No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Just a little something I've found.

Marie Mouroum is listed in imdb as Lashana Lynch's stunt double. She was in the Cuban chase filmed in Pinewood. This is from last year. Enjoy :)

I'm still not sure how the PTS is gonna go down if Bond is supposed to be retired.

Unless he retires after the PTS, but I doubt it, since they're probably going with the end of SP being his retirement.

Either way, I think it would be cool if Nomi is dramatically revealed by lowering her car window or something while helping Bond chase some bad guys. Throwback to Xenia.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,185
    I'm still not sure how the PTS is gonna go down if Bond is supposed to be retired.

Unless he retires after the PTS, but I doubt it, since they're probably going with the end of SP being his retirement.
    It's an interesting question.
    They are boxed in a bit. We never had a movie before where Bond is retired, so there isn't anything for him to do in the beginning, but at the same time the PTS is such a staple by now in the franchise, as a mini film packed with big action scenes.
    I think the PTS might not feature Bobd at all, but i'm not sure if it would be a good idea to introduce Nomi there either.
    I think it will be something similar to LALD, where Bond isn't in the PTS at all and when we see him, he's Relaxing at home enjoying life. Interestingly thats how FRWL starts as well.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2019 Posts: 10,586
    The obvious way to go is that Bond is not on active service during the PTS. He is with Madeleine, either living in southern Italy or on their way to a destination with his DB5. Then, they are apprehended by SPECTRE operatives who are out for revenge against Bond for incarcerating Blofeld. A chase ensues that either ends with Madeleine dying (or presumed dead), or the two come to the conclusion that they cannot be together out of fear for both their wellbeings. Then, following the titles, Bond is living alone in Jamaica 4-5 years after Matera.

Not sure where Nomi comes into all of this.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Apparently, two Aston Martin Valhalla have arrived to Italy. No, no photos... yet. (At least, one is the grey we saw in Pinewood).

That leads me to believe that
    The Valhalla is Nomi's and that she is involved in the PTS

I think this is possible. I don't think the Valhalla will have a substantial amount of screen time, either.

Agreed; I doubt they have a lot of them to play with.

00Agent wrote: »
    I think it will be something similar to LALD, where Bond isn't in the PTS at all and when we see him, he's Relaxing at home enjoying life.

If they show Daniel Craig elaborately making espresso in his first scene, like Roger in LALD, I will definitely just lose it! :-D

3267-1532336916.jpg
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 11,425
    jake24 wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    A shame they didn't use Scotland as Scotland in SF and Norway as Norway in B25.
    Well they did for SF (they did shoot in the highlands after all). Not sure about B25.

For SF they shot a few minutes/seconds of establishing shots in Scotland. Basically the DB5 and Bond and M having a chat by the roadside. Everything around Skyfail lodge itself was shot on Salisbury Plain in England on Ministry of Defence land.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Well they did for SF (they did shoot in the highlands after all). Not sure about B25.

For SF they shot a few minutes/seconds of establishing shots in Scotland. Basically the DB5 and Bond and M having a chat by the roadside. Everything around Skyfail lodge itself was shot on Salisbury Plain in England on Ministry of Defence land.

Yup, I know.
    I wouldn’t bet against a Bond and Madeleine-less PTS, and we simply learn they had broken up sometime after SP. There are a lot of possibilities.
    The obvious way to go is that Bond is not on active service during the PTS. He is with Madeleine, either living in southern Italy or on their way to a destination with his DB5. Then, they are apprehended by SPECTRE operatives who are out for revenge against Bond for incarcerating Blofeld. A chase ensues that either ends with Madeleine dying (or presumed dead), or the two come to the conclusion that they cannot be together out of fear for both their wellbeings. Then, following the titles, Bond is living alone in Jamaica 4-5 years after Matera.

Not sure where Nomi comes into all of this.
    I can see that, but if Bond and Madeleine split how does Madeleine come back into the fold to be mining Blofeld for information.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I wouldn’t bet against a Bond and Madeleine-less PTS, and we simply learn they had broken up sometime after SP. There are a lot of possibilities.
    A big action set-piece without Bond? Doubtful, IMO.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    A big action set-piece without Bond? Doubtful, IMO.

Different, yes, but totally possible. They appear to be going bold and fresh for this entry so everything’s on the table.
    Didn't @RC7 already say Bond is in the PTS? That narrows things down a little.
    Everyone seems to think matera is the pts I think it’s the ending
    it looks as though Universal are unveiling their 'Cats' trailer this Friday. Which will likely be attached to 'Hobbs and Shaw' - despite both films have widely different audiences.

The other big Universal release is the Sam Mendes film '1917' which will likely get a trailer with 'Hobbs and Shaw'. The real question is when will the Bond 25 trailer drop. There is certainly an argument to be made that we will get it in two weeks times.

It feels like it's taking ages - mainly as we still don't know the title. Hopefully we find out some details soon.

