The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Rashford and Lindelof are on the bench, they need to stay there so I can get Wilsons and Lascelles points [-O<
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Pogba scores penalty phew!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,279
    I benched Wilson

tenor.gif?itemid=5954760

Currently 19 points on my bench.

Ouch! You can never predict these things though. I often play the strikers regardless of fixture. Doesn't always work out, but sometimes it does.
    I benched Wilson

tenor.gif?itemid=5954760

Ouch! You can never predict these things though. I often play the strikers regardless of fixture. Doesn't always work out, but sometimes it does.

It was either Jota or Wilson I went with form of both there teams and players, Bournemouth and Wilson not done much lately.
    I benched Wilson

tenor.gif?itemid=5954760

It was either Jota or Wilson I went with form of both there teams and players, Bournemouth and Wilson not done much lately.

Typical when they turn up big time then isn't it! Would have played Jota myself too, so I see every reason to bench Wilson. Worrying signs from Brighton too; a double up on my wildcard might become different players before next gameweek…
    I benched Wilson

tenor.gif?itemid=5954760

Typical when they turn up big time then isn't it! Would have played Jota myself too, so I see every reason to bench Wilson. Worrying signs from Brighton too; a double up on my wildcard might become different players before next gameweek…

Not having Chips has not helped, this GW may be the one where I run out of luck.

Anderson scored, United playing crap again worrying times 1 - 1
    I benched Wilson

tenor.gif?itemid=5954760

Not having Chips has not helped, this GW may be the one where I run out of luck.

Anderson scored, United playing crap again worrying times 1 - 1

Think of it this way; many of us playing the wildcard now have got rid of all Bournemouth players. Might be a differential in itself having Wilson now!

Would still look at the fixtures and form when picking the squad though.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 23,325
    Well two Pogba penalties and Lindelof stayed on the bench so I'll get Lascelles points and a decent Pogba haul, shame Rashford came on.

Dam keep forgetting Rice is listed as a defender, I won't get Lascelles points :(
    Well two Pogba penalties and Lindelof stayed on the bench so I'll get Lascelles points and a decent Pogba haul, shame Rashford came on.

Dam keep forgetting Rice is listed as a defender, I won't get Lascelles points :(

Ah, that's unlucky. At least you get Pogba's points, which will be a huge positive given some of the results today.

Ah, that's unlucky. At least you get Pogba's points, which will be a huge positive given some of the results today.

Sterling has scored so I may reach 40 points if I am lucky later, those Wilson and Lascelle points could have given me a decent week. Think i'll take a hit to get rid of some players I want a strong eleven for the remaining games... all potential points on the pitch.

Sterling has scored so I may reach 40 points if I am lucky later, those Wilson and Lascelle points could have given me a decent week. Think i'll take a hit to get rid of some players I want a strong eleven for the remaining games... all potential points on the pitch.

That might work out over the remaining fixtures. Double gameweek for several players now too.

That might work out over the remaining fixtures. Double gameweek for several players now too.

My squad is in good shape for the Double GW as forward planned a bit, nearing the end of my debut season its been fun though I must do much better next season. You have done well whats your current rank? Are you doing better than last season?
    2 goals for Sterling and 2 assists for Debruyne, I did consider Debruyne as one of the FPL channels suggested it may be a good punt, his recent injuries and form this season has put me off bringing him, he has not been prolific.
    My team is too good for this GW I need to bench either Wilson, Jota, Rashford or Mané, tough decision as all could score highly, Wilson at home to Fulham could be a good haul... I may drop Mané
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns Have you used your bench boost yet?
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns Have you used your bench boost yet?

Yes unfortunately, I used all my chips way too early

My squad is in good shape for the Double GW as forward planned a bit, nearing the end of my debut season its been fun though I must do much better next season. You have done well whats your current rank? Are you doing better than last season?

Didn't see this comment before just now! (something wrong with the notifications perhaps?)
    I was in the same situation last year, taking more hits than I should have, etc. Only difference then was that Salah was good for points almost every single gamewek, and you could do well just by captaining him. This season has been more unpredictable, IMO.

Pretty sure you'll do better next season. You'll have much more knowledge of the game, and by following various Youtube channels, Twitter accounts etc, you'll get to know how other managers play the game. There's a lot of content out there!

I'm doing better than last season at the moment. Finished last season at 83k, and I'm currently at 28k. Won't expect to finish that high though, as captaincy picks and transfers can have a big impact on overall rank.
    My team is too good for this GW I need to bench either Wilson, Jota, Rashford or Mané, tough decision as all could score highly, Wilson at home to Fulham could be a good haul... I may drop Mané

That's quite a dilemma. Mané has Cardiff up next though; could be a lot of points there. Jota has Brighton and a shaky Arsenal defence to play, Wilson has Fulham – also a very favourable fixture, while Rashford has Everton away and City at home – two games that's very difficult to predict! I'd just go with the gut feeling on this one!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    My team for this game week:

Foster*
    Duffy*, Alex-Arnold, Rice
    Milivojevic, Eriksen* (C), Hazard, Pogba*
    Firmino, Lacazette*, Jimenez*

* = players with double fixtures.
    My team for this game week:

Foster*
    Duffy*, Alex-Arnold, Rice
    Milivojevic, Eriksen* (C), Hazard, Pogba*
    Firmino, Lacazette*, Jimenez*

Looking good that team, @DaltonCraig007! I think Firmino might be a great option for the rest of the season. Liverpool need to field a strong team to win the league, and Firmino is so important to them.

I'm playing the Bench Boost this gameweek, so my team will look like this:

Ryan*
    Robertson - Vertonghen* - Bednarek*
    Eriksen* - Sterling (C)* - Mané - Son*
    Wilson - Agüero* - Jiménez*
    (Foster* - Højbjerg* - Doherty* - Valery*)

Here are the gameweek 35 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 3
    Jiménez: 2
    Agüero: 1
    Eriksen: 1
    Aubameyang: 1
    Pogba: 1
    Foster: 1
    Sterling: 1

In a (double) gameweek with several good captaincy options, Salah and Jiménez are the most captained in our league. With 8 different captains at play in our league, it will be interesting to see which players delivers the most points!
    Sterling captain not going well… :-/
    edited April 2019 Posts: 23,325
    I ended up benching Wilson not paid for it, though not a great points haul today so far, I put my captaincy on Jimenez
    I ended up benching Wilson not paid for it, though not a great points haul today so far, I put my captaincy on Jimenez

One more game to go for Jiménez though!

Thankfully the Double games will bail me out, so glad I did not bench Mané, the Bournemouth score surprised me

Thankfully the Double games will bail me out, so glad I did not bench Mané, the Bournemouth score surprised me

Yeah, expected Bournemouth to get something from that game. Getting Wilson for a hit didn't help! Even worse, I transferred out Duffy to afford it…
    15 minutes until the deadline!
    Friday night deadline always makes things more stressful – hope everyone got their teams in order! The gameweek 36 captaincy picks are:
    Salah: 5
    Agüero: 1
    Eriksen: 1
    Robertson: 1
    Aubameyang: 1
    Pogba: 1
    Mané: 1

There are several teams with decent fixtures this gameweek, and Salah is the most popular option for managers in our league. Good luck everyone!
    Totally forgot there was a game on tonight did not check my team, I have no idea who my Captain is, I think it maybe Robertson looking at that above list
    Just checked my team Rashford is on my bench whoops
    Just checked my team Rashford is on my bench whoops

Ouch! Lets just hope missing the deadline was a blessing in disguise. Robertson got the assist for the Mané goal, btw!