastics and other new materials, which he exploited to achieve vibrantly colored, geometric forms inspired by Pop Art. In 1959, he debuted his Cone Chair, which led to a number of commissions and partnerships with manufacturers. In 1960, he developed the first inflatable furniture collection and began to create futuristic “total environments” in which the walls, floors, ceiling, and furnishings were treated in a unifying aesthetic.

In the early ’60s, Panton moved to Basel and began a long and productive relationship with Vitra, with whom he developed the iconic Panton Chair, the first cantilevered chair made from a single piece of plastic.

Manufacturer Thonet
    Design Period 1950 to 1959
    Country of Origin Germany
    Style Design Classics, Mid-Century
    Product Code NX0010
    Materials Plywood

Price tag: $4,686.00 + $845.00 Insured Delivery from Germany

Wonder in what scene it will appear. Feels like an expensive upper class home, enviroment (not the Norway-scene with that yellow house) or perhaps Swanns office.