Meanwhile, Rami Malek's next season of Mr Robot dropped it's new trailer today:

He's a great actor. He does so much whilst doing so little. His performance as Elliot is lightyears ahead of his work in the overhyped BoRhap.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Maybe yacht scene in Jamaica will be in PTS? It was shot on IMAX, it's definitely at the beginning of the film. Maybe we wil see underwater hunting with harpoon from James.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 3,164
    it looks as though Universal are unveiling their 'Cats' trailer this Friday. Which will likely be attached to 'Hobbs and Shaw' - despite both films have widely different audiences.

The other big Universal release is the Sam Mendes film '1917' which will likely get a trailer with 'Hobbs and Shaw'. The real question is when will the Bond 25 trailer drop. There is certainly an argument to be made that we will get it in two weeks times.

The Cats trailer is with Lion King this week, fyi ;) though no doubt it will also probably play with Hobbs and Shaw, that and 1917 are the studio’s biggest Christmas films.

Remember that trailers don’t have to debut with the same studio’s films - and after all. B25 isn’t a Universal film in the US which is the key territory when it comes to all the planning etc.

If the B25 trailer is with Hobbs and Shaw - as the last PG13 major tent pole release until Star Wars it probably will be with it - we should get word mid/end of next week hopefully, or early the following like with Cats.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    antovolk wrote: »

The Cats trailer is with Lion King this week, fyi ;) though no doubt it will also probably play with Hobbs and Shaw, that and 1917 are the studio’s biggest Christmas films.

Remember that trailers don’t have to debut with the same studio’s films - and after all. B25 isn’t a Universal film in the US which is the key territory when it comes to all the planning etc.

If the B25 trailer is with Hobbs and Shaw - as the last PG13 major tent pole release until Star Wars it probably will be with it - we should get word mid/end of next week hopefully, or early the following like with Cats.

Hopefully. There don't seem to be any sizable crowd-drawers after Hobbs & Shaw's release until IT: Chapter 2 comes out six weeks from now.
    It just feels like the right time. I’d be a little disappointed if we have no teaser next month. But it was a very long wait to even see the film reach production, so...
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

Hopefully. There don't seem to be any sizable crowd-drawers after Hobbs & Shaw's release until IT: Chapter 2 comes out six weeks from now.

It would be humorous if a CJF film trailered before the sequel to a film that famously kicked CJF off the project.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Minion wrote: »

It would be humorous if a CJF film trailered before the sequel to a film that famously kicked CJF off the project.

Hadn't thought of that. Would be amusing, indeed.
    Here's a cool montage of all (or most) of the BTS footage released (from The Bond Bulletin):

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Nice, @jake24.

Now where did that backing music come from. That's awesome all around.
    Nice, @jake24.

Now where did that backing music come from. That's awesome all around.
    Not sure.

Also, just to be clear I didn't make the vid. It was posted by The Bond Bulletin.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Oh, I took it that way. I think this is the second audio track I can collect after "Boom Shot Dis".

Exciting times. More trailers and advertising examples on the way.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Here's a cool montage of all (or most) of the BTS footage released (from The Bond Bulletin):

What's that? Oh, just my hype level rising.
  • RC7RC7

I’m being pedantic, but it was actually shot on Hankley Common in Surrey. Point stands though.
    Didn't @RC7 already say Bond is in the PTS? That narrows things down a little.

I did.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,400

@antovolk Is there any chance that United Artists Releasing botch the marketing of this and release the trailer with their August 2019 feature Where'd You Go, Bernadette?

Would it even be considered a 'botch' if the trailer causes a big stir online?

Bascially the contenders are below:
    • Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: 26 July
    • Hobbs & Shaw: 2 August
    • Where'd You Go, Bernadette: 16 August
    • It Chapter Two: 6 September
    • Downton Abbey (Universal film): 13 September
    • Ad Astra: 20 September
    The teaser trailer has to be released before the end of September

Also...........remember it's an Eon tradition to invite the press to set in an international location. That will almost certainly be August/September in Italy. The trailer would release either prior or during that set visit.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Minion wrote: »

What's that? Oh, just my hype level rising.

My God, this is wonderful! ^:)^
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    edited July 2019 Posts: 323
    • Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: 26 July
    • Hobbs & Shaw: 2 August
    • Where'd You Go, Bernadette: 16 August
    • It Chapter Two: 6 September
    • Downton Abbey (Universal film): 13 September
    • Ad Astra: 20 September
    The teaser trailer has to be released before the end of September

Where'd you go, Bernadette? and Downton Abbey are films with too limited audience and they dont have broad release (and they will not be in IMAX, one of the main marketing venues for Bond25). It just wont give anything for B25 in cinemas.
    Ad Astra also has problems as it is projected for weak start in box-office and it's sci-fi-ish audience can be not the best target for B25. It's not the best slot for first promotion of such huge franchise.

Hobbs&Shaw looks like clear favourite.