The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited September 2019 Posts: 17,241
    barryt007 wrote: »
    If we can get our academy lads going and get our Young English loanies back after experience from Leeds etc it’s looking good !!!!

Indeed! Nketiah is doing well at Leeds, so hopefully he can fill that striker spot in a few years time – and be a good option to Lacazette/Aubameyang until then.
    This GW is a disaster so far

Indeed. No Sterling or Zinchenko, Mount injured and only Greenwood and Dendoncker to come on…

I started mount so hopefully he is out as I have Lundstrum with 9 points currently on bench. Vardy only 4 points for me, should have gone with De Bruyne though Pep Roulette is tough to navigate

Just noticed your vice captain, good points there.

After three naff weeks considering dumping Sterling for Mané, Son or Aguero

Lucky vice captaincy for once!

Too bad with Vardy, but with the Sterling no-show, you'll to get those Lundstram points off the bench. He's on three bonus points too, I think.

The City roulette will be difficult to navigate now. First priority for me is looking for a Zinchenko replacement. Have to think about Sterling too.

Just glad I have two free transfers, that City score was crazy

Just the one transfer here, which does make the wildcard a tempting option this week.

Been a bit distracted had some items stolen though had to go to work so will have to sort it tomorrow. I am fuming lol its took my focus off fpl

Stolen? How?

Some parcels sent to me, I had suspicions though today found a opened parcel addressed to me that was empty. Four parcels are unaccounted for, will report it to police tomorrow

That's a shame – no wonder you're fuming! Don't know how likely it is you'll ever get the items back, but I hope it will sort itself out somehow!
    Much needed clean sheet points from Ryan brings me up to 40 disaster averted with four players with games tomorrow, I need a Liverpool win with a clean sheet, and a debut Greenwood goal

I suddenly need Greenwood to perform too. Just finished watching Newcastle-Brighton; that sure was a boring match. Brighton came closest, but their best effort was saved on the goal line.

Cheers I will sort it

The bore draws do pay dividends with clean sheets, I was considering Dunk replacing Van Dyk to free up cash which I am still likely to do with my double transfer

Seems like a sensible move given Liverpool's lack of clean sheets. Went with Rico as my van Dijk replacement, but that was mostly to free up some much needed cash.

Rico move paid off, Callum Wilson doing very well fpl extra points every week so far, I missed than one

I had him at the start but transferred him out for Pukki in gameweek 3. But he's kept getting points since then. That being said, he didn't do much before getting that late goal last night. Abraham is on my watchlist too.
    Bonus points have bailed me out got 49 points with four players left so Sterling and bad Captain choice not hurting as much as first thought, I should maintain my 58 point average which at this stage is decent

Love it when that happens. Just shows that there's more than one way to get a decent gameweek score.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,102
    There are rumours that Greenwood has been dropped from the Squad for West Ham which is madness if true...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/09/21/mason-greenwood-dropped-manchester-united-squad-west-ham-clash-daniel-james-included-10784371/amp/

That would mean Rashford is our only Striker, hopefully this is false for more than one reason
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Took a hit to make three transfers (mini wildcard) to improve my team, maybe jumping the gun as still games to play including midweek cup matches though cant hold off in case of price rise.
    There are rumours that Greenwood has been dropped from the Squad for West Ham which is madness if true...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/09/21/mason-greenwood-dropped-manchester-united-squad-west-ham-clash-daniel-james-included-10784371/amp/

That would mean Rashford is our only Striker, hopefully this is false for more than one reason

I might be down to one sub (Dendoncker) if that's true!
    Took a hit to make three transfers (mini wildcard) to improve my team, maybe jumping the gun as still games to play including midweek cup matches though cant hold off in case of price rise.

I hate it when price rises forces early transfers. I've missed out on several players already because of price changes.

I hate it when price rises forces early transfers. I've missed out on several players already because of price changes.

Hopefully Greenwood was not seen and did travel, though looks unlikely. Apparently Mount could be fit.

I had to get Abraham and Son in for Vardy and Mount, the hit was Van Dyk to free up some money to allow those deals.

QhZfKab.jpg
    Watching Man City highlights, De Bruyne must be the best player in the world currently. He stays in my FPL team all season barring injury

Hopefully Greenwood was not seen and did travel, though looks unlikely. Apparently Mount could be fit.

I had to get Abraham and Son in for Vardy and Mount, the hit was Van Dyk to free up some money to allow those deals.

QhZfKab.jpg

Seems like decent moves that! Really want Son too, but I'm 0.1-0.5 short no matter what moves I make…
    Watching Man City highlights, De Bruyne must be the best player in the world currently. He stays in my FPL team all season barring injury

He's really been impressive this season (as he's always been when fit). You really see the difference with a City including De Bruyne in the starting eleven, and one without.

QhZfKab.jpg

Seems like decent moves that! Really want Son too, but I'm 0.1-0.5 short no matter what moves I make…

He's really been impressive this season (as he's always been when fit). You really see the difference with a City including De Bruyne in the starting eleven, and one without.

It pains me to say that if De Bruyne stays fit he will be the difference and City will likely win the CL.

Decided to hang onto Sterling he will get points over the course of the season, happy with my midfield Cantwell, Sterling, Salah, De Bruyne, Son. going forward I can always bring in Mane if needed

QhZfKab.jpg

It pains me to say that if De Bruyne stays fit he will be the difference and City will likely win the CL.

Decided to hang onto Sterling he will get points over the course of the season, happy with my midfield Cantwell, Sterling, Salah, De Bruyne, Son. going forward I can always bring in Sane if needed

That's an impressive midfield! Missed the price rises of Cantwell myself, so I can't get that midfield even if I want to. I'm relying on a cheaper midfielder becoming as good an option as Son/Cantwell.

