The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Kane on the bench

Its difficult with fixture congestion as many players are going to have an off game, one thing I wont do is take a hit over Christmas. I am going to let my Free Transfers build up over the next two games

That might be a smart move. Injuries will no doubt be a concern (Arsenal know all about this now), and before you know it, you're looking at a -8 just to field a decent side. On the other hand, an occasional hit might work out – but it's best to at least get all news possible before doing so.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Gr Spurs are winning they may not need to bring on Kane, what a crap scoring week all my big hitters have done nothing
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,241
    Gr Spurs are winning they may not need to bring on Kane, what a crap scoring week all my big hitters have done nothing

Still some time to go, of course! Have Son luckily, but I fear he'll might be benched sometime soon.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Still some time to go, of course! Have Son luckily, but I fear he'll might be benched sometime soon.

Son will get game time as he is away for the Asia Cup soon so a good player to have

Son will get game time as he is away for the Asia Cup soon so a good player to have

I hope you're right and that he's not rested to be fit for the Asia Cup instead. I read somewhere that he won't be playing the first games, but I don't know how the Asia Cup works around these things.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,104
    Well unless Richarlison has a blinder this is my worst points haul, it's depressing though admittedly if I had kept Martial and Pogba I would have even less points.
    Well unless Richarlison has a blinder this is my worst points haul, it's depressing though admittedly if I had kept Martial and Pogba I would have even less points.

Son's points somehow making up for the lack of returns elsewhere in the team. Can only hope the Wolves guys and Richarlison follows up Son's point haul and delivers too – or else it's red arrows incoming.

Will be interesting to see if Salah's hattrick will have a positive impact on the CL game midweek. If he impresses against Napoli, he's tempting to bring back again.

Re. Pogba, you have to wonder how much he'll feature with the Mou situation going on. Transferring him out will probably turn out a smart move long term.

Son's points somehow making up for the lack of returns elsewhere in the team. Can only hope the Wolves guys and Richarlison follows up Son's point haul and delivers too – or else it's red arrows incoming.

Will be interesting to see if Salah's hattrick will have a positive impact on the CL game midweek. If he impresses against Napoli, he's tempting to bring back again.

Re. Pogba, you have to wonder how much he'll feature with the Mou situation going on. Transferring him out will probably turn out a smart move long term.

Been thinking of bringing Salah in though I think City have some potential goal fest fixtures coming up so will hang onto Sterling despite two poor GW's. Personally I hope Napoli give them a tough game which Liverpool lose painfully lol Jose will or should play kids against Valencia. Liverpool v United I am dreading next week

Been thinking of bringing Salah in though I think City have some potential goal fest fixtures coming up so will hang onto Sterling despite two poor GW's. Personally I hope Napoli give them a tough game which Liverpool lose painfully lol Jose will or should play kids against Valencia. Liverpool v United I am dreading next week

City always seem able to put on a goal fest, although tonight wasn't one. I'll hang on to Sané for now, but I'm definitely worried not owning Sterling. Looking forward to that Napoli game actually. Think it can be an interesting one for the neutral viewer as well.

Same with the United game midweek. There's several injuries at United still, isn't it?

Hadn't looked at the fixtures, so I didn't know Liverpool and United play each other next weekend! That's a massive game for both teams. A United win and a top four is suddenly very possible still. A Liverpool win, and they're still at the top with City most likely just behind them.

City always seem able to put on a goal fest, although tonight wasn't one. I'll hang on to Sané for now, but I'm definitely worried not owning Sterling. Looking forward to that Napoli game actually. Think it can be an interesting one for the neutral viewer as well.

Same with the United game midweek. There's several injuries at United still, isn't it?

Hadn't looked at the fixtures, so I didn't know Liverpool and United play each other next weekend! That's a massive game for both teams. A United win and a top four is suddenly very possible still. A Liverpool win, and they're still at the top with City most likely just behind them.

Sánchez is still out though he is being linked with PSG, it will be tough to sell him based on his wages.

We need a miracle to beat Liverpool at Annfield United are depressingly poor under the miserable one.

Sánchez is still out though he is being linked with PSG, it will be tough to sell him based on his wages.

We need a miracle to beat Liverpool at Annfield United are depressingly poor under the miserable one.

Sánchez to PSG? Wouldn't rule that out with all the money they have to spend. I've been thinking about how Sánchez would have done with Emery coaching, which could be interesting – but I think Arsenal sold at the right time. He was more or less playing for a move away at the end there. It certainly felt that way.

I don't know. I think Liverpool can struggle against a deep United team. Mark out Salah and Mané, and I think a lot of the attacking force of Liverpool is gone. Shaqiri is another factor now of course.

Sánchez to PSG? Wouldn't rule that out with all the money they have to spend. I've been thinking about how Sánchez would have done with Emery coaching, which could be interesting – but I think Arsenal sold at the right time. He was more or less playing for a move away at the end there. It certainly felt that way.

