The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

I have just been watching EliteFPL YouTube channel two of them are in the top 1000, one is 103 in the world not bad at all.

Wow! Must have some good scoring average to make it to 103rd in the world!

I know I feel like a total novice, the channel appears to have only recently been set up on YouTube though it seems the guys on it have been doing it for years.

Never heard of that channel before, but it sounds a bit like Fantasy Football Scout, where they sometimes interview people who have achieved great rankings in the game, over several seasons. Always interesting to see how people play the game!

The guy with 103rd ranking is one of the channel hosts, he is always on it.

I'll give it a watch! A guy at 103rd must be doing something right!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,327

I currently have 8 players blanking in GW31

I'll change a few players leading upto GW31, though I'll be looking at the double GW more so than the blanks.

I'll change a few players leading upto GW31, though I'll be looking at the double GW more so than the blanks.

I have 7 players blanking, so very much the same situation here. There's another blank in 33, I think, and I'm unsure how I'm going to plan the use of the chips going into those gameweeks.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I have 7 players blanking, so very much the same situation here. There's another blank in 33, I think, and I'm unsure how I'm going to plan the use of the chips going into those gameweeks.

I have no chips left though I know two players that I will move out over the next two GW's. I think I'll keep a few big players I have. United and Wolves blanking on GW31 and 33 is a concern
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,279

I have no chips left though I know two players that I will move out over the next two GW's. I think I'll keep a few big players I have. United and Wolves blanking on GW31 and 33 is a concern

I didn't think of Balbuena and Puncheon, so that will be 5 players blanking for me, not 7. Will probably transfer out Richarlison though, Balbuena is still injured, and Puncheon hasn't played every match since the Huddersfield move I think. Not ideal, but I might get away with transfers – saving the chips until gameweek 32 onwards.

I wouldn't worry too much about gameweek 31. Liverpool is the only big team playing, and many have played some chips already, or saving them for later. Fielding 11 or 7-8 players might not make too much a difference.

I didn't think of Balbuena and Puncheon, so that will be 5 players blanking for me, not 7. Will probably transfer out Richarlison though, Balbuena is still injured, and Puncheon hasn't played every match since the Huddersfield move I think. Not ideal, but I might get away with transfers – saving the chips until gameweek 32 onwards.

I wouldn't worry too much about gameweek 31. Liverpool is the only big team playing, and many have played some chips already, or saving them for later. Fielding 11 or 7-8 players might not make too much a difference.

I'll have a decent team though there are three players I just won't sell as it will be difficult to buy them back

I'll have a decent team though there are three players I just won't sell as it will be difficult to buy them back

It's definitely a factor worth considering when considering selling players. If you might want them back but lack the funds to do so, it can be just as wise to keep them. Depends if the replacements are likely to score more points over a certain period or not, IMO.

It's definitely a factor worth considering when considering selling players. If you might want them back but lack the funds to do so, it can be just as wise to keep them. Depends if the replacements are likely to score more points over a certain period or not, IMO.

I learned the hard way when I last used a wildcard the value of my team dropped, also the double GW's will be close to the blank weeks without chips it will be tough to get so many players out and back in again.

I learned the hard way when I last used a wildcard the value of my team dropped, also the double GW's will be close to the blank weeks without chips it will be tough to get so many players out and back in again.

Yeah, the selling price and purchase price can be a bit difficult to navigate. As an example, many of us have gained some team value with Pogba and/or Rashford. Selling them now, and getting them back might be difficult because of their increased price.

With no chips left, I'd definitely look at/keeping players that can bring in good scores, even if they blank. Add players that are sure not to blank (Liverpool for example), so that you can field as many players as possible any given gameweek. Even a couple points here and there can make a difference, so benchable options that you can start when other players blank is better than nothing. Balbuena and Puncheon might be so for me in gameweek 31.
    Just woke up I had to double check it was not Friday :)) night shifts mess you up. I'll sort my team tonight.
    Just woke up I had to double check it was not Friday :)) night shifts mess you up. I'll sort my team tonight.

That's understandable! :))
    Guess there's still some press conferences to be held, so it might be worth waiting for news. But like you, I'm tempted to sort my own team tonight.

Yeah, the selling price and purchase price can be a bit difficult to navigate. As an example, many of us have gained some team value with Pogba and/or Rashford. Selling them now, and getting them back might be difficult because of their increased price.

With no chips left, I'd definitely look at/keeping players that can bring in good scores, even if they blank. Add players that are sure not to blank (Liverpool for example), so that you can field as many players as possible any given gameweek. Even a couple points here and there can make a difference, so benchable options that you can start when other players blank is better than nothing. Balbuena and Puncheon might be so for me in gameweek 31.