QhZfKab.jpg

Decided to hang onto Sterling he will get points over the course of the season, happy with my midfield Cantwell, Sterling, Salah, De Bruyne, Son. going forward I can always bring in Sane if needed

That's an impressive midfield! Missed the price rises of Cantwell myself, so I can't get that midfield even if I want to. I'm relying on a cheaper midfielder becoming as good an option as Son/Cantwell.

My Strikers are none Premium Pukki, Greenwood and Abraham, though Chelsea really have some great fixtures after today Abraham could rack up some points

QhZfKab.jpg

My Strikers are none Premium Pukki, Greenwood and Abraham, though Chelsea really have some great fixtures after today Abraham could rack up some points

Same here re. non-premium strikers, although I have Wilson instead of Abraham. Won't be surprised if I make the transfer of Wilson > Abraham eventually.

QhZfKab.jpg

Same here re. non-premium strikers, although I have Wilson instead of Abraham. Won't be surprised if I make the transfer of Wilson > Abraham eventually.

Watching United v West Ham game shortly, are you able to get the Arsenal game in Norway

QhZfKab.jpg

Watching United v West Ham game shortly, are you able to get the Arsenal game in Norway

No, they're showing the Chelsea-Liverpool game instead. I think TV2 deliberately (at least most of the time) choose their games based on how big a fanbase the teams have, which unfortunately sees many interesting matches not aired live.

Arsenal-Villa isn't a particularly interesting match though.

QhZfKab.jpg

No, they're showing the Chelsea-Liverpool game instead. I think TV2 deliberately (at least most of the time) choose their games based on how big a fanbase the teams have, which unfortunately sees many interesting matches not aired live.

Confirmed no Greenwood in the match day squad

Sky have United v West Ham then Chelsea v Liverpool a good afternoon of football. Though Ole has picked a slow side we will lose
    Greenwood has Tonsilitus

Roy Keane and Jose in the studio, Keane wont hold back

QhZfKab.jpg

Sky have United v West Ham then Chelsea v Liverpool a good afternoon of football. Though Ole has picked a slow side we will lose

Really need Mount to play now!

West Ham are all over the place, so I can see United winning this game. Harder to predict the Liverpool-Chelsea game, I think!

QhZfKab.jpg

West Ham are all over the place, so I can see United winning this game. Harder to predict the Liverpool-Chelsea game, I think!

If Mount does not start I have Kelly as a last resort though not sure he will return for Palace as Kelly has been out injured and I think other Palace defenders have returned

I think there will be goals at Stampford bridge my prediction is 4 - 1 to Liverpool though I need a clean sheet with double Liverpool defence

QhZfKab.jpg

If Mount does not start I have Kelly as a last resort though not sure he will return for Palace as Kelly has been out injured and I think other Palace defenders have returned

I think there will be goals at Stampford bridge my prediction is 4 - 1 to Liverpool though I need a clean sheet with double Liverpool defence

Haven't followed the Palace lineups closely, but Kelly did play the first gameweeks, did't he?

There will be goals in the Liverpool-Chelsea game, that's for sure. And I do think it will be goals for both teams. Liverpool most likely the winner.

QhZfKab.jpg

Haven't followed the Palace lineups closely, but Kelly did play the first gameweeks, did't he?

There will be goals in the Liverpool-Chelsea game, that's for sure. And I do think it will be goals for both teams. Liverpool most likely the winner.

Just checked Kelly on the bench, if Mason Mount misses the game it could be a 10 player week for me gr
    It looks like some FPL teams have been hacked (targeted most likely). Worth keeping an eye on:

It looks like some FPL teams have been hacked (targeted most likely). Worth keeping an eye on:

So people are hacking teams and deleting them a bit daft, maybe an idea randomly change difficult passwords

QhZfKab.jpg

Just checked Kelly on the bench, if Mason Mount misses the game it could be a 10 player week for me gr

Annoying when that happens. Bad luck too, as you'd think Greenwood would have been in the squad/maybe even played if not for the tonsillitis.

QhZfKab.jpg

Annoying when that happens. Bad luck too, as you'd think Greenwood would have been in the squad/maybe even played if not for the tonsillitis.

I agree I was expecting to see Greenwood start, just changed my password on FPL as I was using the same password as last year, just in case that's how the hackers have got hold of information

So people are hacking teams and deleting them a bit daft, maybe an idea randomly change difficult passwords

From what I've seen so far, it's FPL manager's that are well-known in the FPL community that's been targeted. Maybe others, but haven't read anything about that.

QhZfKab.jpg

I agree I was expecting to see Greenwood start, just changed my password on FPL as I was using the same password as last year, just in case that's how the hackers have got hold of information

Changed my password as well, just in case.

From what I've seen so far, it's FPL manager's that are well-known in the FPL community that's been targeted. Maybe others, but haven't read anything about that.

QhZfKab.jpg

Twats ruining other peoples fun, there must be a backup for the players teams though then again we are talking almost 7 million FPL Managers

QhZfKab.jpg

Twats ruining other peoples fun, there must be a backup for the players teams though then again we are talking almost 7 million FPL Managers

If there's a small number of managers affected (as FPL themselves seem to suggest), I'm sure they're able to restore the teams somehow – much like an in-game bug or something like that. Will be interesting to see what happens; one of those affected runs a stream I use to watch, so he'll surely provide updates.
    Looking better so far for me this week.
    Dull game though Wan Bissaka what a player
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Looking better so far for me this week.

Great score for Maddison!
    Dull game though Wan Bissaka what a player

More crap than dull ,but I have De Gea and Noble (penalty taker) in my team - not doing much atm :(