I don't know. I think Liverpool can struggle against a deep United team. Mark out Salah and Mané, and I think a lot of the attacking force of Liverpool is gone. Shaqiri is another factor now of course.

Under Jose I have become a bit apathetic to United I just want him out of the club, though I'll be watching next Sunday for sure, it will probably be a draw.

Under Jose I have become a bit apathetic to United I just want him out of the club, though I'll be watching next Sunday for sure, it will probably be a draw.

A draw would shake thing up a bit I think – even more so a win for United. I'm sure José want one of those massive wins to show he and United are still to be reckoned with this season.

We're in the middle of a period where Arsenal usually begin to struggle too. I hope the late win against Huddersfield is not a sign of that.
    The FPL Cup draws have been made! Are people confident in beating the opposition? :-)
    Looks like a very difficult one for me. My opponent has both Salah and Sterling, both whom I don't own.
    The FPL Cup draws have been made! Are people confident in beating the opposition? :-)
    Looks like a very difficult one for me. My opponent has both Salah and Sterling, both whom I don't own.

My opponent is from Nigeria,he has a similar team to me but all his subs are injured,badly injured as well,which could be handy !!!
    barryt007 wrote: »

My opponent is from Nigeria,he has a similar team to me but all his subs are injured,badly injured as well,which could be handy !!!

That looks promising! Even more so if Chelsea don't keep a clean sheet (I see he has Hazard, Alonso AND Azpilicueta). They play Brighton away on Sunday, and Brighton are usually much better when playing at the Amex Stadium.

That looks promising! Even more so if Chelsea don't keep a clean sheet (I see he has Hazard, Alonso AND Azpilicueta). They play Brighton away on Sunday, and Brighton are usually much better when playing at the Amex Stadium.

One of his subs is on a season long loan to QPR ,and he has 21 transfers available,so I don't think he even plays lately,so I should get a free swipe this week !!

One of his subs is on a season long loan to QPR ,and he has 21 transfers available,so I don't think he even plays lately,so I should get a free swipe this week !!

21 transfers available? 21 transfers made you mean?
    Yeah, noticed he had Nahki Wells there, and only Wilson to come off the bench. He also has Lucas Moura who hasn't played that much recently (I think), and Guendouzi who we both know isn't in the Arsenal team primarily to score goals.
    Cup draws? Where is that?
    My points were too low in GW16 so did not qualify for the cup, I knew nothing about it.
    My points were too low in GW16 so did not qualify for the cup, I knew nothing about it.

The cup is a side competition to the usual gameweeks, starting around this time of the season. Teams picked at random face each other in a knockout where having the most points sends you through to the next round. Last year I went head to head with a team that probably hadn't been touched since gameweek one, yet lost out with about 15 points!

The cup is a side competition to the usual gameweeks, starting around this time of the season. Teams picked at random face each other in a knockout where having the most points sends you through to the next round. Last year I went head to head with a team that probably hadn't been touched since gameweek one, yet lost out with about 15 points!

I missed the cut by a few thousand or so lol

I missed the cut by a few thousand or so lol

That's bad luck! The cup is difficult though. It's not about your overall rank, but rather getting enough points that specific week so that you get through to the next round. I've heard of people that have gotten far into the the cup competition, but that's more about luck (than the usual week-to-week game).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Just did my transfers (1 free + 1 extra): Wilson --> Jimenez and Martial --> Fraser. Hopefully I can outscore my cup opponent this game week by more than 4 points, otherwise I am eliminated!
    Just did my transfers (1 free + 1 extra): Wilson --> Jimenez and Martial --> Fraser. Hopefully I can outscore my cup opponent this game week by more than 4 points, otherwise I am eliminated!

Wilson and Martial are both still injured I believe, and there's got to be goals in that Wolves-Bournemouth game. Wouldn't be surprised to se Fraser and Jiménez involved!

I'm playing both myself as well.
    Decided to stick with Wilson there is a good chance he will be involved today according to some articles, trying not to take any hits so if Wilson is out hopefully my bench will deliver.
    Decided to stick with Wilson there is a good chance he will be involved today according to some articles, trying not to take any hits so if Wilson is out hopefully my bench will deliver.

Wilson won't be missing many games through injuries, as this was just a small one. Jiménez is a god option if in need of a playing striker this GW.

Wilson won't be missing many games through injuries, as this was just a small one. Jiménez is a god option if in need of a playing striker this GW.

Already bought Jimenez in as a free, thinking of Hazard after today, I'll see how Sterling does. City's rotation is irritating me
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    CITY XI | Ederson, Walker, Gündogan, Laporte, Delph, Sané, Silva, Fernandinho (C), Mahrez, Otamendi, Jesus

SUBS | Muric, Stones, Sterling, Agüero, De Bruyne, Zinchenko, Foden

Already bought Jimenez in as a free, thinking of Hazard after today, I'll see how Sterling does. City's rotation is irritating me

Sterling on the bench today! Maybe that will make him more likely to start next gameweek?