No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Woman Genome... Ed Sheeran...
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing, @marketto007.

I trust your source is legit on those production details, but can't say that I buy GENOME as the title. It's an interesting word, but too much in the same generic vein as ECLIPSE would have been, and we know now that was likely bunk as well.

And if Universal did indeed veto "A Reason to Die" at the last minute for not being "Bond" enough, as we've been told, I can't imagine them considering any of these alternates to be any better.

+1. Woman Genome or Eclipse are both weaker Bond titles than ARtD. But Genome or whatever is even worse than Eclipse, which is still a cool word at least.
    matt_u wrote: »
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing, @marketto007.

I trust your source is legit on those production details, but can't say that I buy GENOME as the title. It's an interesting word, but too much in the same generic vein as ECLIPSE would have been, and we know now that was likely bunk as well.

And if Universal did indeed veto "A Reason to Die" at the last minute for not being "Bond" enough, as we've been told, I can't imagine them considering any of these alternates to be any better.

+1. Woman Genome or Eclipse are both weaker Bond titles than ARtD. But Genome or whatever is even worse than Eclipse, which is still a cool word at least.

My thoughts exactly.

(as ever)
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,241

After reading this I tried to think of a joke featuring Ed Sheeran, but all I could come up with was "Galway Girl Genome"
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    Dark sand, volcanic. Where the hell is that?!? The Azores?
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    Not sure. Also no idea if it's even Bond related or he just took a photo of a good looking place...
    FoxRox wrote: »
    The DNA stuff really intrigues me. It’s sounding like we may get something very new but still Bondian which excites me. Not sure how true those rumors are but my curiosity is very high now.

Has it been confirmed in any way @FoxRox or is it just merely a rumor?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    As long as it's not mistyped for the trailer or posters as:

GNOME

(Hardly seems serious or dangerous, pitting Bond against such a ... short, garden variety adversary) ;)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Is it the sort of misspelling that takes on a life of its own during production. Like Tomorrow Never Dies, I mean.

Sounds a little Disney though.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Wait, so if its another month or so until the trailer drops, when is the title reveal?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,548
    Indeed, teh term "cloning" has too many connotations associated with sci-fi and camp. But in regards to genetics, DNA, and the "human genome" project, there are real-life, 21st century implications worth exploring. Cloning, gene splicing, stem cell research. etc....all of this can be very dangerous if in the wrong hands. The possibilities are actually quite scary. If this is the plotline EON, CJF, and DC are following, they are not venturing into Sci-fi; this technology exists, it is real.

The following article looks at viruses embedded into our DNA...imagine what SPECTRE could possibly be doing with this sort of research...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/04/science/ancient-viruses-dna-genome.html

The future of warfare will not be bombs and missiles. It will be molecular biology.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    StanKobra wrote: »

Maratea, this is not the Set, but the view from it. ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,834
    I can't wait for this film. Loving everything I'm seeing :)
    These locations have me so excited for this film. Especially knowing we have Cary and Linus bringing us the visuals.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    The DNA stuff really intrigues me. It’s sounding like we may get something very new but still Bondian which excites me. Not sure how true those rumors are but my curiosity is very high now.

Has it been confirmed in any way @FoxRox or is it just merely a rumor?

Just a rumor I think.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Genome... genoma... always the same crap. Are we talking about the 25th title of a James Bond movie - the franchise with arguably the best movie titles in movie history - or the title of a random episode for a silly Netflix sci-fi TV series?
    HxhMoKF_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

EMBARASSING.

+100
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    SWANN - "A once man came to our house to kill my father, he didn't know I was upstairs playing in my bedroom. And that papa kept a Beretta 9mm under the sink with the bleach. That's why I hate guns."

If Swann is involved in the cloning, could she have been wrong/lied about the man who came to their house? Could he have been their to take her?

Also, where is Mrs. White in all this? How long ago did she leave and why? Where is she now?

Her full name is Irma Bunt, she left Mr White for Blofeld and that's why White decided to ditch Oberhauser.
    Really still trying not to read plot speculation, but I'll just say that if they make Madeleine into a villain, a "surprise" twist on her to be a baddie, I'd hate that.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I really hope this movie gets an epic looking poster. Like a poster similar to The Living Daylights. That stands out for some reason.
    If we are piecing this together right, it seems like she could have been a part of a cloning program in the past.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 4,400

That's the Isle of Wite.

My bet is that 'Norway' will basically just be the UK.

small.jpg

4971568.jpg

titlepic.jpg
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,241
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I really hope this movie gets an epic looking poster. Like a poster similar to The Living Daylights. That stands out for some reason.

We all do. The current posters are much more minimalistic though, so I'll be surprised if that changes.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

That's the Isle of Wite.

My bet is that 'Norway' will basically just be the UK.

small.jpg

4971568.jpg

titlepic.jpg

That’s Spiaggia Nera in Maratea, Italy.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    The cloning stuff is very intriguing. Being a Craig film, I'm sure it will still be grounded but all the same I wouldn't mind a more outlandish plot this time around. It's been a while since we've had one.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @DonnyDB5 I'll make one for them if they hire me haha :D
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Both ARtD and Genome sound pretty meh, but at least Genome kind of gets my curiosity going. ARtD sounds like the title of Brosnan's 6th cancelled Bond film.
    Walecs wrote: »
    Genome... genoma... always the same crap. Are we talking about the 25th title of a James Bond movie - the franchise with arguably the best movie titles in movie history - or the title of a random episode for a silly Netflix sci-fi TV series?
    HxhMoKF_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

EMBARASSING.

+100

+1000

Surely they must be joking.
    Well if first unit filming begins in Italy this week that is very interesting............

Though I’ll need some convincing first that this isn’t the Isle of Wite
    8 weeks and the film is essentially wrapped. Why does this film feel so action lite. I thought by now we’d see Craig or set photos of major action sequences
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    8 weeks and the film is essentially wrapped. Why does this film feel so action lite. I thought by now we’d see Craig or set photos of major action sequences

Alot is probably at pinewood.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Mmmm, I love me some Genoma salami. 😏