Pogba and Rashford ill bench during the blanks for sure so will improve my squad depth in the mean time, I have money in the bank and a few out goings will give me extra funds

Pogba and Rashford ill bench during the blanks for sure so will improve my squad depth in the mean time, I have money in the bank and a few out goings will give me extra funds

Rashford is also an easy transfer out should Lukaku etc. steal playing time. If there's any indication of rotation going forward, there are options to replace him with. Pogba is great value at the moment, and I'll probably just bench in the blank gameweek – unless a must-have option presents himself between gameweek 27-31.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    My team for this Game Week:

Foster
    Bennett, Cathcart, Boly
    Pogba, Salah, Son, Moutinho
    Lacazette, Mitrovic, Jimenez
    My team for this Game Week:

Foster
    Bennett, Cathcart, Boly
    Pogba, Salah, Son, Moutinho
    Lacazette, Mitrovic, Jimenez

Looks good! There are players with decent fixtures in this team, and that might bring some good scores :-)

Here's my team. Wan-Bissaka's injury forced me to bring in Pereira for a hit, but with decent fixtures, I'm hoping that the -4 isn't too much a risk.

Alisson
    Robertson - Pereira - Doherty
    Son - Salah - Pogba - Felipe Anderson
    Rashford - Jiménez - Aubameyang
    (Hamer - Puncheon - Wan-B - Balbuena)

Here are the captaincy picks for gameweek 27! Aybameyang and Salah makes go-to options in a gameweek where City and Chelsea assets blank (Agüero captain, @barryt007?) – while Son and Felipe Anderson makes great differential picks. Good luck everyone!
    Aubameyang: 4
    Salah: 3
    Son: 2
    Agüero:
    Felipe Anderson: 1
    Babel makes it 0-1 for Fulham.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Torgeirtrap I had to cave in and use my wildcard, I simply had too many players with blank gameweeks or injuries.
    @Torgeirtrap I had to cave in and use my wildcard, I simply had too many players with blank gameweeks or injuries.

Have to use it at some point! With injuries and blanks that's as good point as any, unless you're preparing to use it later. Trying to keep it as long as possible myself, but things change quickly in FPL.
    1-1, Chicharito. VAR wouldn't have given that!

Edit: 2-1, Diop. Still no returns for Felipe Anderson…
    Deulofeu with a hat-trick in the Cardiff-Watford game!

…and Deeney makes it 0-4!
    ______

Anderson off…

Edit: a goal for Cardiff from Bamba, but Deeney makes it 1-5(!) in the other end.

And Antonio makes it 3-1 for West Ham, from an Arnautović assist.
    I was considering Deulofeu before I brought in Jota

At the last minute I got Aubameyang in for Aguero for a hit, I hope it pays off, I have captained Aubameyang also

At the last minute I got Aubameyang in for Aguero for a hit, I hope it pays off, I have captained Aubameyang also

The players we just consider instead of bringing in have a tendency to do well, don't they? :))

With the scores I've had so far this gameweek, I really hope Aubameyang scores big against Southampton. I have a bad feeling Southampton will turn up for this match though…

The players we just consider instead of bringing in have a tendency to do well, don't they? :))

With the scores I've had so far this gameweek, I really hope Aubameyang scores big against Southampton. I have a bad feeling Southampton will turn up for this match though…

Yeah Southampton did OK against you earlier this season, I went for Aubameyang as there was no one else really. I almost brought in Kane though I was 0.1 million short Gr then he scores :))
    I benched Lossl for Etheridge, I have had no luck with keepers all season, Lossl got 5 points

Yeah Southampton did OK against you earlier this season, I went for Aubameyang as there was no one else really. I almost brought in Kane though I was 0.1 million short Gr then he scores :))

Yeah, the captaincy options this gameweek aren't that many, if not counting the possibility of captaining either a Liverpool or United player – and that's a difficult match to predict, IMO.

Been 0.1m short so many times this season, as well! It's really annoying, but at the same time it can narrow the options down considerably, which can be a good thing too.
    I benched Lossl for Etheridge, I have had no luck with keepers all season, Lossl got 5 points

He did? Guess he was quite busy this afternoon, with Huddersfield reduced to ten men.

Yeah, the captaincy options this gameweek aren't that many, if not counting the possibility of captaining either a Liverpool or United player – and that's a difficult match to predict, IMO.

Been 0.1m short so many times this season, as well! It's really annoying, but at the same time it can narrow the options down considerably, which can be a good thing too.

He did? Guess he was quite busy this afternoon, with Huddersfield reduced to ten men.

I could have done the Kane deal if I did not bring in Etheridge so I basically lost 14 points so far for bringing in Etheridge :))

True some rubbish sides can have keepers who will rack up the saves, I think Etheridge got 15 points one game

I could have done the Kane deal if I did not bring in Etheridge so I basically lost 14 points so far for bringing in Etheridge :))

True some rubbish sides can have keepers who will rack up the saves, I think Etheridge got 15 points one game

Ouch! That's the way it works out sometimes, unfortunately!

Yes, some keepers are good for save points. And when they get clean sheets as well, you're looking at decent scores from the goalkeeper alone. Etheridge has saved some penalties as well.

Yes, some keepers are good for save points. And when they get clean sheets as well, you're looking at decent scores from the goalkeeper alone. Etheridge has saved some penalties as well.

Already brought two players in for the blank weeks, now we know some of the double GW's trying to compensate for having no chips